North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Heard a rumor... - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Heard a rumor...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heard a rumor... - Page 2 Empty Re: Heard a rumor...

Post by outonthelimb 04/06/14, 01:57 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:Let me do this this way. Follow me please.  
2ddsinsoccer wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:I'm really confused by this one (okay I'm not completely confused as I see the benefit for two families on FCD Gold) but what do the other parents get out of going to Solar? It's a team move.  Coach decided to leave for reason's unrelated to this team and we decided to follow suit to keep our bye.  There is probably something that I'm missing... I get that Gold would take a step back if one player goes to Solar but I don't get why the whole team would follow suit and leave FCD when as a group they could demand a quality coach from FCD and pickup some of the disenfranchised FCD Premier girls to make a quality FCD team. We didn't need to demand a quality Coach from FCD because WE were happy with our current coach that has done a wonderful job with this team and players.  We did not need to pickup the disenfranchised players from FCD Premier because they either decided to stay with FCD or jumped ship to Sting with JD.  Our players WERE asked to go to Premier, however not the other way around. Our team was and still is in tact and IMO still pretty good quality.  One player does not a team make.  While my DD has done some wonderful things with this team, she could not have done them by herself.  We have an excellent group and while others may not think so, our supporting players are just as good.  Everyone on the team has a role and everyone plays their role to the best of their abilities.  They may not all be standout players but they get the job done and my DD could not have accomplished all that she has without her teammates.

IMO, the Gold parents have more power at this moment than any other group of parents in the '03 age group so long as they are willing to stick together and be okay without having their stud player or coach.  Parting ways with one or both may even be better for the groups long term development.And you draw this conclusion how?  You didn't part ways with Mendoza after Andromeda went bankrupt? You didn't jump ship to another team.  Obviously you thought staying with Mendoza and Sting was better for your DD's long term development because you are still there sharing the sidelines with him now as opposed to him coaching your dd.  So why would our team part ways with our coach or as you stated my DD and stay with FCD and it be somehow better for the team? Breaking up our team and losing our bye was never in the cards.  These girls worked hard for it and these girls deserve to keep it and be with the coach that helped them get it without having to start over.  

Does FCD not have a quality coach in the club that meets the Gold parents standards? Yes, Jon Hopkins which is why we are going with him to Solar.  That can't be it as I know there are some excellent coaches in that club. Are you saying that Solar doesn't have the same quality of excellent Coaches??? It seems they won or were finalist in almost every age group in State Cup so they must be doing something right.  Perhaps those coaches don't want to travel east to coach Gold. This may be true but we didn't want them too.  The East has the same quality Coaches,  my older DD's Coach for FCD is one of them. He would have and could have very easily taken over the team if we wanted to stay and did not want to follow our Coach.  I'd call BS on that one.  Coaches like money and talent and Gold has both.  You seem to know an awful lot about our team, how do you know Gold has Money?? The talent part is true.  You getting a peak at someone's bank statements or just making an assumption from what people drive?  Have you broken bread lately with anyone from our team to know this first hand?

What the heck is going on?   It's really none of your business but if you really, really, really, need to know then I'd be happy to inbox you Jon Hopkins number so he can spell it out for you. If you can't wait that long, you may find his number in another thread "Solar Chelsea 03 Hopkins........  

FC Dallas must have pissed on the toes of the Soccer Gods....smh.

Teams leave clubs all the time, full teams, partial teams whatever and they all have their reasons.  We had ours, we decided as a team to leave together and stay together and that's all that matters to us. Our core group has been together now for 5+ years, we are a family, drama free.  We hang out, travel together, and do lots of things together outside of soccer. At the end of the day, that's what mattered to us so we kept our team together. We left Rec as a team, we left Genesis Elite as a team, we left Juventus as a team and now we've left FCD as a team, end of story. Why mess with the chemistry its taken years to build?

I'm following you but you're not following me. But I believe that there is some insight being shared in your above response so we may be getting somewhere. You've managed to weave a little web in your response so let me untangle that first then summarise the insight that I think you provided but let me pause and do some of the formalities and show proper etiquite so that it's clear I don't wish anyone any ill will.

Congratulations to the FCD Gold team on making the transition to Solar intact. Best of health to all of the families and the daughters involved well into the future. "May the gods be ever in your favor.

Now to the web. I prefer to answer direct questions with direct answers so that there is little room from misinterpretation.
Are you saying that Solar doesn't have the same quality of excellent Coaches??? Nope, I haven't mentioned nor implied anything regarding the quality of coaches at Solar. I never brought Solar coaches up a single/solitary/nary instance in any of my comments above. However, to put a nice bow on it.... I THINK SOLAR HAS A LOT OF QUALITY COACHES, SOME OF THE BEST IN THE METROPLEX.

And you draw this conclusion how? You didn't part ways with Mendoza after Andromeda went bankrupt? You didn't jump ship to another team. Obviously you thought staying with Mendoza and Sting was better for your DD's long term development because you are still there sharing the sidelines with him now as opposed to him coaching your dd. So why would our team part ways with our coach or as you stated my DD and stay with FCD and it be somehow better for the team? As you can see in my use of the word "may" that I haven't made any definitive statements about the long term development of the FCD Gold girls. However, I believe that not having to rely so heavily on another player and/or moving away from a coach that they've had for several years "may" be helpful to their long term development. It could be that it "may not" be helpful as well. I believed that it was better for my DD long term development to hear a different voice from the sidelines and was open with her coach over the years on my intention/plans for her and at what age I would be seeking a change regardless of the quality of coaches or status of the team. It didn't have anything to do with the quality of the coach but rather the length of time a player has been with the coach. In my case my DD didn't have to change clubs (as we had began to explore options) because the coach changed and there was a new voice on the sideline.

You seem to know an awful lot about our team, how do you know Gold has Money??... You getting a peak at someone's bank statements or just making an assumption from what people drive? That is funny. It is a reasonable conclusion to draw that if the parents pay soccer fees then they pay it in a form of US currency....thus they have money. I make no presumption of how much money someone has...the total amount is completely irrelevant. The fact is that the parents (some or all of them) are able to pay club dues and that is one of the things that a club cares about. To read anything further into my statement is a feable attempt at deflecting.

You keep bringing up your DD and Hopkins. I haven't ask why you, your DD or Hopkins moved to Solar. I didn't ask because I'm not confused about that. I can make a reasonable and logical argument as to why it makes sense for you, your DD and Hopkins. It is pretty clear why Solar wanted the FCD Gold team. However, I can't make a reasonable / logical argument as to why the rest of the team followed given the talent and the potential for top billing that the other girls will have at FCD instead of Solar unless there is something deceitful that FCD did that I'm missing.

outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 04/06/14, 02:15 pm

Out,

I'm pretty much done with this exchange with you.  Why the rest of the team moved is quite simple, they wanted to stay with their Coach and Solar can offer the same thing that FCD offered and then some. Unless you are still holding on to some personal grudge from 3 years ago and trying to create drama, I'd say you have too much interest in a team that you have absolutely no stake in.  Let it go already and move on, I have.  Just focus on your own team and your DD and hopefully all will be well between the Sting teams come July 1.  Good day.

Last edited by 2ddsinsoccer on 04/06/14, 02:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/06/14, 02:19 pm

herradura wrote:The logic is pretty clear to me -  there is more opportunity with Solar to play at a higher level- or not - 4 teams, 2 age groups. FCD would have most likely put Gold under a different "Premier" Coach and made them all come to Frisco... With the pool of girls Solar has, they can CPP to death at all different levels - everyone keeps their team and coach but have the flexibility to challenge those who need challenging.
I have come to expect much better from you Herradura. Nothing that you typed above holds any water and comes from any logical beginning.

FCD is a major club with multiple teams...even top teams at several age groups to challenge those who need challenging
1. With Gold staying at FCD then FCD has 4 teams (Gold & Premier - '03 D1, Red - '03 D2, Blue - '03 D3) for girls to play and practice against.
2. If the competition amongst '03 FCD team was not stought enough in practice then FCD offers 4 '02 teams to practice against or CPP with (Premier & South Blue - '02 D1, South Red -'02 D2, East - '02 D3)

The argument of Solar offering better practice competition or CPP opportunities doesn't fly...The better practice competition that Solar would offer happens to be on the West side of town or Frisco which leads me to my next counter point.

The only argument I can see is that the Gold team didn't want to move from their practice location and FCD couldn't find or didn't have a coach that was of good quality, willing and able to practice Gold on the East side. I'd find that odd being as though FCD has clubs and coaches on the East side but an argument can be made.

outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 04/06/14, 02:19 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:I'm pretty much done this exchange with you.

+1   cheers
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/14, 02:23 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
herradura wrote:The logic is pretty clear to me -  there is more opportunity with Solar to play at a higher level- or not - 4 teams, 2 age groups. FCD would have most likely put Gold under a different "Premier" Coach and made them all come to Frisco... With the pool of girls Solar has, they can CPP to death at all different levels - everyone keeps their team and coach but have the flexibility to challenge those who need challenging.
 I have come to expect much better from you Herradura.  Nothing that you typed above holds any water and comes from any logical beginning.  

FCD is a major club with multiple teams...even top teams at several age groups to challenge those who need challenging
1.  With Gold staying at FCD then FCD has 4 teams (Gold & Premier - '03 D1, Red - '03 D2, Blue - '03 D3) for girls to play and practice against.
2.  If the competition amongst '03 FCD team was not stought enough in practice then FCD offers 4 '02 teams to practice against or CPP with (Premier & South Blue - '02 D1, South Red -'02 D2, East - '02 D3)

The argument of Solar offering better practice competition or CPP opportunities doesn't fly...The better practice competition that Solar would offer happens to be on the West side of town or Frisco which leads  me to my next counter point.

The only argument I can see is that the Gold team didn't want to move from their practice location and FCD couldn't find or didn't have a coach that was of good quality, willing and able to practice Gold on the East side.  I'd find that odd being as though FCD has clubs and coaches on the East side but an argument can be made.

i tried to resist, i really did. umm tell us what any of this has to do with YOUR daughter?

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/06/14, 02:30 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:Out,

I'm pretty much done with this exchange with you.  Why the rest of the team moved is quite simple, they wanted to stay with their Coach and Solar can offer the same thing that FCD offered and then some. Unless you are still holding on to some personal grudge from 3 years ago and trying to create drama, I'd say you have too much interest in a team that you have absolutely no stake in.  Let it go already and move on, I have.  Just focus on your own team and your DD and hopefully all will be well between the Sting teams come July 1.  Good day.

Good, I didn't expect to get the insight that I was looking for from you. I don't expect to get the insight that I'm looking for from Hopkins nor Solar either. It is the people that seemingly don't have a lot to gain (the rest of the parents & DD) that I'm interested in hearing from. Those are the ones that can provide insight that I can learn from. I don't know any of them so I can't just call them up. However, if you want to PM a few numbers of those parents and alert them that I'm interested in learning from them and will give them a call then I will gladly make that call. Information is.....dare I say, Gold.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 04/06/14, 02:40 pm

I'm thinking....if we were all in a foreign country and were at a restaurant/bar/pub and somehow overheard each other mention North Texas girls soccer....we'd all be instant friends.

At least until the beer is gone ;-)
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/14, 02:42 pm

[quote="outonthelimb"][quote="2ddsinsoccer"]Out,

I'm pretty much done with this exchange with you.  Why the rest of the team moved is quite simple, they wanted to stay with their Coach and Solar can offer the same thing that FCD offered and then some. Unless you are still holding on to some personal grudge from 3 years ago and trying to create drama, I'd say you have too much interest in a team that you have absolutely no stake in.  Let it go already and move on, I have.  Just focus on your own team and your DD and hopefully all will be well between the Sting teams come July 1.  Good day.[/quote]

Good, I didn't expect to get the insight that I was looking for from you.  I don't expect to get the insight that I'm looking for from Hopkins nor Solar either.  It is the people that seemingly don't have a lot to gain (the rest of the parents & DD) that I'm interested in hearing from.  Those are the ones that can provide insight that I can learn from.  I don't know any of them so I can't just call them up.  However, if you want to PM a few numbers of those parents and alert them that I'm interested in learning from them and will give them a call then I will gladly make that call.  Information is.....dare I say, Gold.      [/quote]

you want to call up complete strangers and talk to them about their decisions regarding their 11 year old daughter's soccer?
 Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 04/06/14, 02:43 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
 I have come to expect much better from you Herradura.  Nothing that you typed above holds any water and comes from any logical beginning.  

1.  With Gold staying at FCD then FCD has 4 teams (Gold & Premier - '03 D1, Red - '03 D2, Blue - '03 D3) for girls to play and practice against.
2.  If the competition amongst '03 FCD team was not stought enough in practice then FCD offers 4 '02 teams to practice against or CPP with (Premier & South Blue - '02 D1, South Red -'02 D2, East - '02 D3)

The argument of Solar offering better practice competition or CPP opportunities doesn't fly...The better practice competition that Solar would offer happens to be on the West side of town or Frisco which leads  me to my next counter point.

The only argument I can see is that the Gold team didn't want to move from their practice location and FCD couldn't find or didn't have a coach that was of good quality, willing and able to practice Gold on the East side.  I'd find that odd being as though FCD has clubs and coaches on the East side but an argument can be made.

I predict July 1 will reveal:
2 Solar 02 teams consisting of 02s and 03s
2 Solar 03 teams consisting of 03s and 04s

Im sure your buddy DM can explain the plan to you in its entirety OUT
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 04/06/14, 02:49 pm

herradura wrote:

From what I can tell, in the '03's Solar will have 4 teams, maybe more.

1. Solar Red
2. Former FCD Gold - Solar
3. Solar North - Gold
4. New Solar team in Frisco, likely a PPL team
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 04/06/14, 02:50 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
herradura wrote:

From what I can tell, in the '03's Solar will have 4 teams, maybe more.

1. Solar Red
2. Former FCD Gold - Solar
3. Solar North - Gold
4. New Solar team in Frisco, likely a PPL team

Sorry, 2 Solar D1 teams consisting of 03s and 04s
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 04/06/14, 02:52 pm

Gotcha, because I forgot to mention the FW Solar team...and the new Frisco team is here:

https://www.txsoccer.net/t20680-new-solar-team-mckinney-frisco-plano

In case anyone was wondering. Not everyone's universe is D1 ;-)
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/06/14, 03:27 pm

well the solar team coming over will have to keep 75% of the origional rostered players or they will lose the bye so that team should be mostly set. At most the can have a couple of changes. Now player passes sets that entire group wide open. could be a great thing or could be a big mess but no way you can fault a group for following their coach over.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 04/06/14, 05:20 pm

Why does it matter if they changed clubs and are the number 2 team in the club. ..... they are the number 2 team in D1

By your logic Outonalimb.....why do you stay at the number 2 team at Sting?

My guess is that, this year they will play as 2 separate teams, practice together and then make One heck of an ECNL team

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 04/06/14, 06:35 pm

Question - are all age groups filled with THIS MUCH drama?
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Airwynn 05/06/14, 08:54 am

LOL it's JUNE!!!  flower 
Airwynn
Airwynn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/14, 12:59 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:Question - are all age groups filled with THIS MUCH drama?

My guess would be yes, but I doubt any one group has perpetual drama.  Right now is just the '03s time to shine (although the '01s have some good ECNL/LHGCL bye drama going on).  After July 1st, it will probably calm down and the '04s can have their time in the sun as they "prepare to qualify (Pole Position reference)."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2