North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out

Go down

Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out Empty Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out

Post by Tiki-taka 15/05/13, 03:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GedcFMm4yCg&feature=player_embedded

Referee tosses Parent

You be the judge on what went right and wrong with this short real video. I don't remember it being posted on the forum. If it was I apologize.

The throw in was "illegal" but I can't see what the referee was doing or looking at, so since it was not called, it was "not illegal".

I assume this parent was talking "smack" all game, resulting in the last straw, so to speak. Parent = idiot and disrespectful.

Referee would have done better to not engage with the parent. Would have been better just to say you are ejected and wait to resume play until parent had exited stage left. Or even better approach coach and have coach do the ejection. Depends also on the league rules. The parent and the ref just had to get the last words in. Also Ref let it get personal.

By NTX standards, I would say this parent is mild.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out Empty Re: Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out

Post by Gunner9 15/05/13, 03:18 pm

The sidelines would be empty in NTX...
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out Empty Re: Youth Soccer Referee throws Parent out

Post by Cmon_Man 15/05/13, 05:38 pm

Take that referee and put her in NTX- then you will have yourself a video.
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 15/05/13, 11:59 pm

Tiki-taka wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GedcFMm4yCg&feature=player_embedded

Referee tosses Parent

You be the judge on what went right and wrong with this short real video. I don't remember it being posted on the forum. If it was I apologize.

The throw in was "illegal" but I can't see what the referee was doing or looking at, so since it was not called, it was "not illegal".

I assume this parent was talking "smack" all game, resulting in the last straw, so to speak. Parent = idiot and disrespectful.

Referee would have done better to not engage with the parent. Would have been better just to say you are ejected and wait to resume play until parent had exited stage left. Or even better approach coach and have coach do the ejection. Depends also on the league rules. The parent and the ref just had to get the last words in. Also Ref let it get personal.

I agree this portion shows a mild parent, but no way this represents the whole situation. The ref was clearly exasperated from earlier harassment.... It does not help that she is showing her emotions and there does not appear to be a sideline ref helping.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 16/05/13, 08:53 am

I had to rewind the video a couple times to make sure I didn't miss something. I suspect this dad had been making snide/sarcastic comments to that referee long before it reached that point. The issue though is... that parent really only needed to do one thing to avoid all of this... just shut up.

NTX or not, parents on the sidelines need to leave the referee alone. Parents that talk aren't adding any value. They talk because they want to hear themselves. If you can't leave the referee alone during a game, go far enough away from the field where nobody can hear you. Or don't even be there in the first place.

The ref was in the right. More parents need to learn how to control their emotional outbursts. Parents having tantrums is an embarrassment. Grow up. Too many parents don't hold themselves to the same standards they set for their children.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 16/05/13, 10:08 am

bigtex75081 wrote:The ref was in the right. More parents need to learn how to control their emotional outbursts. Parents having tantrums is an embarrassment. Grow up. Too many parents don't hold themselves to the same standards they set for their children.

QFT.

Riding a referee isn't going to help your team at all. If anything, it will work against you. Run your mouth constantly at a ref and they'll likely start whistling the most minor or questionable fouls against your team. And if you're playing in a tournament, they'll notify the next set of referees that your sidelines are trouble and you'll be losing calls right out of the gate.

I find it amazing how many parents fail to realize how detrimental they can be to their child's team.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccrnut 16/05/13, 11:24 am

Tiki-taka wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GedcFMm4yCg&feature=player_embedded

Referee tosses Parent

That ref should have stated her point and been done. the more you talk as a ref; the more you lose!
soccrnut
soccrnut
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSjunkie 16/05/13, 11:38 am

Referee tosses Parent

Perfect example of what is wrong with youth soccer in the US. It's all about win win win. Parents get mad at bad calls, and give referees lip because they think the bad call is going to cost their team the game.

It should be about development and enjoying the game... especially at a U10 game. The only thing these kids what are they going to remember? The outcome of that game or the experiences they have during their time playing...

NTXSjunkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 16/05/13, 12:03 pm

soccrnut wrote:

That ref should have stated her point and been done. the more you talk as a ref; the more you lose!

Very true. I have noticed a disturbing trend, particularly among the young AR's, in engaging in "justification" banter with the spectators. Not at all part of the training.
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 16/05/13, 12:08 pm

Why should the ref of done or said anything, even stating their point? You don't talk with spectators, or explain the calls (well maybe to the girls or offender, but not their parents). You officiate the game, that is what you are paid to do. If you are thin skinned and are bothered by comments from the parents' area, you address the coach and have him deal with his parents.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 16/05/13, 03:41 pm

Referee tosses Parent

The sideline referee was absolutely right. She warned him, he lipped off, he continued to engage the ref. He used a term repeatedly to address the ref that some might consider racist or misogynistic(girl). The ref is clearly a young woman. His behavior and sportsmanship were un-gentlemanly. He showed a lack of simple courtesy as if he was entitled to criticize the official. The official is the last word in game play, we must adhere to laws of the game. File a complaint but dont be indignant or discourteous.
Now that I've said about the spectator, the referee discredited herself by not following protocol. The coach or manager should have been charged with controlling the parents. The referee lost composure and exacerbated the tension.
In fairness both the parties could have been more courteous and treated each other with more respect. So both are equally wrong, however the ref does have the power, sooooo play nice.
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 20/05/13, 06:50 pm

What evidence is there to suggest this man is a parent affiliated with either team currently on the pitch. An awful lot of assuming goin' on out there. Very Happy

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 20/05/13, 09:16 pm

Very simple....the players play/the coach coaches/the ref refs/the parents support.....there should NOT ever be any crossover of roles. Period. I blame the coach....for not reigning in his/her out of control parents....just let the kids PLAY...!!

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 22/05/13, 01:41 pm

The only time, in my opinion, that it is OK to verbally engage a referee (other than the typical moan or harmless short quip) is when play is reaching a dangerous level of physicality and the referee is obviously not seeing or addressing it. You have ball-watching referees that repeatedly fail to see late fouls once the ball is played.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterbeam 22/05/13, 01:49 pm

The parent was out of line. I hope he feels like a big man, arguing with a young woman like that. The ref should realize that she doesn't need to justify her reasons to him. She should have told him to leave and walked away. The coach is wrong for not coming over, apologizing to the ref and telling his parent to shut up and get out.

That video would be way more interesting in NTX... but the ref wouldn't have been so upset in NTX either because she would be used to it.

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/05/13, 01:54 pm

The coach is wrong for not coming over, apologizing to the ref and telling his parent to shut up and get out.

you think that would happen in ntx? BWAAAAAAAAAAAA! That's a hoot!

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterbeam 22/05/13, 01:57 pm

I do know a couple of coaches in NTX who would have done the right thing and done exactly what I said. Just because most coaches in NTX would not do it, doesn't mean it's not the right thing. Smile

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 22/05/13, 02:25 pm

silentparent wrote:The coach is wrong for not coming over, apologizing to the ref and telling his parent to shut up and get out.

you think that would happen in ntx? BWAAAAAAAAAAAA! That's a hoot!

I've seen it done to a parent before and this was in NTX.

I've also seen a coach pull one of his top players 15 minutes into a game and never put her back in because she disagreed with the ref's call and let him have for a couple of seconds. Coach pulled her immediately and never played her the rest of the game.

There are coaches out there with integrity. And this was a coach from one of the big clubs.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 23/05/13, 11:29 am

Saw a coach in NTX screaming at his parents to STHU from across the field when they were on the refs. It got everyone's attention.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down