North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Round 2  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGCL Round 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LHGCL Round 2  Empty LHGCL Round 2

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 08:36 pm

Maybe a surprise to many - Kicks is up 1-0 after first half tonight.  They have controlled the ball thus far and kept the ball in front of Redstar's goal much of the first half.

Trying to watch two games at once and I believe the AFC v Frisco Fusion game is 1-0 at half - AFC is up.

A couple of early surprises tonight but nothing like Infinity's shocker this morning against Sting - CONGRATS to the Infinity girls.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Round 2  Empty Re: LHGCL Round 2

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 08:52 pm

2-0 Kicks Blue just after the second half water break. They continue with control of the ball in front of the Redstar goal.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 08:55 pm

Redstar had a chance with a free kick just outside the 18 but they tapped it to a teammate, kicks swarmed in and took it the other way.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 08:58 pm

Frisco Fusion has tied it up with AFC 1-1.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 09:05 pm

Kicks Blue wins 2-0 with a dominant ball control game.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 09:21 pm

AFC v FRISCO FUSION - ends in tie 1-1. Control of the ball dominated by AFC most of the game but FRISCO got a late push into AFC territory to score and tie it up on a controversial goal - ball bounced sideways into goal post and keeper caught it on the line - did not look like ball crossed the line - but it's in he books.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 03/08/13, 09:29 pm

Kicks Blue was dominant in their game against Redstar tonight.  Totally different team from this morning when they lost to Sting West OKeefe.  Kicks played with urgency and desperation.  Redstar looked flat-footed.

Bracket A is now a four-way tie headed into tomorrow's games.

Looks like Lady Aztecs have clinched a D3 spot by virtue of their two wins today.  They cannot finish worse than 2nd in Bracket B.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rschneider87 03/08/13, 09:59 pm

01GirlsOnly wrote:AFC v FRISCO FUSION - ends in tie 1-1. Control of the ball dominated by AFC most of the game but FRISCO got a late push into AFC territory to score and tie it up on a controversial goal - ball bounced sideways into goal post and keeper caught it on the line - did not look like ball crossed the line - but it's in he books.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a Fusion parent, so there's a giant grain of salt. I was standing on the end of the sideline and the sideline reff had a great look (at the corner kick spot) at it and called it a goal but the center reff initially didn't call it a goal. (My opinion: the goalie made a great save and then knocked it into the corner of the goal while trying to handle the ball, again grain of salt, but I saw it go over the line.) Anyway, to the center reff credit, he looked to the sideline reff, the talked and he and ruled it a goal.

It was a very good game. AFC controlled the middle of the field and took a ton of shots. Fusion had some good chances, and a great couple of great chances at the end, but the AFC goalie made some amazing saves. Really physical, lots of shoving on both sides and not many fouls called.

Looks like there is all sorts of meaning with tomorrow's games. Should be fun!

Last edited by rschneider87 on 03/08/13, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't realize what happens when you type R-E-F, but nice job admin!)

rschneider87
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerforwardplay 03/08/13, 10:20 pm

Aztecs Vs. Strikers was a tight game but the Aztec girls play with superior skills and heart. It will be interesting to see Strikers out come tomorrow. This team uses a lot of behind pushing and whacks the ball not really a skilled team. It was also brought to my attention that several of the players use profanity towards other teams players, not surprising after listening to some of the parents.
That being said that was a nice win for the Aztecs!!

Soccerforwardplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 01GirlsOnly 03/08/13, 10:31 pm

rschneider87 wrote:
01GirlsOnly wrote:AFC v FRISCO FUSION - ends in tie 1-1. Control of the ball dominated by AFC most of the game but FRISCO got a late push into AFC territory to score and tie it up on a controversial goal - ball bounced sideways into goal post and keeper caught it on the line - did not look like ball crossed the line - but it's in he books.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a Fusion parent, so there's a giant grain of salt. I was standing on the end of the sideline and the sideline reff had a great look (at the corner kick spot) at it and called it a goal but the center reff initially didn't call it a goal. (My opinion: the goalie made a great save and then knocked it into the corner of the goal while trying to handle the ball, again grain of salt, but I saw it go over the line.) Anyway, to the center reff credit, he looked to the sideline reff, the talked and he and ruled it a goal.

It was a very good game. AFC controlled the middle of the field and took a ton of shots. Fusion had some good chances, and a great couple of great chances at the end, but the AFC goalie made some amazing saves. Really physical, lots of shoving on both sides and not many fouls called.

Looks like there is all sorts of meaning with tomorrow's games. Should be fun!

I am not associated with either team - just trying to report it the way I saw it real time so the folks at home wouldn't have to wait. It just looked like some but not all of the ball crossed the goal and as you said the Referees had to confer to make the call which is why I characterized it as controversial.  

I was shocked at the game because I would have put money on Fusion dominating this game but AFC came to play in this one and Fusion seemed flat footed in the first half.  Turned out to be a good game but seemed to be Aces to lose most of the way until the late goal.

Certainly give the Fusion girls a lot of credit for hanging in there and getting the tie.  There were several nice saves by the Fusion keeper where she didn't look like she was going to get there but did just get a hand on it and when she got a hand on it she normally caught it - Kudos to all who played in this one.
01GirlsOnly
01GirlsOnly
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 03/08/13, 10:37 pm

Looking at the bracket B standings, it looks like Aces has a tough task. Have to get all 10 pts against Aztecs and hope Fusion beats Strikers by only 1 goal. I think Strikers and Fusion would have tiebreakers over Aces.

Ed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermom22 03/08/13, 11:06 pm

Ok first of all watching the game bwtween the strikers Aztecs the strikers are not the dirty team, it was the other way around with several calls on the Aztecs.. They had no sportsmansship at all. At one point throwing the ball cause it did not go there way.. When asked did u have to throw it like that the player said yes very rudely to the parent on the sideline.. The Aztecs were clearly frustrated and trying to do everything they could to win, which they did by 1 point with a lucky shot ( well kick) while the box was clogged.. Obviously that was from a biased Aztecs parent.. Please don't post false accusations of teams and players... My opinion it was a very equal game the entire game with everyone having to play their best..

Soccermom22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerforwardplay 03/08/13, 11:18 pm

Yeah okay that's what you saw.. funny thing Lady Aztecs have never been referred to as that type of team, however Strikers have:). whether it is 1 point or 2 it's a win... Please refer back to a very immature post by a Striker parent " Strikers rule and everyone else drools! Peace out!" Pretty sure the team doesn't rule and pretty sure your post just described your parents and players...but hey don't forget they beat the strikers' 6-3 does that count for a win? Your not a bit sore about the win are you? Good Luck tomorrow!

Soccerforwardplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermom22 03/08/13, 11:30 pm

Haha immature only describes what u just posted... I am almost positive that every single team has been called dirty at some point or another... u have heard it about the Strikers i have heard it about the Aztecs, u don't always listen when u are biased and would say " they are just being aggressively right? It is not that big of a deal it is a child's soccer game. it is not like they are playing professionally, clearly u are acting like a child by getting upset because someone does not agree with u.. I am not sore from the win at all, but it seems u have something to prove.. I have dear friends that play on the Aztecs and hope them all the best, and pray that not all are like u Smile...

Soccermom22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerforwardplay 03/08/13, 11:36 pm

Umm okay well have a nice night and again good luck tomorrow:)

Soccerforwardplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zerocool 03/08/13, 11:38 pm

Soccermom22 wrote:Ok first of all watching the game bwtween the strikers Aztecs the strikers are not the dirty team, it was the other way around with several calls on the Aztecs.. They had no sportsmansship at all. At one point throwing the ball cause it did not go there way.. When asked did u have to throw it like that the player said yes very rudely to the parent on the sideline.. The Aztecs were clearly frustrated and trying to do everything they could to win, which they did by 1 point with a lucky shot ( well kick) while the box was clogged.. Obviously that was from a biased Aztecs parent.. Please don't post false accusations of teams and players... My opinion it was a very equal game the entire game with everyone having to play their best..
I love it when a parent from another team directly addresses my DD on the field to discuss her behavior. Since we are discussing edicate, quick poll, who is ruder, the player with attitude or the opposing team's manners coach? No dog in this fight, just wondering others opinions given all the girl did is reply Yes with sarcasm - was she supposed to be the offender. I would expect my DD to ignore and would instruct her to do so next time, but would not be that bent out of shape about it, would be more ticked at the parent.
zerocool
zerocool
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerforwardplay 04/08/13, 07:42 am

Soccermom22 wrote:Haha immature only describes what u just posted... I am almost positive that every single team has been called dirty at some point or another... u have heard it about the Strikers i have heard it about the Aztecs, u don't always listen when u are biased and would say " they are just being aggressively  right? It is not that big of a deal it is a child's soccer game. it is not like they are playing professionally, clearly u are acting like a child by getting upset because someone does not agree with u..  I am not sore from the win at all, but it seems u  have something to prove.. I  have dear friends that play on the Aztecs and hope them all the best, and pray that not all are like u Smile...
We did prove something better soccer wins every time but thanks for your truly inaccurate response and your "unbiased allegations" nothing in any of my post say "childish" but you certainly gave definition to the word Smile.

Soccerforwardplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03eagle 04/08/13, 08:04 am

Soccermom22 wrote:Ok first of all watching the game bwtween the strikers Aztecs the strikers are not the dirty team, it was the other way around with several calls on the Aztecs.. They had no sportsmansship at all. At one point throwing the ball cause it did not go there way.. When asked did u have to throw it like that the player said yes very rudely to the parent on the sideline.. The Aztecs were clearly frustrated and trying to do everything they could to win, which they did by 1 point with a lucky shot ( well kick) while the box was clogged.. Obviously that was from a biased Aztecs parent.. Please don't post false accusations of teams and players... My opinion it was a very equal game the entire game with everyone having to play their best..

A parent should NEVER talk to the other team's players unless it is a compliment. If they do, they should be reprimanded by their own parents and banned for the remainder of the match.  Teach your parents how to act.
03eagle
03eagle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 04/08/13, 08:46 am

03eagle wrote:A parent should NEVER talk to the other team's players unless it is a compliment. If they do, they should be reprimanded by their own parents and banned for the remainder of the match.  Teach your parents how to act.

Nothing motivates or entertains my DD more than to have the opposing sideline complaining about her or yelling at her. Twisted Evil 
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerforwardplay 04/08/13, 08:48 am

03eagle wrote:

A parent should NEVER talk to the other team's players unless it is a compliment. If they do, they should be reprimanded by their own parents and banned for the remainder of the match.  Teach your parents how to act.
unfortunately the parents from this team did that the entire game..Sad

Soccerforwardplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 04/08/13, 08:49 am

So if the Bracket A games both end in ties today (which would be crazy wild) what would be the tiebreakers to determine the top two finishers?

1: KICKS SC DALLAS KICKS BLUE SC 01 (TXN) 2 1 0 1 2 1 9
2: TEXAS REDSTAR 01G (TXN) 2 1 0 1 3 3 9
3: STING FT. WORTH '01 (O'KEEFE) (TXN) 2 1 0 1 2 2 9
4: INFINITY FC 01 GIRLS (TXN) 2 1 0 1 3 4 9

txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 04/08/13, 09:02 am

txtransplant wrote:So if the Bracket A games both end in ties today (which would be crazy wild) what would be the tiebreakers to determine the top two finishers?

1: KICKS SC DALLAS KICKS BLUE SC 01 (TXN)     2  1  0  1  2  1  9  
2: TEXAS REDSTAR 01G (TXN)                             2  1  0  1  3  3  9  
3: STING FT. WORTH '01 (O'KEEFE) (TXN)            2  1  0  1  2  2  9  
4: INFINITY FC 01 GIRLS (TXN)                           2  1  0  1  3  4  9  

What do the rules say?
http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/2013QTRules.pdf

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 04/08/13, 10:49 am

01GirlsOnly wrote:Maybe a surprise to many - Kicks is up 1-0 after first half tonight.  They have controlled the ball thus far and kept the ball in front of Redstar's goal much of the first half.

Trying to watch two games at once and I believe the AFC v Frisco Fusion game is 1-0 at half - AFC is up.

A couple of early surprises tonight but nothing like Infinity's shocker this morning against Sting - CONGRATS to the Infinity girls.

Thanks for the real time updates yesterday. Are you going today?
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 96-01-03g dad 04/08/13, 11:33 am

Kicks Blue up 1-0 @ half
96-01-03g dad
96-01-03g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster