North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years

Go down

U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years Empty U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 15/08/12, 09:24 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/83530/mexico-vs-usa/play-by-play

Jurgen is good! Finally put out a back line with some athleticism and managed to beat the Olympic Champions in their own house. Did it without duece, without Bradley, without Donovan doing jack diddly, and without ANY of the porous back line we have used in the past few years. Cameron is a BEAST!

Give us a revamped back line and add Bradley and Dempsey in the mix and we might make some noise next few years.

Go USA!

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years Empty Re: U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years

Post by go99 15/08/12, 09:27 pm

USA USA USA
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years Empty Re: U.S. Beats Mexico in Mexico for first time in 70 Years

Post by ClubDD95/00 15/08/12, 09:28 pm

Change the avatar. Lol
ClubDD95/00
ClubDD95/00
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim 15/08/12, 09:34 pm

ClubDD95/00 wrote:Change the avatar. Lol

I totally agree. That guy's avatar is totally inappropriate.
Slim
Slim
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/08/12, 10:33 pm

So let me make sure I have the facts straight:

The US men's team doesn't even quality for the Olympics. The Mexican team surprises everyone by beating even the mighty Brazil for the gold medal. And now we're supposed to believe that Mexico even gave a crap about this match? They were too busy thinking about the parades (plural) being planned for them. This match meant nothing and is not an indication that the US men's team has made any great strides. If they even qualify for the NEXT Olympics, perhaps they'll get my attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 15/08/12, 10:36 pm

So the Mexican team tonight consisted of the U23 players that were on the Olympic team?

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/08/12, 10:37 pm

there is no way Mexico wanted to go into Mexico city and lose to the US. Say what you will but Mexico wanted that game. But I will agree no great strides by the US. Maybe mexico just isn't the world soccer power many are trying to make them out to be.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 15/08/12, 11:13 pm

Xara wrote:So let me make sure I have the facts straight:

The US men's team doesn't even quality for the Olympics. The Mexican team surprises everyone by beating even the mighty Brazil for the gold medal. And now we're supposed to believe that Mexico even gave a crap about this match? They were too busy thinking about the parades (plural) being planned for them. This match meant nothing and is not an indication that the US men's team has made any great strides. If they even qualify for the NEXT Olympics, perhaps they'll get my attention.

I am certainly glad to see your hating knows no bounds... As I've said before, you are an equal oppourtunity hater!
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 16/08/12, 08:24 am

Xara wrote:So let me make sure I have the facts straight:

The Olympic teams were not the national teams. They were the u23 teams with 3 older veterans allowed. That's why Spain or Germany didn't win the gold.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 16/08/12, 08:25 am

So, I have a question about last nights game.
Did anyone see the game and if so were you proud of the team we placed on the field?

We never connected more than three passes. Our first touch was 5 yards from our body, straight to the mexican defenders. Our passes were horrible. Even the commentators had a hard time talking about the positives from the US team. Of course, this wasn't the Mexican team that just got back from London last week. However, they did have a couple of players that played in London. I believe possession was Mexico 60% and US 40%, those are not the exact number but it was horrible in my opinion.

Mexico had 15 shots on goal for the night. 10 Corner Kicks to our 0. We had 0 offsides, and played defense for most of the game.
Only US player that really stood out was Howard and Shea!
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 16/08/12, 08:35 am

Its Me wrote:So, I have a question about last nights game.
Did anyone see the game and if so were you proud of the team we placed on the field?

We never connected more than three passes. Our first touch was 5 yards from our body, straight to the mexican defenders. Our passes were horrible. Even the commentators had a hard time talking about the positives from the US team. Of course, this wasn't the Mexican team that just got back from London last week. However, they did have a couple of players that played in London. I believe possession was Mexico 60% and US 40%, those are not the exact number but it was horrible in my opinion.

That's probably a similar possession stat for Chelsea in their Champions League wins over both Barca and Bayern Munich. Smile

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 16/08/12, 08:38 am

Its Me wrote:So, I have a question about last nights game.

Mexico had 15 shots on goal for the night. 10 Corner Kicks to our 0. We had 0 offsides, and played defense for most of the game.
Only US player that really stood out was Howard and Shea!

I watched the game. Keep the cherondolu, and gooch and boca negra, etc. etc. Cameron played better at CB than anyone I've seen back there in 10 years. Edu didn't seem convincing but the rest of the back four were stellar. Folks were predicting Mexico would blow us out 4 or more goals. The goal was scored by a young player just subbed in at outside back. Castillo showed what he is capable of and was solid all night. No - we didn't dominate posession, and we couldn't keep the ball worth a flip in midfield, and we were thoroughly outplayed in every area EXCEPT our defensive third, but I was PROUD of our defense! Mexico had a ton of posession but how many legit shots did they get until late in the game? It showed we do have defensive talent if the coaches can broaden their minds and give the younger generation a shot. The defense is our weak link in my opinion - and hopefully this allows Jurgen to seriously explore new options when the full squad is available.

Folks claiming Mexico didn't want to win against US at AZTECA must not pay attention. Chicharrito played the entire game. If they didn't want to win he'd have been in Manchester instead of Mexico.

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/08/12, 08:48 am

mexico is just not as great as some were ready to crown them. They beat Brazil by a stupid defensive giveaway and a free kick from a phantom foul in a youth tournament. They are not yet a world power. Great win by the US but there is a long road and alot of work to do.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 16/08/12, 09:12 am

go99 wrote:mexico is just not as great as some were ready to crown them. They beat Brazil by a stupid defensive giveaway and a free kick from a phantom foul in a youth tournament. They are not yet a world power. Great win by the US but there is a long road and alot of work to do.

Great win but don't discount Mexico. Their U17 won their world cup. Their u20 are off the chain. Their U23 just beat Brazil at the olympics and that Brazil team had several highly sought after world class players. Neymar, Marcelo, Hulk, Oscar (headed to Chelsea), Pato, Ganso...no way you can discount Mexico's olympics win.

Mexico IS way ahead of us by any standard you use. If their youth transition well, they are truly on the verge of breaking into the top tier of soccer powers. That said - we beat Italy, now we beat Mexico where only a handful have EVER done it. That says to me Jurgen has us moving in the right direction.

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 16/08/12, 09:29 am

4-4-2-Diamond wrote:I watched the game. Keep the cherondolu, and gooch and boca negra, etc. etc. Cameron played better at CB than anyone I've seen back there in 10 years. Edu didn't seem convincing but the rest of the back four were stellar. Folks were predicting Mexico would blow us out 4 or more goals. The goal was scored by a young player just subbed in at outside back. Castillo showed what he is capable of and was solid all night. No - we didn't dominate posession, and we couldn't keep the ball worth a flip in midfield, and we were thoroughly outplayed in every area EXCEPT our defensive third, but I was PROUD of our defense! Mexico had a ton of posession but how many legit shots did they get until late in the game? It showed we do have defensive talent if the coaches can broaden their minds and give the younger generation a shot. The defense is our weak link in my opinion - and hopefully this allows Jurgen to seriously explore new options when the full squad is available.

Folks claiming Mexico didn't want to win against US at AZTECA must not pay attention. Chicharrito played the entire game. If they didn't want to win he'd have been in Manchester instead of Mexico.

My thoughts exactly.... well said! While Mexico had the bulk of the possession, they did very little with it until the last 10 minutes, and then Tim Howard showed them why he is das man. I was extremely impressed with Cameron back on defense, and our defense as a whole. These guys hadn't played together much at all and they did a remarkable job under the circumstances. ( When Cameron "nudged" that cross with his head to deflect a sure goal scoring chance I was in awe of his confidence). The goal of this match was to expose our younger prospects to the monster that is a match against Mexico in Azteca stadium, in preparation for the World Cup qualifier there in a year. High altitude, horrible air, and a hostile crowd....We all expected Mexico to win, and in reality the only one who could have come out of this match looking bad was Klinsmann.... and he had the balls (and confidence in his players) to put it out there. I think that speaks volumes about what he expects of his team. We all know these weren't the top squads, but to think that Mexico didn't care about protecting a 75 year unbeaten streak is a bit unfair. I promise you that coach is being hammered in the press today. The stage has been set for an epic game back there in a year. Mission accomplished, our young-uns didn't cave under the pressure.. they slayed a dragon, and its time for the big dogs on the squad to rise to the challenge as well.

Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 16/08/12, 10:00 am

I think Klinsmann is fighting the political battles. Klinsmann's bosses are the "old guard", and are protecting anybody thats left over from the Arena era. Klinsmann came in and immediately started to shake things up - which made them mad. Then, all of a sudden, the old roster was back in place. I think Klinsmann has been fighting them, and used this game to make his point. It was a "If I can go into Mexico City and get an impossibly good result with the players I choose, will you believe me?" kind of statement. Look for a different roster and more player movement as we move into the qualification games. Dempsey, Donovan, Howard and Torres are safe (maybe Edu as well as a 12th man) - all other positions are up for grabs.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 16/08/12, 10:11 am

Last night's game made me appreciate Michael Bradley a whole lot more. Lots and lots of giveaways in transition from the defenders to the central mids.

Really liked Cameron a lot as well.

The green lasers pointed at Howard all night were really annoying. We have to find a way to stop ignorant fans..not just in Mexico....we have our fair share here on the weekends!
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down