North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
looking for an independent club in Celina or ProsperToday at 05:36 pmbenjawad66
looking for independent club Celina-ProsperToday at 05:23 pmbenjawad66
ECNL-08Today at 02:26 pmcenTex
Looking for a teamToday at 11:34 amMcKinneyFC
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTERToday at 08:56 amCccrushers
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & FutsalToday at 08:51 amCccrushers
Coaches vs parents in youth soccer?Today at 08:32 amSportsGeeks
ECNL 08G TalkToday at 12:11 amcenTex
ECNL 04 Girls Week 4Yesterday at 09:59 pmdtk9119
07 ECNLYesterday at 02:51 pmcenTex
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams25/09/20, 09:37 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Youth Pick-up Games Are Back!25/09/20, 02:16 pmcityfutsal
Online Personal Trainer, Live & On-demand24/09/20, 01:35 pmcityfutsal
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B - Looking for Keeper24/09/20, 10:32 amcgooden
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B24/09/20, 10:17 amcgooden
Dual roster 23/09/20, 11:40 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 323/09/20, 04:13 pmBluesTraveler
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:34 amCccrushers
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. 22/09/20, 05:49 pmDRFC Academy
FC Dallas 11G Copa, JGAL, 2 open spots 22/09/20, 04:00 pmCoachEddieMarin
Goalkeeper Wanted22/09/20, 01:55 pmcoachsansom
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)22/09/20, 01:11 pmCoachGM
Thiago has the most passes in English Premier League22/09/20, 03:36 amALEXXXXXXX

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Demise of DA - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14522 registered users
The newest registered user is benjawad66

Our users have posted a total of 200236 messages in 29430 subjects

Demise of DA

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Demise of DA - Page 6 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 27/04/20, 03:19 pm

Agreed. But, seems like a long shot for FCD to and these others to be included now. The Frontier League of GA will be announced this week as well as some additional information about the league. We'll see where it goes.

Soccerates01 wrote:i just hope ECNL welcome Fcd, Lonestar and Dash back. Consolidate all the talent in one league. Just let them fight out on the field.
I have to agree 100% with you,  the  default league in Texas seems is ECNL now. The advantage is definitely tilted to ECNL now. The numbers say it all.  8 Texas clubs are fielding their no 1 teams in ECNL while just 3 clubs no 1 team seem to entertain the GAL

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Thank you.  There is talk of ECNL adding additional clubs to the conferences including Texas Conference from former DA clubs which have supposedly already comitted to GA. Both leagues would be affected. Whether that happens this year or next or never, who knows. But seems that there is nothing 100% set as of now in either leagues, IMO.

Durian wrote:LA- I can understand GAL being in Flux, they are a new league on top of that they are having to figure out how to deal with the current pandemic situation which can't be easy and kudos for them to get it going.

Just curious how or why do you think ECNL is in flux? To me they seem to be the default league for now, I wouldn't consider that in Flux. Of course things could change in a split second.

Also congrats on your GG making it to the big leagues! Thats awesome!!

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex on 27/04/20, 03:49 pm

Soccerates01 wrote:i just hope ECNL welcome Fcd, Lonestar and Dash back. Consolidate all the talent in one league. Just let them fight out on the field.

It seems likely that ECNL is indeed betting on all the talent consolidating in one league, just not the way Lonestar, Dash, and FC Dallas might hope.

Based on the swirling player movement rumors (perhaps due to a lack of a defined plan at this point in time from those 3 clubs), it seems the bet is a sound one.

My guess at this point is they keep ECNL at the existing 10 for this upcoming season, and then perhaps let in Lonestar or FCD in 2021-22 (maybe as replacements for underperforming clubs) if they prove they are still worthy (and if those clubs decide they still want ECNL instead of GAL).

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durian on 27/04/20, 04:03 pm

How long was ODP around before ECNL came into the picture? How long did GDA last? Pardon my laziness if its already been answered.

Durian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball on 27/04/20, 05:28 pm

Durian wrote:How long was ODP around before ECNL came into the picture? How long did GDA last? Pardon my laziness if its already been answered.

32 years

3 years
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 27/04/20, 05:40 pm

Yeah, seems that way in terms of consolidation. Banking on talent leaving DA for ECNL. GA is supposed to announce the Frontier Conference today or tomorrow and more information regarding the leagues plans for showcases and affiliation with the MLS/NWSL as well.

cenTex wrote:

It seems likely that ECNL is indeed betting on all the talent consolidating in one league, just not the way Lonestar, Dash, and FC Dallas might hope.

Based on the swirling player movement rumors (perhaps due to a lack of a defined plan at this point in time from those 3 clubs), it seems the bet is a sound one.

My guess at this point is they keep ECNL at the existing 10 for this upcoming season, and then perhaps let in Lonestar or FCD in 2021-22 (maybe as replacements for underperforming clubs) if they prove they are still worthy (and if those clubs decide they still want ECNL instead of GAL).

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom on 27/04/20, 09:23 pm

I have a question...didn’t Ecnl die when DA took over?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex on 28/04/20, 07:14 pm

Speculation swirling here that Lonestar girls will be in ECNL next year.  Apparently the Texas Conference will be 12 teams for next year.  Assumption is that FC Dallas is the other team getting in.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 28/04/20, 08:03 pm

Would be surprised if FCD is in ECNL next year unless something changed literally last minute. GA Conference announced tomorrow and FCD was in as of today.

cenTex wrote:Speculation swirling here that Lonestar girls will be in ECNL next year.  Apparently the Texas Conference will be 12 teams for next year.  Assumption is that FC Dallas is the other team getting in.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness on 28/04/20, 08:58 pm

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Would be surprised if FCD is in ECNL next year unless something changed literally last minute.  GA Conference announced tomorrow and FCD was in as of today.  

cenTex wrote:Speculation swirling here that Lonestar girls will be in ECNL next year.  Apparently the Texas Conference will be 12 teams for next year.  Assumption is that FC Dallas is the other team getting in.

I think you’ll find yourself being surprised. And it’s the right tactical maneuver for ECNL. Don’t know if GA League is viable in Texas without FC Dallas, and ECNL is much stronger adding a top 5 National club. One more team likely to join to make it an even 12.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 28/04/20, 09:34 pm

Would make for one of the strongest conferences in ECNL if that happened. We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk on 28/04/20, 11:52 pm

My agenda  on this thread was to promote ECNL and stir the pot . The tactics were horrible but the end result was what i wanted to see 5  strong DFW ECNL teams instead of the split 4 top teams from Sting, Texans , Solar , Feet No 1 teams in ECNL and fcd no 1 team in GAL
Big Ern , clarkie is such a good geezer. i meant to type Chris Ring and trust me he has quite a reputation  
Big Ern wrote:
Yo wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:Only time will tell whether it is smart to switch to ECNL or play in GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side, Scary but True.

BTW, My kid plays for fcd DA

Not sure how to reconcile those two statements scratch scratch scratch

Agreed Yo --

But not much better to get you going on a Monday morning than a few chuckles ... much appreciated mbappe jocolor

This in addition to a few other lil' nuggets (should be read whilst circus music is playing in the background) ...

"That's dumb," ...  drunken

"Lol , those players did not start at Lonestar and Dash", "And more importantly, these Lonestar players came from clubs from Georgetown to south San Antonio & Dash players comprise of players that came from a radius of 100 sq miles from Dash , these are not club grown players", "Most college coaches don’t want their star players to play as less as possible once they commit." ... as if you'd know this ^

"There is no development at fcd", "GAL run by fcd, who have never developed players on girls side", "Good luck in developing your kiddo without being challenged at all" ... ummm  scratch

"You should have clearly stayed out this conversation as this is not applicable in your case . This is for iu14, thru u17s for upcoming season cole", "They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash.", "And now adding a second team because they are desperate and trying not loose their jobs and survive." ... WTF?!

"Don't drink that fcd coolaid." ... Dude.  FCD hasn't even made an announcement yet, let alone let a single girls player or family know where they'll be playign next year.  Thus, the "coolaid" (Shocked) hasn't even been made yet Sir.

"GAL is a last ditch effort by Chris Clarke" ... you had us until ... Clarkey ... really? This is who you think makes things happen at FCD?!  Laughing

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh on 29/04/20, 12:42 am

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Would make for one of the strongest conferences in ECNL if that happened.  We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Definitely strong at the top. But you still have the likes of OK Celtic and Sting Austin in the conference, who don't really belong. If they thought the 5-0 blowouts to the likes of DKSC and Albion weren't fun, just wait until Solar and FCD roll into town.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 29/04/20, 09:13 am

Energy would be an upgrade to Celtics (or TSC) in IMO. Better club and teams. They had become much more competitive with our FCD DA teams this year across the age groups. Think we lost to them in a couple of age groups. Would finish ahead of some of the existing clubs in ECNL Texas.

