North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

OK Coaches Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

OK Coaches

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OK Coaches Empty OK Coaches

Post by Soccer Junkie 28/07/11, 08:26 am

Let us know where you are taking your teams to play this fall???
Soccer Junkie
Soccer Junkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

OK Coaches Empty Re: OK Coaches

Post by Guest 28/07/11, 09:47 am

Soccer Junkie wrote:Let us know where you are taking your teams to play this fall???

Why are you concerned with where the Oklahoma coaches are taking their teams?

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 01/08/11, 08:05 am

OK Texans 03' Amos headed down to Plano on labor day. Bringing a little more depth this time. Not sure what else at this point. We will be participating in the Blitz United Under Armour Invitation locally which Solar has brought teams up to in the past. Also looking at the Norman OSC Classic cup in the OKC area.

Looking forward to 11 v 11 this Spring already. I would like to see our coach pull us from local leagues next Spring and play in a North Dallas league where we travel down every two weekends for double headers. It will push us and make our girls much stronger in the long run. We'll see what happens....

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/08/11, 07:41 pm

Are you guy's the top 03' team in OKC and Tulsa?

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 04/08/11, 12:08 am

Txsoccer wrote:Are you guy's the top 03' team in OKC and Tulsa?

They are the top '03 team in their area. Maybe even Oklahoma. They can compete with DFW '03 teams except for Samba, DTS and SRSA. This is just my opinion. Jamestren can chime in with his thoughts.

SRSA will be competing in the '03 division for the Plano Labor Day tourney.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 06/08/11, 09:21 am

In the Tulsa area, there are 3-4 02' teams that are on par or better -- but no 03' teams even close. We haven't played everyone on the West side of the state yet, but I can't imagine there are any better....

SRSA, Samba, DTS are all a step ahead though (Samba smacked us pretty good). We dominated Juve Black, but tied the game. We beat Solar Kennington by 4-5 goals. We have had some roster movement this summer (for the better), so we'll see see if we can close the gap at all. In fact, we play DTS in a friendly tomorrow morning, so we'll see how that goes (although its 110 degress on a dead field, so it may not be pretty on either side).....

We just want to try to keep up with you guys, not gunning to be the best. Will be interesting to see if they put us in gold or silver for Plano. We should do very well in Silver, but Gold will be rough on us (we have four new girls as of two weeks ago that we need to integrate)...

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/11, 10:46 am

jamestren wrote:In the Tulsa area, there are 3-4 02' teams that are on par or better -- but no 03' teams even close. We haven't played everyone on the West side of the state yet, but I can't imagine there are any better....

SRSA, Samba, DTS are all a step ahead though (Samba smacked us pretty good). We dominated Juve Black, but tied the game. We beat Solar Kennington by 4-5 goals. We have had some roster movement this summer (for the better), so we'll see see if we can close the gap at all. In fact, we play DTS in a friendly tomorrow morning, so we'll see how that goes (although its 110 degress on a dead field, so it may not be pretty on either side).....

We just want to try to keep up with you guys, not gunning to be the best. Will be interesting to see if they put us in gold or silver for Plano. We should do very well in Silver, but Gold will be rough on us (we have four new girls as of two weeks ago that we need to integrate)...

That's cool, i was just curious how you guy's stacked up in OK. I saw you guy's play in the primetime tourny and i thought you guy's didn't look bad at all. Your at a unfair advantage with us in the Metroplex have twice the kids to pull from, but over all you guys looked pretty good.

As for this weekend alot of us 03'& 02' parents backed out on going up there so you have a hodge podge of 03' & 02' playing. It will be more than likely our 03's scoring anyways Smile before people start crying foul.

But i know we are in that Labor Day tourny so then we can play a straight up 03' games, hopefully yall will request being put in gold with all of us. Cause in silver yall will prolly run away with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 06/08/11, 01:06 pm

Yeah, just heard we will be playing a mixed team... Oh well.. This early in the season, it's good to just get some work in. We actually need some more high pressure games to get the new players really clicking. Should be good.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/11, 06:29 pm

There is only 3 02' playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 07/08/11, 01:19 pm

Txsoccer wrote:There is only 3 02' playing.

