North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? Empty PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Post by cluemein 18/09/12, 11:08 am

Below is email we got for daughters team about 3 weeks after new coach took over. Team hope to be D1 next June.

[Coach] has asked me to send out this email to a select set of players. Please read the following quote from [Coach]:
“Here is the list of Players that are not allowed to play or train with any other team (Including the Second Team) or any other club and will be expected to train with me at all times.  Please let them know that from now on, this team is their priority and to keep it confidential.”

If you’re getting this email, then the above quote applies to your daughter starting today. Please keep this confidential until further notice.

Thanks

[Manager]

(Above is whole email - “list of players” wasnt included in it).

What should we take it to mean? Coach expects a exclusive from the player... is this a commitment from Coach?

cluemein
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? Empty Re: PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Post by 02Dad 18/09/12, 11:12 am

cluemein wrote:Below is email we got for daughters team about 3 weeks after new coach took over. Team hope to be D1 next June.

[Coach] has asked me to send out this email to a select set of players. Please read the following quote from [Coach]:
“Here is the list of Players that are not allowed to play or train with any other team (Including the Second Team) or any other club and will be expected to train with me at all times.  Please let them know that from now on, this team is their priority and to keep it confidential.”

If you’re getting this email, then the above quote applies to your daughter starting today. Please keep this confidential until further notice.

Thanks

[Manager]

What should we take it to mean? Coach expects a exclusive from the player... is this a commitment from Coach?

What age group is this?

If its 03 or younger you can do whatever you want until you join a select team and sign contracts.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? Empty Re: PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 11:22 am

I would take it to mean the coach is worried about your daughter and a few others looking around and finding a new team. Your kid is probably part of the core he wants to take to select and is trying to get you to commit to him.

If you like the coach and team, then follow his rules. If you want to look around, be very quiet about it and hope no one else sees your kid playing with other teams, or run the risk of getting on the coaches bad side.

Or you could simply ask the coach what he means and tell him what you think about it. If you want to try out other teams, be upfront with him about it and let the chips fall where they may.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 18/09/12, 11:26 am

Or you could tell the coach to take a hike.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 18/09/12, 11:30 am

cluemein wrote:Below is email we got for daughters team about 3 weeks after new coach took over. Team hope to be D1 next June.

Thanks

[Manager]

You can basically do two things, ignore it and do whatever you want - which is perfectly legal in academy or you can do what he says and hope your DD stays in his plans. There are many coaches out there that will drop a player or bench them if better option comes along - reguardless of who was there first or how loyal the first player was. His job is to win, and for now he thinks keeping your DD close will help him win. Just keep in mind, if he found better kids, he probably won't think twice to drop yours. You are your DD's advocate, you must do what is best for her reguardless of team or coach. No one else is looking out for her as #1 - everyone else has an agenda.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfreak 18/09/12, 11:35 am

Wow, that's odd! Actually, it would really tick me off because of its tone--it's kind of like a threat to me...the question being "or what?", you're off the the team if you violate a rule? I'm guessing this is a top team which is why the coach would think they can say something like this. But, it isn't select and there's no contract yet, that is that. Now, I would think that a coach might personally talk to "top players" parents and say, "hey, I want you to know that your DD is tops on my team and I'd really hate to lose her to another team for select so please let me know if you have any concerns as I'd like to make sure we keep her." And he could say that it's his/her preference that she practice only with his/her team. I'd call the coach or try to meet privately and ask what this all means.

Of course, you've also just made a whole bunch of parents whose kids AREN'T on your team worried they didn't get the email, ha!

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfreak 18/09/12, 11:36 am

Or maybe the coach sent this email out to EVERYONE on the team so everyone thinks they're "in" but no one knows since they're forbidden to talk! (jk)

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 18/09/12, 11:44 am

Run the other way. FAST!

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 18/09/12, 11:50 am

Reading all this made me wonder, does the new coach have shaved legs and drive a jacked up truck that screams insecurity?
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 18/09/12, 12:35 pm

He's trying to organize his core group within his roster before going much further down the path. From the coach's perspective, I get it.

What I don't like is that now you know your coach has no problem with keeping secrets. He's keeping a secret from some of his roster on this one. He expects you to share that secret. While you're on the inside of the secrets this time, how do you know you're going to be inside the "circle of trust" for the next one? How many secrets have you already missed?

To this coach... If you're announcing to everyone that you're comfortable with keeping secrets, don't be surprised on signing day when you find out that some of your families decided to keep a few secrets from you. Honesty is always the best policy.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 12:49 pm

The e-mail is way to aggressive and demanding. It seems that he is trying to set some boundaries for individual players, but with this e- mail has created more harm than good.

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 18/09/12, 01:12 pm

Blank77 wrote:

Reading all this made me wonder, does the new coach have shaved legs and drive a jacked up truck that screams insecurity?

and sunglasses - don't forget sunglasses. Remember, the glare off the shaved legs hurts his eyes. Laughing

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan88 18/09/12, 01:17 pm

Thanks

[Manager]

Run run run as fast as you can, the coach can't catch me I'm an academy girl!!!!!!
You can go to an other team but I would first talk to a couple of parents that you can trust. I'm almost sure what club it is, but I wouldn't spill the beans just yet.
cheers

soccerfan88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 18/09/12, 01:23 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:What I don't like is that now you know your coach has no problem with keeping secrets. He's keeping a secret from some of his roster on this one. He expects you to share that secret. While you're on the inside of the secrets this time, how do you know you're going to be inside the "circle of trust" for the next one? How many secrets have you already missed?

To this coach... If you're announcing to everyone that you're comfortable with keeping secrets, don't be surprised on signing day when you find out that some of your families decided to keep a few secrets from you. Honesty is always the best policy.

+1 agree 100%....

Also notice the tap-dance that is going on here. The coach tells the manager to do this and keep it on the down low... (so complete "plausible denial" from him should things get crazy).. plus the manager doesn't have the good sense to know to "summarize" what the coach wanted to happen, not regurgitate it word for word.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 18/09/12, 01:38 pm

Print the email, take it to practice and ask the other parents if they received it as well.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 18/09/12, 01:40 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:He's trying to organize his core group within his roster before going much further down the path. From the coach's perspective, I get it.

What I don't like is that now you know your coach has no problem with keeping secrets. He's keeping a secret from some of his roster on this one. He expects you to share that secret. While you're on the inside of the secrets this time, how do you know you're going to be inside the "circle of trust" for the next one? How many secrets have you already missed?

I totally agree... this coach has just announced that he isn't trustworthy. As a recipient of such an email, I would always wonder from now on if there were other emails sent out that I wasn't copied on. Plus, by creating a paper trail rather than doing it in person, he has also announced that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, either. Lastly, the threatening tone would get my hackles up. There are better ways to say to basically the same thing. I would start exploring my options, but very VERY quietly. But as a parent of an '02 who's team just went select, I can tell you to make every effort to be pretty much settled by February.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cluemein 18/09/12, 01:52 pm

This really isnt going how I meant. All I was asking was "do we take that as any sort of commitment."
Please stop responding to this.

cluemein
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 02:01 pm

cluemein wrote:This really isnt going how I meant. All I was asking was "do we take that as any sort of commitment."

Pm admin to remove, good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax 18/09/12, 02:02 pm

Please stop responding to this.[/quote]

Funny!
Ajax
Ajax
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 02:03 pm

Slakemoth wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:What I don't like is that now you know your coach has no problem with keeping secrets. He's keeping a secret from some of his roster on this one. He expects you to share that secret. While you're on the inside of the secrets this time, how do you know you're going to be inside the "circle of trust" for the next one? How many secrets have you already missed?

+1 agree 100%....

Also notice the tap-dance that is going on here. The coach tells the manager to do this and keep it on the down low... (so complete "plausible denial" from him should things get crazy).. plus the manager doesn't have the good sense to know to "summarize" what the coach wanted to happen, not regurgitate it word for word.

Things seem to be a little crazy already!

Last edited by totalsoccer on 18/09/12, 08:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 18/09/12, 02:03 pm

cluemein wrote:This really isnt going how I meant. All I was asking was "do we take that as any sort of commitment."

I would say, yes, this appears to be the coach picking who they want on the team come signing day.

Don't know why they would do it this way, most coaches are pretty up front and talk to parents one by one after practice letting them know.

golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 18/09/12, 02:05 pm

This really isnt going how I meant. All I was asking was "do we take that as any sort of commitment."

It never does.

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 18/09/12, 02:24 pm

On the surface I would say yes... you can take this as the coach wanting your kid on their top team. HOWEVER.. You have to be very clear on one thing.. There is no such thing as a locked in "commitment" until you sign the Club contract on July 1. Til that point the coach can drop you if they decide they like someone better and vice-versa (you can choose to play with, and ultimately sign with, another team if you want)
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 18/09/12, 02:35 pm

Well, if the coach or manager read this board (or someone who knows them) the cat is out of the bag - it was the moment send was hit. If they recognize their email verbiage, then they will start to wonder which of their parents blabbed the big secret. I would do as suggested and have this thread eliminated fast.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 18/09/12, 04:01 pm

Wait, do you think this should be a sticky? It is important information.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next