North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Moral Delimma  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15030 registered users
The newest registered user is Bsunccgrd

Our users have posted a total of 203376 messages in 30802 subjects

Moral Delimma

Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Moral Delimma

Post by SoccerCoaches 07/11/11, 09:01 pm

What should I do?
Without going into too much detail, I just found out that someone connected to my daughters team is secretly causing major problems within our team using an alias on this board. Some of the parents that found out about this fraud want him gone. I would hate to see my daughters team get torn apart by this person.
Should I call him out?

SoccerCoaches
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 3616
Join date : 2011-11-07

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by Ads 07/11/11, 09:21 pm

I think first of all you should get solid facts that it is the person that you think it is hiding behind the alias, second I think you should maybe ask the other parents on the team this question as it is not going to affect the people who post on here, It is going to affect your teams parents.
Just my opinion!

Ads
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 3758
Join date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by It Is No Longer Me 07/11/11, 09:24 pm

Give us more details...what age group, what team, what coach, what is the alias.....we can help.
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 3986
Join date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by Type 1 left-footer 07/11/11, 09:27 pm

It Is No Longer Me wrote:Give us more details...what age group, what team, what coach, what is the alias.....we can help.

yep give us the details Shocked
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 5811
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by go99 07/11/11, 09:51 pm

sounds like you team is already done for. A bunch of busy body parents who think they control the team and who is on it. That is the coaches job not the parents. If you don't like what is being said on the boards about your team you should stop logging on to read it. It will get much worse as this is an opinion forum. If you have a problem with what the person said, take it directly to them.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 7132
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by ralfdallas 07/11/11, 09:59 pm

The roster of your 05's team will change many times over the next 4-5 years. If one jackass on the forum can 'tear the team apart', your group isn't destined for longevity, anyway.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1286
Points : 5995
Join date : 2009-05-13
Location : Climbing gym or soccer field

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by It Is No Longer Me 07/11/11, 10:05 pm

Ok...we have established this is an 05 team...got it. What other juicy details?
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 3986
Join date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by Type 1 left-footer 07/11/11, 10:17 pm

It Is No Longer Me wrote:Ok...we have established this is an 05 team...got it. What other juicy details?
cyclops
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 5811
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by SoccerCoaches 07/11/11, 11:00 pm

go99 wrote:sounds like you team is already done for. A bunch of busy body parents who think they control the team and who is on it. That is the coaches job not the parents. If you don't like what is being said on the boards about your team you should stop logging on to read it. It will get much worse as this is an opinion forum. If you have a problem with what the person said, take it directly to them.

So without knowing any facts, you want to call our parents a bunch of busy bodies?
Did this hit close to home? Did you think I was talking about you or your team? The way you came out swinging tells me that you thought you were about to be called out. Don't worry, I don't even know who you are.
I went back and looked at some of your posts and see that you are with a Liverpool Dalglish 04 team. I hope the rest of your parents aren't as classless as you are. I'll go ahead and chalk your team up as one to stay far away from.

And you are wrong. It's not the coaches job to manage a bunch of grown adults. Coaches have too many headaches already. Parents should be able to police themselves. This isn't just a matter of someone posting their opinions on a forum. It goes a lot deeper than that. All it takes is one cancer on a team to ruin it for everyone. The bottom line is that some people just enjoy constantly creating drama and will not stop until they are publicly exposed. We have solid facts.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the kids I know in academy have only played with one or two teams unless there was a team merger or other unavoidable circumstance. I don't know of any parents that want to play for 4 or 5 teams while they are in academy, although I realize that there are some that actually do.

SoccerCoaches
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 3616
Join date : 2011-11-07

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by Ads 07/11/11, 11:22 pm

Thats good that you have solid facts then take care of it on a personal level if it's causing problems on your kids team then I dont see how calling them out on here would benefit you or the team. Sounds like a personal problem to me. I think what go99 was trying to say is that it's the coaches job to control the team and who is on it, not control the parents. If you think that exposing him or her is the right thing to do then by all means do it, stop stalling
Just my opinion!

Ads
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 3758
Join date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by futbollove 08/11/11, 12:03 am

It Is No Longer Me wrote:Give us more details...what age group, what team, what coach, what is the alias.....we can help.

chirp, chirp, chirp
silent silent silent
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 4401
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by justsayin02 08/11/11, 12:44 am

Your topic caught my attention so I thought I would read through it. Having a 20yr old I have been through all this before and now I have an 02 that has played academy soccer for a couple of years now. Your parents need to understand, I think you do, based on your previous posts, that there are a lot of jerks on this forum, not as many as there are good people but there are some that think it is funny to hi-jack threads and to start problems if they can. Anyway, this forum can not, because of all the aliases be taken too serious, so you must confront in person not on the forum. If you confront on forum, as entertaining as it may be to others, you will be feeding into the chaos that he intended to start.

I am a manager of an academy team and on our academy team as well as all the others I have been involved with; if you have a problem with anything other than YOUR daughters play on the field then you should take it up with the manager, if it needs to go further then he or she will tell you to go to coach or take it there themselves. Unless your coach tells you otherwise, the manager is there to help the coach handle everything but coaching situations. Alhough many coaches will tell you they have an open door policy; if your coach is busy dealing with problems with other parents or sideline bickering, then he isnt coaching your kid. Personally, I would have a problem with the parent that is taking up too much time from my coach coaching my kid. This type of situation is just a cancer on the sidelines. If you are unable to discuss this with the person of whom you are speaking of, in a calm and rational manner then you should discuss it with the manager, and it is his or her job to step up. As a manager, in this type of situation, I may ask my coach how to handle the problem, but at least it is not 14 other parents trying to get coaches attention about same issue. Many managers and parents do not seem to understand that often managers are there for more than just paperwork. They are responsible for detecting such problems as what you are speaking of, and trying to "nip it in the bud" if at all possible. We are not the boss of anyone but we are to be a conduit to get things done more efficiently, whether it be paperwork, welcoming new families, passing on coaches, leagues and club instructions and even handling breakdowns on the sidelines. However, this is all things that are done OFF the forum.

**as much as we all sort of want to peak through our fingers at the train wreck that may about to happen you shouldnt let us!**

This is just how I see, I went through the ringer once and I am back again, so it isnt all that bad. Wink

justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 4213
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by coachr 08/11/11, 04:08 am

SoccerCoaches wrote:What should I do?
Without going into too much detail, I just found out that someone connected to my daughters team is secretly causing major problems within our team using an alias on this board. Some of the parents that found out about this fraud want him gone. I would hate to see my daughters team get torn apart by this person.
Should I call him out?
Is this person trying to break up the team or get players removed in order to bring others in via this forum? Those are the only two things I can think of that would be a real issue. Maybe you should check your mesh.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 989
Points : 4887
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by coachr 08/11/11, 04:14 am

justsayin02 wrote:Your topic caught my attention so I thought I would read through it. Having a 20yr old I have been through all this before and now I have an 02 that has played academy soccer for a couple of years now. Your parents need to understand, I think you do, based on your previous posts, that there are a lot of jerks on this forum, not as many as there are good people but there are some that think it is funny to hi-jack threads and to start problems if they can. Anyway, this forum can not, because of all the aliases be taken too serious, so you must confront in person not on the forum. If you confront on forum, as entertaining as it may be to others, you will be feeding into the chaos that he intended to start.

I am a manager of an academy team and on our academy team as well as all the others I have been involved with; if you have a problem with anything other than YOUR daughters play on the field then you should take it up with the manager, if it needs to go further then he or she will tell you to go to coach or take it there themselves. Unless your coach tells you otherwise, the manager is there to help the coach handle everything but coaching situations. Alhough many coaches will tell you they have an open door policy; if your coach is busy dealing with problems with other parents or sideline bickering, then he isnt coaching your kid. Personally, I would have a problem with the parent that is taking up too much time from my coach coaching my kid. This type of situation is just a cancer on the sidelines. If you are unable to discuss this with the person of whom you are speaking of, in a calm and rational manner then you should discuss it with the manager, and it is his or her job to step up. As a manager, in this type of situation, I may ask my coach how to handle the problem, but at least it is not 14 other parents trying to get coaches attention about same issue. Many managers and parents do not seem to understand that often managers are there for more than just paperwork. They are responsible for detecting such problems as what you are speaking of, and trying to "nip it in the bud" if at all possible. We are not the boss of anyone but we are to be a conduit to get things done more efficiently, whether it be paperwork, welcoming new families, passing on coaches, leagues and club instructions and even handling breakdowns on the sidelines. However, this is all things that are done OFF the forum.

**as much as we all sort of want to peak through our fingers at the train wreck that may about to happen you shouldnt let us!**

This is just how I see, I went through the ringer once and I am back again, so it isnt all that bad. Wink

I think what that thesis was trying to say is don't worry be happy.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 989
Points : 4887
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by justsayin02 08/11/11, 07:44 am

Thanks Coach I always have problems summarizing! Wink
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 4213
Join date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by nukem 08/11/11, 07:49 am

It Is No Longer Me wrote:Give us more details...what age group, what team, what coach, what is the alias.....we can help.

it is the 05 section genius, what age group do you think it is Very Happy
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 904
Points : 5093
Join date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by my2cents 08/11/11, 07:50 am

SoccerCoaches wrote:
go99 wrote:sounds like you team is already done for. A bunch of busy body parents who think they control the team and who is on it. That is the coaches job not the parents. If you don't like what is being said on the boards about your team you should stop logging on to read it. It will get much worse as this is an opinion forum. If you have a problem with what the person said, take it directly to them.

So without knowing any facts, you want to call our parents a bunch of busy bodies?
Did this hit close to home? Did you think I was talking about you or your team? The way you came out swinging tells me that you thought you were about to be called out. Don't worry, I don't even know who you are.
I went back and looked at some of your posts and see that you are with a Liverpool Dalglish 04 team. I hope the rest of your parents aren't as classless as you are. I'll go ahead and chalk your team up as one to stay far away from.

And you are wrong. It's not the coaches job to manage a bunch of grown adults. Coaches have too many headaches already. Parents should be able to police themselves. This isn't just a matter of someone posting their opinions on a forum. It goes a lot deeper than that. All it takes is one cancer on a team to ruin it for everyone. The bottom line is that some people just enjoy constantly creating drama and will not stop until they are publicly exposed. We have solid facts.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the kids I know in academy have only played with one or two teams unless there was a team merger or other unavoidable circumstance. I don't know of any parents that want to play for 4 or 5 teams while they are in academy, although I realize that there are some that actually do.

Many if not most of the time there will always be that one or two parents that are not happy and want company in their misery. You give it life by acknowledging it. As a group ignore them and they usually quiet down or leave the team. Give them an interactive audience and the drama takes a life of its own and takes over. Don't let the agitator push your buttons.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 278
Points : 4212
Join date : 2010-12-21

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by go99 08/11/11, 08:13 am

So without knowing any facts, you want to call our parents a bunch of busy bodies?
Did this hit close to home? Did you think I was talking about you or your team? The way you came out swinging tells me that you thought you were about to be called out. Don't worry, I don't even know who you are.
I went back and looked at some of your posts and see that you are with a Liverpool Dalglish 04 team. I hope the rest of your parents aren't as classless as you are. I'll go ahead and chalk your team up as one to stay far away from.

And you are wrong. It's not the coaches job to manage a bunch of grown adults. Coaches have too many headaches already. Parents should be able to police themselves. This isn't just a matter of someone posting their opinions on a forum. It goes a lot deeper than that. All it takes is one cancer on a team to ruin it for everyone. The bottom line is that some people just enjoy constantly creating drama and will not stop until they are publicly exposed. We have solid facts.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the kids I know in academy have only played with one or two teams unless there was a team merger or other unavoidable circumstance. I don't know of any parents that want to play for 4 or 5 teams while they are in academy, although I realize that there are some that actually do.[/quote]

Didn't hit close to home at all but definitely seem to hit close to you. Yep a busy body. You have nothing better to do than go back and research my old post. And speaking of classless, it's not me conspiring with other parents to get a 6/7 yr old kicked off a team because I disagree/ don't like the parent. Instead of the rumors, sideline gossip, and internet postings the parents should be focused on what is being taught by the coach and how their own kid is developing. So to summerize, check the pic. I am an a$%hole not a busy body or sombody who gets shaken by what's posted on an anonymous forum.

go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 7132
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by It Is No Longer Me 08/11/11, 09:34 am

nukem wrote:
It Is No Longer Me wrote:Give us more details...what age group, what team, what coach, what is the alias.....we can help.

it is the 05 section genius, what age group do you think it is Very Happy

Right...I missed that since I went through the latest topic link and not the 05 section....thanks for your guidance, and your compliment. cheers
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 3986
Join date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by nukem 08/11/11, 09:38 am

It Is No Longer Me wrote:
nukem wrote:
It Is No Longer Me wrote:Give us more details...what age group, what team, what coach, what is the alias.....we can help.

it is the 05 section genius, what age group do you think it is Very Happy

Right...I missed that since I went through the latest topic link and not the 05 section....thanks for your guidance, and your compliment. cheers

That's what friends are for pirat
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 904
Points : 5093
Join date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by nukem 08/11/11, 09:39 am

go99 wrote:So without knowing any facts, you want to call our parents a bunch of busy bodies?
Did this hit close to home? Did you think I was talking about you or your team? The way you came out swinging tells me that you thought you were about to be called out. Don't worry, I don't even know who you are.
I went back and looked at some of your posts and see that you are with a Liverpool Dalglish 04 team. I hope the rest of your parents aren't as classless as you are. I'll go ahead and chalk your team up as one to stay far away from.

And you are wrong. It's not the coaches job to manage a bunch of grown adults. Coaches have too many headaches already. Parents should be able to police themselves. This isn't just a matter of someone posting their opinions on a forum. It goes a lot deeper than that. All it takes is one cancer on a team to ruin it for everyone. The bottom line is that some people just enjoy constantly creating drama and will not stop until they are publicly exposed. We have solid facts.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the kids I know in academy have only played with one or two teams unless there was a team merger or other unavoidable circumstance. I don't know of any parents that want to play for 4 or 5 teams while they are in academy, although I realize that there are some that actually do.

Didn't hit close to home at all but definitely seem to hit close to you. Yep a busy body. You have nothing better to do than go back and research my old post. And speaking of classless, it's not me conspiring with other parents to get a 6/7 yr old kicked off a team because I disagree/ don't like the parent. Instead of the rumors, sideline gossip, and internet postings the parents should be focused on what is being taught by the coach and how their own kid is developing. So to summerize, check the pic. I am an a$%hole not a busy body or sombody who gets shaken by what's posted on an anonymous forum.

[/quote]

Now that is funny
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 904
Points : 5093
Join date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by coachr 08/11/11, 10:06 am

Are we to the wussy kumbaya hug moment yet?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 989
Points : 4887
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Moral Delimma  Empty Re: Moral Delimma

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum