North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Another new topic - Best development coaches - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Another new topic - Best development coaches

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another new topic - Best development coaches - Page 2 Empty Re: Another new topic - Best development coaches

Post by Guest 02/04/14, 03:11 pm

God Bless you.

Here's one. F.D.!

Back to top Go down

Another new topic - Best development coaches - Page 2 Empty Re: Another new topic - Best development coaches

Post by BrianWilliams 02/04/14, 03:14 pm

Thank you.

I am sure we are all impressed with your perspective and you ability to abbreviate.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/14, 03:16 pm

onlythetruth wrote:Thank you.

I am sure we are all impressed with your perspective and you ability to abbreviate.
You're special! It's Freddie Deleon.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 02/04/14, 06:20 pm

So she did this at an individual training session? I never actually mentioned anything about her coaching a team. In regards to KW I specifically mentioned individual training sessions which I still stand by what I said, she's very good in that environment and if I had a daughter starting back through the process I'd have no problem letting KW do individual skills training with her.

I probably could have been more clear since I know the topic was coaches that developed and won, not just good coaches to help individuals develop.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 02/04/14, 07:37 pm

Grand we welcome all input on coaches :-)
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 02/04/14, 10:26 pm

onlythetruth wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

I personally like Kat Webb when it comes to developing great fundamentals and very technically sound players. I've never heard anyone who's gone to individual training sessions with her that didn't have a great time and come out of there better than when they went in.

onlythetruth wrote:Are you kidding me?  Have you ever attended one of her practices?  In person?!?
Oh, ye of the few posts, let's not jump to conclusions. Let's examine your legitimate criticisms and evaluate this coaches' qualities with objective, rational eyes.
 Like a Star @ heaven = poor.   Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven = average.   
Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven = Good.   Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven = Excellent

onlythetruth wrote:If you go, be prepared for her to call your daughter "fruit loop".  I have heard her humiliate and embarass multiple girls.  
Player Interaction/Bonding: Fruit Loop is kinda lame... Even if its a nickname or term of endearment.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  

onlythetruth wrote:I heard her ask a 9-year-old girl if she "rode the short bus".  
Humor, Enjoys her Job:... A good quality. Politically incorrect, but thats pretty dang funny (unless the kid she asked does ride the short bus)... I can use that with my kids.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven 

onlythetruth wrote:When someone said her mom takes her to school, she asked if the mom "drove a short bus."  

Conviction without fear (and humor).  Sticking with her guns... Although I wish kW would have checked the parking lot before asking the question, you can't accomplish anything without conviction.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven 

onlythetruth wrote:I have heard her scream at a player in a game that if she didn't work harder "I am going to kill you."  

Motivational and  Passionate: inspiring other and having passion for ones work is another trait required to be successful.  I hope the player started working harder. Surely the coach worked her way up to a death threat... However, Homicide is generally a Bad Thing.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven 

onlythetruth wrote: I have heard her coach her players to grab and pull jerseys or shove a player in the back because "if the ref doesn't call it, it is not a foul".
Displays a real world knowledge of the game.  Nothing replaces experience. Without more information, I can't really comment fully on this aspect of coaching ability. Did KW teach the proper technique for discreetly shoving and/or pulling the opponents jersey?

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven +1/2

onlythetruth wrote:She regularly coaches practice from a chair or sitting on the turf.
Managment/Coaching Style: most matches are coached from the bench.  Another important detail-- Common Sense:  With or without a cocktail?. If she has a cocktail, it would silly to be out on the field amongst players with one, where it could be spilt.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven + 1/2 (without cocktail)
 Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven + 1/2 (with cocktail)

onlythetruth wrote:This woman is (or should be) an embarassment to other coaches, her team, and the club she coaches for.

Overall Score 3+  Like a Star @ heaven 's

I'm not sure if she's a club embarrassment or not, but I think I'm in love!!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 03/04/14, 06:41 am

Ok Pack you officially made me choke on my hot tea! Well played sir.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by SOUTHOFTHETRACKS 03/04/14, 07:57 am

Pack... Thank you for that! HILARIOUS!
SOUTHOFTHETRACKS
SOUTHOFTHETRACKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 03/04/14, 10:56 am

All he needed was to end with "say good night Gracie." (Please PM me if you need to be told who I am referencing and really make me feel old.)  Razz 
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 03/04/14, 03:15 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:I've always been impressed with Gabe Adames at DTS. His teams are always competitive and they really seem to have a good idea of what they are trying to do. Technically they are always sound.

I'd say there are probably 5 or 6 whose names get tossed out there quite a bit (LW, CP, DM, AS, & GA are the ones that come to mind immediately). However I think there are some others that probably get missed because they don't recruit quite as much as some of the others or have as many teams. I personally like Kat Webb when it comes to developing great fundamentals and very technically sound players. I've never heard anyone who's gone to individual training sessions with her that didn't have a great time and come out of there better than when they went in.

I'd also throw in Keri Baker at LP in the mix, doesn't coach too many teams but her teams (watched more of her 93s or 94's, can't remember the years but they've graduated and moved on now) seem to have a good understanding of what they are doing. I've recently started watching the 05's and like what she's doing.

There are countless more out there that probably are great coaches but never really get the collection of talent that the "top" coaches get. There's a great old saying that you can't win the Kentucky Derby with a mule, and unfortunately some of the best coaches aren't the best recruiters so they never end up with collection of great athletes to develop.

With all that being said, I don't really think craddle to graduation is always the best thing for a players development no matter who the coach might be. I've always been a proponent for switching things up every couple of years because far too often coaches, players, and parents settle in to a level of comfort where growth and even competition is stymied, not because the coach isn't great, he/she is just human and we all become complacent. However that's a topic for another day.

I would have to agree with your points above and add Sid Khoury at Texas Spirit North to the mix. He is the Godfather, the big dog. A little rough around edges for some to handle, but would say he probably does more with less than most anybody out there. Oh, he does have an accent too, it's just not British..lol

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 03/04/14, 03:31 pm

I have to throw David Pfeil into the discussion.  He has always developed successful very technically sound teams and has done wonders with my daughters 01' team.  He is very focused on where the girls he coaches end up as players as opposed to just focusing year by year.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2