North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Human Rankings Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Human Rankings

Go down

Human Rankings Empty Human Rankings

Post by futbollove 03/09/13, 12:41 pm

I know there was a thread out there somewhere once before,  but too lazy to look for it. So here goes another:
1. Kicks- until someone can prove otherwise, they seem to be the consensus #1. (Although according to Borussia, they won't be playing 06's for some time) Looks like they tore through 05 silver at PLD, including a win over Roach, losing in the finals.
2. LP Barnes- have not lost to an 06 team yet (have not played many of the big dogs either, but that will all change soon enough). Nice size, pass the ball well.
3. Solar(Texans)- Have a nice resume, and another big time coach on board. I know several posters are ready to annoint  this team the second coming of SRSA(and they very well might be) but let's just see it play out on the field first. They can certainly make their case at least for #2 this weekend.
4. Sting Chacon- Despite the loss to Roach in their last tourney, this team can beat anyone any given day.
5. Solar McDaniel- Solid core that has been together for a while. Can't seem to consistently win against the top 4 though.
Honorable Mention:
Solar Armstrong- Breezed through to the quarters in PLD 05 silver. May be poised to crack into the top 5.

Let the banter begin.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Human Rankings Empty Re: Human Rankings

Post by Guest 03/09/13, 01:17 pm

futbollove wrote:I know there was a thread out there somewhere once before,  but too lazy to look for it. So here goes another:
1. Kicks- until someone can prove otherwise, they seem to be the consensus #1. (Although according to Borussia, they won't be playing 06's for some time) Looks like they tore through 05 silver at PLD, including a win over Roach, losing in the finals.
2. LP Barnes- have not lost to an 06 team yet (have not played many of the big dogs either, but that will all change soon enough). Nice size, pass the ball well.
3. Solar(Texans)- Have a nice resume, and another big time coach on board. I know several posters are ready to annoint  this team the second coming of SRSA(and they very well might be) but let's just see it play out on the field first. They can certainly make their case at least for #2 this weekend.
4. Sting Chacon- Despite the loss to Roach in their last tourney, this team can beat anyone any given day.
5. Solar McDaniel- Solid core that has been together for a while. Can't seem to consistently win against the top 4 though.
Honorable Mention:
Solar Armstrong- Breezed through to the quarters in PLD 05 silver. May be poised to crack into the top 5.

Let the banter begin.
I dont think there is much to banter about just yet friend.

Your Top 4 are the correct ones. Solar Armstrong I would not lump in with that pack though (take a look at their 05 group and you will see it was WEAK at best, they were then hammered 6-0 by Sting Hanlon that Kicks beat to advance to the finals). Below that it will take time to see who steps forward from the pack to make up the Top 15 or so.

Roach has (so I have been told) FCD authority to raid FCD rosters for the studs to create the top team over there.

Solar Armstrong is definetly tier 2.

Mutiny, Spirit Weir, Liverpool Dalglish, the list goes on..

shaping up to be a fun fall season thats for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 03/09/13, 01:55 pm

Here's the deal...

One of the things that made BWG and his rankings so great was his emphasis on the data. Not so much in the opinions.

Most folks aren't going to care how 100% accurate you are, but if you're going to offer "heresay" with the rankings data, then your credibility will be questioned.

Please just stick to the facts and don't stir up a sh@tstorm.

This group is already looking worse than any that's come before them....they won't need your help.
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/09/13, 02:05 pm

What BWG and MSlater had actually started back in the day was...

FBR, Human Rankings, and then a hybrid that took the FBR and an average of the Human Rankings..

That was all then posted on their rankings website they maintained. In order to do so one had to submit a Human Ranking (which I am sure BWG and MSlater did).

I would have to ask the man, but I would venture to say he doesnt comment on other age groups or go to that level of data compiling because he doesnt watch any of them play or have any interest to... he doesnt have an 02, 03, 04, or 05. Its strictly the numbers for him.

Fact is I have a dd that is an 06 and I watch a lot of these teams play, have since day 1 for this group.

Untill more data is there to be plugged into FBR the whole thing is up for debate besides Kicks, LP Barnes, Solar McDaniel, SRSA 06, Sting Chacon....

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 03/09/13, 02:29 pm

Borussia wrote:
futbollove wrote:I know there was a thread out there somewhere once before,  but too lazy to look for it. So here goes another:
Honorable Mention:

Let the banter begin.
I dont think there is much to banter about just yet friend.

Your Top 4 are the correct ones.  Solar Armstrong I would not lump in with that pack though (take a look at their 05 group and you will see it was WEAK at best, they were then hammered 6-0 by Sting Hanlon that Kicks beat to advance to the finals).  Below that it will take time to see who steps forward from the pack to make up the Top 15 or so.

Roach has (so I have been told) FCD authority to raid FCD rosters for the studs to create the top team over there.

Solar Armstrong is definetly tier 2.

Mutiny, Spirit Weir, Liverpool Dalglish, the list goes on..

shaping up to be a fun fall season thats for sure.
Roach and not Kat? Is there a changing of the guard at FCD?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 03/09/13, 02:34 pm

Great.

Sounds a lot like having a Dad for a coach. affraid 

TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/09/13, 02:50 pm

Borussia wrote:What BWG and MSlater had actually started back in the day was...

FBR, Human Rankings, and then a hybrid that took the FBR and an average of the Human Rankings..

That was all then posted on their rankings website they maintained. In order to do so one had to submit a Human Ranking (which I am sure BWG and MSlater did).  

I would have to ask the man, but I would venture to say he doesnt comment on other age groups or go to that level of data compiling because he doesnt watch any of them play or have any interest to... he doesnt have an 02, 03, 04, or 05.  Its strictly the numbers for him.

Fact is I have a dd that is an 06 and I watch a lot of these teams play, have since day 1 for this group.  

Untill more data is there to be plugged into FBR the whole thing is up for debate besides Kicks, LP Barnes, Solar McDaniel, SRSA 06, Sting Chacon....
'01's actually had 3 different rankings going on. Two mathematical systems FBR (owned by bwgophers and mslater) and Power Rankings (owned by Hobbitt), and one weekly human poll (owned by OrangeBlooded).

I would then compile the FBR, Power Rankings, and Human Poll into a "BCS" style composite ranking.

The human poll was open to anyone who was willing to rank out through at least a top 25. OB would take how ever many entries that were posted that week, and sum them up and post the composite human poll.

I never participated in the human poll, and to my knowledge, neither did mslater, as it would be a conflict of interest.

FBR does not have to be the only game in town. I've always welcomed anyone who has the desire and dedication to maintain an alternate ranking system, whether it's formula based like FBR or Power Rankings, or a human opinion poll. For whatever reason, FBR is the only one that's stuck around on a long-term consistent basis in the '02's-'05's.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 03/09/13, 03:28 pm

TheWolf wrote:Here's the deal...

One of the things that made BWG and his rankings so great was his emphasis on the data.  Not so much in the opinions.  

Most folks aren't going to care how 100% accurate you are, but if you're going to offer "heresay" with the rankings data, then your credibility will be questioned.

Please just stick to the facts and don't stir up a sh@tstorm.

This group is already looking worse than any that's come before them....they won't need your help.
I disagree. This group has been much tamer, to this point, than others before. And it is a human poll, meaning facts and data are out the window.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/09/13, 04:31 pm

I have to say this... but your current avatar is more disturbing every time I look at it Futbolove... hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 03/09/13, 04:43 pm

I thought the same thing...but I can't stop looking at it...lol
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 03/09/13, 06:19 pm

Everytime I think about changing it, it just draws me in again. It's like a bad car wreck.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down