North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Donald Sterling - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Donald Sterling

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Donald Sterling - Page 2 Empty Re: Donald Sterling

Post by Shelby427 30/04/14, 03:53 pm

go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:I am still going to disagree.  What sterling and Schott have is the power to inflict harm with their views.  The kkk guy talking white power in his hole in the wall isn't a real problem.  The problem is the Sterlings of the world who have the power to inflict harm.  So no I don't think you support his views you are just deflecting them.  "Sure what he did is bad but look what those black guys did".  And Sharpton, jackson, lee aren't racist.  They are douchbag, opportunistic, race baiters.  But they don't hold a view that whites are less than blacks

Your definition of racism is a bit off.
Racism is not based just on who thinks who is superior... It is ultimately based on the hatred or even dislike of someone based solely on their skin color/race.

No yours is off

"Racism is actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other "

I don't think Sterling "hates" blacks

So as long as I don't believe I am superior, I can discriminate based on what I like or don't like and that is ok? Do you see how silly that is? That is your rule... You might think Oakland is a superior team to the Rangers, and you might still hate Oakland because of who they are. Now while it is ok to dislike sports teams for whatever reason, as a society most people believe it is just to judge people on their deeds and actions, not their banner.

I don't know if he hates them, but he doesn't like them simply because they are black... That is racism.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 04:00 pm

I don't defend sharpton I think he is a terrible person that white people should stop listening too (unless I miss that vote declaring him the voice of black people). And that is not even the beginning of what paula deen did but it's what you will suggest because its easier that delving into what actually took place. But I will type this very slowly so you understand it. I would be a hypocrite if say eminem said something controversial and racist and I was up in arms and not at snoop dog. See Paula deen is not in an industry that actually cultivates and embrases controversy Snoop dog is. Eddie murphy used profanity all of the time and was hilarious. Would be a little less funny if say it was your schools teacher. It's why we haven't seen the snoop dog cooking show on food network. Even say within the industry you wont hear the same thing from Jay Z or Sean Combs because they have other business interest outside of rap.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 04:04 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:I am still going to disagree.  What sterling and Schott have is the power to inflict harm with their views.  The kkk guy talking white power in his hole in the wall isn't a real problem.  The problem is the Sterlings of the world who have the power to inflict harm.  So no I don't think you support his views you are just deflecting them.  "Sure what he did is bad but look what those black guys did".  And Sharpton, jackson, lee aren't racist.  They are douchbag, opportunistic, race baiters.  But they don't hold a view that whites are less than blacks

Racism is not based just on who thinks who is superior... It is ultimately based on the hatred or even dislike of someone based solely on their skin color/race.

No yours is off

"Racism is actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other "

So as long as I don't believe I am superior, I can discriminate based on what I like or don't like and that is ok?  Do you see how silly that is? That is your rule... You might think Oakland is a superior team to the Rangers, and you might still hate Oakland because of who they are. Now while it is ok to dislike sports teams for whatever reason, as a society most people believe it is just to judge people on their deeds and actions, not their banner.

I don't know if he hates them, but he doesn't like them simply because they are black... That is racism.

Now you can re write the definition of racism if you like but mine was correct. Here is the wbster version "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race"

And yes sterling didn't seem to hate blacks he just feels they are inferior. He would rent to them in his buildings etc. Now discrimination is a different thing. I can provide a definition for that too if you would like.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 30/04/14, 04:34 pm

I thought this was a soccer website. Looks like a version of fox and friends. Partly wondering what to write on this subject. See it somewhat from a different side. Though it odd that he was given a lifetime ban, but it's the NBA and the pressure they were receiving created the reason for the lifetime ban. NBA wasn't trying to set a moral stand this was all about colour. And that is the colour Green. They have been trying to get rid of Sterling for ever, he has made such comments since he owned the team, has gotten in trouble before. If not for TMZ. (which seems to report the news more then the news stations) he would continue with his opinions. It's a slippery slope the NBA has opened with a private discussion destroying his life, but we have seen how wardrobe malfuncions ( Janet Jackson what has she done lately) Mis spoken words ( Jimmy the Greek) and just pure stupid stuff (sterling 100 hours of tap) can really screw you up. So let's get the facts straight and not cloud them with other things the NBA decision was about the colour green. Losts sponsors effect the other 31 teams, and that's why you can't bring in what other folks did and compare it. Have to find a black owner that goes off saying stuff equivalent and gets to keep his team then you may have a point. Until then go Mavs.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 30/04/14, 04:38 pm

go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

No yours is off

So as long as I don't believe I am superior, I can discriminate based on what I like or don't like and that is ok?  Do you see how silly that is? That is your rule... You might think Oakland is a superior team to the Rangers, and you might still hate Oakland because of who they are. Now while it is ok to dislike sports teams for whatever reason, as a society most people believe it is just to judge people on their deeds and actions, not their banner.

Now you can re write the definition of racism if you like but mine was correct. Here is the wbster version "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race"

And yes sterling didn't seem to hate blacks he just feels they are inferior.  He would rent to them in his buildings etc. Now discrimination is a different thing.  I can provide a definition for that too if you would like.

So what you are saying if I am correct, is that you can dislike someone for their skin color, and even "discriminate" against them as long as you don't believe your race is superior to theirs...? Again, discrimination based on race is not inherently racism according to your interpretation of the great Webster...

Got it.. Ok.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 15/05/14, 12:21 pm

So.. if another pro owner makes some racially/socially/sexually non-pi comment (lets say Hispanic baseball players), do you think he should/will lose the franchise? Think any hockey players/owners/gms/coaches have ever made comments about minorities in hockey? Time for the NHL to act, right? And now what will the green bay packers do? Require a racial/political/gay/religious sensitivity test before you are allowed to buy stock in the FB team? Are the only people who are safe are gay, atheist, AA's? So magic J and Sam? btw this is off the record, no recordings right?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerF@n 15/05/14, 01:02 pm

Let me just say that after everything I have read on this forum, I am ecstatic too see that no one has cited the 1st ammendment...

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/14, 01:20 pm

$occerF@n wrote:Let me just say that after everything I have read on this forum, I am ecstatic too see that no one has cited the 1st ammendment...

This is Texas; we only know the second amendment.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/05/14, 01:37 pm

DrSoccer wrote:So.. if another pro owner makes some racially/socially/sexually non-pi comment  (lets say Hispanic baseball players), do you think he should/will lose the franchise? Think any hockey players/owners/gms/coaches have ever made comments about minorities in hockey? Time for the NHL to act, right? And now what will the green bay packers do? Require a racial/political/gay/religious sensitivity test before you are allowed to buy stock in the FB team? Are the only people who are safe are gay, atheist, AA's? So magic J and Sam? btw this is off the record, no recordings right?

My heart break for you the poor persecuted majority. Life must be so hard for you. But to answer your question "yes"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 16/05/14, 09:49 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:
$occerF@n wrote:Let me just say that after everything I have read on this forum, I am ecstatic too see that no one has cited the 1st ammendment...

Locked and Loaded Winning!
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 16/05/14, 10:51 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:

Donald Sterling - Page 2 Large_hain
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: