North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2012 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyToday at 10:21 amTriumph FC
07 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyToday at 10:15 amTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyToday at 10:02 amTriumph FC
RPL SPRING 2021 (ACADEMY + 2009 11v11 Divisions) Reg. OPENToday at 09:08 amU90C
Solar Covey 13GYesterday at 10:57 pmskipper
13 Girls 16th Annual Winter Cup 29-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 10:05 pmTriumph FC
09 Girls 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 05:02 pmTriumph FC
09 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 03:58 pmTriumph FC
08 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 03:03 pmTriumph FC
11 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 02:58 pmTriumph FC
10 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 12:47 pmTriumph FC
PIT ELITE LEAGUE SPR 21 U7-U10 SAVE UP TO $75Yesterday at 10:32 amPITSoccer
Solar Colvin 11G Yesterday at 10:05 amjessh403@yahoo.com
Looking for Players in McKinney , Allen ,TexomaYesterday at 09:07 amCtltx
11 Girls 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony13/01/21, 09:59 pmTriumph FC
DT West Serrano13/01/21, 08:35 pmDallas Texans West
Dallas Texans West 2013 Academy13/01/21, 08:22 pmDallas Texans West
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Feb 4-7, 202113/01/21, 05:03 pmU90C
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony13/01/21, 04:00 pmTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony13/01/21, 01:38 pmTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony13/01/21, 12:49 pmTriumph FC
National Rankings12/01/21, 02:56 pmsmugrr
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony12/01/21, 02:10 pmTriumph FC
FC Dallas West Salas 15B looking/ open tryouts12/01/21, 12:17 pmfutbolespasion
FC Dallas West Salas 11B looking/ open tryouts12/01/21, 11:23 amfutbolespasion
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14617 registered users
The newest registered user is MegaDad5000

Our users have posted a total of 200780 messages in 29585 subjects

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Truthiness on 16/12/20, 07:51 pm

Now that the fall season is complete (and so is my job for the year, so I have a little time on my hands), I figured I'd compile the Overall Club Standings for the fall ECNL season.  I failed in my attempts to embed the spreadsheet, but the clubs are ranked by points-per-game and then I also included overall Goal Differential (GD) and W-L-T records.  It includes U13-U19 (and also the U19 Comp teams).

PPG....Club...............(GD)......W-L-T
2.64...Solar.............(+325)....71-6-6
2.14...DKSC............(+167)....57-15-5
1.92...FC Dallas........(+86)....44-17-16
1.71...Sting Black.....(+78)....41-25-14
1.68...Texans...........(+62)....44-28-16
1.62...Challenge.......(+21)....36-26-12
1.41...AHFC.............(+15)....29-29-12
1.07...Sting Austin....(-89).....24-43-6
0.97...Tulsa SC........(-117)....20-42-6
0.84...Classics Elite..(-114)....19-51-13
0.80...Sting Royal....(-110)....17-49-8
0.25...OK Celtic.......(-316).....6-77-4
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 100
Points : 753
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by cenTex on 16/12/20, 08:29 pm

Good stuff!

Bunch of thoughts...

Solar should be forced to play all of their teams up an age group.

Celtic should be forced to play all of their teams down an age group.

Shocked to see FC Dallas so "low."  

Surprised to see Texans are basically on par with Sting Black so far.

Huge year-over-year improvement from Sting Austin thanks to the influx of Lonestar ex-DA players.

If the OKC ex-DA players aren't going to make a similar migration, Celtic needs to be replaced by Energy.

Sting Royal was a pretty bad idea.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 153
Points : 1416
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by G21DD on 16/12/20, 09:31 pm

Interesting. Solar is deep too. Pretty sure their ECRL teams are at or near the top of standings in most age groups.

G21DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 3968
Join date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 16/12/20, 11:25 pm

Truthiness wrote:Now that the fall season is complete (and so is my job for the year, so I have a little time on my hands), I figured I'd compile the Overall Club Standings for the fall ECNL season.  I failed in my attempts to embed the spreadsheet, but the clubs are ranked by points-per-game and then I also included overall Goal Differential (GD) and W-L-T records.  It includes U13-U19 (and also the U19 Comp teams).

