North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

06 What League will your team play in

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What League will your team play in

06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Empty Re: 06 What League will your team play in

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 10:52 am

jm23jm wrote:
skeets00g wrote:
DD'SBIGGERTHANYOURS wrote:My guess would be to challenge his DD's

I hope your guess is not true as I think/hope the 06' division will be challenging.
It would have been great to have the 06 teams play each other to see how the teams
rack and stack...

Where are the strong 06 teams playing? I think a lot of 06 teams are just getting started so it is hard to find a strong challenging league.I feel playing up is best for my team at this time.

The strong teams that I know of such as Solar Webb, Solar Daniels, and Texans Torres, are all playing Primetime. I am not familiar with the other teams, but I sm sure there are other teams that are strong. I think a league of 4-5 strong teams would be interesting. I do not think Solar Webb, Solar Daniels, Texans Torres, and Kicks have not played each other yet. I have seen each play and I think they are very close.
It would be great to have the Kick's join in at least for the fall.

Back to top Go down

06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Empty Re: 06 What League will your team play in

Post by grassyknoll 07/08/12, 11:10 am

skeets00g wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
skeets00g wrote:

I hope your guess is not true as I think/hope the 06' division will be challenging.
It would have been great to have the 06 teams play each other to see how the teams
rack and stack...

Where are the strong 06 teams playing? I think a lot of 06 teams are just getting started so it is hard to find a strong challenging league.I feel playing up is best for my team at this time.

The strong teams that I know of such as Solar Webb, Solar Daniels, and Texans Torres, are all playing Primetime. I am not familiar with the other teams, but I sm sure there are other teams that are strong. I think a league of 4-5 strong teams would be interesting. I do not think Solar Webb, Solar Daniels, Texans Torres, and Kicks have not played each other yet. I have seen each play and I think they are very close.

Sounds like Kicks is being called out!!
Can't wait for the season to start. Now if only I could get DD to stop chasing butterflies and to focus!
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 11:24 am

grassyknoll wrote:
skeets00g wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
skeets00g wrote:

rack and stack...

Can't wait for the season to start. Now if only I could get DD to stop chasing butterflies and to focus!

Hey, I am not trying to start trouble or call out anyone for 6 year old soccer. Just trying to help corral the strong teams as this is their
first true year of academy soccer with their own age group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 11:24 am

grassyknoll wrote:
Androfan wrote:
MiddleClass wrote:Dallas Kicks 06 will play in the CFBAL 05 Gold Division.

Very Happy Going to be a fun fall season!!

Andro,
Where are your DD's playing?
I have the pleasure of watching her with both Kicks 06 teams. Feels like I have multiple DDs right now, but only one

My BB is right behind her with Coach Daniels team. Excellent staff at Kicks!

Who is yours with?

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 07/08/12, 12:39 pm

Androfan wrote:
grassyknoll wrote:
Androfan wrote:
MiddleClass wrote:Dallas Kicks 06 will play in the CFBAL 05 Gold Division.

Very Happy Going to be a fun fall season!!

Andro,
Where are your DD's playing?
I have the pleasure of watching her with both Kicks 06 teams. Feels like I have multiple DDs right now, but only one

My BB is right behind her with Coach Daniels team. Excellent staff at Kicks!

Who is yours with?

I know that. I think you took Sweepers spot as the official Kicks cheerleader. lol! J/k
I meant which league, but I went back and saw which league.

Last edited by grassyknoll on 30/08/12, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 12:43 pm

Nah I got nothing on Sweep, and I'm staying clear of the 01 forum. Haha

We cross paths one day say hi.

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 07/08/12, 12:50 pm

skeets00g wrote:
grassyknoll wrote:
skeets00g wrote:
jm23jm wrote:[quote="skeets0
Hey, I am not trying to start trouble or call out anyone for 6 year old soccer. Just trying to help corral the strong teams as this is their

Skeets- no trouble here. I think I need to stop posting on this forum anyway. :0)

We played Solar McDaniels twice last season in Primetime, very good team. I called Primetime last week and didn't see Solar McDaniel or Kat's team signed up. With the amount of teams in the 05 league I felt it was best for us at this time. Best of luck to you in Primetime.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 01:01 pm

jm23jm wrote:
skeets00g wrote:
grassyknoll wrote:
skeets00g wrote:
jm23jm wrote:[quote="skeets0

Skeets- no trouble here. I think I need to stop posting on this forum anyway. :0)

We played Solar McDaniels twice last season in Primetime, very good team. I called Primetime last week and didn't see Solar McDaniel or Kat's team signed up. With the amount of teams in the 05 league I felt it was best for us at this time. Best of luck to you in Primetime.

LOL - Coach this forum is addicting! Good luck with the upcoming season!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 07/08/12, 01:59 pm

How about Androfan organize a pre-season 06 tourney? Very Happy

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 02:11 pm

DD'SBIGGERTHANYOURS wrote:How about Androfan organize a pre-season 06 tourney? Very Happy

WHAT WHAT... did I hear Friendlies... I have had emails asking for months now.

Anyone care to pony up some fields we can use, or a good suggestion on a facility that will rent them to us? Teams cover the cost of the rentals.

If everyone wants it we can do it.

Feet?? centrally located. The 05s pulled it off back in April and it was great for all the teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 07/08/12, 02:15 pm

Blue Sky in the Colony has rates as posted here: http://www.blueskysportscenter.com/docs/Field-Rental-Rates.pdf

FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Empty friendly @ newly updated Dynamic Sports Park (Plano)

Post by DYSP Promo 07/08/12, 04:33 pm

This may be a good option for the preseason tournament suggestion...

Dynamic Sports Park is hosting an Upper 90 Challenge friendly tournament later this month as part of their Grand Opening.

Tournament website: www.u90challenge.com
DYSP Promo
DYSP Promo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by newbfc 08/08/12, 11:24 pm

Just an FYI really, but from what I have been able to find out there are currently zero 06 teams signed up for U7 in EAL, CFBAL, or UAL. So it looks like Primetime, SDL and PSA are the only leagues with any teams signed up so far, with only a few days left. FC Xtreme 06 at this point is leaning towards playing up in U8 in UAL. Would go to SDL or Primetime but the field size is really just way to big for this age, in my opinion, for our girls anyway. So down to PSA or UAL and not knowing how many teams will be in PSA looks like UAL U8 is where we'll end up.

newbfc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/12, 04:24 am

Kicks north, Andromeda, and solar Armstrong are already in PSA. Texans Hollis will be there also, and a couple others.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 09/08/12, 06:52 am

PSA fields are really small! My DD played there last season
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/12, 07:04 am

lostntexas wrote:PSA fields are really small! My DD played there last season

The fields at PSA are 30x50 with a 5x8 goal. That is actually the perfect size field for 7v7. The Academy fields that leagues generally use are too big for kids this age.

The PSA fields allow space for play, yet they are not having to travel 80-100 yards to get the length of the field.

Kept the field of play compact so they had to use ball skill or risk loosing it, but still gave space to allow for movement of the ball between positions. There was some excellent play from the 05s that played there last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 09/08/12, 07:10 am

Just way too small. IMO Glad we're not playing there again
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/12, 07:19 am

lostntexas wrote:Just way too small. IMO Glad we're not playing there again

I respect your opinion, and will have to agree to disagree.

There is a time and place for the bigger field, and yes there are some younger teams that are advanced enough to play on a larger field, but a field the size of PSA is an excellent field size for working on lots of things and it is still about development right now. There are players that are just now wading into academy soccer or advanced training and have no business on a field that is 80-100 yards longs.

Look at Celtic '05, a top 05 team in that age group, they played at PSA last spring as their second league and utilized it to work tactics and ball movement. Coach Brian did an excellent job emphasizing specific things with his team there. It was a pleasure watching my DD play against that squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 09/08/12, 07:28 am

Good point, I think some of our girls was a little advance for that small field. It will allow you to work on skills and playing in tight spaces. But to each its own GOOD LUCK.
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/12, 07:39 am

I dont think a player is ever to advanced for a smaller field. Look at Barca, those players have the skill and ability to function under pressure and in tight spaces because of small sided games, and futsal.

What good is a big field when the number of times a player is substitued out of a game for a water break and to catch her breathe is increased because well little suzy just had to run the length of an 80yd field 10 times in a matter of minutes.

Touches on the ball and time with the ball decrease as the field size increases.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 09/08/12, 07:41 am

Just my opinion Laughing
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 09/08/12, 08:44 am

I agree that the PSA fields are the perfect size for the '06's that are just getting started in academy. My DD played up last season to get a head start for this season. We played the '05 Celtic team last spring, and they were able to pass the ball very effectively around us. The goal sizes are probably too small, but overall, PSA is a good place to start. Solar Armstrong will be playing there this Fall.
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

06 What League will your team play in - Page 2 Empty Texas Spirit North 06

Post by Sting Monk 14/08/12, 11:00 pm

Spirit 06 will be playing SDL
Sting Monk
Sting Monk
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2