North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
ECNL 04 Girls Week 3Yesterday at 08:09 pmdtk9119
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-2015Yesterday at 07:58 pmMuc03b
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-2015Yesterday at 07:41 pmMuc03b
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-2015Yesterday at 07:35 pmMuc03b
05 TX Conference- Cabin Fever EditionYesterday at 07:06 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Adding players if interested 19/09/20, 10:08 pmbigred
Dual roster 19/09/20, 10:02 pmResidentOne
ECNL-0819/09/20, 07:52 pmcenTex
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams19/09/20, 01:35 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
08G FDL Schedule18/09/20, 10:09 pm08GSoccerPRA
'11 B Looking for team - Richardson, Plano, Farmers Branch17/09/20, 02:28 pmCameronbrown15
ECNL Schedules17/09/20, 02:03 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Sting 11G's in Trophy Club looking for a few more players16/09/20, 01:32 pmSting Alliance
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER16/09/20, 11:57 amCccrushers
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER16/09/20, 08:10 amCccrushers
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & Futsal16/09/20, 06:46 amCccrushers
ECNL 04 Girls Week 215/09/20, 06:06 pmCheckpoint Charlie
07 ECNL15/09/20, 04:11 pmCheckpoint Charlie
MLS league 2008 boys15/09/20, 12:39 pmSoccermom2888
06 ECNL15/09/20, 12:05 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Renegades 2012G Central • Mendoza15/09/20, 07:02 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s 15/09/20, 06:56 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2014/15G • Central Division15/09/20, 06:50 amRenegades Soccer Club
What is the most challeging road block you have encountered 14/09/20, 06:31 pmCheckpoint Charlie
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 13-15, 202014/09/20, 04:43 pmU90C

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Demise of DA - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14514 registered users
The newest registered user is Jgregg

Our users have posted a total of 200176 messages in 29416 subjects

Demise of DA

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Demise of DA - Page 4 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by JLA956 on 25/04/20, 05:38 pm

cenTex wrote:
WinTheChipzRdown wrote:https://149363092.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020-21-Girls-ECNL-Club-Map-as-of-42020.jpeg

Sheesh for Colorado

I'm told this is the final structure for 2020-21, but there is that little caveat in the corner with a date on it.  I imagine that gives hope to clubs and players still hoping for the ECNL lifeline.

Colorado had plane trips either way.  Now it's just going west instead of east.  It's great news for Texas, though. Nobody needs to get on a plane for a youth soccer league game. Especially nowadays.
Delta is talking about passengers needing to have an "Immunity Passport" to be able to fly.  If the airlines implement some policy where you have to prove that you have had Covid-19 and are now immune before you can even board the plane, then that would pretty much eliminate teams from traveling to games or tournaments.  Even if some of the team had immunity, what about the members that didn't?  Driving looks like the only option for the foreseeable future.

Delta CEO raises prospect of ‘immunity passports’ for air travel

JLA956
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by austintruth on 25/04/20, 06:44 pm

[quote="cenTex"]Good article today in the local paper. I imagine you can replace "Lonestar" with FC Dallas or Dash or Energy.
Chris,

I'm a subscriber to your paper and doing my part to help the Statesman continue to provide local news here in Austin.

As I read the article you posted this morning I was impressed with the statements you included that were made by the DOC of Sting Austin and how you talked to Sting parents about their experiences and the future of the club. Oh, wait a minute, you didn't do that at all! In fact there was NOTHING in your article about Sting Austin and the great job they're doing for girls soccer here in the Austin area. Your article reads as a big pity party for Lonestar and how they deserve to get ECNL back. You don't mention one word about the following important facts:

1) Lonestar turned it's back on ECNL in 2017 and their DOC's and top coaches have bad mouthed the league and said it was full of losers ever since they chose to go with DA! You think that doesn't get back to ECNL headquarters?!?
2) Sting Dallas was offered to be ECNL and DA (like FC Dallas, the Dallas Texans, and Solar) in 2017. Sting Dallas chose to be faithful to ECNL and turned down it's DA spot because, among other things, the club listened to the girls playing for Sting who had a strong desire to play soccer in high school.
3) As a reward for being faithful to ECNL Sting Dallas was awarded with ECNL to it's existing division here in Austin.
4) In order to not lose more girls to Sting Austin, Lonestar has lied to it's parents each year to keep stringing them along. I heard (not first hand, but from a Lonestar parent who is my friend) that the latest lie told this Spring was that Lonestar would be fielding two girls DA teams in each age group for 2020-21. Well, that lie didn't work out too well for them!
5) Lonestar rents soccer fields all over the region they don't need just to lock out access for other clubs. They are the true definition of a bully!

Chris, you're clearly a Lonestar sympathizer. The fact is Lonestar spent years making their bed. Now, it's time for them to lay in it. They are getting exactly what they deserve and have earned.  

I think it’s GREAT that Sting Austin is the top competitive club in Austin and will be proud to contribute to their success moving forward.

Maybe your next article on girls soccer in the Austin area will be more forthright and give all the views of the subject and not just the narrative you're trying to sell.

austintruth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex on 25/04/20, 07:39 pm

@Austintruth

Your comment that you "think it is GREAT" that Sting Austin is the top competitive club in Austin" is at a minimum, a bit premature. They arguably aren't even top 2 at the moment, and are far, far from #1.

Perhaps all that will change if Lonestar does not get ECNL, but your bias seems a bit over the top.

You feel that loyalty for past action and decisions should result in a multitude of benefits to a very small handful of people at the expense of doing what is best for the players and families and quality of soccer (both in Austin and, just as importantly, for the 9 other clubs with players and families at clubs currently mandated to travel to play in Austin).

My hope is the powers that be focus on doing what is best for players. Not just a handful of power brokers.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor06810 on 25/04/20, 10:45 pm

I talked to a few parents at loanstar . There is a going to be a mass exodus to Sting Austin and SA ECNL club from loanstar. They don’t want to risk their kids soccer careers /opportunities in an untested league. I would assume same with Dash, the players would rather move to ECNL teams rather than waste their time in GAL.

That’s brings a questions

1. As of today , does ECNL offer better competition and less travel in Texas/ Frontier division compared to DPL / GAL in same refion

2 If you are parent , what will your priority.
a. To play ECNL
b To play GAL

At the end of the day , ECRL will be the same as DPL

cenTex wrote:@Austintruth

Your comment that you "think it is GREAT" that Sting Austin is the top competitive club in Austin" is at a minimum, a bit premature. They arguably aren't even top 2 at the moment, and are far, far from #1.

Perhaps all that will change if Lonestar does not get ECNL, your bias seems a bit over the top.

You feel that loyalty for past action and decisions should result in a multitude of benefits to a very small handful of people at the expense of doing what is best for the players and families and quality of soccer (both in Austin and, just as importantly, for the 9 other clubs with players and families at clubs currently mandated to travel to play in Austin).

My hope is the powers that be focus on doing what is best for players.  Not just a handful of power brokers.

Survivor06810
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by STXParent on 25/04/20, 10:51 pm

I do think Lonestar will lose a lot of players, especially the older HS ones. But if you look at Sting Austin record, it’s is embarrassingly bad. Clearly if talent moves that way, that should change initially. But, they don’t seem to have developed their current players so will those girls who do move continue to develop & get better or will they only maintain or take backward steps?

STXParent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 26/04/20, 10:44 am

Survivor06810 wrote:I talked to a few parents at loanstar . There is a going to be a mass exodus to Sting Austin and SA ECNL club from loanstar. They don’t want to risk their kids soccer careers /opportunities in an untested league. I would assume same with Dash, the players  would rather move to ECNL teams rather than waste their time in GAL.

That’s brings a questions

1. As of today , does ECNL offer better competition and less travel in Texas/ Frontier division  compared to DPL / GAL in same refion

2 If you are parent , what will your priority.
a. To play ECNL
b  To play GAL

At the end of the day , ECRL will be the same as DPL

cenTex wrote:@Austintruth

Perhaps all that will change if Lonestar does not get ECNL, your bias seems a bit over the top.

My hope is the powers that be focus on doing what is best for players.  Not just a handful of power brokers.

Thank you centex for being the level headed voice of reason down south.  We don't hear from them often but if we're basing the sample on yesterday's activity, I feel for ya bud ... yikes.  

I mean ... We don't have look far -- check out the gold from ol' survivor here --

(in my best Chris Farley with a cigar in one hand as the driver of the meat wagon in Tommy Boy) "Oh ... My ... God!" Shocked

Here's to hoping he was through a case or so of loanstar before he posted that Cool

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk on 26/04/20, 10:52 am

That would suck for current fcd DA teams. Solar DA teams are in better shape as they have ECNL option as well.
GAL frontier league will comprise  of Solar ( ? ), weaker loanstar and dash teams. Energy is already the bottom team. My bet is when the tryouts start, the player movement will be crazier than normal

STXParent wrote:I do think Lonestar will lose a lot of players, especially the older HS ones. But if you look at Sting Austin record, it’s is embarrassingly bad. Clearly if talent moves that way, that should change initially. But, they don’t seem to have developed their current players so will those girls who do move continue to develop & get better or will they only maintain or take backward steps?

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex on 26/04/20, 01:06 pm

Heard on pretty good authority the GA League will consist of 9 teams:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Solar 2 (Solar 1 will be ECNL)
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

That's a solid league. A bit spread out, but manageable. Announcement coming in next day or two.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 26/04/20, 01:44 pm

cenTex wrote:Heard on pretty good authority the GA League will consist of 9 teams:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

That's a solid league. A bit spread out, but manageable. Announcement coming in next day or two.

Intriguing centex especially since the Frontier is among the last of the GAL divisions being finalized but, in my opinion, this is wishful thinking.  Based on information from the Solar folks, I think it'd be doubtful that they put their 2nd teams in GAL rather than ECRL for the upcoming year.  And given the isolation aspect for poor CO Rush which would have them flying for every single away match, I believe that's a stretch as well.

scratch

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JLA956 on 26/04/20, 01:44 pm

cenTex wrote:Heard on pretty good authority the GA League will consist of 9 teams:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

With air travel out I'm not sure how driving from Texas to Colorado and Nebraska is going to work.

JLA956
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk on 26/04/20, 01:55 pm

Fake advertising. How can the league get better by losing solar1, and adding fcd 2 teams .Omaha and Energy are trash.
Overall, Dash and Lonestar will get weaker.
It appears, fcd is trying to control this league and it’s not good for development .
Good luck to this unicorn league if it ever starts and delivers what they promise

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

With air travel out I'm not sure how driving from Texas to Colorado and Nebraska is going to work.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex on 26/04/20, 02:40 pm

Straighttalk wrote:Fake advertising. How can the league get better by losing solar1, and adding fcd 2 teams .Omaha and Energy are trash.
It appears, fcd is trying to control this league and it’s not good for development .
Good luck to this unicorn league if it ever starts and delivers what they promise

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

I don't think anyone would say it is better. But it is still respectable.

If my memory serves, didn't FCD 2 teams prove to be significantly better than several current ECNL clubs and routinely finished well ahead of the likes of Sting Austin and Celtic and Classics Elite in ECNL the prior few years?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr on 26/04/20, 02:47 pm

And who knows how air travel will be by September?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JLA956 on 26/04/20, 02:50 pm

smugrr wrote:And who knows how air travel will be by September?
I just hope that we have some airlines to fly with. They are hemorrhaging money right now and screaming that if the government doesn't save them that they will go under.

JLA956
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NMYTREE on 26/04/20, 02:54 pm

Hi everyone. New to the forum. The makeup of the GAL conference mentioned above is consistent with what I am hearing from Energy coaches fwiw.

NMYTREE
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness on 26/04/20, 03:00 pm

cenTex wrote:
If my memory serves, didn't FCD 2 teams prove to be significantly better than several current ECNL clubs and routinely finished well ahead of the likes of Sting Austin and Celtic and Classics Elite in ECNL the prior few years?

They did and had decent teams in most age groups. And then 12 months ago when ECNL required FCD to choose either DA or ECNL for not meeting the criteria for being allowed to keep their 2nd teams in ECNL, FC Dallas sued ECNL. A decision which doesn't seem to be helping their current predicament.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbappé7 on 26/04/20, 03:38 pm

fcd 2nd teams scored 1 goal the whole season until covid 19 happened.
ECNL, let lonestar and dash join ECNL frontier.
That will completely drain the life of this league.
Otherwise, we have 2 competing leagues , and diluted competition

cenTex wrote:
Straighttalk wrote:Fake advertising. How can the league get better by losing solar1, and adding fcd 2 teams .Omaha and Energy are trash.

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

I don't think anyone would say it is better. But it is still respectable.

Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 26/04/20, 04:03 pm

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

From a parent that has a kid on an FCD DA, the teams you call trash would finish ahead of the bottom half of ECNL Texas across the board IMO.  SA and Celtic for one are not Elite.  Those bottom 4 in DA get better every time we have played them over the last 2 years, that's been obvious.  Loosing Solar's #1 team will hurt, but it's concern is travel, not quality of the teams here.  The assumption there will be a mass exodus to ECNL is just a rumor based on the parents I've spoken to.  No intention of leaving at least in our age group.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbappé7 on 26/04/20, 04:18 pm

This is nothing but a fcd promoted league because they are desperate. Only time will tell if players move or not, where college coaches will recruit. The GAL / DA frontier division basically lost Real Colorado, Solar 1 and Dallas Texans.
They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash. Stranger things have happened including demise of mighty DA . I won’t be surprised if ECNL adds a few teams here in frontier division. That would be fun

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

From a parent that has a kid on an FCD DA, the teams you call trash would finish ahead of the bottom half of ECNL Texas across the board IMO.  SA and Celtic for one are not Elite.  Those bottom 4 in DA get better every time we have played them over the last 2 years, that's been obvious.  Loosing Solar's #1 team will hurt, but it's concern is travel, not quality of the teams here.  The assumption there will be a mass exodus to ECNL is just a rumor based on the parents I've spoken to.  No intention of leaving at least in our age group.

Mbappé7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 26/04/20, 04:27 pm

Mbappé7 wrote:This is nothing but a fcd promoted league because they are desperate. Only time will tell if players move or not, where college coaches will recruit. The GAL / DA frontier division basically lost Real Colorado,  Solar 1 and Dallas Texans.
They could loose lonestar and dash players plus ECNL is smart , they cut the throat f this league by letting lonestar or Dash. Stranger things have happened including demise of mighty DA . I won’t be surprised if ECNL adds a few teams here in frontier division. That would be fun

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

A FC Dallas promoted league? The GA league was formed by South CA clubs, Albion and LA Surf.  90% of the DA teams will be there across the nation.  College coaches go where the players are.  We'll see where the players land, but wouldn't assume players are leaving their DA teams in their markets for ECNL.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk on 26/04/20, 04:58 pm

Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL. All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:
Mbappé7 wrote:This is nothing but a fcd promoted league because they are desperate. Only time will tell if players move or not, where college coaches will recruit. The GAL / DA frontier division basically lost Real Colorado,  Solar 1 and Dallas Texans.

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

JLA956 wrote:
FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

A FC Dallas promoted league? The GA league was formed by South CA clubs, Albion and LA Surf.  90% of the DA teams will be there across the nation.  College coaches go where the players are.  We'll see where the players land, but wouldn't assume players are leaving their DA teams in their markets for ECNL.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 26/04/20, 05:14 pm

90% across the nation... understand 3 teams left Frontier. Lol.  We shall see.  

Straighttalk wrote:Your math doesn’t add up. DA lost Real Colorado, Solar and Texans 3/10 clubs.
Ball is in ECNLs court .They can crush the GAL by letting lonestar in Texas ECNL conference. The lonestar boys teams have joined ECNL.  All eyes on ECNL directors.
This is their best chance to destroy FCD one last time and create one strong league here locally with no air travel

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

LADoubleTT2000 wrote:

JLA956 wrote:

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07soccerdad on 26/04/20, 05:18 pm

Straighttalk and Mbappe7 - Not sure if FCD turned down your kiddos at some point or perhaps it's just a case of envy..but you both seem to have major issues with the Club.

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NMYTREE on 26/04/20, 05:31 pm

I’m willing to bet that the GAL has been in the making for a while. My understanding is that the league will be run by a council made up of club representatives and that these positions are unpaid. The retention of so many top clubs nationwide speaks to a larger plan by these clubs that didn’t come about in the last 3 weeks.

NMYTREE
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 26/04/20, 05:36 pm

FC Dallas 1
FC Dallas 2
Lonestar
Dash
Energy
Colorado Rush
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LADoubleTT2000 on 26/04/20, 05:49 pm

Certainly seems that way doesn't it.  And seems to be an agenda geared toward ECNL promotion, which I'm all in for but they could have included most of the DA clubs already and eliminate the need for another league.  And if the GA is better run that than the DA, don't be surprised to see more teams leave ECNL for GA over the next couple of years.  And see clubs that deserved a spot in ECNL but didn't meet the "requirements" (political agenda of ECNL) join GA.  Wouldn't be surprised if that happens in DFW soon.  

07soccerdad wrote:Straighttalk and Mbappe7 - Not sure if FCD turned down your kiddos at some point or perhaps it's just a case of envy..but you both seem to have major issues with the Club.

LADoubleTT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum