Latest topics
» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 Yesterday at 10:48 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by soccertard Yesterday at 02:03 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Gunners Yesterday at 02:02 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Yesterday at 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Yesterday at 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 10:28 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Yesterday at 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Yesterday at 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar Yesterday at 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 Yesterday at 08:20 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa 17/08/17, 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal 17/08/17, 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 17/08/17, 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 17/08/17, 12:19 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 10:28 am

» FCD. #23 AM full kit +extra
by momofsoccergirls 16/08/17, 11:51 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by TxFutbal 16/08/17, 10:07 pm

» Turf Cup 3v3 Needs 2005, 2008 & 2009 Teams for This Weekend
by mexgenius 16/08/17, 02:46 pm

» D'Feeters 2010 North Team Forming
by dfeeters10north 16/08/17, 12:13 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by Foxysoccermom 16/08/17, 11:50 am

» Sting YXL game shorts - $15
by phantoms 16/08/17, 11:49 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11234 registered users
The newest registered user is eajustin

Our users have posted a total of 161563 messages in 20306 subjects

DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by ElClassico on 22/03/17, 12:58 pm

After reading a few threads discussing DA vs. ECNL and what to do with the "watering down of LH" I came up with this....eliminate Lake Highlands and go back to basically what was youth soccer originally.

At the top...DA / ECNL nothing changes with these.

1. Create a new league system that is based on where the girls live, so now they have a better chance of playing with girls they go to school with. So in theory return power back to the PPL's and APL's of the world or a better version of them.

2. Create a maximum limit on fees that's more in proportion to the level of competition and instruction received. However, tier the coach's pay based on the license level the achieve. (x for a D license, x + 10% for a C, etc) This would push them to continue their development.

3. Require coaches to have a minimum of a D license, if they can't do this the can't coach. A D license isn't that hard and the leagues could offer everything needed.

4. No CPP, Dual Rostering or any of that crap. You're either an ECNL player or not. If a situation arises that a team has an injury or something then they must pull from a team below them. This would Dribble clubs to ensure that the quality of coaching is the same from top to bottom and hopefully the girls are being taught the same systems.

5. Each city / town would have as many 10 team divisions as needed with pro / rel for the bottom 2 / top two of each division. So now FC Independent will have more opportunity to compete. Big clubs will be happy because they can create 2 or 3 teams in each city. But because there may be 10 leagues they won't be able to dominate a single league. Maybe even have a cap on the number of teams a club can have in each league, this would encourage them to spread the teams out instead of having 9 FCD teams in Frisco.

6. The top 2 or 3 teams from each town could play in a "Champions League" similar to UEFA. They'd have there league games and then participate in a regional wide CL type tournament.

7. This system should also help strengthen HS soccer in the area because the girls have played together for years and the HS coaches can "scout" easier.

8. Very large cities (Dallas) could split into N,S,E,W.

9. System would provide better access to quality coaching for all kids. Now a kid from South Dallas wouldn't have to travel 30 minutes to play for FCD or Solar.

10. Somehow, somewhere in some division there is a spot for every kid to play and receive quality coaching. Who cares if its Division 4 in Mesquite. They're playing and have the same path as everyone else. The sport should be inclusive not exclusive. Your income should not be the determining factor on your kids development in the sport. Stop with the scholarship nonsense, which parent is approaching the team manager in her Mercedes to tell them they can't pay. Scholarships should be league based.

11. Teams need to have a minimum number of practices in the town the team plays in. Easier for the parents, less time consuming for the kids. Encourage the clubs and towns to develop quality fields.

12. Create a "transfer" system that allows a player to move during winter break.

13. Limit the number of add / drops in the summer to discourage recruiting from club to club. Dribble clubs to promote girls from within.

14. Require girls that want to leave a team to send the league a form. In general girls want to stay together unless there's an issue with the coach. If the league sees an abnormal amount of players wanting to leave they would request a performance review with the club and coach. If it's found that the coach is not performing, a total jerk, etc. they would be removed from the league.

The idea of 12-14 is to eliminate coaches from blowing teams up because they get promoted. Let the girls play and develop.

Yes I was a bit bored sitting at home today.

Yes this is pure fiction and will never happen
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 1570
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by KeeperCommander on 22/03/17, 04:08 pm

ElClassico wrote:After reading a few threads discussing DA vs. ECNL and what to do with the "watering down of LH" I came up with this....eliminate Lake Highlands and go back to basically what was youth soccer originally.

At the top...DA / ECNL nothing changes with these.

1. Create a new league system that is based on where the girls live, so now they have a better chance of playing with girls they go to school with. So in theory return power back to the PPL's and APL's of the world or a better version of them.

2. Create a maximum limit on fees that's more in proportion to the level of competition and instruction received. However, tier the coach's pay based on the license level the achieve. (x for a D license, x + 10% for a C, etc) This would push them to continue their development.

3. Require coaches to have a minimum of a D license, if they can't do this the can't coach. A D license isn't that hard and the leagues could offer everything needed.

4. No CPP, Dual Rostering or any of that crap. You're either an ECNL player or not. If a situation arises that a team has an injury or something then they must pull from a team below them. This would Dribble clubs to ensure that the quality of coaching is the same from top to bottom and hopefully the girls are being taught the same systems.

5. Each city / town would have as many 10 team divisions as needed with pro / rel for the bottom 2 / top two of each division. So now FC Independent will have more opportunity to compete. Big clubs will be happy because they can create 2 or 3 teams in each city. But because there may be 10 leagues they won't be able to dominate a single league. Maybe even have a cap on the number of teams a club can have in each league, this would encourage them to spread the teams out instead of having 9 FCD teams in Frisco.

6. The top 2 or 3 teams from each town could play in a "Champions League" similar to UEFA. They'd have there league games and then participate in a regional wide CL type tournament.

7. This system should also help strengthen HS soccer in the area because the girls have played together for years and the HS coaches can "scout" easier.

8. Very large cities (Dallas) could split into N,S,E,W.

9. System would provide better access to quality coaching for all kids. Now a kid from South Dallas wouldn't have to travel 30 minutes to play for FCD or Solar.

10. Somehow, somewhere in some division there is a spot for every kid to play and receive quality coaching. Who cares if its Division 4 in Mesquite. They're playing and have the same path as everyone else. The sport should be inclusive not exclusive. Your income should not be the determining factor on your kids development in the sport. Stop with the scholarship nonsense, which parent is approaching the team manager in her Mercedes to tell them they can't pay. Scholarships should be league based.

11. Teams need to have a minimum number of practices in the town the team plays in. Easier for the parents, less time consuming for the kids. Encourage the clubs and towns to develop quality fields.

12. Create a "transfer" system that allows a player to move during winter break.

13. Limit the number of add / drops in the summer to discourage recruiting from club to club. Dribble clubs to promote girls from within.

14. Require girls that want to leave a team to send the league a form. In general girls want to stay together unless there's an issue with the coach. If the league sees an abnormal amount of players wanting to leave they would request a performance review with the club and coach. If it's found that the coach is not performing, a total jerk, etc. they would be removed from the league.

The idea of 12-14 is to eliminate coaches from blowing teams up because they get promoted. Let the girls play and develop.

Yes I was a bit bored sitting at home today.

Yes this is pure fiction and will never happen
You lost me after #1
avatar
KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 2462
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by 04GRankings on 22/03/17, 06:10 pm

Wait a minute. Do you work for North Texas Soccer?

04GRankings
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 119
Points : 488
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by KeeperCommander on 22/03/17, 06:22 pm

Back to Rec, drawing up league boundaries. We can't draw school boundaries right or much less voting districts correctly after how many years. Yeah drawing boundaries is the perfect answer.
avatar
KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 2462
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Lefty on 22/03/17, 09:26 pm

Great ideas but you forgot to address that youth soccer is a business to the clubs and coaches.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 910
Points : 3945
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by turftoe9 on 22/03/17, 09:39 pm

Who drives less than 30 minutes for practice?
avatar
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 739
Points : 3799
Join date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by KeeperCommander on 22/03/17, 09:47 pm

The coach
avatar
KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 2462
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by db10 on 22/03/17, 09:52 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Back to Rec, drawing up league boundaries.  We can't draw school boundaries right or much less voting districts correctly after how many years.  Yeah drawing boundaries is the perfect answer.

As an adult you don't know where your town or city boundaries are? Rolling Eyes

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 353
Points : 2071
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by KeeperCommander on 22/03/17, 10:47 pm

Hmmm. That would make one assume I am an adult.
avatar
KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 2462
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by RacerMartin99 on 23/03/17, 09:38 am

Great idea! Like many great ideas that both make sense and put the interest of those that matter most (the kids) first, this idea has no chance of ever succeeding.....which is unfortunate.

RacerMartin99
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 777
Join date : 2015-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by bwgophers on 23/03/17, 10:51 am

What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

__________________________________________________
If you're gonna talk the talk...   don't show up in a wheelchair with two broken legs...
avatar
bwgophers
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2318
Points : 4192
Join date : 2013-04-02
Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by db10 on 23/03/17, 11:50 am

I think we should simply create more leagues. Maybe one for teams that can beat ECNL teams but aren't invited to the party, one for teams that call themselves D1 but mysteriously have rosters filled with ECNL players. And another one for clubs who like bringing 19 to a LH game, this way the don't have to worry about CPP and that roster limit stuff. Nah just bring the whole club out and let them all play.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 353
Points : 2071
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Foxysoccermom on 23/03/17, 12:04 pm

bwgophers wrote:What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

Lol. We Texans want to be lied to and fleeced by a crook.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 272
Points : 486
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Foxysoccermom on 23/03/17, 12:13 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ElClassico wrote:After reading a few threads discussing DA vs. ECNL and what to do with the "watering down of LH" I came up with this....eliminate Lake Highlands and go back to basically what was youth soccer originally.

At the top...DA / ECNL nothing changes with these.

1. Create a new league system that is based on where the girls live, so now they have a better chance of playing with girls they go to school with. So in theory return power back to the PPL's and APL's of the world or a better version of them.

2. Create a maximum limit on fees that's more in proportion to the level of competition and instruction received. However, tier the coach's pay based on the license level the achieve. (x for a D license, x + 10% for a C, etc) This would push them to continue their development.

3. Require coaches to have a minimum of a D license, if they can't do this the can't coach. A D license isn't that hard and the leagues could offer everything needed.

4. No CPP, Dual Rostering or any of that crap. You're either an ECNL player or not. If a situation arises that a team has an injury or something then they must pull from a team below them. This would Dribble clubs to ensure that the quality of coaching is the same from top to bottom and hopefully the girls are being taught the same systems.

5. Each city / town would have as many 10 team divisions as needed with pro / rel for the bottom 2 / top two of each division. So now FC Independent will have more opportunity to compete. Big clubs will be happy because they can create 2 or 3 teams in each city. But because there may be 10 leagues they won't be able to dominate a single league. Maybe even have a cap on the number of teams a club can have in each league, this would encourage them to spread the teams out instead of having 9 FCD teams in Frisco.

6. The top 2 or 3 teams from each town could play in a "Champions League" similar to UEFA. They'd have there league games and then participate in a regional wide CL type tournament.

7. This system should also help strengthen HS soccer in the area because the girls have played together for years and the HS coaches can "scout" easier.

8. Very large cities (Dallas) could split into N,S,E,W.

9. System would provide better access to quality coaching for all kids. Now a kid from South Dallas wouldn't have to travel 30 minutes to play for FCD or Solar.

10. Somehow, somewhere in some division there is a spot for every kid to play and receive quality coaching. Who cares if its Division 4 in Mesquite. They're playing and have the same path as everyone else. The sport should be inclusive not exclusive. Your income should not be the determining factor on your kids development in the sport. Stop with the scholarship nonsense, which parent is approaching the team manager in her Mercedes to tell them they can't pay. Scholarships should be league based.

11. Teams need to have a minimum number of practices in the town the team plays in. Easier for the parents, less time consuming for the kids. Encourage the clubs and towns to develop quality fields.

12. Create a "transfer" system that allows a player to move during winter break.

13. Limit the number of add / drops in the summer to discourage recruiting from club to club. Dribble clubs to promote girls from within.

14. Require girls that want to leave a team to send the league a form. In general girls want to stay together unless there's an issue with the coach. If the league sees an abnormal amount of players wanting to leave they would request a performance review with the club and coach. If it's found that the coach is not performing, a total jerk, etc. they would be removed from the league.

The idea of 12-14 is to eliminate coaches from blowing teams up because they get promoted. Let the girls play and develop.

Yes I was a bit bored sitting at home today.

Yes this is pure fiction and will never happen
You lost me after #1


I think #1 was written after a six pack. From there I think he moved on to malt liquor and it gets a little fuzzy.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 272
Points : 486
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Poacher on 23/03/17, 12:39 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
bwgophers wrote:What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

Lol. We Texans want to be lied to and fleeced by a crook.

Speaks volumes!
avatar
Poacher
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 215
Join date : 2017-02-03
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Lefty on 23/03/17, 03:26 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
bwgophers wrote:What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

Lol. We Texans want to be lied to and fleeced by a crook.

Your inner Hillary has been showing through in your last few posts.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 910
Points : 3945
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Foxysoccermom on 23/03/17, 04:25 pm

Lefty wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
bwgophers wrote:What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

Lol. We Texans want to be lied to and fleeced by a crook.

Your inner Hillary has been showing through in your last few posts.


Nah. I hate her too. Just like my presidents to be sane.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 272
Points : 486
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Not even close to 30 - Try 10 Minutes

Post by SoccerDad75070 on 27/03/17, 12:30 pm

turftoe9 wrote: Who drives less than 30 minutes for practice?

With effort and time, found our club 10 minutes away.

Imagine that.

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 516
Join date : 2016-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Guest on 27/03/17, 12:34 pm

SoccerDad75070 wrote:
turftoe9 wrote: Who drives less than 30 minutes for practice?

With effort and time, found our club 10 minutes away.

Imagine that.

We did too back in the day.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by weatherbug on 28/03/17, 12:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

LOL! We moved to Washington two years ago and we have pieces of the suggestions above! Laughing
Rec leagues are small and kids just play with and against other local kids.
If you want to commit a little more effort and time to soccer you move up to "Select" soccer. It's a little extra practice and you play other regional select teams. It costs less than what NTX thinks of as select soccer but you still have a professional trainer to run practices. I would compare it to PPL.
If you are really IN to soccer you try out for a Premier team. These are organized geographically. Rec and select teams close to the Premier club feed up into the Premier teams. This compares to LH and Classic league. They have true tryouts yearly to form teams from the pool of players who show up.
avatar
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 562
Points : 3388
Join date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by bwgophers on 28/03/17, 12:34 pm

weatherbug wrote:
bwgophers wrote:What you have described is Obamasoccer

That might work in California or Washington or New York, but you are in Texas, and the majority here want Trumpsoccer

Good luck with that...

LOL! We moved to Washington two years ago and we have pieces of the suggestions above! Laughing
Rec leagues are small and kids just play with and against other local kids.
If you want to commit a little more effort and time to soccer you move up to "Select" soccer. It's a little extra practice and you play other regional select teams. It costs less than what NTX thinks of as select soccer but you still have a professional trainer to run practices. I would compare it to PPL.
If you are really IN to soccer you try out for a Premier team. These are organized geographically. Rec and select teams close to the Premier club feed up into the Premier teams. This compares to LH and Classic league. They have true tryouts yearly to form teams from the pool of players who show up.

Good to hear from you WB! Hope all is well in the Great NW!

You must not have nearly enough drama in your WA soccer if you have the time and/or need to come back on here and check up on us! Twisted Evil

__________________________________________________
If you're gonna talk the talk...   don't show up in a wheelchair with two broken legs...
avatar
bwgophers
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2318
Points : 4192
Join date : 2013-04-02
Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Big Boy Bentley on 30/03/17, 06:07 am

I'm starting to feel a good buzzzzzzz from all the commentaries.....it's all the sames kids I see on the different teams this year in the league...get rid of player pass and guest play that will solve alot of problems and help strengthen the soccer in N TX. No wonder development is lacking w the big clubs and not enough talent to fill their bank accounts.

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
avatar
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 685
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Big Boy Bentley on 30/03/17, 06:28 am

Maybe next year we will see what's real and what's not and their ECNL teams will be watered down because DA will be the master.

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
avatar
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 685
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Zizou on 30/03/17, 06:30 am

Oh you think it just the big clubs using their talented players to support their lower teams. Yep, it's time to pull your head out of the sand. Plus NTX players and teams compete at a high level nationally. Once we finish consolidating our talented players it will only improve.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1744
Points : 3192
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Zizou on 30/03/17, 06:32 am

No, what you will see is their any reason to pay to play At the rec level in LHGCL.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1744
Points : 3192
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum