North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Can you request a coaching change????????? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Can you request a coaching change?????????

Go down

Can you request a coaching change????????? Empty Can you request a coaching change?????????

Post by DevilsAdvocate 02/04/12, 12:35 pm

Yes-first post, but I've been watching this forum. So what, get over it and help me out with SERIOUS answers.

How does it work with requests for coaching changes and BIG clubs (Solar, Sting, FCD, Texans, etc.)? Is it even possible? I always read and heard that the club assigns the coach, but what if there is no team for the club simply because parents feel a coaching change is necessary? The current coach has had the team for a few years, would obviously not request it (DUH), and would damage the relationship with parents/players if a change was requested and not made. It's for typical reasons........late to practices or cancels without reason, team not developing at the average rate of others (yeah-they want to win a few), team not responding to coach's motivation tactics, lack of communication with the players and parents about expectations, etc. If changes aren't made, the team dissolves. If a new coach came in, it would give the team a chance to stick together which is their goal at this point and the concensus among parents. Parents like the club and don't want to make change in that regard.

So, can a request be made by the team to one of the big clubs for a coaching change? If so, what's the best way to go about it? Who needs to be involved? Is it even worth the effort? What's your experience with this type of situation? etc.

Serious answers appreciated, smartass answers please find another thread.

Thanks.

DevilsAdvocate
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Can you request a coaching change????????? Empty Re: Can you request a coaching change?????????

Post by Slakemoth 02/04/12, 01:01 pm

I would approach the Club's Director of Coaching with your concerns and the same constructive tone that you have expressed here and I'm betting they will be receptive to a change. The Club doesn't want to lose a team, and if the general feeling is "we love our Club and team, but don't think the coaching is working out", then I'm betting they would be happy for a change as well. This is a good time of the season to start that process, and heck, the D.o.C. may already be thinking the same thing, and can begin the transition and shepherd the process in such a way that there are no hard feelings either way.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Can you request a coaching change????????? Empty Re: Can you request a coaching change?????????

Post by RosiePalms 02/04/12, 01:02 pm

Get the parents together and unify, than go to the club and demand the change or you'll split and go get your own coach. Shouldn't be hard and happens fairly often.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 02/04/12, 01:03 pm

DevilsAdvocate wrote:Yes-first post, but I've been watching this forum. So what, get over it and help me out with SERIOUS answers.

How does it work with requests for coaching changes and BIG clubs (Solar, Sting, FCD, Texans, etc.)? Is it even possible? I always read and heard that the club assigns the coach, but what if there is no team for the club simply because parents feel a coaching change is necessary? The current coach has had the team for a few years, would obviously not request it (DUH), and would damage the relationship with parents/players if a change was requested and not made. It's for typical reasons........late to practices or cancels without reason, team not developing at the average rate of others (yeah-they want to win a few), team not responding to coach's motivation tactics, lack of communication with the players and parents about expectations, etc. If changes aren't made, the team dissolves. If a new coach came in, it would give the team a chance to stick together which is their goal at this point and the concensus among parents. Parents like the club and don't want to make change in that regard.

So, can a request be made by the team to one of the big clubs for a coaching change? If so, what's the best way to go about it? Who needs to be involved? Is it even worth the effort? What's your experience with this type of situation? etc.

Serious answers appreciated, smartass answers please find another thread.

Thanks.

Talk to the Director of Coaching and explain your issues. If other parents feel the same way maybe request the DOC to hold a parent meeting. Sometimes this has worked and other times not.

Ed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 02/04/12, 01:06 pm

Each club handles this situation different,but I have observed Sting, Texans, and FCD will make the coach changes. I have seen Solar typically does not change the coaches and the teams that should have changed coaches fold. There is always exceptions when teams are requesting coaching changes and the problem is not the coach, but this is what I have personally observed over the last 6 years of observation of the NTX soccer scene.

Also, if you are the lone person asking for a coaching change, be prepared to be walk if the change doesn't happen. Most likely your DD will be cut or released if you don't get the coaching change. The coach you might receive may be just like your existing coach if not worse. That might be why the coach is "Available".

If your DOC was concerned, he would have noticed the progress or lack there of and already stepped in and made a transition plan \ progress path for the team.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 02/04/12, 01:25 pm

The steps IMO:
1. Start by talking to a couple families you're tight with to gauge their interest in making this request. (Sounds like you've already done this.)
2. Hold a secret parents-only meeting for any parents that may not already be aware of the idea. You will need a LARGE majority of the families to be on board with this. If it isn't a large majority and some families want the coach to stay while others want the coach replaced... BANG!!! You just blew up your DD's entire team and factions will quickly be created as you're now heading in different directions. It is likely that there will be nothing left to stay around for. (1/3 of the team stay. 1/4 goes to this club. 2 girls go to that other club. Etc.)
3. Come up with a list of candidates you'd like the DoC to assign to the team as a replacement. If you don't do that, you may like the next coach even less.
4. If you have a large majority of families supporting this decision, then contact the Director of Coaching.

Don't expect the DoC to keep any secrets from the coach. Don't tell the DoC anything you don't want the coach to learn about later.

Prepare yourself to find out that several of the families that mentioned some interest in doing this suddenly don't want to do it anymore. Prepare yourself to find out that you want this more than anybody else. Prepare yourself (and your daughter and your spouse) that you may need to start looking for a new team because once the "Cat is out of the bag" there will be no going back to that coach. Prepare yourself for this to fly back into your face.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 02/04/12, 01:48 pm

I would agree with all the previous posts... especially with the comment that if you're with Solar, you should start shopping now. That club is just a collection individual/independent teams that happen to wear the same jersey (don't hate on me...lots of them are very good). Coaches and teams have nothing to do with each other. Each team is an island, and the DOC won't do much to interfere/intercede. It's just not the way that club is run. I would guess that appeals to a lot of coaches who are tired of being micromanaged at some of the other clubs.

Yes, be prepared to leave, but don't let that stop you from trying to get the change, especially if most of the team is behind you. Just let DD decide first if the sh__ hits the fan, SHE is ok going to a different team. If yours is anything like mine, you should QUIETLY shop teams a little first, and she'll be less anxious. I would also add that the first question the DOC will ask is have you talked to the coach about your concerns, so be ready with an answer.

Good luck...I don't envy your situation.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down