timmyh wrote:
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Would make for one of the strongest conferences in ECNL if that happened.  We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Definitely strong at the top. But you still have the likes of OK Celtic and Sting Austin in the conference, who don't really belong. If they thought the 5-0 blowouts to the likes of DKSC and Albion weren't fun, just wait until Solar and FCD roll into town.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 29/04/20, 09:26 am

Solar and FCD will destroy those teams if they don't get some help. And if Lonestar gets in they will as well, assuming players stay put and don't move.

timmyh wrote:

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LeftBehind on 29/04/20, 03:15 pm

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Energy would be an upgrade to Celtics (or TSC) in IMO.  Better club and teams.  They had become much more competitive with our FCD DA teams this year across the age groups. Think we lost to them in a couple of age groups. Would finish ahead of some of the existing clubs in ECNL Texas.

timmyh wrote:

Energy is equal with TSC and a little ahead of Celtic; with Celtic closing quickly. Energy would be an even swap for TSC and a slight upgrade over Celtic.

LeftBehind
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 29/04/20, 03:18 pm

In a perfect world, Energy and Celtic combine to form a more competitive club in ECNL, but chances of that happening probably not good.

LeftBehind wrote:
LADoubleTT2000 wrote:Energy would be an upgrade to Celtics (or TSC) in IMO.  Better club and teams.  They had become much more competitive with our FCD DA teams this year across the age groups. Think we lost to them in a couple of age groups. Would finish ahead of some of the existing clubs in ECNL Texas.

timmyh wrote:

Energy is equal with TSC and a little ahead of Celtic; with Celtic closing quickly. Energy would be an even swap for TSC and a slight upgrade over Celtic.  

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LeftBehind on 29/04/20, 03:30 pm

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:In a perfect world, Energy and Celtic combine to form a more competitive club in ECNL, but chances of that happening probably not good.

LeftBehind wrote:

timmyh wrote:

Preach

LeftBehind
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr on 29/04/20, 03:36 pm

When are going to hear finalized. Or is it drip, drip, one by one.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 29/04/20, 03:45 pm

Heard that GA is still finalizing Frontier Conference clubs.  Will be Friday before announcement is made which could mean ECNL Texas Conference is also being finalized (possible additions of FCD, Lonestar).

smugrr wrote:When are going to hear finalized. Or is it drip, drip, one by one.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatsoccerparent on 30/04/20, 12:31 am

Funny that we are hearing all the FCD players have been trying to jump ship to solar since this was rumored! What’s happening with FCD???

Thatsoccerparent
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown on 30/04/20, 10:12 am

Anytime today...
I was always interested in how Solar and FCD DA teams...oh and Texans, would do vs Sting and Feeters ECNL teams. I think ‘03 Texans will compete well but not sure about the other age groups. I hear some parents don’t like the coaching options in the younger groups and they weren’t thriving in DA not ECNL two years ago. It’ll feel like the ole days again.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYERONE on 30/04/20, 12:41 pm

With Texans, Solar, and probably FCD soon all joining ECNL I don’t think Feet or Sting will ever see the champions league (top 4) again. I expect to see movement (already happening) from these 2 clubs to the other 3. When Feet and Sting play FCD, Solar, and Texans expect to see some football scores 7-0, 10-3, 13-0, Etc. Will be brutal. If you are an elite player at Feet or Sting LEAVE NOW rosters are filling up.

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh on 30/04/20, 12:49 pm

PLAYERONE wrote:With Texans, Solar, and probably FCD soon all joining ECNL I don’t think Feet or Sting will ever see the champions league (top 4) again.  I expect to see movement (already happening) from these 2 clubs to the other 3.   When Feet and Sting play FCD, Solar, and Texans expect to see some football scores   7-0, 10-3, 13-0, Etc.  Will be brutal. If you are an elite player at Feet or Sting LEAVE NOW rosters are filling up.  

I would agree that playing in the same league as FCD and Solar isn't necessarily a good thing for the playoff hopes for D'Feeters and Sting Dallas, but both are significantly better girls clubs than Texans.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh on 30/04/20, 02:22 pm

Latest rumor making the rounds...
FC Dallas got ECNL.  Lonestar got ECNL.
Sting Austin is out, but Sting Dallas picks up a 2nd ECNL team.
12 Team Conference.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr on 30/04/20, 02:31 pm

So Sting gave up Austin to get second Dallas team?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by STXParent on 30/04/20, 02:43 pm

ECNL just tweeted that FC Dallas is back in

STXParent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down