North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 QT Change - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

03 QT Change

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

03 QT Change - Page 3 Empty Re: 03 QT Change

Post by 12monkeys 01/08/13, 09:47 pm

Rex Ryan Ate My Hamster wrote:Just so we know what sandbox we’re playing in:

Falsification of a birth certificate or knowingly presenting or using a falsified birth certificate is a violation of Chapter 37.10 of the Texas Penal Code.  Depending on the circumstances, penalties range from a Class A Misdemeanor (1 year in jail, $4,000 fine) up to a Second Degree Felony (up to 20 yrs in jail, 2 year minimum and a $10,000 fine).   I have zero knowledge of the facts and am not alleging that anything actually happened here, but if what’s described on this board is true that could constitute what is lovingly referred to in Texas as a “State Jail Felony” (2 yrs in jail, 180 day minimum and a $10,000 fine).   The language of the statute is very broad, under some circumstances it could possibly apply to people other than a parent - a coach, a team manager or a club official as well if they had actual knowledge of the false birth certificate.  

For your reading pleasure:  http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.37.htm#37.10  

Although prosecution may not be likely under these circumstances, why would anyone do this for 10 year old soccer???   Or for any other purpose???    Worst.  Decision.  Ever.  

First-time poster but this got my attention like nothing else on this board ever has.   Again, I am in no way alleging or implying that anything happened here, nor that the club, coach, manager or other parents had any knowledge and am not advocating that anyone be prosecuted in this context, just want the possible consequences to be known so that people don’t make this very bad decision.

Wow...what if there were 2 illegal players?

12monkeys
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 01/08/13, 10:14 pm

12monkeys wrote:
Rex Ryan Ate My Hamster wrote:Just so we know what sandbox we’re playing in:

Falsification of a birth certificate or knowingly presenting or using a falsified birth certificate is a violation of Chapter 37.10 of the Texas Penal Code.  Depending on the circumstances, penalties range from a Class A Misdemeanor (1 year in jail, $4,000 fine) up to a Second Degree Felony (up to 20 yrs in jail, 2 year minimum and a $10,000 fine).   I have zero knowledge of the facts and am not alleging that anything actually happened here, but if what’s described on this board is true that could constitute what is lovingly referred to in Texas as a “State Jail Felony” (2 yrs in jail, 180 day minimum and a $10,000 fine).   The language of the statute is very broad, under some circumstances it could possibly apply to people other than a parent - a coach, a team manager or a club official as well if they had actual knowledge of the false birth certificate.  

For your reading pleasure:  http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.37.htm#37.10  

Although prosecution may not be likely under these circumstances, why would anyone do this for 10 year old soccer???   Or for any other purpose???    Worst.  Decision.  Ever.  

First-time poster but this got my attention like nothing else on this board ever has.   Again, I am in no way alleging or implying that anything happened here, nor that the club, coach, manager or other parents had any knowledge and am not advocating that anyone be prosecuted in this context, just want the possible consequences to be known so that people don’t make this very bad decision.

Wow...what if there were 2 illegal players?
I would guess it might be twice as bad.
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 01/08/13, 10:15 pm

Hah!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch 01/08/13, 10:17 pm

If 1 kid, the DD should be ban from LH for two years. If two players, the ban should go to the coach and Director. This behavior should be dealt with severely. How arrogant, Who do thy think they are....the President of the United States?

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 01/08/13, 10:29 pm

Interesting...could be worth a look considering the idea of getting away with it seems to have been part of the thought process...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 01/08/13, 10:35 pm

FastPitch wrote:If 1 kid, the DD should be ban from LH for two years. If two players, the ban should go to the coach and Director.  This behavior should be dealt with severely.  How arrogant, Who do thy think they are....the President of the United States?

Why just LH? What effect could this same thing do to the other leagues?
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeaddict 01/08/13, 10:46 pm

Tornado:
The kids get what qualifying is. They have been preparing/training for this tournament for a long time. I'm sure they have been excited about the tournament and now are being told that although they worked hard they are disqualified for whatever reason
lakeaddict
lakeaddict
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 01/08/13, 11:13 pm

FastPitch wrote:If two players, the ban should go to the coach and Director.  This behavior should be dealt with severely.

sounds reasonable...
12monkeys
12monkeys
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 01/08/13, 11:27 pm

turboblaster wrote:There is at least 1 other 03 Sting girl whose age was questioned last weekend.  I never heard the outcome of that investigation.

FastPitch wrote:
If two players, the ban should go to the coach and Director. This behavior should be dealt with severely.

Not the same team

So enough with the 2 player speculation.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 01/08/13, 11:38 pm

Very quick to dismiss. Interesting comment nonetheless. Obvious that it indeed warrants further investigation by the proper 'powers'. People are sick of this kind of crap perpetuated by adults in youth sports.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 02/08/13, 06:39 am

turboblaster wrote:
FastPitch wrote: How arrogant, Who do thy think they are....the President of the United States?

While I agree that there were some interesting questions raised about the birth certificate in question, I think we would be best served by leaving local/state/national politics off this board.   There is way too much going on in the 03 soccer world to worry about that other one here.

If they wait a few months maybe they will be granted amnesty.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 02/08/13, 08:05 am

No, the other player I am referring to was NOT on another team. NEVER assume you know what another person is referring to (talk about arrogance). So now it sounds like there were a total of 3 in question from 1 club?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 02/08/13, 08:12 am

I love how you know so much, but end your statements with a question mark.
12monkeys, You have been misinformed
You need to cease and desist.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 02/08/13, 08:27 am

Ahhh...another know it all. NO...I have not been 'misinformed'. You need to cease and desist assuming you know more than all else. No question mark there...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

03 QT Change - Page 3 Empty Sting Sanchez

Post by The grass is greener 02/08/13, 08:56 am

Everyone knows the deceit, deception, multiple identities and cunning of the characters we all are entertained by – James Bond, Jason Bourne, etc... This is a sad day in Soccer when 15 innocent U11 players, our coach and our manager are punished for the work of one who has deceived. Not only did this individual deceive our team and our club; they deceived Lake Highlands Girls Classic Soccer as well as North Texas Soccer. We pay a fee to be input into the database of North Texas Soccer as a check and balance … We submit rosters for league play and tournaments as a check and balance… Lake Highlands verified and cleared our team, manager and coach, as we all did everything that we should have done correctly, by the book. This, unfortunately, could happen to any team – I sure hope it doesn’t, but it could. There is a fault in the system when this type of forgery is not caught and the sins of one are held to the entire group – guilty by association. I choose to believe that people are honest and good at heart and to give the benefit of the doubt, that this is not the norm but the exception. But in our case, one has had a grave impact on the many as we are not allowed to play in the second round of the QT at the time of this post. I am deeply saddened for our girls, as they have worked so hard for so long – not just this year, to be thwarted by the “system” and a single player and parent who had just joined our team. Put yourself in our shoes – it could happen to any team…

The grass is greener
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad2003 02/08/13, 09:05 am

Seven wrote:
turboblaster wrote:
FastPitch wrote: How arrogant, Who do thy think they are....the President of the United States?

While I agree that there were some interesting questions raised about the birth certificate in question, I think we would be best served by leaving local/state/national politics off this board.   There is way too much going on in the 03 soccer world to worry about that other one here.

If they wait a few months maybe they will be granted amnesty.

Yes but she may have to live in the airport in Russia
keeperdad2003
keeperdad2003
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 02/08/13, 09:07 am

03eagle wrote:
pro16 wrote:Heard that coach was unaware and has been cleared. Anybody know if that's accurate?

I think that depends on one's perspective of "unaware" and "cleared".  After talking with a former parent on the team and some others claiming knowledge, it is a concerning set of circumstances.  On the BB Board, it seemed to be acknowledged that an illegal player was used, whether it was done "knowingly" seemed to be the issue.  There was no reply when several on point questions were asked on the Board.

Feel sorry for the rest of the girls but this post implies that it was known about. You can't blame the league, the team cheated others it played. Point the fingers at the adults who knowingly let this go on.
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DDx3 02/08/13, 09:10 am

Judging the team, club, and other player’s parents is unjust. I highly doubt any other parents knew of these circumstances ahead of time. This is a good team that had a very good chance of making Lake Highlands. I wish all the parents and kids the best.

DDx3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 02/08/13, 09:11 am

The grass is greener wrote:Everyone knows the deceit, deception, multiple identities and cunning of the characters we all are entertained by – James Bond, Jason Bourne, etc...  This is a sad day in Soccer when 15 innocent U11 players, our coach and our manager are punished for the work of one who has deceived.  Not only did this individual deceive our team and our club; they deceived Lake Highlands Girls Classic Soccer as well as North Texas Soccer.  We pay a fee to be input into the database of North Texas Soccer as a check and balance …  We submit rosters for league play and tournaments as a check and balance…  Lake Highlands verified and cleared our team, manager and coach, as we all did everything that we should have done correctly, by the book.   This, unfortunately, could happen to any team – I sure hope it doesn’t, but it could.  There is a fault in the system when this type of forgery is not caught and the sins of one are held to the entire group – guilty by association.  I choose to believe that people are honest and good at heart and to give the benefit of the doubt, that this is not the norm but the exception.   But in our case, one has had a grave impact on the many as we are not allowed to play in the second round of the QT at the time of this post.  I am deeply saddened for our girls, as they have worked so hard for so long – not just this year, to be thwarted by the “system” and a single player and parent who had just joined our team.  Put yourself in our shoes – it could happen to any team…  
It must have not deceived everyone!
Most would have no clue this girl was over/under age but some must have known and spilled the beans
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 02/08/13, 09:18 am

DDx3 wrote:Judging the team, club, and other player’s parents is unjust.  I highly doubt any other parents knew of these circumstances ahead of time.  This is a good team that had a very good chance of making Lake Highlands.  I wish all the parents and kids the best.

Of course none of the parents on the team knew because if they kept their child there then they would know the risks involved. The girl must go to school! Someone must know what grade she is in. Someone must have known the birth certificate was forged. We can all make guesses and assumptions but I along with many others would have no clue so why did LH's find their way to this team and individual? Obviously someone knew more than this team did.
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 03eagle 02/08/13, 09:26 am

The grass is greener wrote:Everyone knows the deceit, deception, multiple identities and cunning of the characters we all are entertained by – James Bond, Jason Bourne, etc...  This is a sad day in Soccer when 15 innocent U11 players, our coach and our manager are punished for the work of one who has deceived.  Not only did this individual deceive our team and our club; they deceived Lake Highlands Girls Classic Soccer as well as North Texas Soccer.  We pay a fee to be input into the database of North Texas Soccer as a check and balance …  We submit rosters for league play and tournaments as a check and balance…  Lake Highlands verified and cleared our team, manager and coach, as we all did everything that we should have done correctly, by the book.   This, unfortunately, could happen to any team – I sure hope it doesn’t, but it could.  There is a fault in the system when this type of forgery is not caught and the sins of one are held to the entire group – guilty by association.  I choose to believe that people are honest and good at heart and to give the benefit of the doubt, that this is not the norm but the exception.   But in our case, one has had a grave impact on the many as we are not allowed to play in the second round of the QT at the time of this post.  I am deeply saddened for our girls, as they have worked so hard for so long – not just this year, to be thwarted by the “system” and a single player and parent who had just joined our team.  Put yourself in our shoes – it could happen to any team…  

Are they a team or are they individuals? If they are a team, then they are punished as a team. Playing in APL or PPL is not a horrible punishment. Do some due diligence or get to know your player/teammate. Apparently, someone who walked by and happened to see the player knew more than the people on her team.
03eagle
03eagle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 02/08/13, 09:31 am

Maybe someone saw her drive the team to lunch after the game or something?

Seriously though, NTX soccer is a very small community. It seems like everyone knows everyone's business at all times. I just don't know why anyone would think they could get away with something like this.

I can still remember when any new kid would come out to a practice our parents would know everything about them, what team they played for, who was their previous coach and then they would be on the phone getting as much information as possible about the kid. So I'm having a hard time believing that no one on the team or in the organization didn't know something wasn't on the up and up. Now if it was a kid that moved in from out of state or another country that's one thing but if it was a kid that had been around NTX soccer at all that's completely different.

Tough lesson for the kids to have to learn.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/13, 09:39 am

thwarted by the “system”

you would make an excellent criminal, they use those types of excuses too...i would say the cheater WAS thwarted by the system, the system that worked...

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 02/08/13, 09:44 am

I wouldnt trust the system as it is today.
The 'system' of checks and balances
Allowed the player on the field.
A better system of age verification on the front end is needed
A casual passer-by thwarted the cheating from continuing.....we shouldn't rely on that type of enforcement moving forward
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 02/08/13, 09:49 am

Maybe it was the player driving to games that got her noticed along with saying next years college coach was coming to watch her play!Very Happy 
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by turboblaster 02/08/13, 09:53 am

Triumph FC wrote:Maybe it was the player driving to games that got her noticed along with saying next years college coach was coming to watch her play!Very Happy 

Nah, the opposing team's parents were just jealous that she had a Porche.

I would publicize the "03" girl's name so that she does not pull the same stunt on another team. Her parents should be punished for this, I am sure that the girl just wants to play soccer.
turboblaster
turboblaster
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next