North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
The night before ChristmasToday at 06:33 amCamonwarld
ECNL 04 Girls Week 4Yesterday at 10:09 pmSoccerates01
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)Yesterday at 12:58 pmruudvan
ECNL-08Yesterday at 11:15 amcenTex
07 ECNLYesterday at 11:08 amcenTex
Texas Spirit 06 Bewley - Looking to add 2 players 29/09/20, 10:17 pmtexasspirit06
Texas Spirit28/09/20, 10:16 pmBFC
looking for an independent club in Celina or Prosper28/09/20, 05:36 pmbenjawad66
looking for independent club Celina-Prosper28/09/20, 05:23 pmbenjawad66
Looking for a team28/09/20, 11:34 amMcKinneyFC
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER28/09/20, 08:56 amCccrushers
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & Futsal28/09/20, 08:51 amCccrushers
Coaches vs parents in youth soccer?28/09/20, 08:32 amSportsGeeks
ECNL 08G Talk28/09/20, 12:11 amcenTex
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams25/09/20, 09:37 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Youth Pick-up Games Are Back!25/09/20, 02:16 pmcityfutsal
Online Personal Trainer, Live & On-demand24/09/20, 01:35 pmcityfutsal
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B - Looking for Keeper24/09/20, 10:32 amcgooden
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B24/09/20, 10:17 amcgooden
Dual roster 23/09/20, 11:40 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 323/09/20, 04:13 pmBluesTraveler
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:34 amCccrushers
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. 22/09/20, 05:49 pmDRFC Academy

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Demise of DA - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14523 registered users
The newest registered user is Kkeith75

Our users have posted a total of 200247 messages in 29432 subjects

Demise of DA

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Demise of DA - Page 9 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by Knuckleball on 13/05/20, 12:18 pm

timmyh wrote:Looks like a clear consolidation in favor of ECNL around these parts

And apparently Sting Austin (from Lonestar), Oklahoma Celtic (from Energy), and Challenge and Albion (from Dash) have already picked up a lot of new top players for next year and should be much stronger.

I’ve seen this on a few boards. There is no influx of Energy to Celtic. Energy has lost about 6-7 girls to TSC who lived in Tulsa. But as of now I have not heard of any 08-04 leaving for Celtic.

Knuckleball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSlimmy on 16/05/20, 01:31 am

Texas Girls ECNL looks good although if we can get passed all the COVID-19 protocols and nothing else happens this year we would really have one great season. I'm just wondering if clubs will offer a refund policy incase this should happen again come fall or winter season.

Texas ECNL:
2. Solar
5. FC Dallas
21. Sting Dallas (Confirmed 2 ECNL Teams for 07)
27. DKSC
43. Albion
62. Challenge
66. Texans
92. Tulsa SC
97. Classics Elite
NR Sting Austin (Potentially 2 ECNL 07 Teams)
NR Oklahoma Celtic

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 on 16/05/20, 09:46 am

GeeSlimmy wrote:Texas Girls ECNL looks good although if we can get passed all the COVID-19 protocols and nothing else happens this year we would really have one great season. I'm just wondering if clubs will offer a refund policy incase this should happen again come fall or winter season.

Texas ECNL:
2. Solar
5. FC Dallas
21. Sting Dallas (Confirmed 2 ECNL Teams for 07)
27. DKSC
43. Albion
62. Challenge
66. Texans
92. Tulsa SC
97. Classics Elite
NR Sting Austin (Potentially 2 ECNL 07 Teams)
NR Oklahoma Celtic

So now Sting is only getting 2 teams in the 07 age group? Is it confirmed that is the ONLY age group that's getting this? I've yet to see any official announcements from Sting or ECNL.

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSlimmy on 16/05/20, 01:44 pm

So now Sting is only getting 2 teams in the 07 age group? Is it confirmed that is the ONLY age group that's getting this? I've yet to see any official announcements from Sting or ECNL.[/quote]

I'm not sure how many Girls 2007 Sting teams there will be for 2020-2021 I do know and it's confirmed that Sting will have 2 ECNL 2007 Girls teams. One team will be coached by Tatu same team from last season and the other team I think might be Jason Glotzbach but don't quote me on the other team as I'm not sure about confirmation on that one. There might be other age groups from the girls side that carry 2 ECNL Teams as well this has not been confirmed though.

