North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Yesterday at 05:02 pmsoccer712
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPEN23/07/21, 04:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC 23/07/21, 03:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $7523/07/21, 11:18 amTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available 23/07/21, 10:05 amAshlock09
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!23/07/21, 08:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)22/07/21, 05:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. 22/07/21, 07:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTON22/07/21, 05:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/07/21, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions20/07/21, 11:46 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/07/21, 12:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/07/21, 09:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/07/21, 08:09 pmcenTex
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203250 messages in 30753 subjects

Texas Showcase

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by jsullivan81 25/02/14, 08:25 am

For someone that is as far removed as you claim, you sure do know every possible detail. Did you hear about from your cousins brothers sisters uncle at 31 Flavors last night?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by tornado11 25/02/14, 09:36 am

My three youngest kids (the 'youngest' is now 25) all attended ESD and I have a grandson at the school so I've had a 'connection' for several years. That is my interest in the school and in it's girl's sports programs.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 3156
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by stingMe 25/02/14, 09:51 am

tornado11, the more you post, the more ignorant you make yourself look. You have none of the facts right. Those girls played in every single game, they never sat out an entire game. They got the exact same amount of time as everyone on the team except for maybe one or two that are injured. So what, exactly are you referring to as being "punished". Every girl on that team sat a little in each game, so I guess they were all punished. Maybe you should verify your facts before you get on here and start running coaches and clubs into the ground. Why do you care about this event so much, ECNL doesn't even matter remember, just go to an ID camp and do us all a favor and stop talking! What do the "real parents" of these girls think of what you're posting on their behalf. We're sorry, next time we start making the schedules we'll be sure and ask the 2 ESD girls if it works for them with all their high school games, social events and debutante balls....

stingMe
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 2711
Join date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by tornado11 25/02/14, 09:56 am

Both girls normally start. The fact that they didn't start because of 'punishment' for having the nerve to play in a State Championship Game for their school instead of some make up ECNL game strikes me as being wrong. several of you seem to disagree. That is what chat boards are for. I will leave the personal attacks to you and others.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 3156
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by stingMe 25/02/14, 10:10 am

You'll leave the personal attacks to me and others??!?!?! You called our club and coaches "morons" numerous times ... isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

stingMe
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 2711
Join date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by ballhead 25/02/14, 10:11 am

tornado11 wrote:Both girls normally start. The fact that they didn't start because of 'punishment' for having the nerve to play in a State Championship Game for their school instead of some make up ECNL game strikes me as being wrong. several of you seem to disagree. That is what chat boards are for. I will leave the personal attacks to you and others.

You've told a couple of different stories here.  The one above, and your first post in this thread: "Pity that the coaches of Solar Chelsea '98 are morons....they sat two starters for having the nerve to play for their school last weekend (Feb 14th/15th) in the SPC Title Game in Houston instead of participating in some meaningless ECNL make up game...thus denying these two of a chance to 'showcase' their talents in front of college coaches...."

It doesn't appear they were denied the chance to 'showcase' their talents in front of college coaches at all.  

In my experience, it's very common for a player to miss some playing time for missing a game and/or practices.  On my dd's team, that was the rule, and the players that gave up other activities (proms, high school games, etc.) to play the games thought it was a fair tradeoff for the players that elected to do something else on game day.

In fact, usually the players that missed games understood that there was a choice to be made, and consequences for their choices.  No big deal.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 440
Points : 4123
Join date : 2011-06-29
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by jsullivan81 25/02/14, 10:22 am

So, you dont have a child that plays soccer anymore and you still post? Since you have given so much detail I am sure the parents of those two girls appreciate your lobbying on their behalf. I am sure the moron of a coach appreciates it too.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3599
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by tornado11 25/02/14, 10:33 am

Why do so many of you appear unable to post without resorting to personal attacks..?

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 3156
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by ballhead 25/02/14, 10:42 am

tornado11 wrote:Why do so many of you appear unable to post without resorting to personal attacks..?

Wasn't the first "personal attack" in this thread your post calling the Solar coaches "morons?"
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 440
Points : 4123
Join date : 2011-06-29
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by tornado11 25/02/14, 10:44 am

Don't believe he/they post on these boards.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 3156
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by ballhead 25/02/14, 10:59 am

tornado11 wrote:Don't believe  he/they post on these boards.

So personal attacks are OK under certain conditions, as long as they aren't directed at you.

Do you really find it surprising to get called out when you post a false claim about moron coaches not allowing players to showcase their talent at the worthless ECNL showcase, then later post on the same thread that they only missed starting the game?
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 440
Points : 4123
Join date : 2011-06-29
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by golgolgol 25/02/14, 11:10 am

tornado11 wrote:Both girls normally start. The fact that they didn't start because of 'punishment' for having the nerve to play in a State Championship Game for their school instead of some make up ECNL game strikes me as being wrong. several of you seem to disagree. That is what chat boards are for. I will leave the personal attacks to you and others.

So the issue is really that these two did not start the game? But they did play? They did get a chance to showcase?

I'm sorry, but this sounds very much like typical private school entitlement mentality. The reality is that everybody can't have everything they want, even if it doesn't sound fair. It's a good lesson for the kids. They chose to play in the SPC Championship, over an ECNL make-up game. Because of that, they did not start the following ECNL game. Lesson learned. Congrats to them on the SPC title, they still got to get an opportunity to showcase for any coaches at the ECNL event.

My kid had the same things happen, and guess what? She still has offers on the table for college soccer next year. It's not the end of the world. As others have said, as long as the coach was clear on what would happen, then there should not be an issue.

golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 949
Points : 5644
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 105
Location : right here

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by Pele98 25/02/14, 11:27 am

jsullivan81 wrote:So, you dont have a child that plays soccer anymore and you still post? Since you have given so much detail I am sure the parents of those two girls appreciate your lobbying on their behalf. I am sure the moron of a coach appreciates it too.

Folks, don't fall for that 'my child doesn't play' stuff from Tornado11.

I have been informed by one of the Solar parents that Tornado11's dd is indeed a Solar 98 ECNL player and also an ESD student-athlete.  The girl was dual rostered last year U15 but did not play ECNL (I think that explains Tornados11 detest for ECNL then), but since then has been a regular member of Solar U16 ECNL due to injuries on many core Solar ECNL players (hence the missed opportunity to "Showcase" as claimed by Tornado11).

Sad part is, almost everyone connected with Solar ECNL U16 knows what is going on, including the "Moron coach MT".   Makes for a wonderful Spring Season.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 624
Points : 5103
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Enjoying soccer........somewhere

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by jsullivan81 25/02/14, 11:44 am

Pele98 wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:So, you dont have a child that plays soccer anymore and you still post? Since you have given so much detail I am sure the parents of those two girls appreciate your lobbying on their behalf. I am sure the moron of a coach appreciates it too.

Folks, don't fall for that 'my child doesn't play' stuff from Tornado11.

I have been informed by one of the Solar parents that Tornado11's dd is indeed a Solar 98 ECNL player and also an ESD student-athlete.  The girl was dual rostered last year U15 but did not play ECNL (I think that explains Tornados11 detest for ECNL then), but since then has been a regular member of Solar U16 ECNL due to injuries on many core Solar ECNL players (hence the missed opportunity to "Showcase" as claimed by Tornado11).

Sad part is, almost everyone connected with Solar ECNL U16 knows what is going on, including the "Moron coach MT".   Makes for a wonderful Spring Season.



Wait.. stop the presses. Are you really implying that someone on here was not forthcoming with why they have an interest in something. Shocking!

The bad thing is, the girl(s) in question will possibly be see less playing time now because of Tornado. Way to go.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3599
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by RealityMonitor 25/02/14, 11:46 am

Didn't Tornado post that ESD hadn't been to the championship game in 14 years? Why would the coach worry about that date for a makeup? Chances were great that it would not be a problem. I do find it funny that Tornado thinks his kid gets superior coaching when it only takes 17 games to win a state championship in that league. It sure sounds like the ECNL should fold against that type of competition. Why would anyone play in the farce that is ECNL?

I do have a question about them not starting. Did the girls that started ahead of them play terrible?

RealityMonitor
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 2708
Join date : 2014-02-25

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by ballhead 25/02/14, 11:55 am

jsullivan81 wrote:
Pele98 wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:So, you dont have a child that plays soccer anymore and you still post? Since you have given so much detail I am sure the parents of those two girls appreciate your lobbying on their behalf. I am sure the moron of a coach appreciates it too.

Folks, don't fall for that 'my child doesn't play' stuff from Tornado11.

I have been informed by one of the Solar parents that Tornado11's dd is indeed a Solar 98 ECNL player and also an ESD student-athlete.  The girl was dual rostered last year U15 but did not play ECNL (I think that explains Tornados11 detest for ECNL then), but since then has been a regular member of Solar U16 ECNL due to injuries on many core Solar ECNL players (hence the missed opportunity to "Showcase" as claimed by Tornado11).

Sad part is, almost everyone connected with Solar ECNL U16 knows what is going on, including the "Moron coach MT".   Makes for a wonderful Spring Season.



Wait.. stop the presses. Are you really implying that someone on here was not forthcoming with why they have an interest in something. Shocking!

The bad thing is, the girl(s) in question will possibly be see less playing time now because of Tornado. Way to go.

That can't be the case.  Tornado11's dd wouldn't play ECNL, it would just be a waste of her time.  She'd simply show up at North Carolina's camp and claim her spot on that team.  It's obvious that's by far the best way to get recruited.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 440
Points : 4123
Join date : 2011-06-29
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by Pinnochio 25/02/14, 04:36 pm

Pele98 wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:So, you dont have a child that plays soccer anymore and you still post? Since you have given so much detail I am sure the parents of those two girls appreciate your lobbying on their behalf. I am sure the moron of a coach appreciates it too.

Folks, don't fall for that 'my child doesn't play' stuff from Tornado11.

I have been informed by one of the Solar parents that Tornado11's dd is indeed a Solar 98 ECNL player and also an ESD student-athlete.  The girl was dual rostered last year U15 but did not play ECNL (I think that explains Tornados11 detest for ECNL then), but since then has been a regular member of Solar U16 ECNL due to injuries on many core Solar ECNL players (hence the missed opportunity to "Showcase" as claimed by Tornado11).

Sad part is, almost everyone connected with Solar ECNL U16 knows what is going on, including the "Moron coach MT".   Makes for a wonderful Spring Season.

Solar U16 has not received this much attention in years. I guess everyone was right that the Pulpanek girls would make a big impression after all.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 159
Points : 4100
Join date : 2010-10-11

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by Packrabbit 25/02/14, 06:08 pm

tornado11 wrote:Why do so many of you appear unable to post without resorting to personal attacks..?

Wow. Tornado is an apt username. I don't have a problem with coaches being morons; it is a fact that they're all morons when they sit your kid. However, there is hope: I have found those same coaches' intelligence level proportionally increases with your kid's playing time in won matches.

Some valuable lessons I relearned today:
1. Soccer is a very small community; somebody knows you.
2. It's best not to go to a computer when you are aggravated.
3. Forum folks pay attention and remember, especially when you are talking about their DD's team.
4. If you don't want none, don't give none.
5. You can't screw with Solar parents. Ever.

I hope those same moronic coaches remember our DD's are usually better kids than we act as parents sometimes.

I apologize in advance for when I forget and violate lessons relearned today.

__________________________________________________
Forum Politeness Disclaimer 2.0:
Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 522
Points : 3954
Join date : 2012-12-12

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by Ntxrocks 25/02/14, 06:25 pm

I don't get on here very often. I can certainly tell you however that as the parent of a 99, this rule is very clearly understood. ECNL comes first above all.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2825
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by Abdul09 09/03/14, 10:46 am

DDdad wrote:I have not seen her play in person, but I have heard great things about her. I'm a little surprised by the stats that she is throwing up. Not that stats ever tell the whole story but IMO, they are not "dominating" numbers but very good. Now she could be triple teamed all day and her team is winning but I am a bit surprised. I'm also a little surprised she is not playing up. As has been previously discussed MH from here is playing up and continues to excel and develop with bigger and tougher competition. It seems like at least in NT, many of the truly exceptional difference makers play up. I'm not necessarily an advocate for that but it is the landscape here. There may be a great reason why she does not.

Catarina doesn't play up because the team above her is the number 1 team in the country in the 16 age group and doesn't need her. I will add that she is technically playing up due to her post August 1999 birthday (she should be playing U14) and she did play up with the Cal South 98 ODP team at the recent ODP national championships where Cal South swept all 4 titles. She is an extremely talented player with high end ball skills. She didn't play very much at the National championships but this is due to the fact that my kid's 98 ODP team is filled with national pool players and could beat most D1 teams and my daughter (who is a defender) thinks that she is the real deal. As a matter of fact when comparing her and MH (my daughter played against her at the Nike Manchester cup 2 years ago) she says that Catarina is MORE skilled she just doesn't have MH's speed.
Abdul09
Abdul09
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 3403
Join date : 2012-04-07
Location : San Diego

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by DDdad 09/03/14, 12:11 pm

As I said, there had to be great reasons and I'd consider those great reasons. Thanks for the insight. They are both special players.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 188
Points : 4530
Join date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum