North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Division Outlook Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

'03 Division Outlook

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

'03 Division Outlook Empty '03 Division Outlook

Post by BumpyPitch 02/11/12, 09:34 am

Here are some observations or questions to be answered from this past Fall TGPL Gold teams participate with LHGCL Select or "Pre-ECNL" (for those few participating clubs) on the horizon :

DT-"South" - another excellent season for this talented team and coach. Lots of questions to be answered come select for this team and club. Does HN & the Texans Club work to make this team the marquee Dallas Texans Team of the age group? If so, who will coach? GA or RS or RM or other? Will the Dallas Texans consolidate other strong players towards this team within the club? Or does the club move the top core players from South to the Dallas side and work to make another top Dallas Texans team like years past come select? Whatever ever happens - I am sure HN will put his best '03 players players the club has in this age group to one team and the Texans Empire will be well represented come select! If not, HN could always get a top team from a rival and leave DT South alone?

Cosmos - as a small independent club from the economically challenged Very Happy Park Cities area, TW has always beat the odds to place a LH D1 come select. Another up & down season for this team. Questions come select are simple; can they keep their core girls especially stud striker from being poached from their nemesis Sting? Or, can they poach players from the Sting factory of teams and complete roster with quality depth? Going to be fun to watch.

FCD - another solid season of play this fall with some great results! FCD will continue to try and poach what they can from their competitors and hope their top players hold and stay put. Lots of players playing for quite a few FCD teams in the age group to choose from to build "top" team come select. Who will be the coach? Will MGrubb coach this team come select or will the Diaz keep this ship and along with his ECNL teams? Hard to make games when you are out of town. Should be interesting.

FCD-East - like years past Coach JH will put together a very good team around a stud forward. It's going to be interesting to see which FCD team will be the better team come select. My bet is on East. For the club, its all good either way and FCD are in good shape going forward with ECNL to come.

Fever - another independent team from the Tarrant County area that had an up & down year, starting real strong and ending on a real low. Can this team keep their stud striker? Will they hold together at all come select. This team has a ton of questions regarding future than most, but hopes are they are still playing come select! Gave some teams a run for their money and were very competitive. One to keep an eye on come Spring, lots of variables here.

LP - the only big club that is NOT an ECNL member with tons of teams & players that currently has a very good top team. Lots of good questions to be answered come select? Does LW hand off top team to CPulp? Does this group combine all the top players from the other LP teams to form a LP super team? How will they respond to not being any ECNL member and keep elite players beyond first year of select. At the very least, for the first year of select, LP should have a top team .

SRSA - where do you start? Most dominant team by far over in the age group for sometime now! Where do they go from here? They will have a new coach coming this Spring with AS? Should we expect some "new" additions of other great players wanting to join before select? Most likely. Do they follow the Texans 02 from last year and only play boys next spring? With so many players and having a team that just played in Silver division can they put together another elite team that can actually compete with the top five in the age group in LH D1? If so, who will coach that one? No doubt this will be an elite team for years to come that will only get better and represent NT on the national stage as they get older. Going to be fun to watch.

Sting S & Sting M - with low roster numbers on both these teams now, do these two very good teams combine and become one? I know Out would like to see that! According to OUT, this will be "the top team" of the group? scratch Still not convinced on that one. If so, who will be the coach this team come select? affraid I am sure the powers of Sting are going to figure it out and Sting will be represented come select as one of the better teams to beat!

Sting W - will only continue to get better with their committed coach. Where do they add players from? Sting Dallas or from other Tarrant teams in the area? Most likely, other TC teams. By select RD will put together a solid D1 select team that will always be ready to play.

What other teams does everyone consider to be on the rise and ones to watch? Question

Couple of closing predictions that historically happens over the next 6/8 months before select ... Teams & coaches will actually change clubs, especially independents to one of the bigger ECNL clubs. Also, the top teams usually get EVEN stronger as "top" players from lesser teams want to play on top teams leaving 2 to 3 really dominant teams within the age group, while the rest will be very competitive amongst themselves. Good luck to all!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

'03 Division Outlook Empty Re: '03 Division Outlook

Post by outonthelimb 02/11/12, 10:01 am

BumpyPitch wrote:

Sting S & Sting M - with low roster numbers on both these teams now, do these two very good teams combine and become one? I know Out would like to see that! According to OUT, this will be "the top team" of the group? scratch Still not convinced on that one. If so, who will be the coach this team come select? affraid I am sure the powers of Sting are going to figure it out and Sting will be represented come select as one of the better teams to beat!

I'm going to go "outonthelimb" and assume that you are referring to me when you say "according to OUT" above. Please find one instance in my 100+ post where I've ever said

1. That I would like to see a Sting M and Sting SS combine. You will be hard pressed to find that and you'll be even harder pressed to find anyone that might say that I said that in private. Sorry....you're barking up the wrong tree on that one.

2. That I have ever said that a combined team from Sting M and Sting SS would be "the top team" of the group...or any group for that matter. Again....you're barking up the wrong tree on that one too.

My post are notoriously long so that I'm crystal clear in what I type and leave little room for misinterpretation...please don't try to read between the lines as there are no lines. And please don't attribute quotes to me that never came from me.

Let me try again....refer back to my March 1 post for more clarity. IMO Sting is a for profit organization, combining teams does not make business sense. It leaves money on the table. When it comes time to combine teams which I would think is 1 year prior to ECNL then IMO Sting would try it and I would agree with them. Trying to do it before then would be a bit of a head scratcher to me as it doesn't make business sense. What goal does combining teams achieve....trying to catch SRSA and potentially leaving $56,000 a year on the table. C'mon Man!!! Stranger things have happened I guess.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 02/11/12, 10:49 am

outonthelimb wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:

I'm going to go "outonthelimb" and assume that you are referring to me when you say "according to OUT" above. Please find one instance in my 100+ post where I've ever said - Correct

1. That I would like to see a Sting M and Sting SS combine. You will be hard pressed to find that and you'll be even harder pressed to find anyone that might say that I said that in private. Sorry....you're barking up the wrong tree on that one. Barking yes, your tree: maybe. If you are not thinking this while wearing blue, then you must be thinking of leaving. This should be on all the Sting parents mind. It is a logical thought and discussion to have...if you are not thinking it then something is wrong in that picture.

2. That I have ever said that a combined team from Sting M and Sting SS would be "the top team" of the group...or any group for that matter. Again....you're barking up the wrong tree on that one too. Logically these two teams cannot do not have time. Again, a logical progression to see Sting success, combine the best players and the team gets better = Top Team. Would you like to see it? Yes or No?, Okay you don't have to answer for fear of repercussions, maybe over a cup of coffee we could talk quietly and share our thoughts?

My post are notoriously long so that I'm crystal clear in what I type and leave little room for misinterpretation...please don't try to read between the lines as there are no lines. And please don't attribute quotes to me that never came from me.

Let me try again....refer back to my March 1 post for more clarity. IMO Sting is a for profit organization, combining teams does not make business sense. It leaves money on the table. When it comes time to combine teams which I would think is 1 year prior to ECNL then IMO Sting would try it and I would agree with them. Trying to do it before then would be a bit of a head scratcher to me as it doesn't make business sense. What goal does combining teams achieve....trying to catch SRSA and potentially leaving $56,000 a year on the table. C'mon Man!!! Stranger things have happened I guess.

$56,000 on the table? I came up with $3500.00/player x 16 players = $56,000. Is that the cost nowadays at Sting? Do you really know what the club gets? In the past a majority of 'the clubs' get about 15% of the total fees. The rest goes to coach (monthly payroll), league fees, tournaments, etc. That is about $500.00/player to the club - no where near $56,000.00. For someone that seems to be in the know, you are missing the point here. It is not all about finances, quality vs. quantity - unless you wear Red. DT or LP. lol! Ouch that hurt.

The point being is the numbers between your two Sting teams are dismal at best and have the future of a merger written all over it. That it turn would give the club the best possible scenario for future, combine the best players, get a top team out of it.
If not, you keep two teams that struggle with 11-12 players week in and week out. Playing at a Pre-ECNL/LHGCL with those numbers are not going to produce quality games for player development.

Hey, again just my thoughts and we can always agree to disagree. Fair is fair, that's what this Forum is all about. Lots of barking, opinions and great daytime/nighttime reading.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 02/11/12, 12:13 pm

It's difficult to relay emotions via post (emoticons be damned) but I'm not upset or combative as I post.....just trying to clear myself of some of the things you may be entangling me in. Smile

I think we are making some ground. First you said "according to Out" which would lead one to believe that you heard or read me say something. Hopefully I've cleared the record and no one believes that you heard or read that I said anything.

Now what you think I should be thinking is quite aways from what you implied you heard (or read) me say (or post).

If you want to post what you think I should be thinking then go for it. Just say it up front that way it's clear that those are your thoughts not mine.

To assume that Sting Mendoza is struggling with numbers is to not see what's really going on.....I think a solid/stable roster of 13 is a "beautiful" thing and the coach agrees. There is an emphasis on stable and solid. At the moment there are no "that family is looking at other options and aren't quite stable" or "that player can't play at this level and they are needlessly cutting into playing time" Thus you don't see any cattle calls looking for players. The roster is at 13 by choice not by chance. When there was a concern then you saw a post for a keeper. That concern went away within days and thus you've never seen another post for players. The family/players that are interested in joining will show up when they are ready and I'm sure he will add to the roster when he is ready. I can't speak with any knowledge regarding Sting SS as I don't have a DD on that team.

$56,000....$3500/player x 16. I believe that is the going rate for the big clubs but then again I didn't pay Sting Select dues this year so it could be different. I have "no clue" what the clubs profit from the club fee. 15% feels low but if it is correct then it supports my argument that the more teams they have the merrier the clubs are. However, I know the neighborhood of the net revenue on the table....$56,000. IMO, if clubs were about quality over quantity then there would only be one team per age group. Quantity matters.

Good conversation though.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 02/11/12, 12:53 pm

All good - definitely good conversation - like I said everybody has an opinion, yours is from the inside. Mine on the other hand is an outsider looking in...different perspectives to say the least.

Now does anyone else got any thoughts on the initial post, agreements, disagreements, opinions (everybody has one), arguments for/against. In all seriousness, this age group is about to really move into the final stages before select.

Lots of variables for many teams are relevant:

Player movement is always abundant at this time of year as everyone is trying to jockey for positioning and find a new/possibly better home for the DD, new coaches may emerge as the coach that takes the team select by choice or some by the club's choice(it just happens), injuries occur to players and they may fall out of the starting line-up and new players arrive, the winter break is the time to 'try' things out during indoor or futsal, teams will emplode or explode (however you look at it), stability is key, will teams move to other clubs, or will other clubs make a move on a coach/team/club (club mergers are still happening these days) and last but not least will Pre-ECNL, Jr. ECNL make it to the U11 and below age groups?

Tons of questions that in due time will be answered. Hang on folks it is going to be a wild ride from here until July!
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 02/11/12, 04:59 pm

$3500 per player dues for Sting is incorrect.
Select in previous years has been $2750; this year $2800

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 02/11/12, 05:45 pm

pro16 wrote:$3500 per player dues for Sting is incorrect.
Select in previous years has been $2750; this year $2800

Does that include uniforms, tournaments, etc.? I don't know if the OP was thinking, "When it's all said and done."

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 02/11/12, 06:01 pm

No uniforms (same as many others).
Tournaments included.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 04/11/12, 11:19 am

It didn't take long for a couple of "outlooks" to become true Smile

FCD East confirmed on the field they are the stronger of the two FCD teams winning in a shootout 5-3. What a fun game to watch!!! Congrats FCD - East!

As predicted, the low roster numbers hurt both Sting M (lost 0-2 to South) and Sting S (lost 1-2 to LP) this past weekend in their close games.

Again, if both Sting teams think it is hard to compete at 11v11 playing on a more like "9v9 size field" (100'x50) the TGPL league used this fall season at the Sting complex? It is only going to get tougher when these two strong Sting teams have to play on a true "11v11" (120'x70') regulation field? As much as the Sting camp would like us all to believe their teams low roster numbers is "beautiful thing" by "choice,not by chance," Sting should seriously look to add players immediately for the upcoming spring confirming another outlook to come true.

Finally - here is a great shout out to Vitesse, easily beating the Cosmos 3-1 and putting the age group on notice there are more than 10 teams in this age group. Vitesse based in south Arlington is a team to watch and for players in this part of the TC metroplex to check out. To the rest of the 03 group, it has been another fun season of soccer.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cottagers 04/11/12, 11:35 am

BumpyPitch wrote:

FCD East confirmed on the field they are the stronger of the two FCD teams winning in a shootout 5-3. What a fun game to watch!!! Congrats FCD - East!

As predicted, the low roster numbers hurt both Sting M (lost 0-2 to South) and Sting S (lost 1-2 to LP) this past weekend in their close games.

Again, if both Sting teams think it is hard to compete at 11v11 playing on a more like "9v9 size field" (100'x50) the TGPL league used this fall season at the Sting complex? It is only going to get tougher when these two strong Sting teams have to play on a true "11v11" (120'x70') regulation field? As much as the Sting camp would like us all to believe their teams low roster numbers is "beautiful thing" by "choice,not by chance," Sting should seriously look to add players immediately for the upcoming spring confirming another outlook to come true.

Finally - here is a great shout out to Vitesse, easily beating the Cosmos 3-1 and putting the age group on notice there are more than 10 teams in this age group. Vitesse based in south Arlington is a team to watch and for players in this part of the TC metroplex to check out. To the rest of the 03 group, it has been another fun season of soccer.

Just out of curiosity, did you see the game between Vitesse and Cosmos?
Cottagers
Cottagers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 04/11/12, 12:42 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:

Vitesse 03 approves of this ad. Rolling Eyes
Throw in some practice times and locations next time.
I was wondering the same thing as cottagers...did you see the Cosmos game or just basing your summary on the score?
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 04/11/12, 07:39 pm

The only things I learned after this fall session is that SRSA is still the king of the mountain and that there is quite a bit if talent spread over quite a few teams. I don't think the gap between SRSA is shrinking but it's not expanding either. I'm anxious to see if SRSA B can develop their own identity. I know they've been attracting some players from other teams to come to their practices so if they can get that talent to gel and parents don't get upset that they are on B and not A then it could be a nice addition to the 03 group.

I'm anxious to see what Sting S & Mendoaza end up doing. If I'm not mistaken Sting Scarfone is making a transition to a new coach so that can make things interesting. I like Mendoza and the way they play but going with a smaller roster can be tough as the field gets bigger. They have been one of the best teams in the 03 group for a while, don't see that changing.

FCD has two very good teams in Premier and Predator. Predator has been playing better down the stretch and have two of the best strikers on any team not named SRSA. 5 goals against Premier and 4 against Mendoza in recent weeks is impressive. Premier is a sold squad that seems to keep getting better as the season progressed. I see these two teams only getting better.

LP has a nice group of teams and it seems like Keegan and Whelen play like every two weeks Smile. Dalglish is a nice surprise, didn't expect for then to do as well in TGPL but a fourth place finish is a nice season for anyone. So when you add in LP Rush in the mix that's four teams in the Top 20 and possibly 15.

Cosmos, Vitesse and Fever are all in the same boat IMO. Very talented but can they hold on to what they have and can they attract enough pieces to stay in the hunt. Hopefully they can because I think independent options are much needed.

There will be movement and I'm sure it's already started happening. I know some people get mad about player movement but now most of these kids have been playing for the same team for at least a year or two and its easy to see if your team is getting better or if they are pretty much just staying the same. No crime in looking around. Hopefully parents will remember its 10 year olds playing soccer and not get bent out of shape. It's perfectly ok to have friends who don't play on your dds team Smile

I posted this later in the evening so SolarPower would have something to read before bed.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 05/11/12, 09:08 am

SolarPower00 wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:

Vitesse 03 approves of this ad. Rolling Eyes
Throw in some practice times and locations next time.
I was wondering the same thing as cottagers...did you see the Cosmos game or just basing your summary on the score?

I was unable to see the game, summary was purely based on the scoreline.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 05/11/12, 09:42 am

In my first full season with this 03 group, I have noticed a couple of things. The first is quality coaching everywhere you look. There are many different philosophies on how to develop a group of girls into a top 20 team before go select, and they all are represented with this group of 03 coaches. Our daughters could not have better choices in coaches to fit their own independent needs and development.

Second is support. You always hear that soccer parents can be crazy and do "unthinkable" things. But really, it is the uneducated soccer parent who usually does the "unthinkable". Fortunately in our 03 group, we have educated soccer parents (whether being former players, having older children in the process or just being highly tuned to the process) who yes, can get riled up and lose it from time to time, but truly care and support the atmosphere in a healthy, competitive manner.

Teams:
Solar / SRSA - I just hope this group of motivated girls and parents do not get burned out before they get to where it counts. It seems like a rigorous schedule (including the top boys league in DFW) and constant influx of new players to their program keeps inter-squad pressure and competition high, resulting in intense training and stellar results - but this approach can also be a double edged sword. Adrian Solca, from what I have read and heard, is probably the best thing that could happen to this group.

Texans / DTS - Tell them they can't do something and they prove you wrong every time. Great competitive spirit with this team. I am sure the Texans have great plans for some of these girls as a core to their 03 program. Although they seem very quiet about their coaching choices for select, will the academy coaches like Moreno and Adames take their respective team select and will it stay that way? Or will an ECNL coach step in and form a true "top team" out of the talent that currently exists? I have a feeling a different Texans "presence" will assert itself shortly in this age group.

FCD - What do you get when you combine a high powered offense (Predator), a rock solid defense (Premier) and a quality coach (Diaz)? Not too hard to figure this one out. A little bit of recruiting into this quality organization and come ECNL time -well, that's not to hard to figure out either.

Sting - Almost the same story as Texans here. Quality organization, a couple of dominant teams with infinite potential, but a select plan has not presented itself to the general public. Do the academy coaches hang on? Or do one of the ECNL heavyweights take over a top team? Kenny Medina, where are you? - this is a great group of talent just waiting on someone to pull it all together. Wait too long and it will disintegrate before your eyes...

Liverpool - Probably the deepest talent pool in this age group and with Wedall at the helm, we will only see their top teams get better. I do not get the DeFeeters owning the ECNL spot over Liverpool, but that is a whole other discussion. Liverpool will thrive regardless due to a great organizational structure, business plan and deep world roots in the game. They could probably care less about ECNL.

Independents: Upside: generally have the best developmental coaches which makes holistic, well rounded players, Downside: These top players eventually get poached by the big 5 mentioned above if not by the first year of select, by the time ECNL rolls around. Good luck indys, we all root for your success.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 05/11/12, 10:16 pm

flygirl wrote:In my first full season with this 03 group, I have noticed a couple of things. The first is quality coaching everywhere you look. There are many different philosophies on how to develop a group of girls into a top 20 team before go select, and they all are represented with this group of 03 coaches. Our daughters could not have better choices in coaches to fit their own independent needs and development.

Second is support. You always hear that soccer parents can be crazy and do "unthinkable" things. But really, it is the uneducated soccer parent who usually does the "unthinkable". Fortunately in our 03 group, we have educated soccer parents (whether being former players, having older children in the process or just being highly tuned to the process) who yes, can get riled up and lose it from time to time, but truly care and support the atmosphere in a healthy, competitive manner.

Athletics and soccer are great for our girls, love the game.

Teams:
Solar / SRSA - I just hope this group of motivated girls and parents do not get burned out before they get to where it counts. It seems like a rigorous schedule (including the top boys league in DFW) and constant influx of new players to their program keeps inter-squad pressure and competition high, resulting in intense training and stellar results - but this approach can also be a double edged sword. Adrian Solca, from what I have read and heard, is probably the best thing that could happen to this group.

Agreed, AS will do fantastic with this group.

Texans / DTS - Tell them they can't do something and they prove you wrong every time. Great competitive spirit with this team. I am sure the Texans have great plans for some of these girls as a core to their 03 program. Although they seem very quiet about their coaching choices for select, will the academy coaches like Moreno and Adames take their respective team select and will it stay that way? Or will an ECNL coach step in and form a true "top team" out of the talent that currently exists? I have a feeling a different Texans "presence" will assert itself shortly in this age group.

SBubb will come in to the age group and create a super team and try to keep the pace of the SRSA machine.

FCD - What do you get when you combine a high powered offense (Predator), a rock solid defense (Premier) and a quality coach (Diaz)? Not too hard to figure this one out. A little bit of recruiting into this quality organization and come ECNL time-well, that's not to hard to figure out either.

There is no way JH will NOT take a team Select, this is what he does for a living and is a great coach. Will Diaz hand over to Grubb.

Sting - Almost the same story as Texans here. Quality organization, a couple of dominant teams with infinite potential, but a select plan has not presented itself to the general public. Do the academy coaches hang on? Or do one of the ECNL heavyweights take over a top team? Kenny Medina, where are you? - this is a great group of talent just waiting on someone to pull it all together. Wait too long and it will disintegrate before your eyes...

They have 2 teams that do no get along. You have Scarfone and Mendoza with small rosters and I have said it before, if it is by choice then it is not a very good one. I personally don't think it is by choice, just my 2 cents. Is this a job for Coach Q?

Liverpool - Probably the deepest talent pool in this age group and with Wedall at the helm, we will only see their top teams get better. I do not get the DeFeeters owning the ECNL spot over Liverpool, but that is a whole other discussion. Liverpool will thrive regardless due to a great organizational structure, business plan and deep world roots in the game. They could probably care less about ECNL.

A non-ECNL club, it does matter despite what you think! LW will pass to Pulp so LW can focus on 04s and below.

Independents: Upside: generally have the best developmental coaches which makes holistic, well rounded players, Downside: These top players eventually get poached by the big 5 mentioned above if not by the first year of select, by the time ECNL rolls around. Good luck indys, we all root for your success.

Always a big fan of the Indys, but in this case there are no Dallas Kicks or Blue Diamonds in the bunch. Fever and Cosmos aren't here yet.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 06/11/12, 05:44 pm

flygirl wrote:In my first full season with this 03 group, I have noticed a couple of things. The first is quality coaching everywhere you look. There are many different philosophies on how to develop a group of girls into a top 20 team before go select, and they all are represented with this group of 03 coaches. Our daughters could not have better choices in coaches to fit their own independent needs and development.

Teams:

FCD - What do you get when you combine a high powered offense (Predator), a rock solid defense (Premier) and a quality coach (Diaz)? Not too hard to figure this one out. A little bit of recruiting into this quality organization and come ECNL time -well, that's not to hard to figure out either.

Funny how you only really hear of about 9 teams through out the season.....
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 07/11/12, 10:13 am

EyeSnapPhotos wrote:

I think me, and people like me, are at fault for most of us only hearing about 5-10 teams in each age division. For every 1 note I post on this board there are, on average, 3 others that I delete just before clicking the "Send" button. I just delete them because I don't think the other people on the string will be receptive to a different take.

The reason why a large majority of the news we hear is about the top 10 teams is because those teams are filled with the families that are willing to drive their DD that extra 30-45 minutes to each practice. Out of all of us, those are the parents that are most competitive for their DDs. They're also the ones most willing to jump on this board to declare that the choices they've made are better than the choices everyone else has made.

The truth is, if you're good a just impartially observing soccer, you can walk up to a game for any of the top 40 teams in this age group and you'll see something that you like. This '03 age group has a ton of quality depth. It's a really fun group to track and watch. I think this QT will have more upsets than in an average year.

If you come on this board, and try to sing the virtues of a team outside the top 10, you're quickly shouted down. It's really not worth the aggravation. Phrases like "Good luck indys, we all root for your success." implies that most people aren't willing to take the risk of going outside the large club structure. So, a lot of times, it's just easier to write a post to organize my thoughts and then delete it instead of clicking "Send".
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 07/11/12, 10:17 am

cheers Mind Reader cheers

I also very much see the light in your third statement the more I cruise around watching and capturing the action...

Very well put.
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 07/11/12, 10:28 am

EyeSnapPhotos wrote:

Teams:

Funny how there are at least 20 teams that fall within the statements above - it's just how you choose to look at it:

Solar: SRSA A, SRSA B
Texans: DTS, Moreno, Barakat, FW
FCD: Premier, Predator, Frisco
Sting: Mendoza, Scarfone, Davis, Goodman
Liverpool: Daglish, Whelan, Keegan
Indys: Fever, Cosmos, Vitesse, GSSC, Sparta, Odyssey
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 07/11/12, 10:33 am

flygirl wrote:
EyeSnapPhotos wrote:

Teams:

Funny how there are at least 20 teams that fall within the statements above - it's just how you choose to look at it:

Guess I should have clarified and said clubs....... Now I will get the popcorn and sit on the top bleacher.
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/12, 10:34 am

flygirl wrote:
EyeSnapPhotos wrote:

Teams:

Right now Daglish is the top lp team with Lp Rush, Whelan and Keegan all roughly equal. Lp could easily have 4 teams in the top 20, or top 15

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 07/11/12, 11:30 am

Well, now that a top 10 team has already imploded, should be interesting to see where the girls land.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blastit 07/11/12, 11:57 am

jj4mel wrote:Well, now that a top 10 team has already imploded, should be interesting to see where the girls land.
'03 Division Outlook Popcorn-eating-emoticon although one would not surprise

blastit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 07/11/12, 12:35 pm

jj4mel wrote:Well, now that a top 10 team has already imploded, should be interesting to see where the girls land.

Which team would that be? Or do I have to guess? - which I am sure would delight the trolls eating popcorn...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 07/11/12, 01:14 pm

I will take first guess.

Liverpool Dalglish?!?
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content