North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Solar ‘05 Girls West ( D2 )Today at 10:28 pmfreebird
Covid-19 reduced feesToday at 09:21 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Solar 07 FDL OpportunityToday at 05:43 pmFMSolar
TX Spirit 06 Bewley looking for strong offensive playerToday at 04:47 pmtexasspirit06
ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference Today at 03:08 pmsoccermomof_3
Solar Select Kit (Youth Large) #19Today at 01:01 pmpsrtx
Solar 04G Ancheta LHGCL D2 (Guest Play: July 17-19)Today at 11:32 amSolar 04G Ancheta
08b Blackhawks - Looking for Keeper/Field PlayerToday at 10:00 ampkcsoccer
07g Blackhawks - Looking for PlayersToday at 09:49 ampkcsoccer
05g Blackhawks LHGCL DII - Looking for Field Player/KeeperToday at 09:38 ampkcsoccer
02/03 Blackhawks - Classic DII/College ShowcaseToday at 09:30 ampkcsoccer
02 Blackhawks - Classic DII/College ShowcaseToday at 09:09 ampkcsoccer
Tx Spurs 2006 Girls- Looking for 1-2 more playersYesterday at 08:40 pmsoccercoach21
DKSC 08’s (happy 4th)Yesterday at 05:37 pmDKSC_ECNL
Solar 05 ECNL - NTX Division Looking for A Few PlayersYesterday at 05:30 pmCheckpoint Charlie
D'Feeters DKSC 2011G - 9V9Yesterday at 03:28 pmCoachRE
BVB South GirlsYesterday at 09:06 amsouthside19
DKSC 06G Aranha - LHGCL-D2 & RPLYesterday at 08:57 amDKSCJA
2018-2019 DA and ECNL Teams02/07/20, 11:41 pmCheckpoint Charlie
FRIENDLY02/07/20, 11:17 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Frisco Fusion 06G - Only Couple Spots Remain02/07/20, 10:59 pmGazza
Frisco Fusion - looking forward full time Goalie 02/07/20, 10:52 pmGazza
DKSC 10B Talavera02/07/20, 10:50 pmsoccermania1988
DKSC 09B Talavera - Looking to add Players02/07/20, 10:41 pmsoccermania1988
DKSC 05 FDL Rivera02/07/20, 09:52 pmDKSC SOUTH
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14425 registered users
The newest registered user is mwash12345

Our users have posted a total of 199212 messages in 29088 subjects

LHGCL Fall Season

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by smugrr on 20/11/19, 02:17 pm

Is the Solar "Pre-Elite" in this weeks tournament the Solar super team? And whatever happened to the supersecret tournament among certain Girls Classic teams where two super-Solar teams were playing?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by ProDallas on 20/11/19, 02:31 pm

smugrr wrote:Is the Solar "Pre-Elite" in this weeks tournament the Solar super team? And whatever happened to the supersecret tournament among certain Girls Classic teams where two super-Solar teams were playing?

The other two, we'll call them hybrid Solar teams, seem to be playing at the Dallas Texans Fall Festival. See here: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=74573&GroupID=876508&Gender=Girls&Age=11
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 237
Points : 1739
Join date : 2016-10-12
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by smugrr on 20/11/19, 02:40 pm

So is "pre-elite" a super team or not? Or are the two teams in the fall festival, boost and ultra, super teams?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Points : 1567
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by ProDallas on 20/11/19, 02:46 pm

smugrr wrote:So is "pre-elite" a super team or not? Or are the two teams in the fall festival, boost and ultra, super teams?

Someone from one of those teams will have to verify. But, looking at gotsoccer, Colvin is listed as the coach for all three. Not sure how that works with three teams in two different tourneys, so safe to assume a few other coaches are likely in the mix. Like, maybe Grado and Angelone. But, I am only guessing.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 237
Points : 1739
Join date : 2016-10-12
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by smugrr on 20/11/19, 02:58 pm

And they have no record?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Points : 1567
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by cenTex on 20/11/19, 05:22 pm

I understand the two Pre-DA brackets in the Fall Festival tournament this weekend is the first in a series of three this year where the five Texas DA clubs plus OK Energy are all putting together their top U12s and U11s together and playing. Some clubs (like Lonestar) have already consolidated their top players together onto "regular" teams, but some (like Solar and Dash) have not and are using this weekend to consolidate girls from multiple "regular" teams onto consolidated teams (like Boost and Ultra).

So the results aren't all that important as the "teams" are in wildly different stages of formation, but it should make for top notch competition, player development, and player evaluations as the kids start ramping up for U13 and full DA/DPL.

cenTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 99
Points : 1164
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by nTxsoccRfan on 20/11/19, 08:26 pm

Is that also the case for this Solar Pre-Elite team? So, Solar will have 3 Super teams?
nTxsoccRfan
nTxsoccRfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 113
Points : 1052
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by TXyankee on 20/11/19, 08:56 pm

Anybody know why Solar South girls are not included on these "super teams" ??  Allot of talent on that squad. One would think they would be included

TXyankee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 450
Join date : 2019-05-08

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by ProphAC on 20/11/19, 08:57 pm

I wouldn’t read in to it too much for this upcoming weekend. The rosters are extremely fluid and experimental. This isn’t a 3 super team situation. The process takes patience.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 1903
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 on 20/11/19, 09:03 pm

Solar South already is a super team. They chose to not participate as a team.

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 124
Points : 1180
Join date : 2017-11-29

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by MBros22 on 20/11/19, 09:04 pm

The team playing in League Challenge are girls that were not picked for Boost or Ultra that still wanted to play this weekend...

MBros22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 883
Join date : 2018-02-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Checkthesource on 20/11/19, 09:14 pm

MBros22 wrote:The team playing in League Challenge are girls that were not picked for Boost or Ultra that still wanted to play this weekend...

It’s all a crapshoot but this team may be able to win it and get the automatic bid, a lot of great players

Checkthesource
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 543
Join date : 2019-02-18

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Cerv1973 on 20/11/19, 09:31 pm

Like I tell our girls, “look over there, do you see any of those girls wearing a cape? No? Then I bet they can’t fly either so let’s take it to them.”

Cerv1973
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1223
Join date : 2017-10-31

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Checkthesource on 20/11/19, 09:37 pm

Cerv1973 wrote:Like I tell our girls, “look over there, do you see any of those girls wearing a cape? No? Then I bet they can’t fly either so let’s take it to them.”

I like it Cerv and my comment still applies, good luck to your team as well

Checkthesource
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 543
Join date : 2019-02-18

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Cerv1973 on 20/11/19, 09:46 pm

Thanks! Same to you buddy.

Cerv1973
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1223
Join date : 2017-10-31

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by MBros22 on 20/11/19, 10:26 pm

Checkthesource wrote:
MBros22 wrote:The team playing in League Challenge are girls that were not picked for Boost or Ultra that still wanted to play this weekend...

It’s all a crapshoot but this team may be able to win it and get the automatic bid, a lot of great players

Agreed! I hope they do great!!

MBros22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 883
Join date : 2018-02-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by nTxsoccRfan on 20/11/19, 11:05 pm

MBros22 wrote:
Checkthesource wrote:
MBros22 wrote:The team playing in League Challenge are girls that were not picked for Boost or Ultra that still wanted to play this weekend...

It’s all a crapshoot but this team may be able to win it and get the automatic bid, a lot of great players

Agreed! I hope they do great!!

Someone pointed out before that team tryouts might be quite interesting in the summer. If this is the case @MBros22 and some really good players were left out and given the League Challenge as a consolation prize, Solar might risk loosing some extremely talented players. Other clubs will be able to reap the benefits and get some unicorns.
nTxsoccRfan
nTxsoccRfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 113
Points : 1052
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by smugrr on 21/11/19, 09:47 am

Especially since Bones and Voutier are playing up into '08.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Points : 1567
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by melashbrew on 21/11/19, 09:58 am

I wouldn’t read too much into the 3 teams either. It seems like it is just a supply and demand issue. There are so many “top level” teams filled with high level players at Solar, that I’m sure it’s impossible to place everyone identified at each SRSA event. I’d guess that’s why they rotate people in and out and experiment with the rosters. These teams do not define individual players playing this weekend and those not playing at all for that matter.

SRSA or not, talented players will come and go from all teams/clubs during open season. That’s just the nature of the competitive soccer beast.

melashbrew
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 115
Points : 1534
Join date : 2016-12-14

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by smugrr on 21/11/19, 10:08 am

Is all of this allowed because this is a US Club soccer event?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Points : 1567
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by timmyh on 21/11/19, 11:47 am

nTxsoccRfan wrote:
MBros22 wrote:
Checkthesource wrote:
MBros22 wrote:The team playing in League Challenge are girls that were not picked for Boost or Ultra that still wanted to play this weekend...

It’s all a crapshoot but this team may be able to win it and get the automatic bid, a lot of great players

Agreed! I hope they do great!!

Someone pointed out before that team tryouts might be quite interesting in the summer.  If this is the case @MBros22 and some really good players were left out and given the League Challenge as a consolation prize, Solar might risk loosing some extremely talented players. Other clubs will be able to reap the benefits and get some unicorns.

Why in the world would an "extremely talented unicorn" who plays on an excellent team that is helping fulfill her development decide to leave that team because she didn't make some supplemental club all-star team that was thrown together for a few U11 tournaments?  
That seems pretty short-sighted and petty.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 330
Points : 2166
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by KeepersBeCrazy on 21/11/19, 11:52 am

timmyh wrote:That seems pretty short-sighted and petty.
Hi, you must be new here.  Welcome to the North Texas soccer community.

(btw, I'm not saying you're wrong...just short sighted pettiness ruins a lot of things)

KeepersBeCrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 796
Join date : 2018-08-23

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Truthiness on 21/11/19, 12:06 pm

timmyh wrote:
nTxsoccRfan wrote:
MBros22 wrote:
Checkthesource wrote:
MBros22 wrote:The team playing in League Challenge are girls that were not picked for Boost or Ultra that still wanted to play this weekend...

It’s all a crapshoot but this team may be able to win it and get the automatic bid, a lot of great players

Agreed! I hope they do great!!

Someone pointed out before that team tryouts might be quite interesting in the summer.  If this is the case @MBros22 and some really good players were left out and given the League Challenge as a consolation prize, Solar might risk loosing some extremely talented players. Other clubs will be able to reap the benefits and get some unicorns.

Why in the world would an "extremely talented unicorn" who plays on an excellent team that is helping fulfill her development decide to leave that team because she didn't make some supplemental club all-star team that was thrown together for a few U11 tournaments?  
That seems pretty short-sighted and petty.

Spot on, Tim. At U11, if you made it, have fun and keep working hard. If you didn’t make it, don’t sweat it and keep working hard. This matters little in the grand scheme of things.

At U12, I imagine this is the beginning stages of evaluations and development for players with DA/ECNL/FDL aspirations and talent and over the course of the year (i.e. not just this single weekend) and represents a general signal for how a player is perceived to fit in by some coaches.  

But any self perceived “unicorn” who is planning on leaving the club if they don’t make the DA team next summer is going to do so anyway, no different than it has always been.

FWIW, I think Boost/Ultra is a very smart way to start evaluating, consolidating, and evaluating talent across a large pool of talented teams.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 78
Points : 522
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Yo on 21/11/19, 12:38 pm

This thread is pretty comical. Highly doubt Solar thinks they have any unicorns at U11. Long way to go, folks and the guy in charge doesn't think any of it matters until U15 anyway.

Enjoy the ride!

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 93
Points : 927
Join date : 2018-04-16

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Truthiness on 21/11/19, 12:52 pm

Yo wrote:This thread is pretty comical.  Highly doubt Solar thinks they have any unicorns at U11.   Long way to go, folks and the guy in charge doesn't think any of it matters until U15 anyway.

Enjoy the ride!

It really doesn't matter until U15, and you can probably count the number of "unicorns" in all of Texas on a single hand, but I recommend against telling those two things to a group of U11 parents.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 78
Points : 522
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by nTxsoccRfan on 21/11/19, 01:04 pm

I know it seems petty and short sighted, but we are talking about parents. “My Susie don’t make it so, we’re taking her to another team.” I’ve seen it time and time again. Like it or not, feelings will get hurt in this consolidation process. It will be interesting to see team rosters this fall.
nTxsoccRfan
nTxsoccRfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 113
Points : 1052
Join date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Fall Season - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Fall Season

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum