North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Substandard Liverpool Backpack Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Substandard Liverpool Backpack

Go down

Substandard Liverpool Backpack Empty Substandard Liverpool Backpack

Post by liverfool4never 22/02/14, 01:15 pm

Are any other Liverpool parents having trouble with their new backpacks falling apart? It looks like they sold us a $16 HighFive backpack as a premium "academy/select" backpack. I think most of them will be lucky to last a year.

Last edited by liverfool4never on 24/02/14, 09:13 am; edited 1 time in total

liverfool4never
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Substandard Liverpool Backpack Empty Re: Substandard Liverpool Backpack

Post by Five 0 22/02/14, 03:20 pm

Have a snickers bar liverfool4ever. You are being a diva when you are hungry................

Five 0
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by liverfool4never 22/02/14, 03:44 pm

Five 0 wrote:Have a snickers bar liverfool4ever. You are being a diva when you are hungry................

Not being a Diva, just trying to figure out why they sell you a K-Mart quality product at a Niemann-Marcus price. It is most likely because there are fools willing to pay for it. If your DD doesn't have one then I think you should be quiet until you have had a chance to examine one. If you do have one, open your friggin' eyes. Half of our team's bags are falling apart after having them for only a few months.

liverfool4never
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/02/14, 03:47 pm

liverfool4never wrote:Are any other Liverpool parents having trouble with their new backpacks falling apart?   It looks like they sold us a $16 HighFive backpack as a premium "academy/select" backpack.   I think most of them will be lucky to last a year.

Here's an idea. Tell your coach or Liverpool you need it replaced!

Back to top Go down

Post by liverfool4never 22/02/14, 03:51 pm

Master Bates wrote:
liverfool4never wrote:Are any other Liverpool parents having trouble with their new backpacks falling apart?   It looks like they sold us a $16 HighFive backpack as a premium "academy/select" backpack.   I think most of them will be lucky to last a year.

You really are funny, Liverpool will not replace anything that has been used, but they will sell you a replacement piece of crap.

liverfool4never
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/02/14, 03:54 pm

liverfool4never wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

You really are funny, Liverpool will not replace anything, but they will sell you a replacement piece of crap.

Of course they will

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 22/02/14, 04:01 pm

...and you gotta love the $15 cotton tees they sale for practice that probably cost them $5. A profit machine!
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by liverfool4never 22/02/14, 04:08 pm

Lakedad wrote:...and you gotta love the $15 cotton tees they sale for practice that probably coat them $5. A profit machine!

I personally don't care if they make a profit, I just wish they would sell a quality product.

liverfool4never
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MyDDBeatUpYourDD 22/02/14, 04:38 pm

Master Bates wrote:
liverfool4never wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

You really are funny, Liverpool will not replace anything, but they will sell you a replacement piece of crap.

Of course they will

I have to agree with liverfool, they do not fix their mistakes. We ordered the intermediate socks which were labeled to fit our DD, but had enough material in the foot area for her to put both her feet into. They would not replace them because they had been opened even though they were clearly defectively manufactured or mislabeled.
MyDDBeatUpYourDD
MyDDBeatUpYourDD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 22/02/14, 05:21 pm

Don't worry. Soon enough they will offer you some flowers at a discount.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 22/02/14, 05:35 pm

My dd backpack is fine...sock situation is friggin silly...have to be adult sized socks...no way my 07 can wear the smallest ones...  and wont be able to for 3 or 4 years. Guess warrior doesnt make youth socks...the heel is halfway up their calf.  Glad I bought two pair. Sad
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemy02soccergrl 22/02/14, 11:13 pm

The whole kit situation about has me crazy. Warrior cut Liverpool a huge break to become the first North American club to use warrior and to match the EPL club. In the kit, we were supposed to get a third game uni and shorts plus lots more. What did we get? The same ole' thing and a $10 price hike over last year. They couldn't get us the premium bags because customs wouldn't allow them in due to the lead content. So after waiting months, the club says that they are going to switch them with a "comparable" quality bag. Retail cost for the premium bag last year was approx. $60 and the bag we got this year was approx. $14 when purchased in bulk. We simply threw the new bag in the attic with the other crappy one they gave us in academy. Absolutely ridiculous. The only thing worse is that they made the academy kids this year pay extra this year to get the 'premium' bag only to give them the same exact bag they had last year.
lovemy02soccergrl
lovemy02soccergrl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Honcho47 23/02/14, 12:43 am

Everton Fc America?

Honcho47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turboblaster 23/02/14, 03:39 am

I noted this when we gave up our premium Adidas bags to go to this one.  I know our team has at least 3 with straps falling apart and 2 with zipper failures, but there could be more.

Liverpool is all about making money.  I think that is what they mean when they talk about "the Liverpool Way".  Perhaps this will all catch up with them eventually, karma's a b!tc& and reputations are hard to rebuild once they are trashed.   It is funny that the EPL team got away with putting out an inferior product for years and kept its fan base somehow.
turboblaster
turboblaster
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/02/14, 07:10 pm

lovemy02soccergrl wrote:The whole kit situation about has me crazy.  Warrior cut Liverpool a huge break to become the first North American club to use warrior and to match the EPL club.  In the kit, we were supposed to get a third game uni and shorts plus lots more.  What did we get?  The same ole' thing and a $10 price hike over last year.  They couldn't get us the premium bags because customs wouldn't allow them in due to the lead content.  So after waiting months, the club says that they are going to switch them with a "comparable" quality bag.  Retail cost for the premium bag last year was approx. $60 and the bag we got this year was approx. $14 when purchased in bulk.  We simply threw the new bag in the attic with the other crappy one they gave us in academy. Absolutely ridiculous.  The only thing worse is that they made the academy kids this year pay extra this year to get the 'premium' bag only to give them the same exact bag they had last year.

Whoever you are talking to that is telling you what kind of deal LP got or about customs with the bag, stop talking to them right now. I don't know why they didn't just get the warrior backpack but there is no customs issue, you can order a Liverpool warriors packpack online or several other warrior branded styles. As far as the uniforms go I never heard anything like the 3rd kit and this and that.

Fact!!! The bag sucks. I have no idea why they did that bag.
Fact #2 if you kid is in it for the cool bag the STOP PLAYING NOW
DD's backpack has a whole and I patched it and life went on but I am more worried about the practice and on field product and she doesn't care either
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by turboblaster 23/02/14, 08:46 pm

go99 wrote:
Whoever you are talking to that is telling you what kind of deal LP got or about customs with the bag, stop talking to them right now.  I don't know why they didn't just get the warrior backpack but there is no customs issue, you can order a Liverpool warriors packpack online or several other warrior branded styles.  As far as the uniforms go I never heard anything like the 3rd kit and this and that.  

Fact!!!  The bag sucks.  I have no idea why they did that bag.
DD's backpack has a whole and I patched it and life went on but I am more worried about the practice and on field product and she doesn't care either

You know, my daughter does not care, but I do.   Our last bag held up well and was much more functional.   It had extra pockets for hair ties and a brush, separate compartment for a first aid kit/indoor shoes/goalie jersey/gloves (just in case) as well as another  compartment for our "other uniform" and warmups.    On a tournament weekend, the girls spend a lot of time living out of their bag and 1 large compartment half taken up by a ball becomes a friggin' mess in a hurry and there is NO reason that it has to be like that except someone decided to take the cheap route and pocket the difference.   When they do this with a tangible product, it is easy to see that you have been screwed.

Now you mention the practice and onfield product.    I agree that this is vastly more important, but it is a little harder to quantify. I believe they are missing the mark there as well.   I have seen no evidence of a club curricula or common coaching methods across the organization.   There is no cohesive recruitment program for their teams.    Each coach is the ruler of an island in a sea full of sharks.   I could go on, but it is clear to anyone there.
turboblaster
turboblaster
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/02/14, 09:09 pm

yep and what you just described is every other club in NTX. So I agree with you 100% but I don't single out LP for that.

The bag is not a conspiracy or some grand scheme to make millions. It's a bad decision someone made on a bag because they could no longer do adidas. For the record I don't think Warrior was prepared to handle youth soccer accounts when they signed with LP. Even worse I don't think they are equipped to even handle the merchandise support of the pro team.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/14, 08:31 am

go99 wrote:
The bag is not a conspiracy or some grand scheme to make millions.  It's a bad decision someone made on a bag because they could no longer do adidas.

Exactly. I doubt LP put the bag through a rigor test before placing the order to see how they hold up.

Back to top Go down

Post by turboblaster 24/02/14, 09:11 am

thatwasweird wrote:
go99 wrote:
The bag is not a conspiracy or some grand scheme to make millions.  It's a bad decision someone made on a bag because they could no longer do adidas.

Exactly.  I doubt LP put the bag through a rigor test before placing the order to see how they hold up.  

At a cost of $14 per bag, I am sure it passed the cost (cheapness) test. The old adage of you get what you pay for is often true. They even went out and made the proclamation that the bag was "similar or higher in quality/style to such well-known brands as Nike, Under Armour and Adidas." Other than Under Armour which has been known to release some substandard products in some categories, their statement was either a stupid mistake or outright lie, but as a minimum it was very misleading. They should have known better.
turboblaster
turboblaster
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by deepblack 24/02/14, 10:50 am

Situation Normal... Either do the hard work and get a good product or speak propaganda, cross fingers, and hope for the best
deepblack
deepblack
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/14, 11:01 am

turboblaster wrote:
go99 wrote:
Whoever you are talking to that is telling you what kind of deal LP got or about customs with the bag, stop talking to them right now.  I don't know why they didn't just get the warrior backpack but there is no customs issue, you can order a Liverpool warriors packpack online or several other warrior branded styles.  As far as the uniforms go I never heard anything like the 3rd kit and this and that.  

Fact!!!  The bag sucks.  I have no idea why they did that bag.

You know, my daughter does not care, but I do.   Our last bag held up well and was much more functional.   It had extra pockets for hair ties and a brush, separate compartment for a first aid kit/indoor shoes/goalie jersey/gloves (just in case) as well as another  compartment for our "other uniform" and warmups.    On a tournament weekend, the girls spend a lot of time living out of their bag and 1 large compartment half taken up by a ball becomes a friggin' mess in a hurry and there is NO reason that it has to be like that except someone decided to take the cheap route and pocket the difference.   When they do this with a tangible product, it is easy to see that you have been screwed.

Now you mention the practice and onfield product.    I agree that this is vastly more important, but it is a little harder to quantify. I believe they are missing the mark there as well.   I have seen no evidence of a club curricula or common coaching methods across the organization.   There is no cohesive recruitment program for their teams.    Each coach is the ruler of an island in a sea full of sharks.   I could go on, but it is clear to anyone there.

There is a curricula I would suggest you talk to your coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverfool4never 14/06/14, 09:11 am

I asked about our curricula and finally got a response:

1. Defenders - Kick the ball over the head of the other teams defense

2. Midfielders - Kick the ball over the head of the other teams defense

3. Forwards - run like hell and try to kick the ball in the goal.

liverfool4never
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 15/06/14, 07:30 pm

liverfool4never wrote:I asked about our curricula and finally got a response:

1.  Defenders - Kick the ball over the head of the other teams defense

2.  Midfielders - Kick the ball over the head of the other teams defense

3.  Forwards - run like hell and try to kick the ball in the goal.

4. never walk alone

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 15/06/14, 08:00 pm

go99 wrote:yep and what you just described  is every other club in NTX. So I agree with you 100% but I don't single out LP for that.

The bag is not a conspiracy or some grand scheme to make millions.  It's a bad decision someone made on a bag because they could no longer do adidas.  For the record I don't think Warrior was prepared to handle youth soccer accounts when they signed with LP.  Even worse I don't think they are equipped to even handle the merchandise support of the pro team.

Hold up GO69.

How do you know about every other club in NTX? I know of 3 clubs that don't try to stick parents with crappy gear in the hopes of making a few extra bucks. Liverpool does.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum