North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival

Go down

please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival Empty please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival

Post by intrinsic 15/11/12, 11:11 pm

Our select team is registered through Plano Youth Soccer Association. Some of the players are trying to complete paperwork for one of the local "big clubs" here in the Metroplex, for the Dallas Texans Fall Festival, for a select team (not academy). The manager thinks that my players have to have ID cards with photos to be eligible for the tournament. Our team does not have such ID cards, and has never needed them to play in Lake Highlands or tournaments like Puma Cup, King Tut, Michael Brown, Shawnee Trail, Ayses Winter Classic, etc.

So what's the story-do they really need ID cards to guest play in this tournament?

If anybody can explain this rule, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival Empty Re: please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival

Post by Akroyd99 16/11/12, 12:21 am

From my experience ID cards are only needed for teams from outside of North Texas (or if your team is traveling to play outside of North Texas.) ID cards come from your gotsoccer account and finished by NTX Soccer. It's the managers responsibility to get the cards signed and laminated if your going to travel.

Akroyd99
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival Empty Re: please explain need for ID card to play in Texans Fall Festival

Post by upper95 16/11/12, 12:27 am

Player ID cards are required for traveling teams (teams that are registered outside of North Texas) or teams registered with governing bodies other than US Youth Soccer, which North Texas is affiliated with.

Read the Check-in letter on the tournament website at:
http://www.dallastexans.com/page.php?p=105

So if your players are guesting with local teams registered with North Texas through a member association (like PYSA), they do not need ID cards. Fill out the guest player form, medical release and get them on the gotsoccer roster.

**If the team needs ID cards, then the guest players need ID cards.**

If you are still unsure, call the manager of the team that your kids are guesting with and/or tournament director.

Last edited by upper95 on 16/11/12, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fhjmom 16/11/12, 12:35 am

From the tournament website:
Bring the following to check in:
COMPETITIVE TEAMS - U11 - U17
(All forms available on the TOURNAMENT page on the website)
• Official Roster - Two (2 ) copies signed by your registrar (USYS & USCS)
• Medical Release Form (One per player including guest players)
o Do not have be notarized
o Non-North Texas Teams, per your State Association requirements
o USCS teams will use USCS medical release forms
• Guest Player Release
o Competitive Teams - (Total of 5 Guest Players Allowed)
o Non-North Texas Team, (Paperwork per your State Association rules)
o USCS teams – if the player is from outside the club, then bring a USCS guest player loan form
• ID Cards (Player Passes)
o Non-North Texas USYS Teams Only
o US Club Soccer team

• Travel Roster or Travel Permit
• GotSoccer Player List (Roster - Mandatory)
o Every team is required to update their GotSoccer Player List, do not forget to add your guest players.
o If a player is not on the GotSoccer Player List, she/he will not be allowed to play.
• Game Day Roster/Reports
o The Tournament will provide game reports for every team, this is the reason your GotSoccer Player List needs to be
current. Referees will bring these to the fields.

The way I understand it, if a local team is registering as a US Club team (as opposed to registering as a NTSSA team), then they would need the US Club player cards. These are usually printed by the team manager from the US Club website. I am fairly new to team managing so someone can chime in and correct or clarify if need be.

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 16/11/12, 12:41 am

mom and royd are both correct.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 16/11/12, 08:25 am

fhjmom wrote:From the tournament website:
Bring the following to check in:
COMPETITIVE TEAMS - U11 - U17
(All forms available on the TOURNAMENT page on the website)
• Official Roster - Two (2 ) copies signed by your registrar (USYS & USCS)
• Medical Release Form (One per player including guest players)
o Do not have be notarized
o Non-North Texas Teams, per your State Association requirements
o USCS teams will use USCS medical release forms
• Guest Player Release
o Competitive Teams - (Total of 5 Guest Players Allowed)
o Non-North Texas Team, (Paperwork per your State Association rules)
o USCS teams – if the player is from outside the club, then bring a USCS guest player loan form
• ID Cards (Player Passes)
o US Club Soccer team

• Travel Roster or Travel Permit
• GotSoccer Player List (Roster - Mandatory)
o Every team is required to update their GotSoccer Player List, do not forget to add your guest players.
o If a player is not on the GotSoccer Player List, she/he will not be allowed to play.
• Game Day Roster/Reports
o The Tournament will provide game reports for every team, this is the reason your GotSoccer Player List needs to be
current. Referees will bring these to the fields.

The way I understand it, if a local team is registering as a US Club team (as opposed to registering as a NTSSA team), then they would need the US Club player cards. These are usually printed by the team manager from the US Club website. I am fairly new to team managing so someone can chime in and correct or clarify if need be.

So if you are registered in Plano as a US Soccer Club team then you need it.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 16/11/12, 11:57 am

Thanks to all for the input. I learned that the home association controls whether it is possible to print an ID card from gotsoccer. I guess PYSA did not enable the printing of the cards. That's ok, we have never needed them, and the Texans Fall tournament is not requiring the card from a guest player whose own team is a local non-US Club Soccer team. So all is well- and I hope this was informative for someone besides me.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 17/11/12, 06:10 pm

Hook It wrote:
So if you are registered in Plano as a US Soccer Club team then you need it.

If you are registered in Plano then you are not a US Soccer Club Team! Teams registered with PYSA are members of USYSA.
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 18/11/12, 06:46 am

I find the whole ID card pretty odd.In Northern Mid-Cities Soccer League a few years ago there were many complaints of ineligible players. Now every U11 and older team has Gotsoccer generated picture ID cards that are produced and laminated by the home association. At most games the teams are checked in and players pictures and numbers are verified. At times a team shows up without them. The opposing coach is usually told and given the option of playing the match or not. Either way the home association is notified.
With all the accusations around competitive tournaments and leagues I find it humorous that the low cost rec associations have resolved it and the high dollar competitive venues have not.
same goes with Coach and manager ids. There was another post on here where the coaches were both thrown out and the girls had no one on the sideline. In NMCSL if there is no one with NTSSA clearance and ID on the sideline then the game does not play.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down