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness on 16/05/20, 09:06 pm

Sting Dallas has two ECNL teams in every age group. They also are reportedly putting together a nice little coaching staff to support all those new teams.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 16/05/20, 09:09 pm

Truthiness wrote:Sting Dallas has two ECNL teams in every age group. They also are reportedly putting together a nice little coaching staff to support all those new teams.

It’s difficult for clubs to field 1 good team in each age group and all of a sudden STING will pull off fielding 2 in each age group?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 on 16/05/20, 10:34 pm

Truthiness wrote:Sting Dallas has two ECNL teams in every age group. They also are reportedly putting together a nice little coaching staff to support all those new teams.

Where is the announcement from Sting or ECNL?

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSlimmy on 16/05/20, 11:04 pm

dtk9119 wrote:

Where is the announcement from Sting or ECNL?

No announcement its known if you went to the STING zoom for parents session it was announced there by main contacts directors at STING. Only concerns were top shelf players going to one team and other team maybe weaker but not sure how things will be but there were some concerns that parents had about 2 ECNL Teams etc.

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule on 17/05/20, 12:39 am

Truthiness, care to share the coaching names or a past club of unnamed coaches headed to Sting?

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 17/05/20, 12:59 am

I'd say LW was a solid addition for 'em -

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 17/05/20, 01:38 am

Big Ern wrote:

Damn I heard that but was kinda waiting on you to “confirm.”

Def a solid then.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 17/05/20, 09:12 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Def a solid then.

LW...DM...MV

FCD lost quite a bit.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Demise of DA - Page 9 Empty Way to keep the money rolling in Sting

Post by abc000 on 17/05/20, 01:35 pm

So to reward Sting for staying loyal they get double the teams in ECNL so the Mercedes crowd can get their kid on a team with a uniform that has the letters du’jour. Pretty laughable not to mention quite obvious to those of average intelligence. Bimbo Mom will pay any amount so her little Suzie is on the team with the right letters. Does not matter that the team is mediocre. But hey, as long as Sting collects a hefty check from 44 kids per age group rather than a mere 22 its all good in Sting Land.

And any of this helps these girls how??? LHGCL with the challenge to get promoted or demoted and 5 ECNL teams in NTX For those who were willing and could afford to travel a bit more and a kid who did soccer and was not into other activities worked just fine and these poor girls did not have their worlds up ended every summer scrambling to the right set of letters.

The kid has played all the gold plated leagues, as a starter.... all this crap has ruined any desire to play in college. Big fail to those running the dog and pony show called youth soccer in NTX.

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex on 17/05/20, 02:24 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Def a solid then.

LW...DM...MV

FCD lost quite a bit.

And losing some players, I hear?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 17/05/20, 02:53 pm

abc000 wrote:So to reward Sting for staying loyal they get double the teams in ECNL so the Mercedes crowd can get their kid on a team with a uniform that has the letters du’jour. Pretty laughable not to mention quite obvious to those of average intelligence. Bimbo Mom will pay any amount so her little Suzie is on the team with the right letters. Does not matter that the team is mediocre. But hey, as long as Sting collects a hefty check from 44 kids per age group rather than a mere  22 its all good in Sting Land.

And any of this helps these girls how??? LHGCL with the challenge to get promoted or demoted and 5 ECNL teams in NTX For those who were willing and could afford to travel a bit more and a kid who did soccer and was not into other activities worked just fine and these poor girls did not have their worlds up ended every summer scrambling to the right set of letters.

The kid has played all the gold plated leagues, as a starter.... all this crap has ruined any desire to play in college. Big fail to those running the dog and pony show called youth soccer in NTX.

Isn't it astounding that after so much time and abundance of information out there, that some (apparently even "those of above average intelligence") are still blinded by the same ole tired 'you have to pay more to be on the top team' mantra?  Where alphabet here is right is that the 2nd ECNL team will be comprised of lesser talent and will likely be drummed by most of the TX ECNL comp.  That said, (and what is oh so consistently lost in translation with the have nots), is that at the ECNL level, it isn't as much about team as it is about individual player.  "those of above average intelligence" would know that while there are somewhere close to zero scouts at LHGCL matches, there are somewhere close to hundreds at ECNL showcases (and even a gaggle will attend ECNL regular season matches).  Which is why, if your child is '05+ this year and wants to play in college, it 1000% makes sense to try to get onto one of those rosters.  Further, and even more outlandish for those that still don't know, these ECNL clubs make the exact same amount from kids playing in LHGCL as they do kids playing in ECNL.  How in the hell is that still not common knowledge?  

The harsh reality (for many and may include you Sir) is that it's much more likely that rather than it being a "big fail" for NTX soccer or the fault of the ECNL, it's the choices you've made for your kid to this point that have ruined your's or her desire to play in college.  If this is truly is the case for you ... Sorry bud.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by abc000 on 17/05/20, 04:37 pm

So you still beat the drum.... “top player must play top league “. My kid has played in all the “top”  leagues with and against all the “top” players. They are all good players.  But guess what? For each one there is another 5 who play on another team or just high school.   I think you may have missed my point with the vehemence of your reaction.... agreed there will be many coaches at a DA or ECNL or whatever it is called next year and nearly none (that you know of anyway) at a LHGCL game. Makes no difference if they are not watching the DA/ECNL game at the exact moment your kid does something great. Much more productive to send email with video and attend a school ID Camp. If the coach is interested in what a player can do for their team and they will come watch a game- even if it is not a DA/ECNL game ! And yes for you snobs out there, that includes D1.

Yes the fees for a Plano team or ECNL team at Sting are the same. My point is parents will choose to stick their kid on the Sting ECNL 2 team and pay that fee to Sting rather than paying Texas Spirit or Fusion or a FC Dallas Team just to see the 4 precious letters on the kids sleeve.  So if nothing else the kid will see great business tactics at play.

As for your characterization of my kids soccer journey and my parenting as a fail that is completely classless and contemptible. The reason I rarely look at or respond to this forum and will refrain from ever doing it again is people like you.  In my personal opinion the girls who are in high school now have been done a huge disservice by the constant merry go round of chasing the next big thing beginning with age pure and ending with the abrupt shutdown of DA. With so many leagues
being touted and all the travel involved you really cannot see this has been for the adults and not the kids?
My kid is multidimensional and we have tried to navigate a path where she can experience all the things she wants to try. The soccer decision were made based on what Was important to her at that time. In hindsight were all the decisions for the best? Maybe, maybe not. But to state it was our failure to predict 2 coaching changes within 6 weeks of the first practice, age pure separating girls who wanted to play together, the constant unknown of what teams would exist and what they would be called is dogmatic of you.

My kid is unusually cognizant of what is going on around her and all the upheaval every year has taken a toll on her. I am so sorry you cannot appreciate my disappointment for her. She may or may not play college.... it is completely up to her. If I had to guess at this moment I would say no. And when she joins another sport, excels in art or music, becomes a leader among her peers, or anything else her heart desires this failure of a parent will cheer her on with vigor and not even think twice about wether or not she plays soccer.

Peace Out

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness on 17/05/20, 04:52 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:

It’s difficult for clubs to field 1 good team in each age group and all of a sudden STING will pull off fielding 2 in each age group?

Very difficult, if not impossible, given the current depth at Sting.

However it doesn’t look like the 2019/20 ECRL teams are just getting promoted. It looks like there’s an influx of talent following a handful of top notch new coaches to build entirely new teams. And early rumors are that a lot of that is coming at FCD’s expense.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 17/05/20, 05:10 pm

abc000 wrote:So you still beat the drum.... “top player must play top league “. My kid has played in all the “top”  leagues with and against all the “top” players. They are all good players.  But guess what? For each one there is another 5 who play on another team or just high school.   I think you may have missed my point with the vehemence of your reaction.... agreed there will be many coaches at a DA or ECNL or whatever it is called next year and nearly none (that you know of anyway) at a LHGCL game. Makes no difference if they are not watching the DA/ECNL game at the exact moment your kid does something great. Much more productive to send email with video and attend a school ID Camp. If the coach is interested in what a player can do for their team and they will come watch a game- even if it is not a DA/ECNL game ! And yes for you snobs out there, that includes D1.

Yes the fees for a Plano team or ECNL team at Sting are the same. My point is parents will choose to stick their kid on the Sting ECNL 2 team and pay that fee to Sting rather than paying Texas Spirit or Fusion or a FC Dallas Team just to see the 4 precious letters on the kids sleeve.  So if nothing else the kid will see great business tactics at play.

As for your characterization of my kids soccer journey and my parenting as a fail that is completely classless and contemptible. The reason I rarely look at or respond to this forum and will refrain from ever doing it again is people like you.  In my personal opinion the girls who are in high school now have been done a huge disservice by the constant merry go round of chasing the next big thing beginning with age pure and ending with the abrupt shutdown of DA. With so many leagues
being touted and all the travel involved you really cannot see this has been for the adults and not the kids?
My kid is multidimensional and we have tried to navigate a path where she can experience all the things she wants to try. The soccer decision were made based on what Was important to her at that time. In hindsight were all the decisions for the best? Maybe, maybe not. But to state it was our failure to predict 2 coaching changes within 6 weeks of the first practice, age pure separating girls who wanted to play together, the constant unknown of what teams would exist and what they would be called is dogmatic of you.

My kid is unusually cognizant of what is going on around her and all the upheaval every year has taken a toll on her. I am so sorry you cannot appreciate my disappointment for her. She may or may not play college.... it is completely up to her. If I had to guess at this moment I would say no. And when she joins another sport, excels in art or music, becomes a leader among her peers, or anything else her heart desires this failure of a parent will cheer her on with vigor and not even think twice about wether or not she plays soccer.

Peace Out

You'll have to excuse BigEgo at the moment. First his precious DA went away, and now FCD getting plucked of coaches and talent. I'm sure you understand.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anasazi1300 on 17/05/20, 05:11 pm

Having watched Pro soccer games and college soccer games for fun and then ECNL games while scouting for a next team it is clear that there is something wrong with this level of competitive soccer.
I saw at least 6 rash tackles/collisions at a single ECNL game that I thought for sure the players were either out for the game or maybe the rest of the season and yet all but 2 of them returned to the game. One continued playing after a nasty head-head collision that should have sent her to the sideline while the other girl left the game and didn't return with another going off with a knee. It was like a war of attrition with girls wearing the "I kept playing injured badge".
The pro and college women's games I have watched have many less rash challenges and far fewer bodies lying on the ground during play stoppages so this does not seem the best approach to me.
My DD will happily play ECRL or LH and get in front of coaches another way instead of being continually injured in the hope that a college coach "notices the spectacularly brave but rash play I just made".
She will have a chance to play D1 college and do so without assuming the risk of significant injury that seems to be a requirement of of the coaches for starting on an ECNL team. If your daughter has the athletic ability to play that level then the college coaches will still look at them if you get them in front of the coach.

anasazi1300
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 17/05/20, 05:18 pm

anasazi1300 wrote:Having watched Pro soccer games and college soccer games for fun and then ECNL games while scouting for a next team it is clear that there is something wrong with this level of competitive soccer.
I saw at least 6 rash tackles/collisions at a single ECNL game that I thought for sure the players were either out for the game or maybe the rest of the season and yet all but 2 of them returned to the game. One continued playing after a nasty head-head collision that should have sent her to the sideline while the other girl left the game and didn't return with another going off with a knee. It was like a war of attrition with girls wearing the "I kept playing injured badge".
The pro and college women's games I have watched have many less rash challenges and far fewer bodies lying on the ground during play stoppages so this does not seem the best approach to me.
My DD will happily play ECRL or LH and get in front of coaches another way instead of being continually injured in the hope that a college coach "notices the spectacularly brave but rash play I just made".
She will have a chance to play D1 college and do so without assuming the risk of significant injury that seems to be a requirement of of the coaches for starting on an ECNL team. If your daughter has the athletic ability to play that level then the college coaches will still look at them if you get them in front of the coach.

My goodness...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 17/05/20, 05:27 pm

abc000 wrote:So you still beat the drum.... “top player must play top league “. My kid has played in all the “top”  leagues with and against all the “top” players. They are all good players.  But guess what? For each one there is another 5 who play on another team or just high school.   I think you may have missed my point with the vehemence of your reaction.... agreed there will be many coaches at a DA or ECNL or whatever it is called next year and nearly none (that you know of anyway) at a LHGCL game. Makes no difference if they are not watching the DA/ECNL game at the exact moment your kid does something great. Much more productive to send email with video and attend a school ID Camp. If the coach is interested in what a player can do for their team and they will come watch a game- even if it is not a DA/ECNL game ! And yes for you snobs out there, that includes D1.

Peace Out

You overlooked the “if’s” and “may’s” in his post so you really are taking it to heart for nothing.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 17/05/20, 07:54 pm

Peace Out

Tremendous response abc, and to your credit, there are bits and pieces here (when we muddle through your emotionally based rant) that are absolutely true ... but it's a shame you took it so personally.  The word "may" was the one that might coulda prevented much of this ^ ...

The "vehemence" you referenced (which I'm guessing you must've misdiagnosed based on my choice to italicize and bold here 'n there) is based on experience as a club executive, coach and parent (nearly through the gamut at this point).  Not gonna get into that again but those that really know me here, know.  While there are more items to address, I'll stick with this one ...

You mention ... "you really cannot see this has been for the adults and not the kids?".  Without me having to get into this any further, this alone is absolutely telling that you and your kid have been on the wrong side of things, which sucks ... and again ... as has always been my contention, there are too many parents paying for select soccer.  I'm a massive fan of the recreational game which, in my opinion, ~70% of those playing club soccer in NTX should be participating in.  If you care enough to continue (and I'd bet my left nut that you aren't) with a question regarding this, please DM me and I'd be happy oblige with more explanation and information.

Beyond that, it's especially entertaining to me (and I'm sure to the others on my side of things) that you'd have to make statements like "My kid is unusually cognizant of what is going on around her", "I am so sorry you cannot appreciate my disappointment for her.", and that you "will cheer her on with vigor and not even think twice about wether or not she plays soccer.", as if we ours aren't cognizant, or that our girls haven't been through rough times like yours has, or that we as parent wouldn't cheer them on in anything they have ahead them even though they will be playing at the next level.  

That all said -- It's fantastic that your kid is well rounded and will succeed in whatever she chooses to do, etc ... I'm sure I speak for everyone on this thread when I say that I sincerely wish her the best Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 17/05/20, 10:04 pm

Peace Out

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad on 18/05/20, 02:59 am

anasazi1300 wrote:Having watched Pro soccer games and college soccer games for fun and then ECNL games while scouting for a next team it is clear that there is something wrong with this level of competitive soccer.

Uhhmm?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad on 18/05/20, 03:06 am

NoSpinZone wrote:

Peace Out

You'll have to excuse BigEgo at the moment.  First his precious DA went away, and now FCD getting plucked of coaches and talent. I'm sure you understand.

With all of these changes, maybe BigErn will have a new club to support, maybe some Sting tassels?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 18/05/20, 09:11 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

Peace Out

You'll have to excuse BigEgo at the moment.  First his precious DA went away, and now FCD getting plucked of coaches and talent. I'm sure you understand.

With all of these changes, maybe BigErn will have a new club to support, maybe some Sting tassels?

Think I'll attach tassles to his wheel wells... right above the tires.. BigEgo will be riding in style w tassles attached. Next Practice!!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum