North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How much is too much celebrating? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

How much is too much celebrating?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much is too much celebrating? Empty How much is too much celebrating?

Post by Lefty 13/06/19, 09:54 am

Sounds like lots of different opinions on the US celebration of goals late in the game.

How would you advise your DD on celebrating the scoring of the 10th+ goal on an overmatched team?

Not questioning if they should have kept scoring, FIFA rules dictate that, only the behavior related to scoring late.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

How much is too much celebrating? Empty Re: How much is too much celebrating?

Post by ProDallas 13/06/19, 10:00 am

For the World Cup, I would advise my dd to keep the hammer down, attack and keep working the game plan as directed by the coach. As for celebration, I would advise her to take Emmitt Smith's approach to scoring, "act like you've been there before."
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 13/06/19, 10:19 am

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 13/06/19, 10:49 am

13 - 0 was being nice they should be glad it wasnt 20 0. If they got beat the same score you would hear a pin drop. A bunch of Liberals cryin if you ask me.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 13/06/19, 11:34 am

ProDallas wrote:For the World Cup, I would advise my dd to keep the hammer down, attack and keep working the game plan as directed by the coach. As for celebration, I would advise her to take Emmitt Smith's approach to scoring, "act like you've been there before."

Agreed.  Score doesn't bother me at all.

But running around after scoring #10 or #11 like your just scored the World Cup winner in double overtime with time expiring?

If your dd's team were playing a team well below their skill level and celebrated like they won the World Cup after notching their 12th goal . . . Rolling Eyes

If you were on the opposing side, I am betting most of you would question whether the opposing team might just lack a little class . . . or humility.

If they didn't have a target on them before, they have sure put one there now.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalTX14 13/06/19, 12:13 pm

I didn't watch this live ... I went home and watched the replay on Fox Sports after reading about all the "drama", news stories, etc... in the afternoon. I tried to remain as objective as possible already knowing the outcome of the match and what so many were up in arms about.

I thought it was a little tacky of the players on the field to be jumping into each others arms and "celebrating" those 10th/11th/12th/13th goals ... but it wasn't nearly as overboard as some people were making it out to be.

What I really didn't like (or what kind of irked me more than anything) was watching the BENCH carrying-on from the sideline the last 2 goals. To me ... that was much more disrespectful than the celebrations on the field.

It's the World Cup ... did Thailand earn the right to get there (yes) ... are they going to be "competitive" by any stretch of the imagination (no) ... Sweden is probably going to put 7-9 past them as well. This type of problem would arise in the Boys U11 Classic League Qualifiers where a #1/#2 would completely decimate an opposing team 18, 19, 20 to nil ... because goal-differential could be the deciding factor Week 1 for the automatic D1 Bye. Maybe .... the answer is limiting the number of Teams into a very competitive tournament if a team doesn't have a realistic chance to defend itself?

ArsenalTX14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by YoQuieroSoccer 13/06/19, 02:11 pm

Same people crying about the goals and celebrations are the same ones that want participation trophies for everyone. GTFO it's the World Cup, biggest stage there is in soccer. Bring your A-game or don't come at all!! Someone please call the Waaam-bulance tell them to bring some french-cries... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
YoQuieroSoccer
YoQuieroSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by President Camacho 13/06/19, 02:24 pm

I wish they had acted like they had been there before.

Question, what was worse by Rapinoe? Scissor kick celebration after goal 9 or her kneeling for the anthem(not this match)?
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxine Waters 13/06/19, 02:49 pm

1) Who says that Rapinoe "kneeling" is bad? The very nature of your question alludes that her kneeling was somehow inherently wrong. She can do jumping jacks during the anthem for all I care. It is her right...how about respecting that? Her choice to protest is the most American of all her Captain duties

2) Agreed, the slide celebration was a bit over the top as the game was already out of hand. Be hapy. Be elated. Keep it to a dull roar.

3) Yo has bumper stickers of his favorite nascar driver, his beer of choice, a browning deer, MAGA, some sort of "my kid beat up your honor student" thing, and a confederate flag pasted all over his jacked up truck. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Maxine Waters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalTX14 13/06/19, 02:51 pm

YoQuieroSoccer wrote:Same people crying about the goals and celebrations are the same ones that want participation trophies for everyone. GTFO it's the World Cup, biggest stage there is in soccer. Bring your A-game or don't come at all!! Someone please call the Waaam-bulance tell them to bring some french-cries... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Whooaaa - pump the brakes there Robbie ... Joe Dirt (here) is "not" inferring that everyone should get a Participation Trophy LOL!!!  Truth be told, I think Participation Trophies are horrendous (but that's just my opinion)

It's the World Cup ... take no prisoners and WIN! ... but ... I think the "general consensus" is that the Celebrations once you take a double-digit lead against a far inferior opponent seemed "slightly obnoxious" to say the least.  I'll give the players a pass for the most part, but it was the Bench doing their little routine that left me scratching my head

Last edited by ArsenalTX14 on 13/06/19, 02:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

ArsenalTX14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 13/06/19, 03:04 pm

The only thing that caught me eye that was disgraceful was.one of the players disrespecting the anthem and what it stands for. Pathetic. Dont spit on the people that paid for Old Glory.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/06/19, 03:35 pm

Megan Rapinoe, SMH....

"I'll never sing the National Anthem again or put my hand on heart"

Then proceeds with over the top celebration on goal #9 against a third world country.

Two things, first, if this was men, you can guarantee a red card would be issued shortly there after along with Rapinoe exiting the field on a stretcher.

Second, since Rapinoe is so against our Country, perhaps she can get citizenship in Thailand and see how much celebrating she does there!!!

That is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 13/06/19, 03:52 pm

I was thinking more on the lines of Siberia.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 13/06/19, 11:54 pm

MARsSPEED wrote:Megan Rapinoe, SMH....

Then proceeds with over the top celebration on goal #9 against a third world country.

Two things, first, if this was men, you can guarantee a red card would be issued shortly there after along with Rapinoe exiting the field on a stretcher.

Second, since Rapinoe is so against our Country, perhaps she can get citizenship in Thailand and see how much celebrating she does there!!!

That is all.

Dude.  MARs.  Bubby ...

Myyy goodness!  The content of your post here ^ couldn't more adequately suit your avatar, so well done there.  

Two things ...

First -- Thailand ... "third world country"?   Laughing  ... Obviously, you're not a golfer.  

Second -- If you come out with "Rapinoe is so against our Country" because she doesn't stand/sing/hand over the heart/whatevs during our national anthem ... well ... ouch.  At least (it appears) you can fish ... sooo you have that goin' for ya ... which is nice.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmic Niner 14/06/19, 12:12 am

I get ze feeling zat Big Ern has spent very much time in Bangcock vit ze ladyboys and zat sort of things.

Cosmic Niner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 14/06/19, 06:31 am

Big Ern wrote:

That is all.

Dude.  MARs.  Bubby ...

Myyy goodness!  The content of your post here ^ couldn't more adequately suit your avatar, so well done there.  

Two things ...

First -- Thailand ... "third world country"?   Laughing  ... Obviously, you're not a golfer.  

Second -- If you come out with "Rapinoe is so against our Country" because she doesn't stand/sing/hand over the heart/whatevs during our national anthem ... well ... ouch.  At least (it appears) you can fish ... sooo you have that goin' for ya ... which is nice.

Mars..And you have been welcomed by, not a village idiot(though we have a few), in BigEgo, but a holier than thou know it all. There is only 1 way...the BigEgo way, otherwise he'll tell you that you are an idiot and feebly attempt to belittle you( in his own 'special' way, such as above). Pay him no mind, we don't. He has been known to disappear at times when direct questions are asked that expose him for what he is. Welcome to our forum.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/06/19, 10:31 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

That is all.

Dude.  MARs.  Bubby ...

Two things ...

Mars..And you have been welcomed by, not a village idiot(though we have a few), in BigEgo, but a holier than thou know it all.  There is only 1 way...the BigEgo way, otherwise he'll tell you that you are an idiot and feebly attempt to belittle you( in his own 'special' way, such as above).  Pay him no mind, we don't.  He has been known to disappear at times when direct questions are asked that expose him for what he is. Welcome to our forum.

Thanks spinner for the fantastically dubious intro!

And this ... "expose him for what he is" ... adorable  Razz

The truth is you can count on zero hands how many times I've not responded directly to an objectively mannered question.  If you have a hankering to waste a bit of time, best of luck digging something up.  And if ya do happen to find something, I'd be happy to oblige.

BTW ... you're doin' a bang up job of paying me "no mind"  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/06/19, 10:39 am

Big Ern wrote:

Dude.  MARs.  Bubby ...

BigE - Ya know a I love ya Bud... but you are nobody's White Knight. Wink

Yippie-ki-yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 14/06/19, 10:53 am

If you are all done 'Pissing on each others shoes' anyone have thoughts on the original question on How YOU would advise YOUR DD on CELEBRATING the 10th+ goal against an overmatched team?

If not, by all means, keep the other discussion flowing.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/06/19, 10:57 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Dude.  MARs.  Bubby ...

BigE - Ya know a I love ya Bud... but you are nobody's White Knight. Wink

Yippie-ki-yay!

Sad  ... Not even the GDA?   Cool

Thanks DTX -- You da' man!

(sorry Lefty)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by President Camacho 14/06/19, 11:06 am

Maxine Waters wrote:1)  Who says that Rapinoe "kneeling" is bad?  The very nature of your question alludes that her kneeling was somehow inherently wrong.  She can do jumping jacks during the anthem for all I care.  It is her right...how about respecting that?  Her choice to protest is the most American of all her Captain duties

2)  Agreed, the slide celebration was a bit over the top as the game was already out of hand.  Be hapy.  Be elated.  Keep it to a dull roar.

3) Yo has bumper stickers of his favorite nascar driver, his beer of choice, a browning deer, MAGA, some sort of "my kid beat up your honor student" thing, and a confederate flag pasted all over his jacked up truck. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
1) Lots of people which is why I posed the question. Hence the responses below your post.
2) All good here
3) No truck here, don't watch NASCAR. I have maybe a beer or two per week. I don't deer hunt and own no browning weapons. I don't own a MAGA hat, My girls are far from bullies (quite the opposite), Don't own a confederate flag.

Lots of assumptions made based on a single question that you read and hear across the interwebs.
She rubs people the wrong way with the no anthem and previous kneeling. You can agree with her or not, but people are still going to have opinions on both sides. Some had an issue with the celebrating. I was curious what people thought was worse. You I'd score for the celebration.

I'd advise to be more careful with assumptions.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/06/19, 11:13 am

Lefty wrote:If you are all done 'Pissing on each others shoes' anyone have thoughts on the original question on How YOU would advise YOUR DD on CELEBRATING the 10th+ goal against an overmatched team?

If not, by all means, keep the other discussion flowing.

I have advised my DD that on every World Cup goal she scores, she should keep it somewhere between Brandi Chastain and the dude in the Geico commercial.

This is getting a bit ridiculous.  Rapinoe (like her or not for her "stance" on the anthem) nailed it on the head...

"Honestly, if anyone wants to come at our team for not doing the right thing, not playing the right way, not being the right ambassador for the sport, they can come at us," Rapinoe said. "I think our only crime was an explosion of joy last night...  if our crime is joy, then we'll take that."

Now, let's go put up double digits against Chile.  Don't know about the rest of you, but I hope Ellis leaves the starting MF intact and keeps Ertz at CB.  If Sauerbrunn is healthy enough, put Dahlkamper on the bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 14/06/19, 11:58 am

Siberia is for communists and anti Americans.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxine Waters 14/06/19, 01:20 pm

"I'd advise to be more careful with assumptions." - LOL

Dearest Camacho, I think you need to work on your reading for comprehension before jumping to conclusions yourself there Sparky.  If you will care to slow down and actually READ again you will note that item #3 was directed at YO; but, you just go ahead with bumping your gums cutie pie... 

As such, I'D advise YOU to mind YOUR own assumptions or else be called to D.C. to appear in front of my Finance Committee. Very Happy

Last edited by Maxine Waters on 14/06/19, 01:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspelled words)

Maxine Waters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by President Camacho 14/06/19, 02:35 pm

Maxine Waters wrote:"I'd advise to be more careful with assumptions." - LOL

Dearest Camacho, I think you need to work on your reading for comprehension before jumping to conclusions yourself there Sparky.  If you will care to slow down and actually READ again you will note that item #3 was directed at YO; but, you just go ahead with bumping your gums cutie pie... 

As such, I'D advise YOU to mind YOUR own assumptions or else be called to D.C. to appear in front of my Finance Committee. Very Happy
Assumed you meant slang for You, Like Yo Truck. Didn't catch it was a shortened screen name. Touche, you got me on an assumption. All good here.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum