North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Other select questions Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Other select questions

Go down

Other select questions Empty Other select questions

Post by SouthlakeDad 18/04/14, 04:34 pm

When do limited substitutions start?

How about the move to a size 5 ball?

I know a team's roster size the first year will be between 14 and 16 for LHGCL (different for PPL, right?). Are there a maximum number of players who can be suited for the game, or is the whole team always allowed?

What other changes might we see for the first year of select? Do any of these changes apply at King Tut or the QT?
SouthlakeDad
SouthlakeDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Other select questions Empty Re: Other select questions

Post by soccersounder 18/04/14, 05:11 pm

No limit on subs outside of ECNL currently..

Go to a size 5 ball at U13..

You can have a max of 18 players on a game day roster in any current league (though LHGCL only allows 16 on a roster for U11 and u12)
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/14, 05:21 pm

SouthlakeDad wrote:When do limited substitutions start?  

How about the move to a size 5 ball?

I know a team's roster size the first year will be between 14 and 16 for LHGCL (different for PPL, right?).  Are there a maximum number of players who can be suited for the game, or is the whole team always allowed?

What other changes might we see for the first year of select?  Do any of these changes apply at King Tut or the QT?

I think the Size 5 ball starts at U13.

We were still allowed unlimited substitutions.  My daughter is finishing her U11 season.

30 minute halves during the season, but many tournaments still used 25 minutes in group stage.

I didn't notice a lot of change between U10 and U11.  Honestly, select has been more relaxed than academy was for our family.  We still practiced twice a week, had time off during the holidays and all that stuff.  The months of May and June were stressful with everyone worrying about team formation, but come July 1st it gets a lot more simple.  You just go out and play soccer with the girls that signed.

Good luck to all the '04s over the next 2 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Classy cleats 21/04/14, 02:29 pm

At select, is play up allowed?

Classy cleats
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 21/04/14, 02:41 pm

Yes, once a player is a U11, she may play up (either as a rostered player or a Player Pass player).
So, playing up sometime occurs during that first year of select.

No one under U11 will be allowed to play in either of the competitive leagues...
Example: you're currently an 04 academy team with a 05 player 'playing up', she will not be allowed to go to QT with you all this summer or play in the League next year
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 22/04/14, 08:18 am

SouthlakeDad wrote:
What other changes might we see for the first year of select?  Do any of these changes apply at King Tut or the QT?
2 other things come to mind that you might want to know;
1. Frozen rosters - No guest playing in league games or certain tournaments (QT/State Cup). So...you play the team - not the team plus a couple studs from a better team.
2. No minimum playing time - the days of rec where each player must play a certain percentage of the game are gone.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/14, 09:04 am

10sDad wrote:
SouthlakeDad wrote:
2 other things come to mind that you might want to know;
1.  Frozen rosters - No guest playing in league games or certain tournaments (QT/State Cup).  So...you play the team - not the team plus a couple studs from a better team.
2.  No minimum playing time - the days of rec where each player must play a certain percentage of the game are gone.

You sure about that 10s? I want to say I've heard rumors about something called Club Player Pass... I can't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen something posted on this board recently about this... Suspect 

Putting the snarkiness aside...

No CPP in LHGCL QT or PPL.
CPP allowed in LHGCL league play and State Cup.

Open guest play (with proper guest player releases) allowed in most other tournaments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/14, 09:30 am

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't state cup allow players to be added to rosters even prior to CPP? I seem to remember the uproar from a few LH parents about ECNL players being added to state cup rosters in years past.

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 22/04/14, 09:41 am

4-3-3 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't state cup allow players to be added to rosters even prior to CPP? I seem to remember the uproar from a few LH parents about ECNL players being added to state cup rosters in years past.

ECNL players are registered through US Club Soccer, and are considered unrostered players in USYS (NTX Soccer) and could be added to State Cup Rosters, as long as it was done prior to the roster freeze date.  They were also added (dual rostered) on LHGCL rosters for the last few years.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/14, 09:50 am

ballhead wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't state cup allow players to be added to rosters even prior to CPP? I seem to remember the uproar from a few LH parents about ECNL players being added to state cup rosters in years past.

ECNL players are registered through US Club Soccer, and are considered unrostered players in USYS (NTX Soccer) and could be added to State Cup Rosters, as long as it was done prior to the roster freeze date.  They were also added (dual rostered) on LHGCL rosters for the last few years.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the CPP rule was already adopted by NTSSA for State Cup in those cases, so those ECNL players were technically added to the State Cup rosters under the CPP rule.  I think the particulars were along the lines of what Ballhead stated, that those players had to be registered with NTSSA and associated with a club roster in some way in order to do that.

In fact, again, correct me if I am wrong, but a club could register a team with NTSSA, whose roster consists of ECNL players that are not on any other NTSSA rosters, and just not enter that team in any NTSSA league or tournament.  Those ECNL players are still officially registered with NTSSA as part of that club, and could be used under any applicable CPP use case.

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 22/04/14, 10:19 am

bwgophers wrote:
ballhead wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the CPP rule was already adopted by NTSSA for State Cup in those cases, so those ECNL players were technically added to the State Cup rosters under the CPP rule.  I think the particulars were along the lines of what Ballhead stated, that those players had to be registered with NTSSA and associated with a club roster in some way in order to do that.  I think you are technically correct in the mechanics of what could have been done, but I don't think that's what happened in the beginning.  I don't think CPP was available for State Cup until 2012, but ECNL players were added prior to that time.  The players I'm personally aware of were, in fact, added to the USYS permanent rosters, not through CPP, although I'm sure some were, once the rule was passed.

In fact, again, correct me if I am wrong, but a club could register a team with NTSSA, whose roster consists of ECNL players that are not on any other NTSSA rosters, and just not enter that team in any NTSSA league or tournament.  Those ECNL players are still officially registered with NTSSA as part of that club, and could be used under any applicable CPP use case.  Again, you're absolutely correct, teams could do that.  In fact, our team was consistently encouraged to do so, but we elected not to simply because of the added cost and hassle to register them through a neighborhood association and NTX.  Back then, ECNL player registration was a walk in the park compared to what you had to do through USYS.  I never had to leave the computer.  
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Classy cleats 24/04/14, 11:28 am

At select, how many teams play in each division at lake highlands and what is their basis of categorization?

Classy cleats
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 24/04/14, 11:33 am

First year of select for '04 girls:

20 teams will play D1 supergroup
10 teams will play D3

Determined by qualifying tourney end of July, first part of August. Number of teams registered divided by 4 will determine number of brackets first weekend. Winners of each bracket will qualify for D1 the first weekend. The remaining D1 and all D3 spots will be determined second week.

Last edited by soccerdad1969 on 24/04/14, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/04/14, 11:33 am

Classy cleats wrote:At select, how many teams play in each division at lake highlands and what is their basis of categorization?  

Everything you want is posted here: http://girlsclassicleague.com/lhgclbylawsandrules/IIIQualifyingRulesforLHGCLVer0302V13.pdf

PM me if you have any questions after reading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Classy cleats 24/04/14, 11:39 am

Gracias. BW.

Classy cleats
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down