North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Ursuline finally gets a field! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Ursuline finally gets a field!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ursuline finally gets a field! Empty Ursuline finally gets a field!

Post by Spinal Tap 22/05/13, 03:42 pm

The Dallas City Council just voted 14-0 to allow UA to develop a lighted soccer field at the corner of Walnut Hill and Inwood. Finally, our own place to practice (no more 6:00am. at Jesuit or Loews) and a 'real' home field for games!

This has been a long time coming -- Go Bears! cheers
Spinal Tap
Spinal Tap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Ursuline finally gets a field! Empty Re: Ursuline finally gets a field!

Post by whataball 22/05/13, 03:48 pm

Great news for UA! Long overdue. GO Bears!

whataball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 01/07/13, 07:07 pm

They should invite ESD over for their grand opening...(ESD is about 1 mile away).....of course Ursuline would likely lose that game, so probably won't happen...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Tap 01/07/13, 09:00 pm

tornado11 wrote:They should invite ESD over for their grand opening...(ESD is about 1 mile away).....of course Ursuline would likely lose that game, so probably won't happen...

Ursuline finally gets a field! Troll_zps8240a642
Spinal Tap
Spinal Tap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad2003 05/07/13, 11:07 pm

Yea!! Glad they finally got it!
keeperdad2003
keeperdad2003
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 25/07/13, 11:39 pm

Spinal Tap wrote:
tornado11 wrote:They should invite ESD over for their grand opening...(ESD is about 1 mile away).....of course Ursuline would likely lose that game, so probably won't happen...

Ursuline finally gets a field! Troll_zps8240a642

Feed the troll....what the heck....The teams were supposed to play last season...Feb 11th at ESD.....Ursuline cancelled the week before, something about needing that date for a make -up game rainout..??....ESD, Hockaday and Greenhill (all SPC schools) would give Ursuline a much tougher time than any TAPPS schools...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 26/07/13, 11:57 am

Meow.
Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 12/08/13, 08:25 pm

Prove me wrong wiseacre....get Ursuline's coach to call ESD and set up a game...the ball is in Ursuline's court as they are the one that chickend out last season...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbop 13/08/13, 12:19 pm

tornado11 wrote:Prove me wrong wiseacre....get Ursuline's coach to call ESD and set up a game...the ball is in Ursuline's court as they are the one that chickend out last season...
Oh man, you figured it out.  I can tell you now that Ursuline's coach called an emergency player/parent meeting the week before last year's scheduled game vs ESD.  She stated clearly that Ursuline had absolutely no chance of winning (I mean ESD had a girl signed at NORTH CAROLINA for crying out loud!) and that she wanted to call the ESD coach with an excuse so we wouldn't have to play them.  The vote was unanimous.... cancel the game.   They actually ended up firing the Assistant AD for scheduling the game in the first place.
soccerbop
soccerbop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 13/08/13, 12:21 pm

tornado11 wrote:Prove me wrong wiseacre....get Ursuline's coach to call ESD and set up a game...the ball is in Ursuline's court as they are the one that chickend out last season...
Just curious, why are you so invested in this ESD team and the aforementioned NC player?
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 13/08/13, 01:11 pm

"Coach, I know we are trying at all costs to avoid ESD, but there is some parent calling us names on the soccer forums."

"Turf Monster, huh?"

"No sir. That site is gone. It is called TXSOCCER.NET and an ESD parent has called us chicken. It is utterly embarrassing. We have to save face and strike back. Should I start calling them names too?"

"No. We are going to prove them wrong and set up a game in a back alley. The crips vs. the bloods, the greasers vs. the socials, the Jets vs. the Sharks. This time we play for keeps."
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 13/08/13, 01:29 pm

This passage from 2 Kings 14 seems appropriate for your continued obsession with Ursuline:

Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash son of Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, king of Israel, with the challenge: “Come, let us face each other in battle.”

But Jehoash king of Israel replied to Amaziah king of Judah: “A thistle in Lebanon sent a message to a cedar in Lebanon . . . Then a wild beast in Lebanon came along and trampled the thistle underfoot. You have indeed defeated Edom and now you are arrogant. Glory in your victory, but stay at home! Why ask for trouble and cause your own downfall and that of Judah also?”

Amaziah, however, would not listen, so Jehoash king of Israel attacked. He and Amaziah king of Judah faced each other at Beth Shemesh in Judah.  Judah was routed by Israel.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 13/08/13, 01:55 pm

LHD wrote:
This passage from 2 Kings 14 seems appropriate for your continued obsession with Ursuline:

Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash son of Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, king of Israel, with the challenge: “Come, let us face each other in battle.”

But Jehoash king of Israel replied to Amaziah king of Judah: “A thistle in Lebanon sent a message to a cedar in Lebanon . . . Then a wild beast in Lebanon came along and trampled the thistle underfoot. You have indeed defeated Edom and now you are arrogant. Glory in your victory, but stay at home! Why ask for trouble and cause your own downfall and that of Judah also?”

Amaziah, however, would not listen, so Jehoash king of Israel attacked. He and Amaziah king of Judah faced each other at Beth Shemesh in Judah.  Judah was routed by Israel.
Israel - 3
Judah - 0

Wasn't even that close. Israel controlled most of the match with their possession style.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 13/08/13, 02:15 pm

ballhead wrote:
Just curious, why are you so invested in this ESD team and the aforementioned NC player?
Long time family friends...had dinner at Trulucks with the girl and her parents a week this past Saturday prior to her leaving for UNC....watched a lot of ESD's games last season...and you connection to Ursuline is..??

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 13/08/13, 02:18 pm

LHD wrote:

I have no 'obsession' with Ursuline....I just believe their TAPPS competition is below that of SPC and, imo, there is no chance Ursuline would win 87 state titles in a row (or whatever the number is) were they playing in SPC....

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 13/08/13, 02:41 pm

tornado11 wrote:
ballhead wrote:
Long time family friends...had dinner at Trulucks with the girl and her parents a week this past Saturday prior to her leaving for UNC....watched a lot of ESD's games last season...and you connection to Ursuline is..??
I have no connection to Ursuline.  My kids didn't go there, in fact, I don't know anyone that ever went there.  You just seem to be very aggressive about the team and the player.  Have a lot of long term family friends with soccer players, and I've been to dinner with a lot of my dd's teammates and friends over the years, and never felt motivated to get on any website and post about how their school would beat some other school.

As I said, just curious.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 13/08/13, 04:33 pm

tornado11 wrote:I have no 'obsession' with Ursuline....I just believe their TAPPS competition is below that of SPC and, imo, there is no chance Ursuline would win 87 state titles in a row (or whatever the number is) were they playing in SPC....
And TAPPS and SPC is way below either 4A or 5A High School.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 13/08/13, 04:49 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
tornado11 wrote:I have no 'obsession' with Ursuline....I just believe their TAPPS competition is below that of SPC and, imo, there is no chance Ursuline would win 87 state titles in a row (or whatever the number is) were they playing in SPC....
you may well be (should be) right....ESD has about 200 girls in grades 9-12 as opposed to what, ? 900 + girls at 4A and way more than that at 5A.....also Ursuline has about 800 girls in their upper school....ESD has been invited to Highland Park's tournament Jan 10th-12th and have accepted the invite...so we'll see soon enough whether or not they can even 'compete' (and not get slaughtered) at that level. Teams are: H.P. Cedar Park, Lake Travis, Forney and ESD.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 14/08/13, 01:25 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Depending on the district.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbop 14/08/13, 04:20 pm

JeffM wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Depending on the district.
Right.  Throw ESD in UIL 5A District 9 with all they Richardson/Dallas teams and they could probably win the District most years.  Heck if they wanted to stay away from the better 5A non-conference teams and just play Ursuline (who Tornado11 says they'd beat every year 6-0) they might have a loss or two and a spot in the top 10 before the reality of playoffs comes crashing in.

I don't think anyone in the SPC/TAPPS world thinks -AS A GROUP OF SCHOOLS- that they are better than UIL 5A or 4A.  They clearly are not and there are reasons why that is so - mostly having to do with enrollment numbers.  After the best teams in TAPPS and SPC, the drop-off is pretty significant.  Uncle N's blind spot is that the same thing exists in 5A and 4A.  ESD might not win a state championship in 5A but they would have way more wins than losses because once you get past the top 20-25 schools, even 5A soccer gets pretty ugly.
soccerbop
soccerbop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 14/08/13, 05:12 pm

[quote="soccerbop"]
JeffM wrote:... Heck if they (ESD) wanted to stay away from the better 5A non-conference teams and just play Ursuline (who Tornado11 says they'd beat every year 6-0) ....
Show me when I ever said that...??

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 14/08/13, 05:32 pm

tornado11 wrote:
ballhead wrote:
While you were munching on the great crab claws, did you happen to ask her parents if they would approve of you making a fool of yourself on the soccer boards over ESD and their daughter?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 14/08/13, 05:44 pm

tornado11 wrote:
soccerbop wrote:
JeffM wrote:... Heck if they (ESD) wanted to stay away from the better 5A non-conference teams and just play Ursuline (who Tornado11 says they'd beat every year 6-0) ....
Keep me out of this.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 14/08/13, 09:43 pm

JeffM wrote:
tornado11 wrote:
soccerbop wrote:
Keep me out of this.
...why..?? you put yourself in it with your idiotic quote "Who Tornado11 says they'd beat 6-0 every year".....tornado11 NEVER said such a thing.....YOU put yourself in the middle of this so accept that FACT...No 

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbop 14/08/13, 11:41 pm

tornado11 wrote:
JeffM wrote:
tornado11 wrote:
soccerbop wrote:
Keep me out of this.
...why..?? you put yourself in it with your idiotic quote "Who Tornado11 says they'd beat 6-0 every year".....tornado11 NEVER said such a thing.....YOU put yourself in the middle of this so accept that FACT...No 
Actually, I was the one who made the 6-0 comment. Since I've been caught (sort of) I admit to everyone that you never said that. I was just running with your overall vibe in this thread and trying to have a little fun. I mean you basically keep implying that Ursuline is afraid to play ESD. Even the Ursuline haters in this forum (of which there are many) realize that is absolutely ridiculous. Ursuline Soccer is many things but afraid of ESD isn't one of them.
soccerbop
soccerbop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next