North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center

Go down

Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center Empty Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center

Post by JustaSport 10/11/12, 11:20 am

In this day and age, we're all quick to point out a negative experience with a business. This review is not like that. My '01 girls team played their first futsal match this morning at the new Dallas Soccer Center in Richardson. For several of the players on both teams, it was their first futsal match ever. Here's a quick initial review:

* Great fields and very helpful staff at DSC. It began this way when I was first signing the team up a few weeks ago and continued through the end of the match today.

* Playing futsal on turf is huge improvement over being on a basketball court. Reasonable contact is allowed, so it's much more like an outdoor soccer game. We didn't need to use the impressive curtains that drop from the ceiling to divide the games, but they are there for when we do. Good turf and fresh, clean facilities.

* The game went well and both teams improved rapidly. Part of that was due to the parents being outside the glass where the players could not hear them. We were able to work all players at all positions and not even think about the score or who might be screaming "that's a foul, ref!".

* Staffers were there to get us oriented before the game. The primary DSC coach/trainer (I still forget his name) hung out and discussed play with me and the opposing coach as we watched the teams on the field. Very easy-going and positive environment.

* When the game was over, another staff member approached me and said there were was an open field if we wanted to use it for a while after the game. Terrific gesture.

* And here's a big one; Claudia, who seems to oversee the general operation of the facility, has been helpful from the start. She approached me at the end to mention that two additional teams would be joining our league and wanted to get my input. Of course, it didn't matter to me. But after dealing with PSA all season and their tendency to change things with zero regard for the customer's opinion, this was huge. Based on one of the other threads, it's an improvement over how PYSA is doing things, as well. It's just communication, right? Why do so many businesses miss that?

I wish DSC well and certainly realize they'll experience some growing pains, especially if customers like what they are getting. Check them out if you've got a team interested in futsal or want to explore their other offering (team/private skills, etc.) I've been impressed so far.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center Empty Re: Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center

Post by SoBeIt 10/11/12, 11:52 am

This has been a paid political announcment to re elect (I still forget his name)
SoBeIt
SoBeIt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center Empty Re: Excellent First Impression of Dallas Soccer Center

Post by Guest 10/11/12, 02:47 pm

My DDs team trains here on Wednesday evenings for winter. Great facility, and Claudia has been refreshing to work with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 10/11/12, 07:20 pm

JustaSport wrote:In this day and age, we're all quick to point out a negative experience with a business. This review is not like that. My '01 girls team played their first futsal match this morning at the new Dallas Soccer Center in Richardson. For several of the players on both teams, it was their first futsal match ever. Here's a quick initial review:

* Great fields and very helpful staff at DSC. It began this way when I was first signing the team up a few weeks ago and continued through the end of the match today.

* Playing futsal on turf is huge improvement over being on a basketball court. Reasonable contact is allowed, so it's much more like an outdoor soccer game. We didn't need to use the impressive curtains that drop from the ceiling to divide the games, but they are there for when we do. Good turf and fresh, clean facilities.

* The game went well and both teams improved rapidly. Part of that was due to the parents being outside the glass where the players could not hear them. We were able to work all players at all positions and not even think about the score or who might be screaming "that's a foul, ref!".

* Staffers were there to get us oriented before the game. The primary DSC coach/trainer (I still forget his name) hung out and discussed play with me and the opposing coach as we watched the teams on the field. Very easy-going and positive environment.

* When the game was over, another staff member approached me and said there were was an open field if we wanted to use it for a while after the game. Terrific gesture.

* And here's a big one; Claudia, who seems to oversee the general operation of the facility, has been helpful from the start. She approached me at the end to mention that two additional teams would be joining our league and wanted to get my input. Of course, it didn't matter to me. But after dealing with PSA all season and their tendency to change things with zero regard for the customer's opinion, this was huge. Based on one of the other threads, it's an improvement over how PYSA is doing things, as well. It's just communication, right? Why do so many businesses miss that?

I wish DSC well and certainly realize they'll experience some growing pains, especially if customers like what they are getting. Check them out if you've got a team interested in futsal or want to explore their other offering (team/private skills, etc.) I've been impressed so far.

I love the part about parents being outside the glass where the kids can't hear them. cheers
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 10/11/12, 09:39 pm

JustaSport wrote:
* Playing futsal on turf is huge improvement over being on a basketball court. Reasonable contact is allowed, so it's much more like an outdoor soccer game.

This doesn't make it Futsal in my opinion. Its more like indoor soccer. The point behind Futsal is the strict emphasis on footskill, quick passing and defending without tackling. On a hard court, with a ball that is like a lead weight, the smooth surface is offset by the weight of the ball, plus if you try to toe-kick the ball, you are in for a world of hurt.

A question for you is: Did you use a Futsal ball or a regular one?

Also, FYI, I am glad y'all are pleased with your experience. In the end, its the touches that matter. My only concern is why they call it Futsal and not "indoor with Futsal rules."

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/12, 08:49 am

Playing futsal on turf is huge improvement over being on a basketball court. Reasonable contact is allowed, so it's much more like an outdoor soccer game

glad you had a good time but you didn't play futsal. We have played at dsc and iad and iad has real futsal fields but dsc is a nice facility.Futsal is designed for low to no contact, high ball control and fast paced play. Playing on slow turf defeats the purpose of futsal which is to control the ball at a high level or pay the price.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 11/11/12, 11:05 am

JustaSport wrote:

* ..... But after dealing with PSA all season and their tendency to change things with zero regard for the customer's opinion, this was huge.

Sounds like a number of parents are not happy with PSA. PSA(Karen) I know you monitor the forum. When customers are unhappy, they find elsewhere to play(and pay). PSA has 2 and soon to be 3 big buildings to pay for, the seeds of discontent have been planted.

Last edited by boilerjoe_96 on 11/11/12, 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : quote didn't appear as a quote, and sadly took 2 times)
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/12/12, 05:27 pm

it was God awful. Just a tiny field, with a non futsal ball and kids pounding it left and right using very little skill. A complete waste of time. go to iad play real futsal, with a real ball, with real futsal rules. only suitable for the 5 year old crowd. I went to the game and saw it firsthand only recently. i was only told before that it was "ok" by the kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 01/12/12, 05:51 pm

silentparent wrote:it was God awful. Just a tiny field, with a non futsal ball and kids pounding it left and right using very little skill. A complete waste of time. go to iad play real futsal, with a real ball, with real futsal rules. only suitable for the 5 year old crowd. I went to the game and saw it firsthand only recently. i was only told before that it was "ok" by the kids.

Based on the nature of every single post I've ever read of yours (or tried to read), I would consider this a positive review from someone that knows so little about the sport beyond what he sees of his dd's play. Just a few questions: Are you suggesting the futsal fields are much different in size than most others based your statement about "a tiny field" or is is just cluelessness? And a non-futsal ball? The one my team played with today was. Although I don't know why it would necessarily need to be since the field is turf and a regular soccer ball doesn't bounce much. And if kids were "pounding it left and right using very little skill", that may be because your dd's team is no good. I got to see even some D1 teams out there today, and they looked great. So by all means, go to IAD. One less prima donna parent in Richardson would be all the better.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by JEDGARHOOVER 01/12/12, 06:44 pm

My teams have played at many of the DFW facilities. DSC is one of the best. Fields are small, but width and the turf make for a great futsal experience! Players get the first touch and quick combination play they need from small sided play!!
JEDGARHOOVER
JEDGARHOOVER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 01/12/12, 07:14 pm

My only complaint is that the field is too small for 5v5 at u12, should go down to 4v4 or turn the field and stretch it a little instead of sideways at that older ages.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/12/12, 07:34 pm

JustaSport wrote:
silentparent wrote:it was God awful. Just a tiny field, with a non futsal ball and kids pounding it left and right using very little skill. A complete waste otime. go to iad play real futsal, with a real ball, with real futsal rules. only suitable for the 5 year old crowd. I went to the game and saw it firsthand only recently. i was only told before that it was "ok" by the kids.

Based on the nature of every single post I've ever read of yours (or tried to read), I would consider this a positive review from someone that knows so little about the sport beyond what he sees of his dd's play. Just a few questions: Are you suggesting the futsal fields are much different in size than most others based your statement about "a tiny field" or is is just cluelessness? And a non-futsal ball? The one my team played with today was. Although I don't know why it would necessarily need to be since the field is turf and a regular soccer ball doesn't bounce much. And if kids were "pounding it left and right using very little skill", that may be because your dd's team is no good. I got to see even some D1 teams out there today, and they looked great. So by all means, go to IAD. One less prima donna parent in Richardson would be all the better.

Lol since you wrote an infomercial for them I doubt you have any objectivity. My DD killed the other team and watching other teams shoot from all the way back at the goal over and over again it was obvious real futsal rules were not in effect. It is a terrible excuse for futsal and that is why iad has 190+teams for the winter. But if you want to pretend you are playing futsal there by all means go ahead. We will never go back after this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by JEDGARHOOVER 02/12/12, 04:36 pm

Lol since you wrote an infomercial for them I doubt you have any objectivity. My DD killed the other team and watching other teams shoot from all the way back at the goal over and over again it was obvious real futsal rules were not in effect. It is a terrible excuse for futsal and that is why iad has 190+teams for the winter. But if you want to pretend you are playing futsal there by all means go ahead. We will never go back after this season.

IAD is an excellent futsal expeirence as well. Hope you find peace and happiness there, NEXT year.
JEDGARHOOVER
JEDGARHOOVER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 03/12/12, 12:35 am

My DD played at DSC today. It's seems like a nice place. There are a few strange things about it though. 1st thing is the Referee stands on the same sideline the whole game. Seems like the ref should actually be in the game. Just saying!!!!!
2nd thing is it seems like the area around each goal is to small and the enforcement of the keeper touching the ball outside the area differs from referee to referee. I guess if your going to have that small of an area for the GK, then you have to call it when the ball is touched outside of it. Or make it a bigger area.

I personally don't have a problem with the size of the field and I know we played with a futsal ball. I would also disagree with the ball not bouncing on the turf. The girls were warming up with regular balls and the ball seemed to bounce pretty good.

Over all not a bad place. Definitely better that PSA 2. Just my opinion....

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 03/12/12, 11:53 am

silentparent wrote:

I would say that's at least a red card...if not jail time.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/12, 03:40 pm

10sDad wrote:
silentparent wrote:

I would say that's at least a red card...if not jail time.

Not in NTX. In NTX, that's borderline as to whether the ref gives the player a verbal warning...

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 04/12/12, 10:23 am

DD is playing "futsal" at FIS this winter, also played on turf (was considering DSC, but logistics prevailed cheers ). Is it TRUE FUTSAL, not really, but pretty damn close. Guess you could say it's a great hybrid. Turf is tight/short and PLENTY fast. Allows for the emphasis on quick/controlled touches, movement off the ball to create space, and though not as fast as the courst surface, still a much faster speed of play the standard indoor. Futsal ball is used and fouls are called tight. Played futsal on PSA in the past and I'll take FIS over that anytime.

In the end, it's just a matter of what you want to get out of it. So far, we've enjoyed the experience.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down