North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Select Soccer Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Select Soccer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Select Soccer Empty Select Soccer

Post by new_to_the_pitch 12/03/13, 04:49 pm

My DD is about 2 years from her and her team being at the Select age. Are there any sites out there that I can go to that gives information as to what we shold expect and what is expected from us? I would like to be prepared as we get to that point?

new_to_the_pitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Select Soccer Empty Re: Select Soccer

Post by Sweet_feet99 12/03/13, 05:18 pm

A single website that tells it all. Not sure. I know it's approaching quickly. Luckily for us our coach has an 03 team and we learn a lot from watching how things work. What to expect, Im not sure what to expect. We have already experienced some issues with previous coaches. Good post, like to see how everyone is approaching things so far.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/13, 05:35 pm

What to expect? Expect the unexpected! Once you think you have it all figured out the bom goes off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 12/03/13, 05:42 pm

Drama.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/13, 06:12 pm

Promises made promises broken.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 12/03/13, 06:34 pm

Maybe follow the 03 board...not that any drama gets posted on these forums. Oh don't forget to attend the qualifying tourney. 100+ degree heat for hours on end that is the best part!
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/13, 06:58 pm

Sticker Shock (amazing how much it costs to put one of those little things on the back window of the minivan...)

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 12/03/13, 07:41 pm

Expect tears, jeers and a cut throat environment, after all it is a children's sport! If you are still here after your thread is full, and you have been properly harassed. Congratulations! You have successfully completed your first phase of hazing. Welcome to Select!
BleedFutbol
BleedFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 12/03/13, 07:48 pm

totalsoccer wrote:What to expect? Expect the unexpected! Once you think you have it all figured out the bom goes off!

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone has touched on the some of the issues we have experienced before our current team. And it's just academy. I too have kept an eye on the 03 board to see how things are going. The best thing is we feel very confident with her coach and the progress she has been making. As for select, not sure how it will go.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 12/03/13, 08:09 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:What to expect? Expect the unexpected! Once you think you have it all figured out the bom goes off!

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone has touched on the some of the issues we have experienced before our current team. And it's just academy. I too have kept an eye on the 03 board to see how things are going. The best thing is we feel very confident with her coach and the progress she has been making. As for select, not sure how it will go.

I was talking about the pregame prep talk. But that pretty much sums up academy too! In short; I love watching my DD's play, as I'm sure you love watching your DD/DDs
BleedFutbol
BleedFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 12/03/13, 08:20 pm

BleedFutbol wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:

I was talking about the pregame prep talk. But that pretty much sums up academy too! In short; I love watching my DD's play, as I'm sure you love watching your DD/DDs

Who's island is it(avatar)?
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 12/03/13, 08:37 pm

Oh yes. Enjoy the games a lot. Enjoy all the friends we've made also.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 12/03/13, 09:02 pm

mcik17 wrote:
BleedFutbol wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:

Who's island is it(avatar)?

"You mean Ireland?"

Stephen: "Yeah....it's mine!"

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/13, 10:22 pm

Liverpool sits down with you and takes you through it step by step. What to expect, what costs there are, how everything works, how the college program works, etc. Feel free to reach out to the club.
Just another part of the conspiracy, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/03/13, 07:35 am

Istanbul2005 wrote:Liverpool sits down with you and takes you through it step by step. What to expect, what costs there are, how everything works, how the college program works, etc. Feel free to reach out to the club.

That's sales, not conspiracy... LOL - conspiracy would be saying Liverpool has the XKJ900 double bluff going. What is that you say? What is what?

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 13/03/13, 11:29 am

Read through some posts from the 02 board about this time last year, on both the girls and boys sites. I know there were threads on the boys site about what to expect last year, I even found some threads in the 02 or 01 sections about cost of different clubs. My son went select last year. For many teams, and I'm told this is even more the case for girls, they are already set by spring season however there are always teams looking for players. If you don't yet have a team there will lots of 'xx 04 team looking for a few players to round out the roster' types of posts. Make sure ask what the coach sees for your dd; where in the lineup, roughly, does he see her? Top or bottom? What is the coach's position on playing time? While playing time on an academy team can be an indicator, it does not necessarily translate to select.

If you are talking more procedural it's pretty simple. Coach will offer your daughter a contract, you can sign it or not. Make sure you READ the contract. If tournaments are spelled out understand when you sign you are obligated to pay and attend. Note any restriction on time/date/location of practices, although most teams leave this pretty open for flexibility. If the club offers scholarships and you need one make sure you tell the coach prior to June, because if they don't have one for your daughter you want to know with plenty of time to find a new team.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/03/13, 01:22 pm

SoccaDad wrote:
Istanbul2005 wrote:Liverpool sits down with you and takes you through it step by step. What to expect, what costs there are, how everything works, how the college program works, etc. Feel free to reach out to the club.

That's sales, not conspiracy... LOL - conspiracy would be saying Liverpool has the XKJ900 double bluff going. What is that you say? What is what?

Right!
Well, thought I'd mention it as I'm not aware of any club having a program dedicated to educating parents on everything from top to bottom of what to expect.

http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/page/show/316678-programs

"Roadmap to Select Soccer- As parent education goes, there is no more important presentation than the Roadmap to Select Soccer. This two hour seminar takes parents through every aspect of club soccer and creates a complete understanding of what it means to “go select” including but not limited to:

time requirements
dedication
contracts
rules and guidelines
club policy
financial responsibilities
travel
leagues
tournaments
practice facilities
Club responsibilities
Coaches expectations
Summer Schedules
And more"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/03/13, 01:41 pm

Still not a conspiracy... But nice shameless plug you got going there :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/03/13, 01:45 pm

Istanbul2005 wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:

Right!
Well, thought I'd mention it as I'm not aware of any club having a program dedicated to educating parents on everything from top to bottom of what to expect.

"Roadmap to Select Soccer- As parent education goes, there is no more important presentation than the Roadmap to Select Soccer. This two hour seminar takes parents through every aspect of club soccer and creates a complete understanding of what it means to “go select” including but not limited to:

time requirements
dedication
contracts
rules and guidelines
club policy
travel
leagues
tournaments
practice facilities
Club responsibilities
Coaches expectations
Summer Schedules
And more"

While I respect the club's efforts to inform parents, this meeting sounds like a COMPLETE AND UTTER a$$ whipping to sit through. Select Soccer Smiles_76

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by deepblack 13/03/13, 06:28 pm

Gunners wrote:
Istanbul2005 wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:

Right!

time requirements
dedication
contracts
rules and guidelines
club policy
travel
leagues
tournaments
practice facilities
Club responsibilities
Coaches expectations
Summer Schedules
And more"

While I respect the club's efforts to inform parents, this meeting sounds like a COMPLETE AND UTTER a$$ whipping to sit through. Select Soccer Smiles_76

I'm sure it is informational but remember it is from an organization that profits from selling a product. Think timeshare presentation.
deepblack
deepblack
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 13/03/13, 07:10 pm

deepblack wrote:

I'm sure it is informational but remember it is from an organization that profits from selling a product. Think timeshare presentation.

Do you get free golf clubs?
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 13/03/13, 09:03 pm

Gunner9 wrote:
deepblack wrote:

Actually it's one of 4 prizes: a new car, $20,000 in cash, an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii or luggage. You have to come to the seminar to find out which prize you will receive.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by deepblack 13/03/13, 10:08 pm

oldboot wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:
deepblack wrote:

Actually it's one of 4 prizes: a new car, $20,000 in cash, an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii or luggage. You have to come to the seminar to find out which prize you will receive.

Forget what I said, this sounds like a great deal (I hears there were free drinks drunken ) and I'm gonna win a major award!
deepblack
deepblack
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 13/03/13, 11:01 pm

Gunners wrote:
Istanbul2005 wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:

Right!

time requirements
dedication
contracts
rules and guidelines
club policy
travel
leagues
tournaments
practice facilities
Club responsibilities
Coaches expectations
Summer Schedules
And more"

I sat through it last year with my '02 who at the time played for LP but ended up signing with a different club. I can say by that time we ('02 parents) knew what to expect going forward. We had either been informed from the manager/coach, had 1st hand experience from older children or heard from experienced parents of older kids.

To make matters even worse we had to drive out to AA training facility in Arlington on a Sunday for this meeting. Not the most logistical and time of day (evening) and players are not allowed. 1 parent is required to be there. Once the LP heads talk then you break into teams and speak with your coach and his game plan going forward. The thing is at this point no one knows if their dd will even be offered a contract.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/03/13, 12:34 am

From my understanding, smaller (independent) clubs tend to have a hard time when it comes to select. If your daughters team is anywhere between 10-12 players, prior to select, there maybe the possibility of 2 or 3 players leaving. Then the smaller club is left scrambling to find players to fill rosters. Most of the time it will be non-competitive players. The team will generally tend to fold.

Most parents don't realize the possibility of this happening with their daughters team. If your daughter sits at the bottom of the roster for playing time, have a Plan B or even C. Do your home work. Look at how your daughters organization is structured along with her team.

Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next