North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

What is the big deal with LHGCL

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by ForReal 13/08/19, 05:07 pm

timmyh wrote:
Yo wrote:Look no further than the 08's to see what has happened to this once-proud league:

There will be 15 teams in D1.  
7 teams earned a D1 bye.
5 teams earned a D2 bye.
1 team played in PP, another in API and one was relegated out of the league.

From what I am told, none of the 4 "elite" teams in Dallas for the 08 age group are playing in Lake Highlands this coming year.
Sting, Texans, FCD, and Solar West all found different platforms that better suit their goals.

At U13 the top teams obviously have other leagues to go play in (DA and ECNL) and the quality of LH drops significantly, but even at U12 nowadays LH has lost a bit of its luster.

They are playing, but up in D1 of U13.  In U13 D1, only two teams that would have ordinarily earned a D1 bye are returning (back when only 9 teams are D1 at U13).  The 08s will be playing several teams that would ordinarily be D2 or D3 or were in Plano or relegated out of D3.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by BENDMEOVER 13/08/19, 05:43 pm

When it rains it pours.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousCoward 13/08/19, 06:11 pm

ForReal wrote:They are playing, but up in D1 of U13.  In U13 D1, only two teams that would have ordinarily earned a D1 bye are returning (back when only 9 teams are D1 at U13).  The 08s will be playing several teams that would ordinarily be D2 or D3 or were in Plano or relegated out of D3.
Solar 08G Cavalle/Richie wins U13, unless, of course, CPP continues to be rampant.

I'm interested in seeing how Scarfone's (err Salazar's) girls do playing up.

Further, will Kat's cobbled-together roster/loaners play well together?

AnonymousCoward
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 13/08/19, 10:10 pm

ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:
Yo wrote:Look no further than the 08's to see what has happened to this once-proud league:

There will be 15 teams in D1.  
7 teams earned a D1 bye.
5 teams earned a D2 bye.
1 team played in PP, another in API and one was relegated out of the league.

From what I am told, none of the 4 "elite" teams in Dallas for the 08 age group are playing in Lake Highlands this coming year.
Sting, Texans, FCD, and Solar West all found different platforms that better suit their goals.

At U13 the top teams obviously have other leagues to go play in (DA and ECNL) and the quality of LH drops significantly, but even at U12 nowadays LH has lost a bit of its luster.

They are playing, but up in D1 of U13.  In U13 D1, only two teams that would have ordinarily earned a D1 bye are returning (back when only 9 teams are D1 at U13).  The 08s will be playing several teams that would ordinarily be D2 or D3 or were in Plano or relegated out of D3.

You sure these four teams are playing up in LH?
My understanding is that Texans and FCD are playing up into the  U13 DPL and Solar and Sting are playing up into U13 NPL.  FCD, Texans, and Solar also doing some sort of league with the other 08 Frontier DA teams (Lonestar, Dash, and OE). I think they have all left LH in the rear view mirror.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 13/08/19, 10:29 pm

Two Solar 08's and a Sting 08 are listed in 07 D1

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 14/08/19, 09:00 am

Yo wrote:Two Solar 08's and a Sting 08 are listed in 07 D1

What list are you looking at? If there are 08s in u13, they must have been gifted a spot by an 07 team going elsewhere, and I have not been able to find that list -- who is taking Sting Tatu 07 spot, as they move to ecnl, for example.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 14/08/19, 09:19 am

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:
Yo wrote:Two Solar 08's and a Sting 08 are listed in 07 D1

What list are you looking at? If there are 08s in u13, they must have been gifted a spot by an 07 team going elsewhere, and I have not been able to find that list -- who is taking Sting Tatu 07 spot, as they move to ecnl, for example.

That's exactly what happened.  Texans 08 are up there as well.  

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=74340&Gender=Girls&Age=13

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousCoward 14/08/19, 09:35 am

Guessing here on the U13s, with many a little bit of insight for the bigger clubs:

• Sting D1 (07 Glotzbach (NPL) / 07 Tatu (ECNL)) >>> (07 Webb / 08 Bohannon)
  • Sting D2 (07 Heinz) >>> (07 Cuevas)
  • Texans D1 (07 Salazar (DA) / 07 Diaz (FDL)) >>> (07 Ewing / 08 Scarfone)
  • Texans D2 (07 Mays) >>> (07 Platts)
  • Solar D1 (07 Byars / 07 Kennington (ECNL) / 07 Adames (DPL) / 07 Rundell / 07 Quiroz) >>> (07 Byars / 08 Cavalle / 08 Kennington / 07 Rundell / 07 Quiroz)
  • Solar D2 (07 Katic) >>> (07 Katic)
  • FCD D1 (07 Hjalber (DPL) / 07 TenBrink / 07 Webb) >>> (07 TenBrink / 07 Veasey (nee Webb-B) / 07 Bean)
  • FCD D2 (07 Webb-B / 07 Tallal / 07 Kounas / 07 Bean) >>> (07 Kounas / 07 Tallal / 07 Lopez / 07 Ramirez-Aguirre)
  • Kicks D1 (07 Bones (ECNL)) >>> (07 Vielma/Formacao)
  • Kicks D2 (07 Vielma/Formacao) >>> (07 Vielma/Santos)

The following teams make it into QT in from QT w/o taking a bye:

• Dallas Texans D2 (07 Milosevic)
  • Solar D2 (08 Williams)
  • FCD D2 (07 Bernard / 07 Lopez-Cepero)

I had this a few days ago, and it checks out against what was released.  Italic teams not returning, strike-through-ed teams no longer exist.

Only real head-scratcher is how Tallal didn't get the nod over Bean to go D1.

AnonymousCoward
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 14/08/19, 09:48 am

Ewing from PPL, DKSC Jay from relegation, Sting Webb from non-existance and the 08 teams would all make my head itchy if I were on an existing D2 team.

And in D2, Platts and Ramirez from Plano and Cuevas from who knows didn't have to do the brutal QT. Not a bad deal if you can get it.

No wonder people are fleeing this league in droves.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 14/08/19, 11:46 am

Yo wrote:Ewing from PPL, DKSC Jay from relegation, Sting Webb from non-existance and the 08 teams would all make my head itchy if I were on an existing D2 team.

And in D2, Platts and Ramirez from Plano and Cuevas from who knows didn't have to do the brutal QT. Not a bad deal if you can get it.

They really should do a complete requalifying at u13. But, that would require getting rid of the legacies that the big clubs rely on to stack the league with inferior teams that would never qualify on their own.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 14/08/19, 01:03 pm

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:
Yo wrote:Ewing from PPL, DKSC Jay from relegation, Sting Webb from non-existance and the 08 teams would all make my head itchy if I were on an existing D2 team.

They really should do a complete requalifying at u13. But, that would require getting rid of the legacies that the big clubs rely on to stack the league with inferior teams that would never qualify on their own.

This.
Complete requalification at U13 (after all the teams and players leave for their Regional/National leagues). And don't allow U12 teams that will be leaving the following season to participate. It just creates more chaos and instabity.
Create a new stable pro/rel structure at U13 with teams that plan on seeing it out over multiple years.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 14/08/19, 01:11 pm

So for the U11s D'Feeters Voutier is over playing in the boys league. Most the other top teams are in LH. For the U12s Texans Salazar, Sting Bohanan, Solar West, and Solar Kennington are all leaving the division and playing up to U13 and FCD Gordon has left LH entirely. D1 is now D2.

What a mess. The fracturing that has occurred in the older age groups (DA/ECNL/FDL/NPL/ECRL/etc) has officially trickled all the way down. Dallas is one of two markets in the country (Socal the other) where all this is unnecessary. Yet we seem to be leading the charge.

Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepersBeCrazy 14/08/19, 01:23 pm

timmyh wrote:Create a new stable pro/rel structure at U13 with teams that plan on seeing it out over multiple years.
I don't even know what I'm going to have for dinner the rest of this week and you think the clusterf#@$ that is NTX soccer can create a league that locks down teams for years?

KeepersBeCrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 14/08/19, 01:28 pm

AnonymousCoward wrote:
Solar 08G Cavalle/Richie wins U13, unless, of course, CPP continues to be rampant.

That would surprise me. Solar West were clearly a top 4 team last year, but were well behind Sting/Liverpool and Texans Samba (and probably a coin flip with FCD Red). They apparently lost their best player to 07 DA.  They picked up a few, but not sure they have closed the gap.  My guess is that Texans Salazar are the favorite. They are a bit deeper than Sting and should be a bit better equipped to handle 11v11.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 14/08/19, 01:43 pm

Do we even consider this a league anymore. You got guest players teams playing up purchased bye teams and thrown together teams. I would consider it a high dollar pick up.league at this point.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 14/08/19, 01:50 pm

cenTex wrote:
AnonymousCoward wrote:

That would surprise me. Solar West were clearly a top 4 team last year, but were well behind Sting/Liverpool and Texans Samba (and probably a coin flip with FCD Red). They apparently lost their best player to 07 DA.  They picked up a few, but not sure they have closed the gap.  My guess is that Texans Salazar are the favorite. They are a bit deeper than Sting and should be a bit better equipped to handle 11v11.

Teams change. Lots of impact girls play up at U12. Solar isn't the only one to lose a good player (but Solar is deep enough to compensate). And, she'll still be playing some with the 08s when possible. FCD has one of it's top 08 players with their 07 DA. Texans has a couple 08 girls who will be helping the 07 DA team. Given the apparent state of the Sting 07s, half of their 08s are rumored to be angling to play on their 07 ECNL team. All of that means last year's results aren't necessarily meaningful to the results this coming year.
As they transition into U13-U18, get used to teams changing a lot, even from week to week. The better DOC's are not afraid to sacrifice a few wins for a younger team in order to challenge and develop their better players.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 14/08/19, 02:01 pm

The real.winner from this pick up ball league are the ones not paying for it.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 14/08/19, 04:37 pm

Truthiness wrote:So for the U11s D'Feeters Voutier is over playing in the boys league. Most the other top teams are in LH. For the U12s Texans Salazar, Sting Bohanan, Solar West, and Solar Kennington are all leaving the division and playing up to U13 and FCD Gordon has left LH entirely.  D1 is now D2.

What a mess. The fracturing that has occurred in the older age groups (DA/ECNL/FDL/NPL/ECRL/etc) has officially trickled all the way down.  Dallas is one of two markets in the country (Socal the other) where all this is unnecessary. Yet we seem to be leading the charge.

If everyone stayed in town, they would play better competition for sure, but the parents would not be able to say they had to take their DD to Tulsa for a soccer game this weekend.... That's a big factor. Maybe we could just rename all the soccer facilities after cities in other states. Toyota could be Tulsa. Moneygram could be Houston, etc. Then people could still say "My daughter has a game in Tulsa this weekend"" but without actually traveling -- their coworkers would never know!!

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/19, 08:25 pm

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:
Truthiness wrote:So for the U11s D'Feeters Voutier is over playing in the boys league. Most the other top teams are in LH. For the U12s Texans Salazar, Sting Bohanan, Solar West, and Solar Kennington are all leaving the division and playing up to U13 and FCD Gordon has left LH entirely.  D1 is now D2.

What a mess. The fracturing that has occurred in the older age groups (DA/ECNL/FDL/NPL/ECRL/etc) has officially trickled all the way down.  Dallas is one of two markets in the country (Socal the other) where all this is unnecessary. Yet we seem to be leading the charge.

If everyone stayed in town, they would play better competition for sure, but the parents would not be able to say they had to take their DD to Tulsa for a soccer game this weekend....  That's a big factor.  Maybe we could just rename all the soccer facilities after cities in other states.  Toyota could be Tulsa. Moneygram could be Houston, etc.  Then people could still say "My daughter has a game in Tulsa this weekend"" but without actually traveling -- their coworkers would never know!!

Safe to assume that we’d rename The Pit as “Arkansas”?

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 15/08/19, 07:33 am

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:

If everyone stayed in town, they would play better competition for sure, but the parents would not be able to say they had to take their DD to Tulsa for a soccer game this weekend....  That's a big factor.  Maybe we could just rename all the soccer facilities after cities in other states.  Toyota could be Tulsa. Moneygram could be Houston, etc.  Then people could still say "My daughter has a game in Tulsa this weekend"" but without actually traveling -- their coworkers would never know!!

It's great for the teams in surrounding states! Locally we could have an amazing league that challenges these kids week in/week out but instead we get numerous watered-down leagues. For every challenging match (most likely against a local team) you get a mis-match that doesn't serve any purpose. Even DA and ECNL divisions lack depth as the top players are spread out. It is what it is and I don't see it changing any time soon.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 15/08/19, 08:47 am

Its even worse in the smaller states. There only competition is the traveling pick up play teams. It's really gotten bad. What are these leagues really selling of any value? Thank you very much Texas keep supporting our soccer.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 15/08/19, 08:59 am

In talking to people from Oklahoma they are lucky to get two good games a season in league play. That is why they come down here. Houston has always surprised me. Given its size, it should have multiple good teams.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 15/08/19, 09:20 am

Soccer is dying in the other states. They love to see the Texas teams support their programs. That's their only sales pitch anymore. Roots need dirt not sand to grow.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rudekid1973 15/08/19, 11:12 am

Truthiness wrote:
cenTex wrote:
AnonymousCoward wrote:

Teams change.  Lots of impact girls play up at U12.  Solar isn't the only one to lose a good player (but Solar is deep enough to compensate). And, she'll still be playing some with the 08s when possible.  FCD has one of it's top 08 players with their 07 DA.  Texans has a couple 08 girls who will be helping the 07 DA team.  Given the apparent state of the Sting 07s, half of their 08s are rumored to be angling to play on their 07 ECNL team.  All of that means last year's results aren't necessarily meaningful to the results this coming year.
As they transition into U13-U18, get used to teams changing a lot, even from week to week.  The better DOC's are not afraid to sacrifice a few wins for a younger team in order to challenge and develop their better players.

You are off on the Sting 07 ECNL. They have a full roster and the 08s are not on it.

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousCoward 15/08/19, 11:45 am

rudekid1973 wrote:You are off on the Sting 07 ECNL.  They have a full roster and the 08s are not on it.
I believe she/he/it said "half of their 08s are rumored to be angling to play on their 07 ECNL team" -- not that they made the team.

TBH, there are more than a few of their 08s that are capable of /making/ that team -- but that ship has passed ... unless the old bait-and-switcheroo is used and some of the 07s are told they will only ever play with Kat in LH.

AnonymousCoward
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 16/08/19, 10:32 am

Looks like everyone that paid made it into the league did they hand everyone gold sheared trophies?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next