PPG....Club...............(GD)......W-L-T
2.64...Solar.............(+325)....71-6-6
2.14...DKSC............(+167)....57-15-5
1.92...FC Dallas........(+86)....44-17-16
1.71...Sting Black.....(+78)....41-25-14
1.68...Texans...........(+62)....44-28-16
1.62...Challenge.......(+21)....36-26-12
1.41...AHFC.............(+15)....29-29-12
1.07...Sting Austin....(-89).....24-43-6
0.97...Tulsa SC........(-117)....20-42-6
0.84...Classics Elite..(-114)....19-51-13
0.80...Sting Royal....(-110)....17-49-8
0.25...OK Celtic.......(-316).....6-77-4



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 325
Points : 2262
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Swirvin on 18/12/20, 01:01 am

G21DD wrote:Interesting. Solar is deep too. Pretty sure their ECRL teams are at or near the top of standings in most age groups.

You're right. For ECRL, I included DFW teams except for Sting Black who is, suprisingly, worse in almost every way than their Royal counterparts. I only included one non-DFW team, Albion, who is the top of that group. Texans 05 ECRL has a serious problem reporting their games to ECNL, but I did my best to extrapolate from their Twitter feed. Otherwise, the numbers are as-reported. I kept it in Truthiness format for ease of comparison:

PPG…..Club…….……(GD).……W-L-T
2.45 …Solar…….…..(+184)….53-9-5
2.27.…DKSC……....(+150)….52-14-5
2.19….Texans..…….(+109).…53-11-8
1.63….Sting Royal..(+15)…..29-22-6
1.31….FCD…………...(-23).....22-26-10
1.44….Albion………..(+26)……28-19-8

Swirvin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 643
Join date : 2019-04-16

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Deuce on 18/12/20, 11:50 am

Swirvin wrote:
G21DD wrote:Interesting. Solar is deep too. Pretty sure their ECRL teams are at or near the top of standings in most age groups.

You're right. For ECRL, I included DFW teams except for Sting Black who is, suprisingly, worse in almost every way than their Royal counterparts. I only included one non-DFW team, Albion, who is the top of that group. Texans 05 ECRL has a serious problem reporting their games to ECNL, but I did my best to extrapolate from their Twitter feed. Otherwise, the numbers are as-reported. I kept it in Truthiness format for ease of comparison:

PPG…..Club…….……(GD).……W-L-T
2.45 …Solar…….…..(+184)….53-9-5
2.27.…DKSC……....(+150)….52-14-5
2.19….Texans..…….(+109).…53-11-8
1.63….Sting Royal..(+15)…..29-22-6
1.31….FCD…………...(-23).....22-26-10
1.44….Albion………..(+26)……28-19-8


Now that ECNL has RL playoff standings online, they're ranking by PPG. Texas Conference, NTX, and USC leagues have very different numbers of games played. 8 teams in each age group for the playoff to get into Open Cup -- about 4 or 5 spots in each age are Texas Conference RL teams.

Wonder how long the Oklahoma clubs can scuffle along the bottom of the standings nearly everywhere before ECNL looks at making changes. Prolly depends how the bigger landscape shakes out vs Girls Academy.

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 2685
Join date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 18/12/20, 01:06 pm

Swirvin wrote:
G21DD wrote:Interesting. Solar is deep too. Pretty sure their ECRL teams are at or near the top of standings in most age groups.

You're right. For ECRL, I included DFW teams except for Sting Black who is, suprisingly, worse in almost every way than their Royal counterparts. I only included one non-DFW team, Albion, who is the top of that group. Texans 05 ECRL has a serious problem reporting their games to ECNL, but I did my best to extrapolate from their Twitter feed. Otherwise, the numbers are as-reported. I kept it in Truthiness format for ease of comparison:

PPG…..Club…….……(GD).……W-L-T
2.45 …Solar…….…..(+184)….53-9-5
2.27.…DKSC……....(+150)….52-14-5
2.19….Texans..…….(+109).…53-11-8
1.63….Sting Royal..(+15)…..29-22-6
1.31….FCD…………...(-23).....22-26-10
1.44….Albion………..(+26)……28-19-8



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 325
Points : 2262
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by smugrr on 18/12/20, 01:31 pm

So what does "Champions" league or similar terms mean when you see them in the standings page? I see it both in the ECNL charts and the ECNL-RL charts.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 304
Points : 1840
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Deuce on 18/12/20, 02:42 pm

smugrr wrote:So what does "Champions" league or similar terms mean when you see them in the standings page? I see it both in the ECNL charts and the ECNL-RL charts.

For ECNL, it's that the club is within the 32 teams that make the National Playoffs in June. Believe Texas Conference gets Top 3 in each age group in automatically, with a chance to get one of the wildcard spots for the #4 team if they rank high enough nationally by PPG. (U13 and U18/19 are fewer teams qualifying b/c their playoff pools are smaller.)

With ECRL it looks like they're still knocking out bugs with the ranking number next to the Champions League label, but appears to reflect which teams qualify for the May playoff in Houston to win into the Cup competition at the ECNL National Playoffs.

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 2685
Join date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by smugrr on 18/12/20, 02:47 pm

I noticed in ECNL-RL for U-13 the two undefeated teams are several slots apart in the Champions League rankings. And of course there are unreported games in that league.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 304
Points : 1840
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Deuce on 18/12/20, 02:58 pm

smugrr wrote:I noticed in ECNL-RL for U-13 the two undefeated teams are several slots apart in the Champions League rankings. And of course there are unreported games in that league.

It definitely appears the placement numbers are out of whack across the board on the RL standings. New website bug???

This is all "live right now" standings and adjust as missing scores are reported and spring games happen.

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 2685
Join date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by smugrr on 18/12/20, 03:03 pm

And one complication, perhaps in our favor, is we have more games played so from the standpoint of "points" we seem to get an advantage. It seems like they must be paying their computer person minimum wage.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 304
Points : 1840
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by dtk9119 on 18/12/20, 03:25 pm

Deuce wrote:
smugrr wrote:So what does "Champions" league or similar terms mean when you see them in the standings page? I see it both in the ECNL charts and the ECNL-RL charts.

For ECNL, it's that the club is within the 32 teams that make the National Playoffs in June. Believe Texas Conference gets Top 3 in each age group in automatically, with a chance to get one of the wildcard spots for the #4 team if they rank high enough nationally by PPG. (U13 and U18/19 are fewer teams qualifying b/c their playoff pools are smaller.)

With ECRL it looks like they're still knocking out bugs with the ranking number next to the Champions League label, but appears to reflect which teams qualify for the May playoff in Houston to win into the Cup competition at the ECNL National Playoffs.

So it's the top 8 teams per age group combined from TX, USC, and NTX conferences make an 8 team play off in Houston, correct? Is that a simple (1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5) single elimination tournament with the winner advancing to ECNL open cup?

And overall, 1 team per age group, from TX, NE, and SE make it to open cup? I assume other areas will be added in the spring (if their states/localities ever allow them to play).

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 1077
Join date : 2018-04-10

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by smugrr on 18/12/20, 03:49 pm

I think they may be ranking all ECNL-RL leagues currently playing in one big scramble. I view the S. Texas league and the 6 team N. Texas league as lesser competition, but apparently they will be in the mix for these playoff spots. At one time I heard those two leagues would play each other for one spot in the Houston tournament. But who knows? You would think they could print some rules, understanding some of those big regional leagues may never play a game.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 304
Points : 1840
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by AtThePitch on 18/12/20, 05:04 pm

smugrr wrote:I think they may be ranking all ECNL-RL leagues currently playing in one big scramble. I view the S. Texas league and the 6 team N. Texas league as lesser competition, but apparently they will be in the mix for these playoff spots. At one time I heard those two leagues would play each other for one spot in the Houston tournament. But who knows? You would think they could print some rules, understanding some of those big regional leagues may never play a game.

Hard to call it lesser competition when ECNL NTX squads have squared off with ECRL TX squads and beat them this fall.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 720
Points : 4081
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by LongBall on 19/12/20, 10:15 am

I there are two very easy fixes for significantly improving league quality.

1. Replace Celtic with Energy.
2. Replace Sting Royal with Solar RL.

If Celtic can't attract the top girls in OKC, bring in the club that can. Energy isn't great, but it's better than the current wasted weekend of games vs Celtic.

After Solar's DA teams joined the ECNL league, Solar's ECNL teams from lastly year should never have received the boot to RL to make room for the formation of Sting Royal. Fix it.

LongBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 111
Join date : 2020-10-13

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Soccerupnorth on 19/12/20, 11:09 am

LongBall wrote:I there are two very easy fixes for significantly improving league quality.

1. Replace Celtic with Energy.
2. Replace Sting Royal with Solar RL.

If Celtic can't attract the top girls in OKC, bring in the club that can. Energy isn't great, but it's better than the current wasted weekend of games vs Celtic.

After Solar's DA teams joined the ECNL league, Solar's ECNL teams from lastly year should never have received the boot to RL to make room for the formation of Sting Royal. Fix it.

Challenge’s ECRL seems okay enough to play in ECNL. Heck, they may be stronger than the Challenge ECNL team and they are 1 in ECRL ( by slim margins, really could be a toss up with the 5 ECRL teams). Maybe it’s time for relegation and promotion in the Texas Conference?

Soccerupnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 125
Join date : 2020-09-19

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by LongBall on 20/12/20, 12:28 am

Soccerupnorth wrote:
LongBall wrote:I there are two very easy fixes for significantly improving league quality.

1. Replace Celtic with Energy.
2. Replace Sting Royal with Solar RL.

If Celtic can't attract the top girls in OKC, bring in the club that can. Energy isn't great, but it's better than the current wasted weekend of games vs Celtic.

After Solar's DA teams joined the ECNL league, Solar's ECNL teams from lastly year should never have received the boot to RL to make room for the formation of Sting Royal. Fix it.

Challenge’s ECRL seems okay enough to play in ECNL. Heck, they may be stronger than the Challenge ECNL team and they are 1 in ECRL ( by slim margins, really could be a toss up with the 5 ECRL teams). Maybe it’s time for relegation and promotion in the Texas Conference?

What are you talking about? Challenge can barely hang in RL. Challenge is 20-29-9 across the six RL age groups.  Solar is 53-8-5.

Solar RL would probably do about as well as Challenge ECNL does in if they were promoted from RL to ECNL.  Challenge RL is well below average in RL and would be a Oklahoma Celtic-ish disaster in ECNL.

LongBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 111
Join date : 2020-10-13

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Truthiness on 20/12/20, 12:36 am

Don't think anybody is surprised at all to see Solar clear at the top (of both ECNL and ECRL).

But I can't be the only one surprised to see that the club who is well out ahead of everyone else and firmly in 2nd place (in both ECNL and ECRL) is DKSC.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 100
Points : 753
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Deuce on 20/12/20, 05:29 pm

Not all that surprising. DKSC has solid depth on girls side for ECNL / ECRL and quality coaches. They play tough against everyone up and down the table.


Last edited by Deuce on 21/12/20, 09:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 2685
Join date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 21/12/20, 01:38 am

LongBall wrote:I there are two very easy fixes for significantly improving league quality.

1. Replace Celtic with Energy.
2. Replace Sting Royal with Solar RL.


If Celtic can't attract the top girls in OKC, bring in the club that can. Energy isn't great, but it's better than the current wasted weekend of games vs Celtic.

After Solar's DA teams joined the ECNL league, Solar's ECNL teams from lastly year should never have received the boot to RL to make room for the formation of Sting Royal. Fix it.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 325
Points : 2262
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by smugrr on 21/12/20, 09:53 am

Obviously nothing is going to happen until next summer but it does appear ECNL is going to have to think about the Sting two teams situation and who is going to represent OKC in the league next year.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 304
Points : 1840
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 21/12/20, 11:50 pm

Deuce wrote:Not all that surprising. DKSC has solid depth on girls side for ECNL / ECRL and quality coaches. They play tough against everyone up and down the table.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 325
Points : 2262
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by LongBall on 03/01/21, 01:16 am

smugrr wrote:Obviously nothing is going to happen until next summer but it does appear ECNL is going to have to think about the Sting two teams situation and who is going to represent OKC in the league next year.

Very unlikely anything will change. There is no money to be made by changing, and the good ol boys club likes things just like they are.

LongBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 111
Join date : 2020-10-13

Back to top Go down

Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020 Empty Re: Texas ECNL Overall Club Rankings Fall 2020

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum