North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
TOURNAMENT: U90C LABOR DAY OPEN Sept 3rd-Sept 6th, 2021Today at 08:25 amU90C
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)Yesterday at 08:48 pmJumpman
FC Cardinals Yesterday at 11:29 amfcdakp2213
FC Cardinals 2013 GirlsYesterday at 10:41 amfcdakp2213
Advice for getting 7yr old ready to move into Select03/08/21, 09:42 am7WhiskeyPapa
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two Locations02/08/21, 10:42 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two Locations02/08/21, 10:37 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two Locations02/08/21, 10:32 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two Locations02/08/21, 10:27 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two Locations02/08/21, 10:22 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two Locations02/08/21, 10:16 pmsbarton12
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL REGISTRATION EXTENDED02/08/21, 05:41 pmU90C
Blackhawks - Looking for Keeper & Field Players01/08/21, 06:03 pmpkcsoccer
07g Blackhawks - Looking for a full or Keeper & 2 players01/08/21, 05:35 pmpkcsoccer
TOURNAMENT: U90C SUMMER SPLASH Aug 20-22, 202131/07/21, 11:16 amU90C
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls 31/07/21, 07:21 amsoccer712
Tatu leaving sting29/07/21, 12:04 amChuck D
PLAYERS NEEDED- Texas Spurs 2012G28/07/21, 01:03 pmsara17
FC Premier 08 Eto'o Looking for a Keeper27/07/21, 04:08 pmGreenmachine
Looking for two (2) players27/07/21, 11:44 amSpence
FC Dallas West 2013G 27/07/21, 11:22 amFCD10s
FCD complete kit. YL26/07/21, 05:33 pmkicks4kids
Triumph FC 2012 Boys26/07/21, 05:01 pmTriumph FC
Unofficial Visit Question25/07/21, 09:08 pmhjm
FCD complete kit. YXL25/07/21, 08:03 pmkicks4kids
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Demise of DA - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15005 registered users
The newest registered user is RachelyChristian

Our users have posted a total of 203287 messages in 30768 subjects

Demise of DA

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 26/04/20, 05:49 pm

Certainly seems that way doesn't it.  And seems to be an agenda geared toward ECNL promotion, which I'm all in for but they could have included most of the DA clubs already and eliminate the need for another league.  And if the GA is better run that than the DA, don't be surprised to see more teams leave ECNL for GA over the next couple of years.  And see clubs that deserved a spot in ECNL but didn't meet the "requirements" (political agenda of ECNL) join GA.  Wouldn't be surprised if that happens in DFW soon.  

07soccerdad wrote:Straighttalk and Mbappe7 - Not sure if FCD turned down your kiddos at some point or perhaps it's just a case of envy..but you both seem to have major issues with the Club.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by NMYTREE 26/04/20, 05:55 pm

I only have one daughter that plays soccer and she is an 08. We are not a soccer family so all this drama is relatively new to me. We live in a city that does not have elite soccer so I will travel either way. She has offers from ECNL and GAL teams for next year so she is lucky she is young and has options. However I will say that there is a disproportionate amount of whiny bitches in youth soccer and that is coming from a dad who has been around the competitive gymnastics culture for years.

NMYTREE
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 469
Join date : 2020-04-26

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Mbappé7 26/04/20, 05:59 pm

3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  

Straighttalk wrote:Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL.  All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:This is nothing but a fcd promoted league because they are desperate. Only time will tell if players move or not, where college coaches will recruit. The GAL / DA frontier division basically lost Real Colorado,  Solar 1 and Dallas Texans.
They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash. Stranger things have happened including demise of mighty DA . I won’t be surprised if ECNL adds a few teams here in frontier division. That would be fun



LADoubleTT2000 wrote:
Straighttalk wrote:Fake advertising. How can the league get better by losing solar1, and adding fcd 2 teams .Omaha and Energy are trash.
Overall, Dash and Lonestar will get weaker.
It appears, fcd is trying to control this league and it’s not good for development .
Good luck to this unicorn league if it ever starts and delivers what they promise



From a parent that has a kid on an FCD DA, the teams you call trash would finish ahead of the bottom half of ECNL Texas across the board IMO.  SA and Celtic for one are not Elite.  Those bottom 4 in DA get better every time we have played them over the last 2 years, that's been obvious.  Loosing Solar's #1 team will hurt, but it's concern is travel, not quality of the teams here.  The assumption there will be a mass exodus to ECNL is just a rumor based on the parents I've spoken to.  No intention of leaving at least in our age group.

A FC Dallas promoted league? The GA league was formed by South CA clubs, Albion and LA Surf.  90% of the DA teams will be there across the nation.  College coaches go where the players are.  We'll see where the players land, but wouldn't assume players are leaving their DA teams in their markets for ECNL.

Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 936
Join date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 26/04/20, 06:11 pm

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL.





#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 330
Points : 2470
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Mbappé7 26/04/20, 06:43 pm

talking about top players in Austin and Houston. Going forward, i see the shift to ECNL in those two markets

Checkpoint Charlie wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL.





#MAGA

Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 936
Join date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 26/04/20, 10:06 pm

Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  

Straighttalk wrote:Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL.  All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:This is nothing but a fcd promoted league because they are desperate. Only time will tell if players move or not, where college coaches will recruit. The GAL / DA frontier division basically lost Real Colorado,  Solar 1 and Dallas Texans.
They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash. Stranger things have happened including demise of mighty DA . I won’t be surprised if ECNL adds a few teams here in frontier division. That would be fun



LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

From a parent that has a kid on an FCD DA, the teams you call trash would finish ahead of the bottom half of ECNL Texas across the board IMO.  SA and Celtic for one are not Elite.  Those bottom 4 in DA get better every time we have played them over the last 2 years, that's been obvious.  Loosing Solar's #1 team will hurt, but it's concern is travel, not quality of the teams here.  The assumption there will be a mass exodus to ECNL is just a rumor based on the parents I've spoken to.  No intention of leaving at least in our age group.

A FC Dallas promoted league? The GA league was formed by South CA clubs, Albion and LA Surf.  90% of the DA teams will be there across the nation.  College coaches go where the players are.  We'll see where the players land, but wouldn't assume players are leaving their DA teams in their markets for ECNL.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Mbappé7 26/04/20, 11:25 pm

That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. They choose DA in the past, they will choose ECNL going forward.Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , solar 2 , Colarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. That seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  

Straighttalk wrote:Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL.  All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:This is nothing but a fcd promoted league because they are desperate. Only time will tell if players move or not, where college coaches will recruit. The GAL / DA frontier division basically lost Real Colorado,  Solar 1 and Dallas Texans.
They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash. Stranger things have happened including demise of mighty DA . I won’t be surprised if ECNL adds a few teams here in frontier division. That would be fun





A FC Dallas promoted league? The GA league was formed by South CA clubs, Albion and LA Surf.  90% of the DA teams will be there across the nation.  College coaches go where the players are.  We'll see where the players land, but wouldn't assume players are leaving their DA teams in their markets for ECNL.

Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 936
Join date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 26/04/20, 11:50 pm

Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  

Straighttalk wrote:Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL.  All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

A FC Dallas promoted league? The GA league was formed by South CA clubs, Albion and LA Surf.  90% of the DA teams will be there across the nation.  College coaches go where the players are.  We'll see where the players land, but wouldn't assume players are leaving their DA teams in their markets for ECNL.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Mbappé7 27/04/20, 12:01 am

Lol, GAL is not same as DA. Don't drink that fcd coolaid.
GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke to mint $ for fcd boys MLS leagues or former fcd Boys DA program. There is no development at fcd , no competition in GAL and outnumbered by ECNL clubs 4-1 in DFW, 2-1 in Austin area amd 2-1 in Houston.
If your kiddo is good enough, reach out to STING, DKSC, Solar, Texans


LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  

Straighttalk wrote:Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL.  All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel



Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 936
Join date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 27/04/20, 12:09 am

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. They choose DA in the past, they will choose ECNL going forward.Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , solar 2 , Colarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. That seems to be your motto






#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 330
Points : 2470
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 01:45 am

Look, we are coming to the end of the road for this stuff.  She's already committed and 1 year left of club soccer so I don't have a dog in the hunt. Not going to move at this point. But just bugs me to see players leave clubs based on a league, or the perception there of. Not lack of coaching or development which would be easier to understand. Next year it'll be something different for you guys.  Good luck.

Checkpoint Charlie wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. They choose DA in the past, they will choose ECNL going forward.Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , solar 2 , Colarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. That seems to be your motto






#MAGA

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 01:57 am

Ok, if you say so.  And as I said previously, not moving.  1 year left, she's picked where she's going to college and playing at so we are just about done.  But you should go to ECNL or stay there or maybe go to the next big league like all the other folks. Grass is always greener. And have fun playing those crappy Oklahoma and South Texas teams in ECNL (where the competition is higher  Very Happy )

Mbappé7 wrote:Lol, GAL is not same as DA. Don't drink that fcd coolaid.
GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke to mint $ for fcd boys MLS leagues or former fcd Boys DA program. There is no development at fcd , no competition in GAL and outnumbered by ECNL clubs 4-1 in DFW, 2-1 in Austin area amd 2-1 in Houston.
If your kiddo is good enough, reach out to STING, DKSC, Solar, Texans


LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  



LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Mbappé7 27/04/20, 02:09 am

lol, doesn’t make any difference where you play u18-u19. Most college coaches don’t want their star players to play as less as possible once they commit.
You should have clearly stayed out this conversation as this is not applicable in your case . This is for iu14, thru u17s for upcoming season
cole
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Ok, if you say so.  And as I said previously, not moving.  1 year left, she's picked where she's going to college and playing at so we are just about done.  But you should go to ECNL or stay there or maybe go to the next big league like all the other folks. Grass is always greener. And have fun playing those crappy Oklahoma and South Texas teams in ECNL (where the competition is higher  Very Happy )

Mbappé7 wrote:Lol, GAL is not same as DA. Don't drink that fcd coolaid.
GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke to mint $ for fcd boys MLS leagues or former fcd Boys DA program. There is no development at fcd , no competition in GAL and outnumbered by ECNL clubs 4-1 in DFW, 2-1 in Austin area amd 2-1 in Houston.
If your kiddo is good enough, reach out to STING, DKSC, Solar, Texans


LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL



Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 936
Join date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Mbappé7 27/04/20, 02:15 am

Mbappé7 wrote:lol, doesn’t make any difference where you play u18-u19. Most college coaches don’t want their players to get hurt once they commit.
You should have clearly stayed out this conversation as this is not applicable in your case . This is for iu14, thru u17s for upcoming season
cole
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Ok, if you say so.  And as I said previously, not moving.  1 year left, she's picked where she's going to college and playing at so we are just about done.  But you should go to ECNL or stay there or maybe go to the next big league like all the other folks. Grass is always greener. And have fun playing those crappy Oklahoma and South Texas teams in ECNL (where the competition is higher  Very Happy )

Mbappé7 wrote:Lol, GAL is not same as DA. Don't drink that fcd coolaid.
GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke to mint $ for fcd boys MLS leagues or former fcd Boys DA program. There is no development at fcd , no competition in GAL and outnumbered by ECNL clubs 4-1 in DFW, 2-1 in Austin area amd 2-1 in Houston.
If your kiddo is good enough, reach out to STING, DKSC, Solar, Texans


LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.



Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 936
Join date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by JLA956 27/04/20, 02:27 am

That's a great feeling isn't it.  You put all these years into supporting your kids in soccer from rec to club and high school, and then you see it come to fruition with an opportunity to play in college.  Once they make a commitment it's such a big sigh of relief for both the parents and the kids.  For us as parents it was like "thank goodness this club craziness is over with."  It was a fun ride, made lots of life-long friends (parents and kids both), have some great memories and experiences, but it was also a PITA at times... but hey, that's life isn't it!  

Multiple clubs over the years - started out with FCD and then ended up with Solar.  The one thing that was made abundantly clear is that it really comes down to the coach.  They are the one that is going to provide the kids with the opportunity to develop their skill-set and grow both personally and as a player.  Sure, big clubs like FCD and Solar offer some benefits that others don't or can't offer, but in the end it's the coach that matters most.

We carried that same lesson over to the college selection process.  Offers from over a dozen coaches to play for them, lots of campus visits during the junior and senior years to narrow it down.  And a lot of time talking to parents of kids already in the program, looking at rosters for the past five or six years and seeing exactly how many players that were listed as a freshman will still there the next year, and the year after, and for their senior year.  Asking the coaches who had a tremendous amount of turnover year to year why that was the case and seeing what their response was.  Teaching you kids why those type of questions are important because as a high school junior or senior they "don't know what they don't know" and have no life experience to help them prepare for the recruiting process.

It's a great process and a real opportunity for parents to have one last chance to help prepare them to make good choices.  And when they finally do make that choice as to where they are going then all you can do is support them and hope for the best.  Once you turn them over to that college coach then you just have to be prepared to step back and watch them become adults.  Anyway, congratulations LAD to you and your daughter for having made it this far and in having a college selected.  Enjoy your last season of club and high school soccer and cherish the friendships and memories!

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Ok, if you say so.  And as I said previously, not moving.  1 year left, she's picked where she's going to college and playing at so we are just about done.  But you should go to ECNL or stay there or maybe go to the next big league like all the other folks. Grass is always greener. And have fun playing those crappy Oklahoma and South Texas teams in ECNL (where the competition is higher  Very Happy )

Mbappé7 wrote:Lol, GAL is not same as DA. Don't drink that fcd coolaid.
GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke to mint $ for fcd boys MLS leagues or former fcd Boys DA program. There is no development at fcd , no competition in GAL and outnumbered by ECNL clubs 4-1 in DFW, 2-1 in Austin area amd 2-1 in Houston.
If your kiddo is good enough, reach out to STING, DKSC, Solar, Texans


LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.

Mbappé7 wrote:3 clubs gone, one club in Austin still trying to join ECNL. Parents will want their kids to play in league with higher competition. That will ECNL going forward.
You like it or not, GAL is diluted and thin.
There will be  player movements Solar, Feet, Sting, Texans in DFW. Similar player movement will happen in Austin and Houston to play ECNL. Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash. The top players chose to play DA and we should see the same shift to ECNL



JLA956
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 1198
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Coterminous 27/04/20, 09:03 am

OK Energy declared for the ECNL late last week. Also I don't think GA will start till u16 at least.. too much $$ cost for youngers, which leaves a gap. Watch for FCD to put top teams in ECNL till u15 then switch top team to GA and 2nd to ECNL. The MLS teams are just waiting to see where the age cutoff is for GA and the new MLS league on boys side...my gut says still more bombs are waiting to drop on the boys side.

Coterminous
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1245
Join date : 2018-05-16

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Yo 27/04/20, 09:10 am

Mbappé7 wrote:Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.

BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA

Not sure how to reconcile those two statements scratch scratch scratch

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 93
Points : 1323
Join date : 2018-04-16

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Big Ern 27/04/20, 10:08 am

Yo wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.

BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA


Not sure how to reconcile those two statements scratch scratch scratch

Agreed Yo --

But not much better to get you going on a Monday morning than a few chuckles ... much appreciated mbappe jocolor

This in addition to a few other lil' nuggets (should be read whilst circus music is playing in the background) ...

"That's dumb," ...  drunken

"Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash", "And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players", "Most college coaches don’t want their star players to play as less as possible once they commit." ... as if you'd know this ^

"There is no development at fcd", "GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side", "Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all" ... ummm  scratch

"You should have clearly stayed out this conversation as this is not applicable in your case . This is for iu14, thru u17s for upcoming season cole", "They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash.", "And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive." ... WTF?!

"Don't drink that fcd coolaid." ... Dude.  FCD hasn't even made an announcement yet, let alone let a single girls player or family know where they'll be playign next year.  Thus, the "coolaid" (Shocked) hasn't even been made yet Sir.

"GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke" ... you had us until ... Clarkey ... really? This is who you think makes things happen at FCD?!  Laughing

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Points : 3781
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 10:16 am

Thank you sir. Yes, it's been a journey and a crazy one at that.  Very much like what you described here.  Lots of highs and lows but wouldn't trade it for the world.  Spot on regarding coaching, that's the key.  Gotta do your homework, look at who these coaches have developed and where they landed.  It was a pretty easy process for on the college side.  She had offers from quite a few different universities but had her eye on one in particular from the beginning and it worked out there so we couldn't be more pleased.  Best of luck to you!

JLA956 wrote:That's a great feeling isn't it.  You put all these years into supporting your kids in soccer from rec to club and high school, and then you see it come to fruition with an opportunity to play in college.  Once they make a commitment it's such a big sigh of relief for both the parents and the kids.  For us as parents it was like "thank goodness this club craziness is over with."  It was a fun ride, made lots of life-long friends (parents and kids both), have some great memories and experiences, but it was also a PITA at times... but hey, that's life isn't it!  

Multiple clubs over the years - started out with FCD and then ended up with Solar.  The one thing that was made abundantly clear is that it really comes down to the coach.  They are the one that is going to provide the kids with the opportunity to develop their skill-set and grow both personally and as a player.  Sure, big clubs like FCD and Solar offer some benefits that others don't or can't offer, but in the end it's the coach that matters most.

We carried that same lesson over to the college selection process.  Offers from over a dozen coaches to play for them, lots of campus visits during the junior and senior years to narrow it down.  And a lot of time talking to parents of kids already in the program, looking at rosters for the past five or six years and seeing exactly how many players that were listed as a freshman will still there the next year, and the year after, and for their senior year.  Asking the coaches who had a tremendous amount of turnover year to year why that was the case and seeing what their response was.  Teaching you kids why those type of questions are important because as a high school junior or senior they "don't know what they don't know" and have no life experience to help them prepare for the recruiting process.

It's a great process and a real opportunity for parents to have one last chance to help prepare them to make good choices.  And when they finally do make that choice as to where they are going then all you can do is support them and hope for the best.  Once you turn them over to that college coach then you just have to be prepared to step back and watch them become adults.  Anyway, congratulations LAD to you and your daughter for having made it this far and in having a college selected.  Enjoy your last season of club and high school soccer and cherish the friendships and memories!

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Ok, if you say so.  And as I said previously, not moving.  1 year left, she's picked where she's going to college and playing at so we are just about done.  But you should go to ECNL or stay there or maybe go to the next big league like all the other folks. Grass is always greener. And have fun playing those crappy Oklahoma and South Texas teams in ECNL (where the competition is higher  Very Happy )

Mbappé7 wrote:Lol, GAL is not same as DA. Don't drink that fcd coolaid.
GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke to mint $ for fcd boys MLS leagues or former fcd Boys DA program. There is no development at fcd , no competition in GAL and outnumbered by ECNL clubs 4-1 in DFW, 2-1 in Austin area amd 2-1 in Houston.
If your kiddo is good enough, reach out to STING, DKSC, Solar, Texans


LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Just because they are not home grown by there clubs does not mean they would automatically jump ship. GA is the same league as DA was, new name with better leadership and more sensible rules. And why do you keep saying GA is a FC Dallas run league? Not sure where you're getting your 'insider info'.  Share it with us all if you have it.

Mbappé7 wrote:That's dumb, Lonestar players have option to play for SA Classic Elites or Sting Austin. And Dash players have options to play for Challenge or Albion. And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players but want to play the best competition. Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.
And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive.
Solar is smart enough to understand that ECNL is competitive and field their No 1 teams in ECNL rather than GAL.I just don't know what you don't get.
BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA as well and we have already reached local ECNL teams rather play against sucky teams including 2nd teams from fcd, Omaha, OKC , splar 2 , COlarado rush to name a few. And not to mention , possible switch of Lonestar and dash to ECNL or loosing their top talent. Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all. hat seems to be your motto
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Again, making assumptions Mbappe7.  GA is dilluted and thin? Based on....??? Ah, rumors.  Right. You say 'LEAGUE' and I think you mean conference.  You can assume the ECNL Texas Conference is stronger than the Frontier Division of the GA League if you want.  But to say the ECNL is stronger than GA would be a stretch.  You just don't know that.  BTW, there is a ton of disparity between the top team in Texas ECNL and the bottom of the league (Sting Austin).  No one has switched teams or clubs and will think long and hard before deciding to switch to a lower level team. Don't assume Lonestar kids wanna go play for the last place team in ECNL.



LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 10:21 am

Yes, agreed. Head scratchers.

Big Ern wrote:
Yo wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.

BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA


Not sure how to reconcile those two statements scratch scratch scratch

Agreed Yo --

But not much better to get you going on a Monday morning than a few chuckles ... much appreciated mbappe jocolor

This in addition to a few other lil' nuggets (should be read whilst circus music is playing in the background) ...

"That's dumb," ...  drunken

"Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash", "And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players", "Most college coaches don’t want their star players to play as less as possible once they commit." ... as if you'd know this ^

"There is no development at fcd", "GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side", "Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all" ... ummm  scratch

"You should have clearly stayed out this conversation as this is not applicable in your case . This is for iu14, thru u17s for upcoming season cole", "They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash.", "And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive." ... WTF?!

"Don't drink that fcd coolaid." ... Dude.  FCD hasn't even made an announcement yet, let alone let a single girls player or family know where they'll be playign next year.  Thus, the "coolaid" (Shocked) hasn't even been made yet Sir.

"GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke" ... you had us until ... Clarkey ... really? This is who you think makes things happen at FCD?!  Laughing

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 10:24 am

Exactly, which is my point in all of these back and forths.  ECNL and GA are both in flux. Not getting the logic behind jumping ship to ECNL until more information comes out.  It's all speculation so far.

Coterminous wrote:OK Energy declared for the ECNL late last week. Also I don't think GA will start till u16 at least.. too much $$ cost for youngers, which leaves a gap. Watch for FCD to put top teams in ECNL till u15 then switch top team to GA and 2nd to ECNL. The MLS teams are just waiting to see where the age cutoff is for GA and the new MLS league on boys side...my gut says still more bombs are waiting to drop on the boys side.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Durian 27/04/20, 11:34 am

LA- I can understand GAL being in Flux, they are a new league on top of that they are having to figure out how to deal with the current pandemic situation which can't be easy and kudos for them to get it going.

Just curious how or why do you think ECNL is in flux? To me they seem to be the default league for now, I wouldn't consider that in Flux. Of course things could change in a split second.

Also congrats on your GG making it to the big leagues! Thats awesome!!

Durian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 2296
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 11:43 am

Thank you.  There is talk of ECNL adding additional clubs to the conferences including Texas Conference from former DA clubs which have supposedly already comitted to GA. Both leagues would be affected. Whether that happens this year or next or never, who knows. But seems that there is nothing 100% set as of now in either leagues, IMO.

Durian wrote:LA- I can understand GAL being in Flux, they are a new league on top of that they are having to figure out how to deal with the current pandemic situation which can't be easy and kudos for them to get it going.

Just curious how or why do you think ECNL is in flux? To me they seem to be the default league for now, I wouldn't consider that in Flux. Of course things could change in a split second.

Also congrats on your GG making it to the big leagues! Thats awesome!!

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by smugrr 27/04/20, 02:58 pm

And now the question is whether ECNL will want some "revenge" by excluding all-in DA clubs or just grab every club it can.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 343
Points : 2090
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Soccerates01 27/04/20, 03:01 pm

i just hope ECNL welcome Fcd, Lonestar and Dash back. Consolidate all the talent in one league. Just let them fight out on the field.
I have to agree 100% with you, the default league in Texas seems is ECNL now. The advantage is definitely tilted to ECNL now. The numbers say it all. 8 Texas clubs are fielding their no 1 teams in ECNL while just 3 clubs no 1 team seem to entertain the GAL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Thank you.  There is talk of ECNL adding additional clubs to the conferences including Texas Conference from former DA clubs which have supposedly already comitted to GA. Both leagues would be affected. Whether that happens this year or next or never, who knows. But seems that there is nothing 100% set as of now in either leagues, IMO.

Durian wrote:LA- I can understand GAL being in Flux, they are a new league on top of that they are having to figure out how to deal with the current pandemic situation which can't be easy and kudos for them to get it going.

Just curious how or why do you think ECNL is in flux? To me they seem to be the default league for now, I wouldn't consider that in Flux. Of course things could change in a split second.

Also congrats on your GG making it to the big leagues! Thats awesome!!

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 55
Points : 2510
Join date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 27/04/20, 03:19 pm

Agreed. But, seems like a long shot for FCD to and these others to be included now. The Frontier League of GA will be announced this week as well as some additional information about the league. We'll see where it goes.


Soccerates01 wrote:i just hope ECNL welcome Fcd, Lonestar and Dash back. Consolidate all the talent in one league. Just let them fight out on the field.
I have to agree 100% with you,  the  default league in Texas seems is ECNL now. The advantage is definitely tilted to ECNL now. The numbers say it all.  8 Texas clubs are fielding their no 1 teams in ECNL while just 3 clubs no 1 team seem to entertain the GAL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Thank you.  There is talk of ECNL adding additional clubs to the conferences including Texas Conference from former DA clubs which have supposedly already comitted to GA. Both leagues would be affected. Whether that happens this year or next or never, who knows. But seems that there is nothing 100% set as of now in either leagues, IMO.

Durian wrote:LA- I can understand GAL being in Flux, they are a new league on top of that they are having to figure out how to deal with the current pandemic situation which can't be easy and kudos for them to get it going.

Just curious how or why do you think ECNL is in flux? To me they seem to be the default league for now, I wouldn't consider that in Flux. Of course things could change in a split second.

Also congrats on your GG making it to the big leagues! Thats awesome!!

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1881
Join date : 2016-07-02

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 5 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum