North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
11 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 11:30 amU90C
10 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 11:28 amU90C
07 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 11:26 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 11:01 amU90C
RPL-REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE: FALL 2020 (REG. CLOSES AUG 9th)Today at 10:12 amU90C
08 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 10:01 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 10:00 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 09:59 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 09:58 amU90C
06 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 09:57 amU90C
12 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 09:56 amU90C
08 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 09:55 amU90C
05 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)Today at 09:50 amU90C
05 TX Conference- Cabin Fever EditionToday at 09:49 amabc000
TOURNAMENT: U90C SUMMER SPLASH Aug 21-23, 2020Today at 09:49 amU90C
ECNL Schedules07/08/20, 10:30 pmFriscoSoccer2004
03 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)07/08/20, 11:52 amU90C
TX Spirit 2012s - North Dallas Collin Rockwall County Areas07/08/20, 10:06 amTxSpiritscoccer
TX Spirit 2013s - North Dallas Collin Rockwall County Areas07/08/20, 09:54 amTxSpiritscoccer
Girls Select Solar Kit #9 for sale07/08/20, 09:22 ambuffyspike74
12 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)06/08/20, 05:52 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)06/08/20, 05:51 pmU90C
11 Boys Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)06/08/20, 05:51 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 21-23)06/08/20, 05:49 pmU90C
SPTX SAO PAULO FC 02G SEDEH D106/08/20, 01:44 pmSPFCSoberano

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14463 registered users
The newest registered user is schweersmt

Our users have posted a total of 199689 messages in 29308 subjects

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by jogobonito06 on 11/07/20, 03:33 pm

TxFutbal wrote:ECRL-NTX is a joke.  It will die a painful death next year.
ECRL is about to be a joke unless ECNL powers allow ECRL teams into the college showcases.  If this doesn't happen, FDL will become the premier 2nd tier league.  The new National Showcase platform that FDL and Frontier feed into is very promising.  Question is whether USYS allows ECRL teams to compete in the National Showcases.  If not, there will be a lot of buyers remorse in the ECRL platform.  Sad because ECRL was a huge success last year.

Define huge success

jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 11/07/20, 05:28 pm

jogobonito06 wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:ECRL-NTX is a joke.  It will die a painful death next year.
ECRL is about to be a joke unless ECNL powers allow ECRL teams into the college showcases.  If this doesn't happen, FDL will become the premier 2nd tier league.  The new National Showcase platform that FDL and Frontier feed into is very promising.  Question is whether USYS allows ECRL teams to compete in the National Showcases.  If not, there will be a lot of buyers remorse in the ECRL platform.  Sad because ECRL was a huge success last year.

Define huge success

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal on 11/07/20, 07:30 pm

ECRL based on what I saw last season and following the various leagues were for the most part competitive matches with some really good development. Not much difference between ECNL and ECRL in many instances (not all). In some instances I saw ECRL teams beat some ECNL teams where they faced off. In many instances ECNL players would play in ECRL league games to get minutes and/or help the ECRL team win matches against better opponents.

Biggest difference I saw between ECNL and ECRL was size and speed of the fowards mostly. Technical skills were similar as was quality of defense.

Again.. not saying this across the board, just in many instances where ECNL and RL were playing in same venue, practices, and friendlies that I saw. Just as not all ECNL teams are of the same quality, not all RL teams were of the same quality.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximilianOneMX on 11/07/20, 08:00 pm

TxFutbal wrote:ECRL based on what I saw last season and following the various leagues were for the most part competitive matches with some really good development.  Not much difference between ECNL and ECRL in many instances (not all).  In some instances I saw ECRL teams beat some ECNL teams where they faced off.  In many instances ECNL players would play in ECRL league games to get minutes  and/or help the ECRL team win matches against better opponents.

Biggest difference I saw between ECNL and ECRL was size and speed of the fowards mostly.  Technical skills were similar as was quality of defense.

Again.. not saying this across the board, just in many instances where ECNL and RL were playing in same venue, practices, and friendlies that I saw.  Just as not all ECNL teams are of the same quality, not all RL teams were of the same quality.  

There were only two local ECRL teams per age group, right? Not really a great sample size to support your conclusions.

MaximilianOneMX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal on 11/07/20, 08:38 pm

across all age groups not just one.. multiple regions as well not just texas. so yes a good sample size I saw.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximilianOneMX on 11/07/20, 09:35 pm

TxFutbal wrote:across all age groups not just one.. multiple regions as well not just texas.  so yes a good sample size I saw.

Uh huh

MaximilianOneMX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 12/07/20, 02:23 pm

MaximilianOneMX wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:across all age groups not just one.. multiple regions as well not just texas.  so yes a good sample size I saw.

Uh huh

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 13/07/20, 12:08 am

TxFutbal wrote:ECRL based on what I saw last season and following the various leagues were for the most part competitive matches with some really good development.  Not much difference between ECNL and ECRL in many instances (not all).  In some instances I saw ECRL teams beat some ECNL teams where they faced off.  In many instances ECNL players would play in ECRL league games to get minutes  and/or help the ECRL team win matches against better opponents.

Biggest difference I saw between ECNL and ECRL was size and speed of the fowards mostly.  Technical skills were similar as was quality of defense.

Again.. not saying this across the board, just in many instances where ECNL and RL were playing in same venue, practices, and friendlies that I saw.  Just as not all ECNL teams are of the same quality, not all RL teams were of the same quality.  

Isn't that ^ just how it typically goes though?  And by that I mean ... Not mucha difference between the 2nd and 3rd levels?  

May be a bit different story though in the upcoming year due to now having to compare the most elite, top level here in DFW with the 2nd level, won't it?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr on 13/07/20, 09:11 am

Trying to figure out.....There is ECNL. No problem. Then last year and this year there is ECRL which plays the same schedule (Oklahoma and S. Texas) as ECNL and thus travels. And this new thing is some kind of ECRL light, which only plays locally and in its S. Texas version, contains some non ECNL clubs, but not, so far, in its N. Texas version.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal on 13/07/20, 08:14 pm

Isn't that ^ just how it typically goes though?  And by that I mean ... Not mucha difference between the 2nd and 3rd levels?  

May be a bit different story though in the upcoming year due to now having to compare the most elite, top level here in DFW with the 2nd level, won't it?[/quote]

Agree.. I expect ECNL to have more separation in quality than ECRL. I expect ECRL to get stronger. LH with Frontier and FDL will be a solid 2.5 to 3rd ring of competitiveness. NPL will suffer the most. ECRL-NTX... Why? Not needed and will be embarrassing.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 13/07/20, 08:18 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Isn't that ^ just how it typically goes though?  And by that I mean ... Not mucha difference between the 2nd and 3rd levels?  

May be a bit different story though in the upcoming year due to now having to compare the most elite, top level here in DFW with the 2nd level, won't it?

Agree.. I expect ECNL to have more separation in quality than ECRL.  I expect ECRL to get stronger.  LH with Frontier and FDL will be a solid 2.5 to 3rd ring of competitiveness.   NPL will suffer the most. ECRL-NTX... Why?  Not needed and will be embarrassing.  [/quote]

Here is a honest straight forward question.

Why do you care? If your child is on a team in FDL/LH and you are comfortable that that is the second best league, if that even matters, shouldn't you be happy.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal on 13/07/20, 08:26 pm

I happen to believe FDL/Frontier/LH is a quality platform and serves a much needed place in NTX soccer. You combine these 3 platforms with State Cup and beyond and $ for $ it competes well. How many ECNL kids always seem to "slum it" around state cup time? Nuff said.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 13/07/20, 08:48 pm

What I think should be the focus is the rules that allow just what you mentioned, then the rest would settle itself. If a league can't sustain itself it goes away.

As an example you can now have three u10 players on a boys classic league team. Never allowed u10s to play in a NTX sanctioned league before and now they can.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 14/07/20, 07:24 pm

AtThePitch wrote:What I think should be the focus is the rules that allow just what you mentioned, then the rest would settle itself. If a league can't sustain itself it goes away.

As an example you can now have three u10 players on a boys classic league team.  Never allowed u10s to play in a NTX sanctioned league before and now they can.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum