North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Prime Time Summer Shootout Line Up - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Prime Time Summer Shootout Line Up

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prime Time Summer Shootout Line Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Prime Time Summer Shootout Line Up

Post by Guest 11/06/12, 01:53 pm

lostntexas wrote:2ddgotskills are u serious? Dts who do they play? Any top 5 teams ..NOPE. Just let the kids play

top 5 03" or 02"? But to answer your question yes I am serious they have beaten SRSA twice first time causeing him to combine with KW mustang team an second time just last year but with there margin of loss to SRSA being by 1 or 2 goals average with the exception of last yr 7-1 loss with DTS being up 1-0 at the half then there coach got kicked out of the game, also with half if DTS girls having played with SRSA an DM likes reruiting from that team, id say yeah there talent level is close.

Back to top Go down

Prime Time Summer Shootout Line Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Prime Time Summer Shootout Line Up

Post by stingermom 11/06/12, 02:24 pm

lol. Srsa has superior training! More like the best team money can buy. Scarfone has a history of building and developing great teams. Correct me if I am wrong but DTS has top 05s, 04s, 03s, and 02s so they must be doing something right.

stingermom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/06/12, 02:38 pm

stingermom wrote:lol. Srsa has superior training! More like the best team money can buy. Scarfone has a history of building and developing great teams. Correct me if I am wrong but DTS has top 05s, 04s, 03s, and 02s so they must be doing something right.

I agree with you, I guess I should have referred to DM soccer background compaired to other academy coaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by hottestsoccermominDFW 11/06/12, 02:42 pm

2ddgotskillz wrote:I dont think the SRSA girls are that more talented than the girls of DTS or Scarfone but the coaching level of wich they recieve is far superior than those two teams and thats a fact. im sure the playing field will level out once select gets here and these two teams get under RH or kenny medina if things stay as they are IMO of course.

Of course they are superior than all of our dd's team. I think the ones you speak of are SRSA rejects. This team I dont believe have any former DTS players.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 11/06/12, 03:03 pm

hottestsoccermominDFW wrote:
2ddgotskillz wrote:I dont think the SRSA girls are that more talented than the girls of DTS or Scarfone but the coaching level of wich they recieve is far superior than those two teams and thats a fact. im sure the playing field will level out once select gets here and these two teams get under RH or kenny medina if things stay as they are IMO of course.

Of course they are superior than all of our dd's team. I think the ones you speak of are SRSA rejects. This team I dont believe have any former DTS players.

I believe this thread is making me dumber.
Judging from the grammar and asinine comments, I think our 03 DDs have hijacked this thread.
Tired head. Neutral
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/06/12, 03:29 pm

Aaaah its been boring around lately just spicing things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 11/06/12, 04:05 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:

I don't think anyone (and I haven't seen anyone saying otherwise) is trying to make it out to be that this Canevari team was anything more than what it was, one Solar team trying to help out another Solar team that is going through a rough patch finding players. If this helps them get enough girls to make a team then power to them. If any parent doesn't do their research and joins just because this team won an 02 tournament then those parents are idiots and nothing can help them Smile

Let me understand ... A team looking to build with 4 or 5 core players decides to 'play up a division' then borrows 8-10 from the top team to get help. And you say the parents looking at this team would be idiots to be skeptical.

Beautiful logic!

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 11/06/12, 04:25 pm

Header wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

I don't think anyone (and I haven't seen anyone saying otherwise) is trying to make it out to be that this Canevari team was anything more than what it was, one Solar team trying to help out another Solar team that is going through a rough patch finding players. If this helps them get enough girls to make a team then power to them. If any parent doesn't do their research and joins just because this team won an 02 tournament then those parents are idiots and nothing can help them Smile

Let me understand ... A team looking to build with 4 or 5 core players decides to 'play up a division' then borrows 8-10 from the top team to get help. And you say the parents looking at this team would be idiots to be skeptical.

Beautiful logic!

I think the take away from this whole thread is that whenever you play an 03 Solar team coached by DM or RC, you should be ready to play against any player or players in their organization...

Just as if you play any Sting team coached by Scarfone or Mendoza, you should be ready to play against any player or players in their organization. Same with Liverpool... they share players all the time too.

Its really not that hard of a concept to grasp. Everyone just loves to hate on Solar... especially the ex-Solars...

good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 11/06/12, 04:31 pm

And with that...they may get blown out by an 04 team one week and win a 02 tournament a month later. I guess it isn't so complicated afterall
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hottestsoccermominDFW 11/06/12, 04:45 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:And with that...they may get blown out by an 04 team one week and win a 02 tournament a month later. I guess it isn't so complicated afterall

I agree good cheers 4nuthin and funny solarpower00

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 11/06/12, 05:29 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:And with that...they may get blown out by an 04 team one week and win a 02 tournament a month later. I guess it isn't so complicated afterall

I guarantee you, that 04 team could have given any 03 team a run for their money on that morning...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 11/06/12, 05:42 pm

Header wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

Beautiful logic!

Actually that's not what I said but I've found that reading comprehension isn't what it used to be these days. Smile

I said parents should do their due dilegence and research and if you don't then you are an idiot and can't be helped Smile

Personally I've always thought you should try out different teams and coaches to find one that fits your child. Far too often parents fall in love with a coach and never realize that he or she is a horrible coach. Parents fall trap to the "if we aren't winning we are falling behind mentality" and so they allow their daughter to continue playing on a team where the concept of soccer is to blast the ball long and let your fast kid try to out run everyone. Yes it can be successful but it's not the way the game is evolving nationally and eventually the best athletes can be beaten by a team that can actually control the ball and move it around. At this age losing isn't a bad thing if your coach is actually teaching them how to play the game.

BTW 11v11 with 9 and even 10/11 year olds is a beating to watch.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 11/06/12, 11:03 pm

good4nuthin wrote:

I think the take away from this whole thread is that whenever you play an 03 Solar team coached by DM or RC, you should be ready to play against any player or players in their organization...

Just as if you play any Sting team coached by Scarfone or Mendoza, you should be ready to play against any player or players in their organization. Same with Liverpool... they share players all the time too.

Its really not that hard of a concept to grasp. Everyone just loves to hate on Solar... especially the ex-Solars...

To get the facts in the open Mendoza has used a guest player 1 time in well over a year plus. The one time was in a double header during TGPL league play this year where the team was only able to field a team of 10 players for the second game vs SRSA. Any other time we have had a new player join us has been under the understanding that said player is interested in joining the team and her guest play is a tryout of sorts. We do not borrow players in club or out of club just to fill space or for the BIG game. When you see Sting Mendoza on a schedule you get his team...good, bad or indifferent. . Case in point...this weekend we played this weekend including the 3 games Sunday with one sub as two players were oot and another went down with a concussion during Saturday's play...we didnt call for reinforcements. We sure as heck could have used some help though because Derrick's machine was not in a giving mood.

What Mendoza does with his roster is a personal choice which doesn't make his choice right neither does it make any other coaches decision with his/her roster wrong. I just want to put the truth out there for whatever it is worth...
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 12/06/12, 08:24 am

outonthelimb wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:

To get the facts in the open Mendoza has used a guest player 1 time in well over a year plus. The one time was in a double header during TGPL league play this year where the team was only able to field a team of 10 players for the second game vs SRSA. Any other time we have had a new player join us has been under the understanding that said player is interested in joining the team and her guest play is a tryout of sorts. We do not borrow players in club or out of club just to fill space or for the BIG game. When you see Sting Mendoza on a schedule you get his team...good, bad or indifferent. . Case in point...this weekend we played this weekend including the 3 games Sunday with one sub as two players were oot and another went down with a concussion during Saturday's play...we didnt call for reinforcements. We sure as heck could have used some help though because Derrick's machine was not in a giving mood.

What Mendoza does with his roster is a personal choice which doesn't make his choice right neither does it make any other coaches decision with his/her roster wrong. I just want to put the truth out there for whatever it is worth...

Apologies, I should know better than to call out other teams I am not associated with by name and make general assumptions.

I think the take away from this whole thread is that whenever you play an 03 Solar team coached by DM or RC, you should be ready to play against any player or players in their organization... It was even that way when KW was coaching - so it's not like this is something new...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 12/06/12, 08:45 am

You are absolutely correct good4nuthin. This SRSA support has been around before you and RC came on board. But the question many of us ask is why? Why is one team so dependent on guests players season after season?

Why can the sister team only survive with the help of SRSA....will Chelsea ever be able 'leave the nest' and fly on their own?

Training side by side with the best team in Texas has brought many talented kids your way, but unfortunately, I believe it's also created some sort of weird dynamic that keeps this Chelsea team in a state of turmoil.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 12/06/12, 10:12 am

SolarPower00 wrote:You are absolutely correct good4nuthin. This SRSA support has been around before you and RC came on board. But the question many of us ask is why? Why is one team so dependent on guests players season after season?

Why can the sister team only survive with the help of SRSA....will Chelsea ever be able 'leave the nest' and fly on their own?

Training side by side with the best team in Texas has brought many talented kids your way, but unfortunately, I believe it's also created some sort of weird dynamic that keeps this Chelsea team in a state of turmoil.

I only speak for myself and the best interest of my DD (keep in mind that I have been branded by this forum as arrogant, an idiot, clueless etc.. - I am sure someone will remind me of names I forgot).

but - Why not? It's academy - it is not the time for players to get as much play time as possible in as many situations as possible? I am sure this will be a different conversation a year from now, but for now I am fine with the DD getting shot on and doing skills with the best 03 players anywhere, having quality coaches at the helm and playing in as many different situations as possible - be that - getting hammered by an 04 team, or smashing an 02 team, or playing competitively with her own age group. Hopefully she will be prepared for anything once select rolls around...

good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2