It was a good game for about 45 minutes. We were playing 30 minute halves, and it became painfully obvious at the end that we aren't conditioned yet. 1-0 at half. 3-1 at 50 minute mark. First half truly a was 50/50 game. Next 15 minutes we were on our heels. Last 15 minutes, we were literally standing still (final was 4-1 or 5-1). All in all, our new players played well (four new girls playing with us for the first time), but positioning was rough. Good early season warm up. My DD didn't create enough shots. She scored the one, but would have had 2-3 if she would decide to shoot about 2 seconds earlier.

Now to see if we can get the girls conditioned better before Plano. Thanks for coming up and playing. Hopefully we'll see you down at Plano.... Take it easy on us next time Wink

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 08/08/11, 02:03 pm

jamestren wrote:
Txsoccer wrote:There is only 3 02' playing.

It was a good game for about 45 minutes. We were playing 30 minute halves, and it became painfully obvious at the end that we aren't conditioned yet. 1-0 at half. 3-1 at 50 minute mark. First half truly a was 50/50 game. Next 15 minutes we were on our heels. Last 15 minutes, we were literally standing still (final was 4-1 or 5-1). All in all, our new players played well (four new girls playing with us for the first time), but positioning was rough. Good early season warm up. My DD didn't create enough shots. She scored the one, but would have had 2-3 if she would decide to shoot about 2 seconds earlier.

Now to see if we can get the girls conditioned better before Plano. Thanks for coming up and playing. Hopefully we'll see you down at Plano.... Take it easy on us next time Wink

I think 5-1 was taking it easy.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 08/08/11, 02:33 pm

jj4mel wrote:I think 5-1 was taking it easy.

Like I said, very good game for 40-50 minutes. Anyone on either sideline would say at halftime it was a 50/50 game. My biggest question is whether the 02's that played were any good, and if they were missing a lot of the 03's that were top players?? There was nothing we saw that scared us too much. For 30 minutes (first half), both teams struggled to get off a clean shot (goal keepers on both sides pretty bored) - which is saying something as we were missing our top defender and playing a bunch of new girls for the first time. Don't get me wrong, they are a great team -- but if those players are the ones on the top team, then the gap is smaller than I thought. On the other hand, if they were missing their top 3-4 players and all of the 02's were B team players, then that would explain it.

Just my honest assessment. Maybe next time it's 10-1 and the separation is a little clearer.

That being said, I am grateful for the chance to play strong 03 teams at all. I would take a good game against a great team every week over the competition here in Tulsa. I think you guys needs to take a day trip up 75 so we can get some more good work in Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 08/08/11, 03:06 pm

jamestren wrote:

Like I said, very good game for 40-50 minutes. Anyone on either sideline would say at halftime it was a 50/50 game. My biggest question is whether the 02's that played were any good, and if they were missing a lot of the 03's that were top players?? There was nothing we saw that scared us too much. For 30 minutes (first half), both teams struggled to get off a clean shot (goal keepers on both sides pretty bored) - which is saying something as we were missing our top defender and playing a bunch of new girls for the first time. Don't get me wrong, they are a great team -- but if those players are the ones on the top team, then the gap is smaller than I thought. On the other hand, if they were missing their top 3-4 players and all of the 02's were B team players, then that would explain it.

Just my honest assessment. Maybe next time it's 10-1 and the separation is a little clearer.

That being said, I am grateful for the chance to play strong 03 teams at all. I would take a good game against a great team every week over the competition here in Tulsa. I think you guys needs to take a day trip up 75 so we can get some more good work in Smile

If we had better temps this Summer it would be great to travel up there for some friendlies. Just not worth it in this heat.

