North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FC DALLAS DPL Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

FC DALLAS DPL

Go down

FC DALLAS DPL Empty FC DALLAS DPL

Post by Amused 30/09/19, 09:46 am

Did anyone catch the game this weekend between the two FC Dallas DPL teams? I was surprised to see the Premier team come away with a 3-2 win.

Amused
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

FC DALLAS DPL Empty Re: FC DALLAS DPL

Post by terps37 30/09/19, 10:56 am

Why would you be surprised?
terps37
terps37
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amused 30/09/19, 11:00 am

Was that not formerly the ECNL team? Doesn't FCD have them as the #1 DPL team?

Amused
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by terps37 30/09/19, 11:10 am

I don't think that the Premier team used to be the ECNL team. They current DPL team used to be the ECNL team. Maybe it was coaching, maybe it was better players, maybe overall the Premier team is just better then the DPL team.
terps37
terps37
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/09/19, 02:34 pm

Amused is correct -- The DPL1 team is last year's ECNL side.  The DPL2 team is FCD Premier (Baker) from last year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 01/10/19, 12:48 pm

I don't get the significance of a 1 goal victory in a game with 2 teams who are exactly .500 in every way playing in another new meh league that is completely off the radar of everyone....including DA.

I can't imagine a clearer and obvious cash grab for clubs sitting right in front of you...oh right, almost forgot...its called ECRL

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by terps37 01/10/19, 01:04 pm

Select Soccer in North Texas is always about money. That will never change.
terps37
terps37
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 01/10/19, 01:09 pm

Brian Griffins BFF wrote:I don't get the significance of a 1 goal victory in a game with 2 teams who are exactly .500 in every way playing in another new meh league that is completely off the radar of everyone....including DA.  

I can't imagine a clearer and obvious cash grab for clubs sitting right in front of you...oh right, almost forgot...its called ECRL

Not sure BFF if ya care to "get" it, but I'll try to shed some light --

Sure ... This isn't of much "significance" for most, but it was a big deal to those kids and coach that felt slighted that they were automatically placed as the 2nd team behind the other without any previous head to head, coupled with refusal of the club to allow the kids to be placed in group training for tryouts to form a clear #1 and #2 in preseason.  As (I'd hope) you can imagine, defeating the "#1" team was significant to them.

As for your "cash grab for the clubs" reference ... (one would think you'd know this but if not) The parents of those kids playing in DPL are paying the same amount to the club as the bunches playing in LHGCL or PPL D3.  The same can be said for parents of ECRL kids over at Sting and DFeet.

That ^, and I'd also be leary of referring to the "completely off the radar of everyone" spew and/or assuming you know anything at all about what or what not the USSDA folks are paying mind to ... just sayin' Cool

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy 01/10/19, 02:01 pm

Brian Griffins BFF wrote:I don't get the significance of a 1 goal victory in a game with 2 teams who are exactly .500 in every way playing in another new meh league that is completely off the radar of everyone....including DA.  

I don't see it much as a cash grab as I see coaches running to new or less competitive leagues that they can sell to their parents as the next great thing. LH is not what it used to be and most parents know that. Most parents also know where Plano stands. Now when ECRL, DPL or NPL came along and I am sure there are others, coaches seem to run with their LH D1 or D2 teams here to come out as close to the top as possible and to market it as a division of ECNL or DA. Nobody of significance is watching your ECRL or DPL game. Nobody of significance is watching my LH game, but I am not leaving DFW to play teams that should be in the Plano league when I can do that in my own backyard. Some trophy hunt at tournaments and some trophy hunt in these sub-par leagues

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 01/10/19, 02:09 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Sure ... This isn't of much "significance" for most, but it was a big deal to those kids and coach that felt slighted that they were automatically placed as the 2nd team behind the other without any previous head to head, coupled with refusal of the club to allow the kids to be placed in group training for tryouts to form a clear #1 and #2 in preseason.  As (I'd hope) you can imagine, defeating the "#1" team was significant to them.

As for your "cash grab for the clubs" reference ... (one would think you'd know this but if not) The parents of those kids playing in DPL are paying the same amount to the club as the bunches playing in LHGCL or PPL D3.  The same can be said for parents of ECRL kids over at Sting and DFeet.

That ^, and I'd also be leary of referring to the "completely off the radar of everyone" spew and/or assuming you know anything at all about what or what not the USSDA folks are paying mind to ... just sayin' Cool

Speaking of light, yours seems to be on the low end...
My guess is FCD thought like most logical people and said we don't care who is #1 or #2 going into the season because...doesn't it kinda take care of itself if they play in the same league???

Did you buy your pom poms for USSDA on Amazon or did you make them yourself???

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 01/10/19, 02:42 pm

Brian Griffins BFF wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

My guess is FCD thought like most logical people and said we don't care who is #1 or #2 going into the season because...doesn't it kinda take care of itself if they play in the same league???

Absolutely adore this BFF!!!  Your blather couldn't more accurately depict your deficiency of knowledge of the situation in question.

But not as much as this feeble attempt at being clever.  Speaking of light (Wink)  ... How 'bout you share where in any of the posts in this thread I mentioned something that would depict me as one that would have "pom poms for USSDA"?  

Thanks bub.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 01/10/19, 10:55 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Brian Griffins BFF wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Absolutely adore this BFF!!!  Your blather couldn't more accurately depict your deficiency of knowledge of the situation in question.

But not as much as this feeble attempt at being clever.  Speaking of light (Wink)  ... How 'bout you share where in any of the posts in this thread I mentioned something that would depict me as one that would have "pom poms for USSDA"?  

Thanks bub.

No one has said the word adore this century....the next time A person visits a DPL game I'll tell em to look for you...the person sitting on the sidelines knitting sweaters, wearing your readers and listening to the fireside chats on the chatter box...its possible I could be off on my description so keep an eye out for anyone that looks lost searching for the elusive DPL game.

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 01/10/19, 11:43 pm

This ^ is how you chose to respond BFF?  Uhhh ... Yikes  Shocked ...

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 02/10/19, 11:37 am

Anybody know where to find the details and schedule for next weekend's DPL showcase?

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 02/10/19, 12:34 pm

timmyh wrote:Anybody know where to find the details and schedule for next weekend's DPL showcase?

Had a brief conversation with UTD field director other day about this new event....He's got plenty of time on his hands these days with the lack of rain and no parking lot carnivals this year.

He mentioned reducing each half to 15 minutes. It would be like the little ones that play during timeouts at Mavs games. They'll play during water breaks and halftime of LHGCL games.
ECRL games will be played while LHGCL teams are warming up....parent volunteers are refs

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 03/10/19, 03:06 pm

1) Lake highlands gets worse by the year
2) it’s a shame the clubs or any sanctioning body sees any value whatsoever in having a league separated by a multi-hour car drive. I can assure you Sting, Feet, Texans, Solar offer the same if not better competition than Lonestar or whatever Austin/Houston club. Whether it’s a money grab or not is irrelevant. The only thing the league accomplishes above and beyond a regular match is the parents shelling out hundreds/thousands in travel.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 03/10/19, 08:01 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:1) Lake highlands gets worse by the year
2) it’s a shame the clubs or any sanctioning body sees any value whatsoever in having a league separated by a multi-hour car drive.  I can assure you Sting, Feet, Texans, Solar offer the same if not better competition than Lonestar or whatever Austin/Houston club.  Whether it’s a money grab or not is irrelevant.  The only thing the league accomplishes above and beyond a regular match is  the parents shelling out hundreds/thousands in travel.  

You're spot on...see this year's additions to the lower divisions of LHGCL. Its understandable when that DA/ECNL golden carrot is dangling in front of the parents...who is going to say no thank you to travel in those leagues?
The bigger issue is these separate leagues that used to be second fiddle to LHGCL or didn't exist at all. That's where its comical in that parents took the golden carrot bait from the clubs in thinking college scouts will be attending games in a league the've never heard of. All of the talent in the area is still here it's just spread thin so LHGCL teams don't appear as strong because of the lack of depth.
HSO....I can guarantee you the top half of each age group would finish middle of pack or higher in DPL/ECRL and hold their own in ECNL/DA.

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 03/10/19, 08:34 pm

Not sure I would go top half given some of the better teams left LH and it’s expanded to 15-20 teams. Top 2 or 3, no question. But, those teams are stuck playing crap quality for an entire year.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if every player outside of DA was required to play LH or its equivalent?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 05/10/19, 09:33 am

What I mean by top half is specifically D1 and from there remove the teams that will get relegated next year so basically top 5+/- depending on the age group, which is similar to what it was before all this regional crap started.

The entertainment level would be off the charts if you could get all the crazy, D-bag parents back in the same league! Warm ups would be worth sitting around watching again.

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 05/10/19, 12:42 pm

Brian Griffins BFF wrote:What I mean by top half is specifically D1 and from there remove the teams that will get relegated next year so basically top 5+/- depending on the age group, which is similar to what it was before all this regional crap started.  

The entertainment level would be off the charts if you could get all the crazy, D-bag parents back in the same league!  Warm ups would be worth sitting around watching again.

The 05's is the only age group where this is even remotely true.

The current top 5 in other age groups are filled with D2, D3 and newly-formed teams.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down