North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen? Empty What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen?

Post by El 27/08/12, 05:31 pm

We know that goal keepers are worth their weight in gold, but which team has the best goal keeper? Here is what I'm looking for... The top teams can afford to have just about anyone play the keeper position because they don't see much action. Shut outs would not be the best indicator because top teams do a great job of possessing the ball. I'm sure there are teams that have keepers that can stop anything and keep them in games. So let the team keeper top 5 rankings begin...

El
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen? Empty Re: What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen?

Post by Airwynn 27/08/12, 05:50 pm

FCD Premier and Palmisano both have good keepers!
Airwynn
Airwynn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen? Empty Re: What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen?

Post by Blank77 27/08/12, 06:09 pm

USWNT!
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/08/12, 06:23 pm

Let's cut to the chase. El Matador's daughter is the best 03 keeper out there. All of the others are suck-ish. At 8 years of age, you've either got it or you don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 27/08/12, 06:28 pm

Who is the best keeper that is playing another position?
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mackgee 27/08/12, 06:36 pm

My vote would be D'Feeters goalie. I've watched her play many games, and there's few goalies in this age group who will will sacrifice her body as she does. She's been trained very well, and if she continues on the path she's on right now will be a top three goalie no doubt come ENCL time...
mackgee
mackgee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 27/08/12, 06:38 pm

Zidane wrote:Who is the best keeper that is playing another position?

I think you mean right now, but in the long term, we don't know, because that player has never played keeper yet, and is developing the necessary foot skills as a field player.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 27/08/12, 07:42 pm

intrinsic wrote:
Zidane wrote:Who is the best keeper that is playing another position?

I think you mean right now, but in the long term, we don't know, because that player has never played keeper yet, and is developing the necessary foot skills as a field player.

Right on! Many of the really great girl GK's start late. Hope Solo as an example did not start playing GK until her first year in college.
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 27/08/12, 07:44 pm

El-Matador wrote:We know that goal keepers are worth their weight in gold, but which team has the best goal keeper? Here is what I'm looking for... The top teams can afford to have just about anyone play the keeper position because they don't see much action. Shut outs would not be the best indicator because top teams do a great job of possessing the ball. I'm sure there are teams that have keepers that can stop anything and keep them in games. So let the team keeper top 5 rankings begin...

This is the stupidest thread ever. The question at this age should be: who looks the cutest in their gk get up?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 27/08/12, 07:47 pm

flygirl wrote:
El-Matador wrote:We know that goal keepers are worth their weight in gold, but which team has the best goal keeper? Here is what I'm looking for... The top teams can afford to have just about anyone play the keeper position because they don't see much action. Shut outs would not be the best indicator because top teams do a great job of possessing the ball. I'm sure there are teams that have keepers that can stop anything and keep them in games. So let the team keeper top 5 rankings begin...

This is the stupidest thread ever. The question at this age should be: who looks the cutest in their gk get up?

You're obviously new to this. Stick around, this is nothing! This place is full of stupidity. Wink
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 27/08/12, 07:57 pm

grassyknoll wrote:
flygirl wrote:

You're obviously new to this. Stick around, this is nothing! This place is full of stupidity. Wink

I'm learning quickly. The obvious attraction to this forum is to witness train wrecks in action.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/08/12, 08:26 pm

So GrassyKnoll and FlyGirl are suggesting the best goal-keeper (eventual top ECNL material) CAN'T be identified at 8 years of age? Maybe you two just lack the eye-for-true-talent that the OP possesses.

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 27/08/12, 08:33 pm

lol...When I first started coach said line up on this line...dive on your face...the one kid that did...the gk.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie 27/08/12, 08:56 pm

That's genius dadof3.... a 9 year old that will dive and doesn't have hands of stone is all you can really ask for. I will agree that FCD Palmisano and D'Feeters' both have really good keepers.

Sorry, I have not seen FC Premier and most of the other eighty 03 teams play.

Last edited by Rookie on 27/08/12, 09:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rookie
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 27/08/12, 09:10 pm

Xara wrote:So GrassyKnoll and FlyGirl are suggesting the best goal-keeper (eventual top ECNL material) CAN'T be identified at 8 years of age? Maybe you two just lack the eye-for-true-talent that the OP possesses.
True. I certainly lack the eye for true talent at GK. But only because my DD's don't play GK!! Wink Otherwise, I'd be an expert at it. Very Happy
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Development.vs Rankings 27/08/12, 09:35 pm

The D'Feeters GK in my opionion. I have been watching her for awhile. She is fearless and her training is apparent.

Development.vs Rankings
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

What teams have the best goal keeper that you have seen? Empty LOL!!

Post by vickj 27/08/12, 09:41 pm

LOL!!!

Laughing

vickj
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.teachmethepiano.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 27/08/12, 09:57 pm

mackgee wrote:My vote would be D'Feeters goalie. I've watched her play many games, and there's few goalies in this age group who will will sacrifice her body as she does. She's been trained very well, and if she continues on the path she's on right now will be a top three goalie no doubt come ENCL time...

ECNL.....U14....
Really?

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 27/08/12, 10:42 pm

Development.vs Rankings wrote:The D'Feeters GK in my opionion. I have been watching her for awhile. She is fearless and her training is apparent.

C5 and Development vs Rankings - are you married??? Or the same person???

Last edited by flygirl on 27/08/12, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 27/08/12, 10:43 pm

Xara wrote:So GrassyKnoll and FlyGirl are suggesting the best goal-keeper (eventual top ECNL material) CAN'T be identified at 8 years of age? Maybe you two just lack the eye-for-true-talent that the OP possesses.

Exactly....
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Development.vs Rankings 27/08/12, 10:55 pm

Don't know what you are talking about. Just stating my opinion. I thought this forum was about girls soccer.

Development.vs Rankings
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by C5thomas 28/08/12, 10:25 am

Flygirl no I have no idea who Development vs Rankings is. So please don't assume things and dont bring me into your conversations. There are several good keepers out there. Unfountently, there are more teams then keepers. Thats why keepers are in such demand. I will say there aren't many that will throw themselves around, but I can name a few that we've seen. Haven't seen the D'Feeters but I'm sure she's good since they are not looking to replace her. And like all parents we like to brag abit about our kiddos. Nothing wrong with that. The best goalie in '03 may not even know shes a GK yet and the best out there now may not even play in 2 years. All that matters is the girls have fun and maybe in 9 years we can all take a momement and rejoice in the fact that someone else is paying for them to go to school. Cause as it is, it seems I'm paying for college now. But if my daughter's skill doesn't pay off her grades will. Remember, God, Family, Country, School,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sports those who follow that are the true champions!

C5thomas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/12, 10:29 am

grassyknoll wrote:
flygirl wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 28/08/12, 10:35 am

you guys are out there. It was a simple question. He didn't ask who will be the best GK. He asked who is the best you have seen now. Best I have seen in the 03's is the one from solar kennington 03. And yes I know that by 60 she may not even be playing keeper and yes I know hope solo played jacks and barbie dolls until she was 15.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 28/08/12, 10:51 am

C5thomas wrote:Flygirl no I have no idea who Development vs Rankings is. So please don't assume things and dont bring me into your conversations. There are several good keepers out there. Unfountently, there are more teams then keepers. Thats why keepers are in such demand. I will say there aren't many that will throw themselves around, but I can name a few that we've seen. Haven't seen the D'Feeters but I'm sure she's good since they are not looking to replace her. And like all parents we like to brag abit about our kiddos. Nothing wrong with that. The best goalie in '03 may not even know shes a GK yet and the best out there now may not even play in 2 years. All that matters is the girls have fun and maybe in 9 years we can all take a momement and rejoice in the fact that someone else is paying for them to go to school. Cause as it is, it seems I'm paying for college now. But if my daughter's skill doesn't pay off her grades will. Remember, God, Family, Country, School,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sports those who follow that are the true champions!

I am sorry C5 - I thought for some reason you were a DeFeeters parent .. On a better note, for the first time, I totally agree with what you say above!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next