Just ask your coach to put your team in the Gold division at the Plano Labor Day tourney. You will get a chance to play all the top teams. Including the full '03 DT South team. They are a tough group of girls.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 08/08/11, 05:20 pm

Tough call because we know that gap exists. We want to play the best, but the girls also need to experience success down there. I think we would be hard to beat in Silver, with almost no chance of winning gold. I say play the best to be the best, even if you lose a few teeth along the way. Not everyone sees it my way though. Smile. We'll see what Plano does. We chose category 2, gold/silver. Will see where they slot.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 08/08/11, 05:40 pm

jamestren wrote:Tough call because we know that gap exists. We want to play the best, but the girls also need to experience success down there. I think we would be hard to beat in Silver, with almost no chance of winning gold. I say play the best to be the best, even if you lose a few teeth along the way. Not everyone sees it my way though. Smile. We'll see what Plano does. We chose category 2, gold/silver. Will see where they slot.

Either way, it is always nice to get the Oklahoma teams down here. See you then!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/08/11, 08:32 pm

jamestren wrote:

Maybe you didn't realize that they had a game just 1hr before yours lol plus only bringing 10 girls id say they did a pretty good whooping up there. Plus i heard you guy's had a army of subs flowing off the bench with your coach wasting time by subbing every 5min. Smart for the coach to do that, but dont act like you hung with our girls with a 5-1 loss when we had just played 1hr before they played you guys, i can assure with our full 03' roster the outcome would be the same.Scoring 24 goals and giving up 3 in 4 games say's they handled buisness up there with the back up players starting.

But from what iv'e heard there was some serious Hometowning through the whole tourny, that went on against our girls but you can tell those OKie reff's it wont detour us from comming back Smile But we had about 4 to 5 starters that didn't come up to OK from the 03', but it doesn't matter our girls that came handled business obviously 1 of girls had 2 hat tricks and scored 8 goals up there and she comes the bench down her and started up there.

Im pretty sure jj4mel can verify that we don't need our 02's to help us compete.

Not trying to stir up drama i just want to make sure we are both on the same page as for this weekend.

Short story how that Thursday nite transpired before we had to send a team up there took place, the tourny director called crying cause our 02' & 03' backed out that week, then our coach went scrambling to put 10 girls together on whoever could come to play up there and it just ended up being only 7 03' and 3 02' parents responding back so there was no HAND PICKED girls that went up there.

Sorry i had Fc Barca vs Club AA and damn good seats that i wasnt missing out on, so we stayed.

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 08/08/11, 10:24 pm

That's an awful lot of bitching and moaning from a team that won. That "flow of subs" was WAY more of a detrement than help for us. Our top 10 would easily be a stronger team. The subs were to let new players (and extras) get an idea of a tough game under pressure. My DD, who scores a chunk of our goals, barely played half the game. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and conceded you were the better team, and you come out whining about bad refs and us slowing the game down. Way to be classy. Makes me glad we're affiliated with a top notch group down there. I hope Samba and SRSA kick your tail at Plano.

PS- everyone put up 12+ goals on that awful team from Canadian Valley, and our 02 girls team lost like 4 players the week before the scrimmages and we can beat them, so whatever that final tally was isnt "that" impressive Don't trip over that ego on the way out the door. No matter how bad ass you think you are, there is ALWAYS someone better

Pss- I am in no way affiliated with the club. Just a parent. Do don't go get all pissy about the OK Texans club.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 09/08/11, 11:45 am

jamestren wrote:That's an awful lot of bitching and moaning from a team that won. That "flow of subs" was WAY more of a detrement than help for us. Our top 10 would easily be a stronger team. The subs were to let new players (and extras) get an idea of a tough game under pressure. My DD, who scores a chunk of our goals, barely played half the game. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and conceded you were the better team, and you come out whining about bad refs and us slowing the game down. Way to be classy. Makes me glad we're affiliated with a top notch group down there. I hope Samba and SRSA kick your tail at Plano. PS- everyone put up 12+ goals on that awful team from Canadian Valley, and our 02 girls team lost like 4 players the week before the scrimmages and we can beat them, so whatever that final tally was isnt "that" impressive Don't trip over that ego on the way out the door. No matter how bad ass you think you are, there is ALWAYS someone better

Pss- I am in no way affiliated with the club. Just a parent. Do don't go get all pissy about the OK Texans club.

Me too!! Never happens, all games are close, but it would be a great start to the season!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by footballer 09/08/11, 11:56 am

if the rumors I have heard are true I think SRSA will be kicking everyone's tail again this year all the way up to the top 02's. that is as long as they can integrate their new talent. will be interesting to see if samba and south can keep up.

and hey oklahoma, get a clue, you're so far behind its not even funny but keep showing up, you're getting better.

footballer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beester 09/08/11, 12:16 pm

footballer wrote:if the rumors I have heard are true I think SRSA will be kicking everyone's tail again this year all the way up to the top 02's. that is as long as they can integrate their new talent. will be interesting to see if samba and south can keep up.

and hey oklahoma, get a clue, you're so far behind its not even funny but keep showing up, you're getting better.

Spill the beans!

What are the rumors?

Beester
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by footballer 09/08/11, 01:15 pm

heard some players were switching around between some of the top teams. I'll believe it when I see them on the field wearing the jerseys. can't imagine anyone being able to crack the SRSA starting lineup though.

footballer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 09/08/11, 01:40 pm

footballer wrote:heard some players were switching around between some of the top teams. I'll believe it when I see them on the field wearing the jerseys. can't imagine anyone being able to crack the SRSA starting lineup though.

SRSA picked up a few players to fill in our remaining roster spots. We needed to round out our roster to 14 so we could compete at 11v11. We have some very talented new girls and I too can't wait to see them in the SRSA jersey.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/11, 03:41 pm

jamestren wrote:That's an awful lot of bitching and moaning from a team that won. That "flow of subs" was WAY more of a detrement than help for us. Our top 10 would easily be a stronger team. The subs were to let new players (and extras) get an idea of a tough game under pressure. My DD, who scores a chunk of our goals, barely played half the game. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and conceded you were the better team, and you come out whining about bad refs and us slowing the game down. Way to be classy. Makes me glad we're affiliated with a top notch group down there. I hope Samba and SRSA kick your tail at Plano.

PS- everyone put up 12+ goals on that awful team from Canadian Valley, and our 02 girls team lost like 4 players the week before the scrimmages and we can beat them, so whatever that final tally was isnt "that" impressive Don't trip over that ego on the way out the door. No matter how bad ass you think you are, there is ALWAYS someone better

I don't even feel like argueing with you now that iv'e seen "SRSA" stacking the deck on the rest of us, now my dd ride home from plano after a SRSA match will seem like a eternity now for her Smile j/k

Pssssssss: Im no way affiliated with this team too other than a parent. Hopefully we can be friends and not start a Red River Shootout hahahha.

Pssssssssssssssss: We will see you in Plano Inv.

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 09/08/11, 04:37 pm

I believe many questions can be answered after the Plano Invitational. All the top teams should be there and will get an opportunity to play each other. In my opinion, the OK Texans should take the opportunity to play the top teams all at once. Then at that point they can see how they fit. Hard to say from a friendly how you rank against the best. DTS will not play well with '02s on their team because they are not used to those players. OK Texans is rusty with new additions, etc. Additionally DTS, Samba and SRSA all have different styles of play. Take the chance to experience all 3. Just my opinion.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... The Red River Shootout series sounds like a great idea for a future tourney!! May need to talk to Prime Time about that one!! afro

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 09/08/11, 04:47 pm

Boomer Sooner baby... cheers

I like the tourney idea. The only trouble is it will be us against the top 10 teams down there... Not much else coming from Oklahoma in the 03' bracket anytime soon Smile

We'll see how Plano falls... I am still not sure how they will bracket us. I am sure teams like Sting, Cosmos, Liverpool, etc will be plenty tough enough. Since that gap is so big, maybe they'll let us play down to the 04's Wink

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next