North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST

Go down

U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST Empty U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST

Post by Its Me 28/11/12, 07:05 pm

U.S. Women vs. Republic of Ireland Women
JELD-WEN Field; Portland, Ore.
Nov. 28, 2012 @ 7 p.m. PT

FOX Soccer Channel

Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST Empty Re: U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST

Post by Uncle Numanga 28/11/12, 09:50 pm

Yawn
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST Empty Re: U.S. Women vs Republic of Ireland tonight at 9p.m. CST

Post by Its Me 29/11/12, 08:01 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:Yawn

Exciting! NOT!
I had to fast forward through the last five minutes.
Excellent game for the strikers through. I would love to see them start the game with Abby, Alex, and Sydney.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 29/11/12, 08:30 am

I wouldn't walk across the street to see these same old, boring players. Time for some fresh blood.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/12, 09:10 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:I wouldn't walk across the street to see these same old, boring players. Time for some fresh blood.

That's idiotic. Guess a gold medal and World Cup final not good enough for you huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 29/11/12, 09:37 am

anselansel wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:I wouldn't walk across the street to see these same old, boring players. Time for some fresh blood.

That's idiotic. Guess a gold medal and World Cup final not good enough for you huh?

We struggle to have a viable professional league because the USWNT and the old WPS is impossible to watch. Long balls, Abby's head and physicality is what won that one medal. What we need is fresh. young faces that play the game the way it is supposed to be played. Make it fun to watch them play, like they do in Germany, Japan, Brazil, etc. Maybe then someone will want to spend money to watch.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 29/11/12, 09:42 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
anselansel wrote:

We struggle to have a viable professional league because the USWNT and the old WPS is impossible to watch. Long balls, Abby's head and physicality is what won that one medal. What we need is fresh. young faces that play the game the way it is supposed to be played. Make it fun to watch them play, like they do in Germany, Japan, Brazil, etc. Maybe then someone will want to spend money to watch.

Why stop there? Women's soccer in general is impossible to watch.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 29/11/12, 10:23 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
anselansel wrote:

So, do you not think Alex and Sydney are new and exciting for the sport?
I agree that it's time for all the 35-40 year old grandma's to step aside.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 29/11/12, 10:51 am

Its Me wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
anselansel wrote:

So, do you not think Alex and Sydney are new and exciting for the sport?
I agree that it's time for all the 35-40 year old grandma's to step aside.

They are a start but if I have to watch Buehler, Boxx, Lloyd, O'Reilly, LePelbet, Mitts, etc. play one more game, I will throw up.

What we need, and the new coach said he would do, is open the jobs up to competition. It is a closed fraternity (or Sorority) that hasn't had any new blood added in a while. Morgan forced her way in. They were sticking with Amy Rodriguez, a thoroughbred that couldn't score, for years. If Boxx or any of the others are still better after proving themselves, then fine. But I have been watching the roster for years and it never changes. The invitees are always the same.

I guess this a farewell tour for a lot of them. Great. Thanks for all that you've done. Now let the younger players have the same opportunity you had.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 29/11/12, 04:26 pm

What does it say about the results in developing US female soccer players for the last 10 years if the best we have to offer are in their 30's well past their athletic prime?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 29/11/12, 05:01 pm

Lefty wrote:What does it say about the results in developing US female soccer players for the last 10 years if the best we have to offer are in their 30's well past their athletic prime?

Maybe they're not the best we have to offer.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/12, 05:41 pm

Lefty wrote:What does it say about the results in developing US female soccer players for the last 10 years if the best we have to offer are in their 30's well past their athletic prime?

I think it means Womens Soccer in the US is so strong we can play our aging veterans, ( Who according to many on this forum are not even our best players) and still win World Cups, Olympic Gold Medals and be ranked #1 in the World.

Just think if we put our best players on the field.... cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/11/12, 09:35 am

It isn't the best we have to offer. Did you know that Pia never attended any U17, U18 or U20 National Camp? How did she get her players? The same way it was always done, she would take the ones already there. She knew that this team had one more run in them and then she would leave. It didn't matter to her that there were other players that deserved a chance.

There has to be some turnover. Unless the new coach takes some interest in discovering new talent and is an active participant in evaluating players, we will remain great but not as great as we could be.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 30/11/12, 09:44 am

Yes, and while we are at it, darn it Queen Elizabeth, give it up and let Charles rule for a bit before William takes over!!!!
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/11/12, 12:51 pm

The queen lost her touch on the ball and her speed long ago.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 30/11/12, 02:30 pm

Yeah, but that crown glow still wows the crowds! Razz
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/11/12, 02:41 pm

InaB wrote:Yeah, but that crown glow still wows the crowds! Razz

Are you talking about the queen or Wambach's forehead?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan 02/12/12, 07:28 pm

Gunners wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
anselansel wrote:

Why stop there? Women's soccer in general is impossible to watch.

Just sat through the college semifinal and final matches and couldn't agree with you more. Absolutely brutal stuff.

Dan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down