North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? - Page 3 Empty Re: OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Post by futbollove 30/08/12, 04:43 pm

Gumby wrote:Your contract may be enforcable regardless
Not true. Evil or Very Mad
And you were doing so well.

futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? - Page 3 Empty Re: OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Post by Guest 30/08/12, 04:58 pm

I said "may". I just don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/08/12, 05:08 pm

If the coach is abusive, I'd give one warning. If it happened again, I'd pull my daughter immediately. My child, my rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 30/08/12, 05:56 pm

Gumby wrote:I said "may". I just don't know.

The financial stuff may be enforceable, but you can always just leave if things are bad enough.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 30/08/12, 06:45 pm

Gumby wrote:If the coach is abusive, I'd give one warning. If it happened again, I'd pull my daughter immediately. My child, my rules.
No question! Zero tolerance policy .... Especially for girls.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccer 30/08/12, 09:38 pm

Does it really get that bad in select soccer or is it just isolated incidents.
04Soccer
04Soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/08/12, 10:20 pm

04Soccer wrote:Does it really get that bad in select soccer or is it just isolated incidents.

No, usually the coaches aren't so bad. It's the parents who do most of the backstabbling, lying, and mico-managing of their little soccer princesses. Just look at the success of this forum for proof.

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 30/08/12, 11:19 pm

Xara wrote:
04Soccer wrote:Does it really get that bad in select soccer or is it just isolated incidents.

No, usually the coaches aren't so bad. It's the parents who do most of the backstabbling, lying, and mico-managing of their little soccer princesses. Just look at the success of this forum for proof.

No joke.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 31/08/12, 09:40 am

wolf2.0 wrote:
Xara wrote:

No joke.

I concur...there will always be a few Screaming Coaches - we have been in the past on one of those teams.... could not wait to bail for a better environment. But definitely the parents are flat out crazy. What a Face affraid Suspect

I have been field marshal a few times (must be because of my girly figure) and it still amazes me that parent will go on the other teams side of the field and open thier mouths over and over about the play of thier kid, or the refs calls...you can just watch the tension build through out the game and if it is tied or a 1 goal match to the end watchout.... anything is possible.

The good news is that during the anxiety you are actually burning more calories!!!!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 31/08/12, 10:00 am

There has always been a fair share of over-the-top, over-involved parents, but I believe the recent crop takes the prize.

I've had the "pleasure" of spending some time at one of the indoor venues over the past few months and seeing some academy teams train. In many cases, entire families attend practice (isn't there something else the rest of the family could be doing?) And in more cases than I thought possible, the parents are actually coaching, yelling and prodding.....during PRACTICE!!!!

When my dd recently went to my gd's kindergarten orientation, they were told you could only come eat lunch with your child a certain number of times per month and you could never hand-feed them!!!! My dd laughed and thought "is this rule really necessary?". I'm thinking now maybe it is.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/08/12, 10:14 am

[quote="Gunner9"]There has always been a fair share of over-the-top, over-involved parents, but I believe the recent crop takes the prize.

I've had the "pleasure" of spending some time at one of the indoor venues over the past few months and seeing some academy teams train. In many cases, entire families attend practice (isn't there something else the rest of the family could be doing?) And in more cases than I thought possible, the parents are actually coaching, yelling and prodding.....during PRACTICE!!!!

When my dd recently went to my gd's kindergarten orientation, they were told you could only come eat lunch with your child a certain number of times per month and you could never hand-feed them!!!! My dd laughed and thought "is this rule really necessary?". I'm thinking now maybe.

Every situation is different.

Last edited by soccerobsessed on 31/08/12, 03:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SSounders12 31/08/12, 02:12 pm

soccerobsessed wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:There has always been a fair share of over-the-top, over-involved parents, but I believe the recent crop takes the prize.

When my dd recently went to my gd's kindergarten orientation, they were told you could only come eat lunch with your child a certain number of times per month and you could never hand-feed them!!!! My dd laughed and thought "is this rule really necessary?". I'm thinking now maybe it is.

LOL Love this!

Our situation is not as we expected. Coach has not lived up to what he said. BUT, I am trying to take a step back and look at the whole picture. My dd seems happy with the team and the way things are...as long as the coach isn't abusive or I don't see her confidence waning, I am going to try to deal with my own disappointment as quietly as possible and swallow my pride a bit...and not let my negativity affect my dd's feelings about what is going on. I hope we can make it through the year this way, if not, after the fall season we may just take the rec release and give her a breather to work on skills...guest play a bit and try to do a little more due diligence when selecting a coach/club next year.

Interesting. How has the Coach NOT lived up to what he has said? Promised Position? I can't imagine what else it could be without season in full affect.
I know our Coach has talked to us personally and mentioned things but i haven't resolved to disappointment yet. I think i'll wait until a few games in.
SSounders12
SSounders12
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 31/08/12, 03:07 pm

futbollove wrote:
Gumby wrote:Your contract may be enforcable regardless
Not true. Evil or Very Mad
And you were doing so well.

The contract as zero legal teeth - financial or otherwise. The coaches just use the contracts to keep their spot in the system (which is terrible but that's another subject). If your player wants to stay in the system they have to work to get around the contacts but it is doable. Also, note the dues are not part of the system, you can skip out on paying multiple clubs and still be elegible to play and find a team....probably with little effort even if it is known you skipped out previously.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.txsoccer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 01/09/12, 10:42 am

SSounders12 wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:There has always been a fair share of over-the-top, over-involved parents, but I believe the recent crop takes the prize.

LOL Love this!

Our situation is not as we expected. Coach has not lived up to what he said. BUT, I am trying to take a step back and look at the whole picture. My dd seems happy with the team and the way things are...as long as the coach isn't abusive or I don't see her confidence waning, I am going to try to deal with my own disappointment as quietly as possible and swallow my pride a bit...and not let my negativity affect my dd's feelings about what is going on. I hope we can make it through the year this way, if not, after the fall season we may just take the rec release and give her a breather to work on skills...guest play a bit and try to do a little more due diligence when selecting a coach/club next year.

Interesting. How has the Coach NOT lived up to what he has said? Promised Position? I can't imagine what else it could be without season in full affect.
I know our Coach has talked to us personally and mentioned things but i haven't resolved to disappointment yet. I think i'll wait until a few games in.
Our coach has a written assessments going over every aspect of the players situation, from players skills, positioning, team player, headup play, physical fitness, cardio to core, on time attendance to practices and games, etc. Must be ~25 items or soin it, but he always starts and finishes with a coversation 1-1 with the players to see if they are really having fun.... we have been on a few teams now and I can not imagine anything better now that I know how it should be done (love the structure - you know what your going to get like it or not). Winning clearly helps as well, but the journey, the journey is really great! I think you must know already if that is possible or not already with this team - set out a plan that will focus on your DD's fun first, family balance, and a good challenge for her.

Sorry rambling....I could go on.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thesoccerman 19/09/12, 01:11 pm

Is PSA league considered recreational soccer ?
thesoccerman
thesoccerman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 19/09/12, 01:25 pm

thesoccerman wrote:Is PSA league considered recreational soccer ?
Only on Tuesdays.
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 19/09/12, 01:28 pm

If you feel that your DD's coach has lied then challenge him to a fight at halftime of the next game. That will show you what your coach is made of!
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thesoccerman 19/09/12, 01:45 pm

No, we're thinking about walking too. DD has a friend who plays on a PSA team who she really wanted to play with anyway. Don't want to go to the hassle of confronting another coach on the same club, thus if we could just play REC without any hassle and PSA is considered Rec, that would probably be the way we'd go...

Again, IS PSA play considered REC soccer ?
thesoccerman
thesoccerman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/09/12, 01:57 pm

thesoccerman wrote:No, we're thinking about walking too. DD has a friend who plays on a PSA team who she really wanted to play with anyway. Don't want to go to the hassle of confronting another coach on the same club, thus if we could just play REC without any hassle and PSA is considered Rec, that would probably be the way we'd go...

Again, IS PSA play considered REC soccer ?

Is your question regarding the quality of play in PSA or is your question regarding the "official" classification of PSA as it pertains to NTSSA and getting a "Rec" release from NTSSA?

If it is the latter, to my knowledge, PSA is not sanctioned by NTSSA, and thus operates outside of NTSSA control, so you can play in PSA regardless of whether you are considered a "Rec" player or "Competitive" player in NTSSA.

If your question is regarding the quality of play/competition in PSA, I'm sure you'll get different opinions from different people, but at best, it's probably on the level of PPL or lower.

Back to top Go down

Post by thesoccerman 19/09/12, 02:27 pm

No, my DD could care less about the quality of play, as playing soccer with her friends again is what she wants more than any glory associated with being on a D1 team, as the pressure associated with that level of play has quickly upped the ante to the point it become almost unbearable to have to put up with. I can't believe I paid money for us to be subjected to the verbal and mental onslaught that comes with the importance D1 soccer holds over everyone's heads as being dear and sacred. After all, If they'd been honest with me, I'd never signed the damn thing, muchless given them a check for what I did. God,was I blinded, er mislead by the light.
thesoccerman
thesoccerman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 19/09/12, 05:17 pm

damien's shadow wrote:
Blank77 wrote:I said nothing about going to church or anything about my religious views, just said the argument of one bad sunday school teacher was a terrible point. You can pick out one bad apple in everything everywhere. That being said, I do pray to the baby jesus!

It isn't working, praying that is...you still are a horrible excuse for a human being. FOURTEEN!!!!
Joan of Arc was 12 when she had her first vision. By 16 she was leading the French army. Anne Frank wrote most of her diary when she was 14. One Christian one Jewish. Both history makers. 14 yr old atheists ain't done 'hit!
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 19/09/12, 05:38 pm

thesoccerman wrote:No, my DD could care less about the quality of play, as playing soccer with her friends again is what she wants more than any glory associated with being on a D1 team, as the pressure associated with that level of play has quickly upped the ante to the point it become almost unbearable to have to put up with. I can't believe I paid money for us to be subjected to the verbal and mental onslaught that comes with the importance D1 soccer holds over everyone's heads as being dear and sacred. After all, If they'd been honest with me, I'd never signed the damn thing, muchless given them a check for what I did. God,was I blinded, er mislead by the light.
Stay focused on the fun for your DD, isolate the crap out, the journey and experiences are what is important. If she is a weaker player and you want her to stay with her current team (firends) long-term you need to decide if the extra investment is worth it... BTW- it is! Again, you can make it a great experience for her and your family despite all the BS!!!!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3