North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03B Classic League - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

03B Classic League

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03B Classic League - Page 2 Empty Re: 03B Classic League

Post by Soccer27 09/08/19, 09:06 am

I believe you are correct in the top 3. Just unsure of the order. With the new additions to the teams. I would would put FC premier following closely or tied by Solar Deleon. Then FCD Premier in 3rd. By mid season I am sure FCD will begin to move some of their bench DA players to help FCD premier in all of their leagues that they are playing in.

4–8 you can inner mix any of those teams and you can probably be right.

9-10 I believe everyone will pick those two teams at the bottom.

sprint wrote:Prior to the first game what is the prediction for the end of year finishing order:

1. Solar Deleon
2. FCD Premiere
3. FC Premiere
4. FCD Che
5. Falls Town
6. FCD Borg
7. Solar Donnelly
8. FCD waters
9. Dallas Texans
10. Athletico

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 09/08/19, 06:29 pm

Soccer27 wrote:I believe you are correct in the top 3. Just unsure of the order. With the new additions to the teams. I would would put FC premier following closely or tied by Solar Deleon. Then FCD Premier in 3rd. By mid season I am sure FCD will begin to move some of their bench DA players to help FCD premier in all of their leagues that they are playing in.

4–8 you can inner mix any of those teams and you can probably be right.

9-10 I believe everyone will pick those two teams at the bottom.

sprint wrote:Prior to the first game what is the prediction for the end of year finishing order:

1. Solar Deleon
2. FCD Premiere
3. FC Premiere
4. FCD Che
5. Falls Town
6. FCD Borg
7. Solar Donnelly
8. FCD waters
9. Dallas Texans
10. Athletico

Re: FCD, I’ve known people in their DA for years.  There are always exceptions, but FCD names Full Time Players and Part Time players like all other DAs, and the PTs are typically rostered with Premier (but Che had one last year) and play week in week out with Premier.  There is no concerted effort to bring extra players down at later points in the year to benefit Premier.  Exceptions? Last year there was a CB not getting minutes in DA and asked to move to PT to get games with Premier - was player driven not club driven.  So could exceptions happen again? Sure. But I’ve never heard of a concerted effort to help out Premier - that doesn’t sound like it’s even on the radar, much less a priority.  If anything, some of those PTs get pulled up to FT (this happened with a winger last year).

Not trying to ‘defend poor FCD’ or anything like that, just sharing what I know.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 10/08/19, 04:42 am

My “It’s too early in the season AND too early in the morning to be doing this and getting ready for a 7am game” pre-season top 10.

FC Premier
Deleon
FCD Premier
Che
Waters
Falls Town
Donnelly
Borg
Atletico
Texans

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 10/08/19, 08:37 pm

If I had to pick the thing I wouldn’t have predicted in a million years, it would have been a 4-4 game. Wow.

So not only was my upset special in play today, but I didn’t go far enough.  Congrats Falls Town on a big win in your first D1 game!

Remember when I said in an earlier post that I was concerned about Athletico’s GA last year?  A good D1 offense hangs 6 on them today.  And the Texans appear to be in the trouble we all predicted.

It’s only Week 1 so lots can change, but we’re off and rolling on an exciting season.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 10/08/19, 08:58 pm

Yes , I think no one would had guessed a 4-4 tie between Solar West/FC Premier. Solar west had them at 1-1 at half. I am sure FC Premier will regroup and come out strong next. Their new stud player is the real deal and a difference maker. Solar West might actually be better than a lot of people have given them credit by putting 4 on the strong defense of FC Premier.

FCD premier showed they have not missed a step from competing it’s Nationals by putting 6 goals in. The others are going to have to start putting in Goals. It might just come down to Goal differential.

Anyone have info on FCD waters/borgello game? Did loosing players hurt FCD waters or did borgello improve that much?

What about FCD Che/Falls town. Did fcd che power striker leave to DA making fcd Che just an average team now ?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 10/08/19, 10:58 pm

Waters parent felt like game was pretty even but a couple of breakdowns made the difference in the scoreline. Borgarello parent felt his team looked pretty good, happy with the rebuilt roster.

Per an FCD Premier source, they picked up a couple of starters from Che, and that plus the DA departure may take some time to replace.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 11/08/19, 05:17 pm

Well week 1 now in the books.

In D1, Falls Town over Che was i think was only a slight surprise, as both will battle for the #4 and #5 spots.  The real surprise was FC Premier.  If they want to be #3, then they need to get better results, otherwise they end up #5 at best, and both Falls Town and Che finish ahead of them.  Deleon and FCD Premier as predicted appear to be the clear #1 and #2 in the division.  

In D2, Real GP and Sporting appear to be the ones coming out with guns blazing, both with 3-0 wins over opponents. It will be interesting to see how Titans, Spurs and Roma do against them, as all 3 logged in wins as well.  

In D3, Dallas Kicks and FCD Central White look strong, as well as FCD ETX.

Ok, who has got predictions for week 2?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 11/08/19, 09:26 pm

Not surprised by the 6 goals scored by FCDP but slightly surprised by the 2 Atletico goals. Che/Falls Town could have gone either way any given day I think. Borg/Waters, based on previous post, was probably a good match for both to start the season and see what they have to work with. FC Premier/Solar West match was very physical. It was tied 1-1 at half. Then FC Premier came out blazing to a 3-1 lead. With between 30-35 minutes left in the match, FC Premier player received a red card. Solar capitalized on a 10 man FC Premier lineup and FCP couldn’t keep the lead. Lucky to have escaped with 1 point. But give credit to Solar West. Scrappy and didn’t quit. Parents and players alike felt like it was a win. They carried that momentum to the Premier Cup and won the tournament. Will they keep that momentum when they lose their big striker to DA? This will be a fun year for sure.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 12/08/19, 10:58 am

winkipop77 wrote:Well week 1 now in the books.

In D1, Falls Town over Che was i think was only a slight surprise, as both will battle for the #4 and #5 spots.  The real surprise was FC Premier.  If they want to be #3, then they need to get better results, otherwise they end up #5 at best, and both Falls Town and Che finish ahead of them.  Deleon and FCD Premier as predicted appear to be the clear #1 and #2 in the division.  

In D2, Real GP and Sporting appear to be the ones coming out with guns blazing, both with 3-0 wins over opponents. It will be interesting to see how Titans, Spurs and Roma do against them, as all 3 logged in wins as well.  

In D3, Dallas Kicks and FCD Central White look strong, as well as FCD ETX.

Ok, who has got predictions for week 2?

Ask and ye shall receive - here is the Longview Probably-Wrong View for MatchDay 2:

SUNDAY AUG 18
Falls Town (Smith)   2-1   Solar Donnelly

The draw with FCP and the Solar Premier Cup win has wind in the Donnelly sails, and I almost picked a draw here as well. I'm interested in this one - can Donnelly keep a nice run going? Does Falls Town slip up after a big win on MatchDay 1? Someone is going to legitimize their week 1 result -- I'll say the boys from Wichita Falls win a very close match and further show their top-half-of-the-table intentions.

TUESDAY AUG 20
FCD Borgarello   1-0   Dallas Texans (Stavrou)

Another interesting game for both teams.  Borgarello can jump out to 6 points from 6 by taking care of business here, but will they be able to break down the Texans the way DeLeon did?  And if the Texans don't at least play well here, do they start sweating where any points are going to come from this year? I'll say the Borg boys handle the Texans' pressure and find the winner off of a set piece scramble.

FCD Central (Waters)   2-3   Athletico FW (Gonzalez)
Yet another interesting one.  Waters came up short against Borgarello in Week 1, but was that settling in or an indication of league hierarchy?  And Athletico was welcomed to D1 with a half-dozen from FCDP (heard it could have been more), but did find the onion bag twice themselves.  I'm going out on a limb and picking an upset - Athletico catches Waters while they are still settling in, and get their first D1 win off a late winner in a back and forth match.

WEDNESDAY AUG 21
FCD West (Che)   1-2   Solar DeLeon

The MatchDay 2 Frontier League games send these teams right to the deep end of the pool, so no rest for the Che boys -- they have tough matchups in Weeks 1 and 2, and unfortunately dig themselves a hole in the table.  A strengthened DeLeon keeps rolling, and dominates the game more than the scoreline shows - a spirited effort from the Che back line keeps it close to the end.

FC Premier E'too (Opoku)   2-3   FCD Premier (Oancea)  
Slightly better but similar story as Che for FCP -- missed opportunity in Week 1 followed up by a heavyweight slugfest in Week 2.  FCP finds the back of the net, but FCDP is not quite ready to relinquish their top spot from last year.  Very physical, very competitive match. (Also, I see the Week 1 red card was on #9, who will miss this match - I'm blanking on who that is and how impactful that will be to the FCP attack.)

There you go - one person's roll of the dice. I don't call it the Longview Probably-Wrong View for nothing...

No injuries, good weather, and competent/engaged referees for all!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 12/08/19, 01:15 pm

Longview...Athletico over Waters is a gutsy call considering that Waters D3 team recently defeated Atletico in the DT Summer Classic. Are you just feeling lucky...or think that Waters D1 will not fare as well as the D3 version?

Everything else looks predictable (which of course means its not, right?)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 12/08/19, 01:51 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Longview...Athletico over Waters is a gutsy call considering that Waters D3 team recently defeated Atletico in the DT Summer Classic.  Are you just feeling lucky...or think that Waters D1 will not fare as well as the D3 version?

Everything else looks predictable (which of course means its not, right?)

Picking chalk in every game wouldn’t be any fun - who remembers Solar Sawyer drawing with FCDP early last year, and look where each ended up.

Anything to get the boards active, one way or another!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 19/08/19, 06:31 pm

Missed predicting Falls Town/Solar Donnelly but I would have gone with the draw honestly.

Borg over Texans
Waters over Atletico
Deleon over Che
FC Premier over FCDP

Wednesday will be fun as two heavyweight matches going on that will show separation if it goes one way (Solar and FCDP winning) or keep everyone on their toes if it goes the other way (FC Premier and Che walking away with 3 points).

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 19/08/19, 07:51 pm

Meanwhile in D2 over the weekend, Solar Williams appears to be taking the elevator straight down to D3 in a hurry. A 9-1 pounding from Dallas Roma (7-0 in 1st half alone) after a 3-0 beating the week prior from Real GP.

Elsewhere, Real GP handed Sporting a 3-0 loss, which was unexpected, and there appears to be a great divide with the GD of all other games being at least 3 goals.

It will be interesting to see if Falls Town can continue its trajectory in D1, they appear to be off to a good start.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 19/08/19, 09:43 pm

I don’t think the 3-0 win by Real GP was unexpected. Sporting is going to start feeling the loss of their key players from the 03 team (see also the 01 Sporting results in Frontier Conference which they would player pass those 03s to as well). They still have some talent, but I predict 5th-7th for them. Real GP to win D2 with Roma and Titans fighting for 2nd.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 20/08/19, 06:19 pm

Falls Town is a good team. They are skilled and play high pressure. But they are a first half team. With low numbers on the bench they struggle in the second half with keeping up the tempo. They will play kicking the ball the parking lot in the second half to waste time. They have a coach who will tell opposing players to shut up. They will do well this season and deserve to be in first division.

I wonder how these teams with Rosters of 21 like Deleon playing in Premier league tell parents and kids that they aren’t the top 18 so they will sit out this game. I’m sure parents and players are figuring out that all the money they are paying just to sit on the bench on a top team.

Muc03b wrote:Missed predicting Falls Town/Solar Donnelly but I would have gone with the draw honestly.

Borg over Texans
Waters over Atletico
Deleon over Che
FC Premier over FCDP

Wednesday will be fun as two heavyweight matches going on that will show separation if it goes one way (Solar and FCDP winning) or keep everyone on their toes if it goes the other way (FC Premier and Che walking away with 3 points).

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 20/08/19, 07:31 pm

Soccer27 wrote:Falls Town is a good team. They are skilled and play high pressure. But they are a first half team. With low numbers on the bench they struggle in the second half with keeping up the tempo. They will play kicking the ball the parking lot in the second half to waste time. They have a coach who will tell opposing players to shut up. They will do well this season and deserve to be in first division.

I wonder how these teams with Rosters of 21 like Deleon playing in Premier league tell parents and kids that they aren’t the top 18 so they will sit out this game. I’m sure parents and players are figuring out that all the money they are paying just to sit on the bench on a top team.

Muc03b wrote:Missed predicting Falls Town/Solar Donnelly but I would have gone with the draw honestly.

Borg over Texans
Waters over Atletico
Deleon over Che
FC Premier over FCDP

I had heard this changed for Frontier League this year.  Just went and checked the website and it is true - game day rosters for Frontier League can be up to 22.

If those large rosters see a few kids not play much/at all, that stinks for them and their development.  If you use that large roster to run the other team to death (sounds like Falls Town might be susceptible to this), it’s another weapon to use.  Personally I hate that - with the 7 subs per half plus halftime, teams can make 25 substitutions per game.  Would be nice to see more games won between the ears than with the lungs and legs, but I digress...

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 20/08/19, 08:32 pm

Is the substitution still the same as last year In frontier league that once you are subbed out there is no return and you only get 7 subs per game ? Now that is where coaches have to decide which kids will get subbed. Many times the coach will sub field players and not keepers leaving one keeper on the bench full time during FL games. A lot of those parents pay a lot of money for fees and travel just to be in the best time to sit on the bench.

Longview wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:Falls Town is a good team. They are skilled and play high pressure. But they are a first half team. With low numbers on the bench they struggle in the second half with keeping up the tempo. They will play kicking the ball the parking lot in the second half to waste time. They have a coach who will tell opposing players to shut up. They will do well this season and deserve to be in first division.

Borg over Texans
Waters over Atletico
Deleon over Che
FC Premier over FCDP

I had heard this changed for Frontier League this year.  Just went and checked the website and it is true - game day rosters for Frontier League can be up to 22.

If those large rosters see a few kids not play much/at all, that stinks for them and their development.  If you use that large roster to run the other team to death (sounds like Falls Town might be susceptible to this), it’s another weapon to use.  Personally I hate that - with the 7 subs per half plus halftime, teams can make 25 substitutions per game.  Would be nice to see more games won between the ears than with the lungs and legs, but I digress...

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 20/08/19, 08:40 pm

I just looked again - 7 subs per half, same rules as CL.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 20/08/19, 09:25 pm

I just looked and it says 18 on game day roster.

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/1/6/2019-20_cop_-_frontier.pdf

Section 3.03

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 20/08/19, 10:56 pm

Muc03b wrote:I just looked and it says 18 on game day roster.

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/1/6/2019-20_cop_-_frontier.pdf

Section 3.03

I was looking at the first doc posted under Rules (17.03 in that doc), you were looking at the second - weird that these are different. Yours is dated more recently and is specific to Frontier League, so you may be right.

Can anyone answer if any of the Frontier League teams played more than 18 kids this past weekend?

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 20/08/19, 11:25 pm

18 or less with the ones I was involved with.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 22/08/19, 08:59 am

Two close matches last night - looks like we're in for a very competitive season!

On to the Match Day 3 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

Athletico FW (Gonzalez)   2-3   Solar Donnelly
I almost hit on that Athletico upset last week, but can’t make the same call here. Have a feeling this will be an entertaining match.  Athletico will surprise early on, but Donnelly will settle down and grind out a win.  

FCD Premier (Oancea)   5-1   Dallas Texans (Stavrou)
Stavrou is a good coach and will get everything he can out of this team, but not sure that will be enough this year.  FCDP will have too much for them on the day and pile on the offense, but give up a consolation goal late.

Falls Town (Smith)   1-2   Solar DeLeon
After last night's result, this one just became more interesting.  On one hand, welcome to Expectationsville, Falls Town - they have done an excellent job coming into the league and performing, but can they make the leap and cement themselves as a top-of-the-table threat? And no way DeLeon would have thought they'd be at risk to start 1W-2L with the only win against a relegation candidate.  I'm going to say a motivated DeLeon ramps up the pace and pressure and holds on for a hard-earned win.

FC Premier E'too (Opoku)   2-1   FCD Borgarello
Wanted to pick a draw here as the Borg boys have often played FCP tough in the past, but I’ll stick with chalk.  FCP will be highly motivated and get the necessary breakthroughs against the stubborn Borgarello defense, picking up their first win of the season.

FCD West (Che)   2-0   FCD Central (Waters)
What a difference 24 hours makes - Che reminded everyone of their capability by knocking off DeLeon, and should get a second win here on the gallop.  Central is not in a good place – with FC Premier and Falls Town on the horizon, they could be looking at 1 point from their first 5 matches, and will be rooting for Athletico and Texans to stay in their neighborhood in the table while they get things figured out.

There you go - one person's roll of the dice. I don't call it the Longview Probably-Wrong View for nothing...

No injuries, good weather, and competent/engaged referees for all!

(By the way, I’m going to really try to get picks in each week.  At the end of the fall season, I’m going to go back and compile my predicted table and compare to the actual table and see how bad I am at this!)

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b 22/08/19, 12:29 pm

Well, after completely striking out this week, let's hope for better results this time around for my predictions...

Solar Donnelly over Atletico
FCD Premier over Texans
Deleon and Falls Town with the draw
FC Premier over Borgarello
Che and Waters draw

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview 26/08/19, 09:39 am

More indications over the weekend that CL D1 is going to be very competitive.  A few takeaways:

1 - Is Solar Donnelly the soccer reincarnation of late 80s Loyola Marymount basketball? No shortage of goals (for and against) in their games so far. Memo to self: start predicting higher scores in their games.

2 - Cash your ticket if you had FCD Borgarello as one of the final two unbeaten teams in the table. Great start for those boys.

3 - Didn't see Solar DeLeon hanging 5 on Falls Town. The bear was evidently poked by Che West the prior week.

Expect a MatchDay 4 Longview Totally-Wrong View sometime next week. In the meantime, good luck to teams playing in the PLD tournament this coming weekend!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 26/08/19, 12:47 pm

Competitive only because I sense the talent in D1 is "watered down", and perhaps more evenly distributed. Is this possible? It appears there may only be 2 teams, instead of 3 or 4 that are a cut above everybody else in CL (top D2 and D3 teams included) as I originally thought.

I too was surprised to see such a spread in the DeLeon/Falls Town match. FC Premier appears to not be as strong this year, at least not on paper, is this true? Also, it appears Athletico, as predicted, is going to have a rough time, as perhaps is the only remaining DT team left in U17 D1. What are the chances of a "Texans Free" U18 D1 next year?

Not sure why any top teams would play in the PLD this weekend. Whats really to gain at this age except bragging rights that you played and potentially beat a field of that did not consist of the top teams in NTX? I only see 2 D1 teams on the accepted teams list, and I think 4 D2 teams. Is this correct? Still will be interesting to see if DeLeon wins it (as they should) and represents NTX well. Borg would be a long shot, either Real GP or Titan Meredith having equal chance. Thoughts?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 26/08/19, 03:45 pm

I was shocked this weekend also with the goal differential in the Deleon game. Their offense is always a hit or miss. They scored big the first game, couldn’t score against Che and scored bit on Falls Town. They always have had trouble scoring when they need to.

FC premier with another tie. That was a shocker to me also. I had placed them in the top 2 teams. They have a good team with a lot of players who can score.

Solar Donnely putting up 6. It showed that they have a lot of scorers as not one goal was by the same player. Once Solar Donnely tighten up their defense you can expect more wins to come their way.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next