North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03  Plano labor day  tournament - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

03 Plano labor day tournament

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

03  Plano labor day  tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 Plano labor day tournament

Post by jsullivan81 27/08/13, 10:53 am

I get the Solar move, but why would Beiber Fever play boys? Several of the teams in the girls division would and have beaten them on a regular basis. Just for something different?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

03  Plano labor day  tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 Plano labor day tournament

Post by herradura 27/08/13, 11:26 am

I think it is just for a change of scenery for both teams. Boys will have a faster speed of play so I see that as a benefit for FB - but SRSA will have an easier go with the U-12 silver division than with U-11 gold.

I think they are just scared affraid  someone in their own age group might just give them a game and burn down the whole "mystique". I think they underestimate the division if they are thinking every game will be like their Warriors game. I know for a fact there are many 03 teams that are itching to play them...

On the flip side, and more realistically, I am sure they wanted to play U-12 gold...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/08/13, 12:29 pm

" I know for a fact there are many 03 teams that are itching to play them...

it wont even be close this year, no team will put up any real contest. I haven't heard of any team "itching" to play them, more like resigned...

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 27/08/13, 12:55 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Looks like everything stayed the same in the Gold division. I kind of figured there would be some movement of teams but I guess not, Bracket D still looks to be the toughest from top to bottom.

If I were to do some early guess I'd say the teams advancing from each bracket would be:

Bracket A: FCD Gold & DT Moreno

Bracket B: DTS & Sting G

Bracket C: Andromeda & LP Keegan

Bracket D: LP Elite and TSC (although I really won't be shocked if Sting H and Lubbock advance).

Whew, going to be a hot one this weekend.
TSC - really? I would be shocked to see them even get a win in their bracket...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 27/08/13, 01:32 pm

I'm just going off the little bit I've been told from the few teams that have played them, they tied Sting Hilton 0-0, beat LP Elite 1-0 and lost to FCD 1-0 a few months ago so I figured the winner of the game between Elite and TSC would determine first place in the bracket.

Besides, where is the fun in always picking the safe picks Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 27/08/13, 02:33 pm

herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Looks like everything stayed the same in the Gold division. I kind of figured there would be some movement of teams but I guess not, Bracket D still looks to be the toughest from top to bottom.

If I were to do some early guess I'd say the teams advancing from each bracket would be:

Bracket D: LP Elite and TSC (although I really won't be shocked if Sting H and Lubbock advance).

I totally agree.  TSC probably loses by 3-5 goals against everyone in that bracket.  Since two of those games are 7:30AM, those teams are probably good just resting your studs and letting the bench do the heavy lifting.  TSCH will be the team wearing all pink, eating gummy bears on the bench, and celebrating their hard fought loss by running under a human tunnel after the game.  

Wink

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 27/08/13, 02:42 pm

<---   I couldn't resist....  Smile

In all seriousness, in that bracket any of the four teams can go 3-0 and any can go 0-3, including TSCH, or LP Elite.  Love playing in NTX though.  Can't wait.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 27/08/13, 02:45 pm

jamestren wrote:
herradura wrote:

I totally agree.  TSC probably loses by 3-5 goals against everyone in that bracket.  Since two of those games are 7:30AM, those teams are probably good just resting your studs and letting the bench do the heavy lifting.  TSCH will be the team wearing all pink, eating gummy bears on the bench, and celebrating their hard fought loss by running under a human tunnel after the game.  

Wink
I totally forgot!!  We get to to see the Oklahoma super studette play this weekend! I am bringing my popcorn jamstren. And your DD should bring her football helmet when you guys play Azul... No, seriously, full football pads and helmet are recommended when playing them - no, really, I am not exaggerating.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 27/08/13, 02:55 pm

herradura wrote:I totally forgot!!  We get to to see the Oklahoma super studette play this weekend! I am bringing my popcorn jamstren. And your DD should bring her football helmet when you guys play Azul... No, seriously, full football pads and helmet are recommended when playing them - no, really, I am not exaggerating.

I'll save you a seat Smile

She isn't even the best player on this team. Very solid girls at every position. Nothing spectacluar, and definitely nothing rivaling superteams in NTX, but a great group of girls. Always love coming down. Just trying to play the best to make ourselves a little better in the long run....

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 27/08/13, 03:02 pm

jamestren wrote:
herradura wrote:I totally forgot!!  We get to to see the Oklahoma super studette play this weekend! I am bringing my popcorn jamstren. And your DD should bring her football helmet when you guys play Azul... No, seriously, full football pads and helmet are recommended when playing them - no, really, I am not exaggerating.
I'll save you a seat  Smile

She isn't even the best player on this team.  Very solid girls at every position.  Nothing spectacluar, and definitely nothing rivaling superteams in NTX, but a great group of girls.  Always love coming down.  Just trying to play the best to make ourselves a little better in the long run....
Look forward to having you guys in! I have heard nothing but good things about your team. Good luck!
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 27/08/13, 03:29 pm

Not used to Herradura being so hospitable....
Us local folks don't get nearly that kind of welcome.

must be the tequilla talking.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 27/08/13, 03:44 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Not used to Herradura being so hospitable....
Us local folks don't get nearly that kind of welcome.

must be the tequilla talking.
Its always nice to see who is monitoring the boards out there from afar. I would bet we get some Cruz Azul chatter before it is all over, but maybe not -  since they have had it handed to them the last couple of times they have come to town. Notice the lack of history on their GotSoccer page...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GOLDENDOMER 27/08/13, 04:27 pm

What's really nice to see is how much of a closet Cruz fan herradura is. Every other comment is about us, oh by the way what's your affiliation sweat heart. and I hardly think that two points in three games with a quarter of the girls trying to make the team is being handed anything. I am happy to inform you though that the squad is solid and ready to compete. And by the way if your in the neighborhood this weekend stop by I think we still have some extra "Cruz Azul" shirts for the groupies.
GOLDENDOMER
GOLDENDOMER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 27/08/13, 04:30 pm

cheers 
GOLDENDOMER wrote:What's really nice to see is how much of a closet Cruz fan herradura is. Every other comment is about us, oh by the way what's your affiliation sweat heart. and I hardly think that two points in three games with a quarter of the girls trying to make the team is being handed anything. I am happy to inform you though that the squad is solid and ready to compete. And by the way if your in the neighborhood this weekend stop by I think we still have some extra "Cruz Azul" shirts for the groupies.
cheers I knew you wouldn't let me down!
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2