Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
STING 01 ROYAL - LHGCL D2Today at 05:57 pmallsoccer
STING 03 Girls Larry - June open training Today at 05:55 pmallsoccer
Frisco Fusion 03G , adding a few more playersToday at 05:19 pmGWood
Dallas Texans 12G Lewisville Today at 05:19 pmTexans.Girls.Academy
SOLAR 03B De LEON - Open Tryouts (D1 & D2 Classic League)Today at 04:53 pmRiquelme Rises Yet Again
Dallas Kicks 05 Boys (Santos) D3 byeToday at 04:27 pmjvillarruel
Solar 06B East (Rockwall Area)Today at 04:22 pmsocroc
D’Feeters 00/01 Girls (Villarruel) D2, possibly D1 byeToday at 04:19 pmjvillarruel
Solar 06B East (Spear) Rockwall/Rowlett/Royse City/ForneyToday at 04:19 pmSoccerdod
AAoS 08 Boys Open Roster spotsToday at 04:07 pmVonvino1
AAoS 07 Boys looking for GKToday at 04:04 pmVonvino1
Dallas United - Lake Highlands (NE Dallas)Today at 04:03 pmcadenhead
Dallas United - Lake Highlands (NE Dallas)Today at 04:02 pmcadenhead
Dallas United - Lake Highlands (NE Dallas)Today at 04:01 pmcadenhead
Dallas United - Lake HighlandsToday at 04:00 pmcadenhead
Dallas United open training Dallas and Richardson locationsToday at 03:59 pmcadenhead
Stars and Stripes 07-Gold Looking for competitive playersToday at 03:11 pmStarsandStripes07
LFC 03 Shankly and Dalglish Open ScrimmageToday at 03:09 pm74soccermom
FBR09 Rankings June 20th, 2018Today at 03:05 pmEddyinmyyeti
Solar #14 Girls UniformToday at 03:03 pmMamaBear
Zenithfc08 few more players neededToday at 02:57 pmJyatsuk
SPARTA FC 03G - LH D1 - OPEN PRACTICEToday at 02:45 pmKeeper3LC
Liverpool 03g EliteToday at 02:35 pmLP_Elite
2018-2019 DA and ECNL TeamsToday at 02:18 pmZizou
LFC 06 Dalglish d3 OPEN scrimmage this weekend....Today at 02:18 pmLFCIAA_TM
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12353 registered users
The newest registered user is Riquelme Rises Yet Again

Our users have posted a total of 177311 messages in 23194 subjects

05 JDL

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

05 JDL

Post by soccerphun on 29/08/16, 06:22 pm

OK, 05's....let me kick some sleeping dogs and wake this Forum up.  

Pre-season pecking order:

1. DTS Adames -- they could play in the 04 JDL and be very competitive.  One word:  physical  
2. Solar Pulp -- few remnants of last year's State Cup championship team but a very solid reload.
3. Solar Colvin -- this team has been playing together the longest and it shows.
4. Sting Higganbotham -- expect this team to be top dawg or close in 2 years.  
5. FCD Red Baker -- can play with anyone when they play their game, but wheels can come off quickly too.
6. DTC Bussey -- lots of raw athletes that can score in a hurry but gets exposed with lack of technical ability.
7. FCD Blue Baker -- look for a fluid roster here.  Surprisingly light on talent.
8. Sting Parsons -- they will have flashes of brilliance but just don't have the horses to compete for 60 mins.

No excel solver macros...just a compilation of observations since June when the teams started forming.  

Shame we won't see JM's Kicks group in here -- they would have easily been top 5 -- other D'Feeters team would have been slugging it out with Parsons for the cellar.
avatar
soccerphun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 899
Join date : 2016-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Elpistolero on 30/08/16, 09:25 am

Higganbotham and Colvin are as physical as DTS. DTS have last years LH D1 experience, and added 05 D1 talent from other clubs. Dts Strikers have good finishing ability. You leave their strikers or offensive midfielders open outside the box , they can finish at a high percentage . Should be a great season. Fcd red baker, Solar pulp can compete with any of these three teams. The other three teams should be in the bottom three. Can't speak for anyone not in the list.

soccerphun wrote:OK, 05's....let me kick some sleeping dogs and wake this Forum up.  

Pre-season pecking order:

1. DTS Adames -- they could play in the 04 JDL and be very competitive.  One word:  physical  
2. Solar Pulp -- few remnants of last year's State Cup championship team but a very solid reload.
3. Solar Colvin -- this team has been playing together the longest and it shows.
4. Sting Higganbotham -- expect this team to be top dawg or close in 2 years.  
5. FCD Red Baker -- can play with anyone when they play their game, but wheels can come off quickly too.
6. DTC Bussey -- lots of raw athletes that can score in a hurry but gets exposed with lack of technical ability.
7. FCD Blue Baker -- look for a fluid roster here.  Surprisingly light on talent.
8. Sting Parsons -- they will have flashes of brilliance but just don't have the horses to compete for 60 mins.

No excel solver macros...just a compilation of observations since June when the teams started forming.  

Shame we won't see JM's Kicks group in here -- they would have easily been top 5 -- other D'Feeters team would have been slugging it out with Parsons for the cellar.

Elpistolero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 1195
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by soccerphun on 30/08/16, 09:39 am

Can anyone confirm that Sting Higgy beat FCD Red Baker 5-0 in a recent scrimmage?  Fact or Fiction?
avatar
soccerphun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 899
Join date : 2016-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by physical2005 on 30/08/16, 11:18 am

It will be an interesting season. Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off? Odd statement. DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see. FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent? When have you seen them play? Sting Parsons- don't know them. Glad to see Kicks not in.

physical2005
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 902
Join date : 2016-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by ForReal on 30/08/16, 12:42 pm

physical2005 wrote:It will be an interesting season.  Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off?  Odd statement.  DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see.  FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent?  When have you seen them play?  Sting Parsons- don't know them.  Glad to see Kicks not in.

You must be a "Fall 05" and FCD parent.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 514
Points : 2760
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by tpitty on 30/08/16, 01:00 pm

physical2005 wrote:  Glad to see Kicks not in.

Why? Good team(s), good coach. Why wouldn't you want to play them?

I was a bit disappointed we wouldn't get to play them regularly.


Last edited by tpitty on 30/08/16, 01:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 3339
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on 30/08/16, 01:01 pm

physical2005 wrote:It will be an interesting season.  Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off?  Odd statement.  DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see.  FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent?  When have you seen them play?  Sting Parsons- don't know them.  Glad to see Kicks not in.

Why are you glad to see Kicks not in? They clearly deserve to be in. This is that same problem that has been discussed ad nauseum, but why wouldn't the JDL teams want to play the best? Why shouldn't indies have a chance to compete against the best? Selecao could beat any of these teams. (Before anyone gets to thinking who I am, I have nothing to do with Kicks. In fact, I don't even have an 05 DD.) Even a team like Fever could compete. They'd fight at the bottom but if the idea was to have 10 teams, then certainly 2 from the group of LP Elite, Kicks, Fever should probably have been considered and make the competition more varied and better.

That's my only beef with the whole JDL thing. If you limit it to the Big 5, you expose yourself as an elitist money/talent grab. I know why they did it, but it has nothing to do with pure development.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on 30/08/16, 01:01 pm

tpitty wrote:
physical2005 wrote:  Glad to see Kicks not in.

Why? Good team(s), good coach. Why wouldn't you want to play them?

exactly

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by SickofStupidity on 30/08/16, 01:04 pm

physical2005 wrote:It will be an interesting season.  Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off?  Odd statement.  DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see.  FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent?  When have you seen them play?  Sting Parsons- don't know them.  Glad to see Kicks not in.

You might as well have said "glad to not have to face Kicks"  Laughing

I would think you would want to face the best competition in JDL.  Apparently not.


SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 853
Points : 2358
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by jogobonito06 on 30/08/16, 01:06 pm

physical2005 wrote:It will be an interesting season.  Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off?  Odd statement.  DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see.  FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent?  When have you seen them play?  Sting Parsons- don't know them.  Glad to see Kicks not in.

Our coach is not glad. We know their quality and it will be missed
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 317
Points : 1664
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on 30/08/16, 01:09 pm

jogobonito06 wrote:
physical2005 wrote:It will be an interesting season.  Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off?  Odd statement.  DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see.  FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent?  When have you seen them play?  Sting Parsons- don't know them.  Glad to see Kicks not in.

Our coach is not glad. We know their quality and it will be missed

cheers


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by soccerchicken on 30/08/16, 01:12 pm

physical2005 wrote:It will be an interesting season.  Lots of clubs playing both LH and JDL. FCD Red wheels can fall off?  Odd statement.  DTC Bussey- interesting view, we will see.  FCD Blue- no fluid rosters on any FCD teams... they are the only club not playing in both LH and JDL. light on talent?  When have you seen them play?  Sting Parsons- don't know them.  Glad to see Kicks not in.

bock bock
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 168
Points : 1619
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on 30/08/16, 01:17 pm

lmao... from soccerchicken!@!! Bock, Bock!

I'm easily amused today. But seriously. Glad to see Kicks not in? Ugh. Even if you thought that, what possess you to post that on this forum and get pummeled. Maybe we are all wrong and there is some legitimate reason this person doesn't like Kicks for something personal or what not....cuz there sure isn't a competitive reason.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Soccersheep on 30/08/16, 01:57 pm

Agree.. Not a competitive nature if you don't want to face good competition. Never ever be scared to play anyone ! That's what I preach my dd.
Just for kicks, Don't cry over the spilled milk now. Homework on the merger should have been done right with no loopholes. Hopefully see you guys in spring. Or perhaps this weekend at the Labor Day Tment ! Baha....

skiberdad wrote:lmao... from soccerchicken!@!!  Bock, Bock!

I'm easily amused today.  But seriously.  Glad to see Kicks not in?  Ugh.  Even if you thought that, what possess you to post that on this forum and get pummeled.  Maybe we are all wrong and there is some legitimate reason this person doesn't like Kicks for something personal or what not....cuz there sure isn't a competitive reason.

Soccersheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 1237
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on 30/08/16, 03:13 pm

Folks,

Am I missing something here?

What is preventing Kicks teams from simply executing a Team Name Change form with NTSSA to register their JDL teams under D'Feeters as their club instead of Kicks?  They could even keep the Kicks name in their team name.

I don't see any NTSSA rules that explicitly prevent a coach from coaching with 2 different clubs simultaneously.

It seems to me that if Kicks wanted in JDL badly enough, and if D'Feeters wanted Kicks in JDL badly enough, that this loophole could be fairly easily worked around via some additional paperwork.

Again, what am I missing here???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on 30/08/16, 03:14 pm

Soccersheep wrote:Agree..  Not a competitive nature if you don't want to face good competition.   Never ever be scared to play anyone ! That's what I preach my dd.  
Just for kicks, Don't cry over the spilled milk now. Homework on the merger should have been done right with no loopholes.  Hopefully see you guys in spring. Or perhaps this weekend at the Labor Day Tment ! Baha....

skiberdad wrote:lmao... from soccerchicken!@!!  Bock, Bock!

I'm easily amused today.  But seriously.  Glad to see Kicks not in?  Ugh.  Even if you thought that, what possess you to post that on this forum and get pummeled.  Maybe we are all wrong and there is some legitimate reason this person doesn't like Kicks for something personal or what not....cuz there sure isn't a competitive reason.
Sounds like you were in on that loophole closer then the way that sounds. I for one dont think JDL is that great. Think of it this way. Kid comes out of game they can't go back in. How does that develop? Play only a couple good teams. Some of those teams are not going to be competitive. Let's be honest. I also heard the JDL teams can not do Texas Cup. Can that be confirmed by anyone. DA will be the true calling of development. Not the big 5.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3388
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by ForReal on 30/08/16, 03:16 pm

bwgophers wrote:

It seems to me that if Kicks wanted in JDL badly enough, and if D'Feeters wanted Kicks in JDL badly enough, that this loophole could be fairly easily worked around via some additional paperwork.


I don't pretend to know the bylaws and the ways in which they could make it work, but your statement above might be the bigger issue.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 514
Points : 2760
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on 30/08/16, 03:18 pm

ForReal wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

It seems to me that if Kicks wanted in JDL badly enough, and if D'Feeters wanted Kicks in JDL badly enough, that this loophole could be fairly easily worked around via some additional paperwork.


I don't pretend to know the bylaws and the ways in which they could make it work, but your statement above might be the bigger issue.
It goes to why would they want to lose what is at stake just to play with a few good teams.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3388
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on 30/08/16, 03:20 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

It seems to me that if Kicks wanted in JDL badly enough, and if D'Feeters wanted Kicks in JDL badly enough, that this loophole could be fairly easily worked around via some additional paperwork.


I don't pretend to know the bylaws and the ways in which they could make it work, but your statement above might be the bigger issue.
It goes to why would they want to lose what is at stake just to play with a few good teams.

So, then there is no reason for the various hand-wringing going on over Kicks not playing in JDL... Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by tpitty on 30/08/16, 03:22 pm

KeeperCommander wrote: DA will be the true calling of development. Not the big 5.

So the big 4 in DA will be the true calling of development? (which consist of the same aformentioned 5)
okie dokie then.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 3339
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on 30/08/16, 03:24 pm

tpitty wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote: DA will be the true calling of development. Not the big 5.

So the big 4 in DA will be the true calling of development? (which consist of the same aformentioned 5)
okie dokie then.
The big 4 are not the DA. Only one so far right.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3388
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by ForReal on 30/08/16, 03:28 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
tpitty wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote: DA will be the true calling of development. Not the big 5.

So the big 4 in DA will be the true calling of development? (which consist of the same aformentioned 5)
okie dokie then.
The big 4 are not  the DA. Only one so far right.

Nope.  All 4.  http://www.socceramerica.com/article/69981/us-soccer-names-final-22-clubs-to-girls-developm.html

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 514
Points : 2760
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by tpitty on 30/08/16, 03:28 pm

FCD, Solar, Sting, Texans are 4 of the big 5.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 3339
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by tpitty on 30/08/16, 03:29 pm

And 3 of those have been a part of the boys program for quite a while, and one is the top boys academy in the nation. So, they should know absolutely nothing about what a league should look like for development.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 3339
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on 30/08/16, 03:41 pm

tpitty wrote:And 3 of those have been a part of the boys program for quite a while, and one is the top boys academy in the nation. So, they should know absolutely nothing about what a league should look like for development.
I must have missed the press release naming FCD, Sting and Texans as being girls DA clubs.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3388
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum