North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 23/09/14, 10:55 am

Current Rankings include game results from 5/23/14 through Present Date.

Notes:

1)  There are several teams that are not included in the current rankings because they do not have a minimum of 3 games played against other NTX '05 teams since 5/23/14.  Those teams will get added as fall league play progresses and they reach the 3 game minimum for the prior 16 week period.

2)  Games from the weekend of 5/17-5/18 were removed from the history since the last rankings were posted.  If a team did not move as you would have expected since the last rankings, the difference between games added vs. games dropped is the likely cause.


'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 05_fbr17

Current Inter-Tier Records 
'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 05_int15

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Fancy Pants 23/09/14, 10:59 am

Wow, who is the FCD Premier team? They are making a splash Surprised

Fancy Pants
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2631
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by TatonkaBurger 23/09/14, 11:23 am

Fancy Pants wrote:Wow, who is the FCD Premier team?  They are making a splash Surprised

Just looked at their recent history.  That is a good tie with Solar Abbott but otherwise I'm not impressed.  Sorry.  Those results shouldn't vault them over the 9 teams they just jumped.  There must be a mistake in the latest FBR.  No offense BW.

9/20/2014 STING EAST 05 (GRAY) (TXN) 1-0  W
9/13/2014 SOLAR 05 (ABBOTT) (TXN) 1-1  
9/6/2014   STING NORTH BLUE 05 (GARRETT) (TXN) 1-0  W

Plano Labor Day Invitational XXXIV - Ranked until 9/1/2015
8/31/2014 FEVER UNITED 05 PENN (TXN) 0-1  L
8/31/2014 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 05 GIRLS SHANKLY (TXN) 6-0  W
8/30/2014 STING EAST 05G (GRAY) (TXN) 2-1  W
8/30/2014 NTFC '05G GREEN MARSHALL (TXN) 4-0  W
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Fancy Pants 23/09/14, 11:28 am

Did they used to be another team or a new one? Just curious, I haven't heard of them until now.

Fancy Pants
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2631
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 23/09/14, 11:43 am

No they played boys division in Spring: http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?eventid=36324&FieldID=0&applicationID=2197467&action=Go
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6282
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 23/09/14, 11:58 am

The '05 FBR is admittedly in a bit of flux right now, and it's probably going to take about another 2-3 weeks for everything to flush itself out.

There's a few different factors causing this right now.  There's a bunch of brand new teams entering the rankings, with only a few (i.e. <5 games) under their belts, and this plays a bit of havoc on the Strength of Schedule calculation.  Once we get all of the brand new teams up to at least 3-5 games in their schedules, most of the SoS anomalies will work themselves out.  In addition, you have several teams that, while they have carried over from last Spring, there has been a distinct change in the quality of their results from the Spring to the Fall, some for the better, some for the worse.  Since I still have 2-3 weekends from late May/early June with a large number of tourney games in the history, that split in performance makes the current ranking of some teams appear to be out of whack with the recent results from fall tourney/league play that are fresh in everyone's mind.  Again, as those Spring tourney results drop from the history over the next 2-3 weeks, those teams will level out at a spot in the rankings that is more consistent with their fall results.

If I was doing a personal ranking, 6-16 would probably look quite a bit different from this week's FBR... but, FBR is about trusting the formula, not injecting my own personal opinion.  I've looked through the data, and while I may not fully agree with the current snapshot, I can see why the formula is placing the teams in the current order this week.  I'm confident that over the next couple of weeks, as some of the remaining spring data is purged, and all of the new teams from the fall get closer to having at least 5 games in their history, that things will start to look "better".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 23/09/14, 10:00 pm

What is the biggest surprise, that FC Dallas Premier'ish went up 9 spots or that NTFC and Sting Parson's went down 10 spots?

Can we all agree that you shouldn't call yourself premier, Elite or a dominate color for example 'Black', unless you can actually prove it on the field... just saying...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by scfcgoal 23/09/14, 10:41 pm

Agreed on surprises. I know for a fact that Sting Central Parsons' has played 1 CFBAL U10 Boys Gold game since last FBR, and won that 3-0, yet fell 10. A bit confused on that one.

scfcgoal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 2771
Join date : 2014-03-28

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by PK_M.I.A. 23/09/14, 10:55 pm

scfcgoal wrote:Agreed on surprises.  I know for a fact that Sting Central Parsons' has played 1 CFBAL U10 Boys Gold game since last FBR, and won that 3-0, yet fell 10.  A bit confused on that one.

They have scored 1 goal in 9 games against girls. That's a problem!
PK_M.I.A.
PK_M.I.A.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 71
Points : 2836
Join date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 24/09/14, 05:33 am

scfcgoal wrote:Agreed on surprises.  I know for a fact that Sting Central Parsons' has played 1 CFBAL U10 Boys Gold game since last FBR, and won that 3-0, yet fell 10.  A bit confused on that one.

FBR doesn't include games against boys' teams.

Sting Parsons also had 4 games drop from their history between the last ranking and this one which included 2 wins (one over FCD Premier), a Draw (against NTFC Black), and a loss to Dallas Kicks '06 (who would be ranked roughly around #10 in the current '05 FBR).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by TatonkaBurger 24/09/14, 08:16 am

TXSoccerMommy wrote:Can we all agree that you shouldn't call yourself premier, Elite or a dominate color for example 'Black', unless you can actually prove it on the field...  just saying...

That's just dumb talk.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by otip 24/09/14, 08:33 am

dumb

otip
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2658
Join date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by banana kick 24/09/14, 02:08 pm

TXSoccerMommy wrote:Can we all agree that you shouldn't call yourself premier, Elite or a dominate color for example 'Black', unless you can actually prove it on the field...  just saying...

What would a team need to do to prove itself worthy?
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 178
Points : 3184
Join date : 2013-08-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 24/09/14, 09:38 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:Can we all agree that you shouldn't call yourself premier, Elite or a dominate color for example 'Black', unless you can actually prove it on the field...  just saying...

That's just dumb talk.

Ha the funny thing is I wasn't even talking about your Black/elite/premier/purple or whatever floats your "specialized" team, so be careful, you might just show your true "Color" and expose your team identity.   No

scroll down the list and the not so elite, black and other odd naming schemes will jump out at you...  peace!    jocolor

Speaking of, why don't we have a RASE 05 team yet... I see they have an 07 team now...  Are we skipping a age group or two??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 24/09/14, 09:51 pm

The 07 parents think the black jersey actually does something magical. Haha the 05 and 06 parents don't. Haha

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by thunderlipz 24/09/14, 10:20 pm

TXSoccerMommy wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:Can we all agree that you shouldn't call yourself premier, Elite or a dominate color for example 'Black', unless you can actually prove it on the field...  just saying...

That's just dumb talk.

Ha the funny thing is I wasn't even talking about your Black/elite/premier/purple or whatever floats your "specialized" team, so be careful, you might just show your true "Color" and expose your team identity.   No

scroll down the list and the not so elite, black and other odd naming schemes will jump out at you...  peace!    jocolor

Speaking of, why don't we have a RASE 05 team yet... I see they have an 07 team now...  Are we skipping a age group or two??
Sounds like somebody is upset that their DD isn't a part of one of these teams? Can't fault clubs/coaches for wanting to differentiate themselves with the Norm. Really shouldn't matter either way, it's just a name right? Peace ✌️

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 210
Points : 3877
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/09/14, 08:45 am

thunderlipz wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:Can we all agree that you shouldn't call yourself premier, Elite or a dominate color for example 'Black', unless you can actually prove it on the field...  just saying...

That's just dumb talk.

Ha the funny thing is I wasn't even talking about your Black/elite/premier/purple or whatever floats your "specialized" team, so be careful, you might just show your true "Color" and expose your team identity.   No

scroll down the list and the not so elite, black and other odd naming schemes will jump out at you...  peace!    jocolor

Speaking of, why don't we have a RASE 05 team yet... I see they have an 07 team now...  Are we skipping a age group or two??

Sounds like somebody is upset that their DD isn't a part of one of these teams? Can't fault clubs/coaches for wanting to differentiate themselves with the Norm. Really shouldn't matter either way, it's just a name right? Peace ✌️

TSM should probably keep her smug "dominate" color ranking system to herself... just saying...
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by boilerjoe_96 25/09/14, 08:50 am

Borussia wrote:The 07 parents think the black jersey actually does something magical. Haha the 05 and 06 parents don't. Haha

No black jersey's...  Still trying to find those magical headbands first! Laughing
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 646
Points : 4208
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/09/14, 09:01 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
Borussia wrote:The 07 parents think the black jersey actually does something magical. Haha the 05 and 06 parents don't. Haha

No black jersey's...  Still trying to find those magical headbands first! Laughing

All the Red, Gold, Blue, Navy, Royal, and White (etc.) teams are all crying on their waffles right now.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Puck78 25/09/14, 09:44 am

So I guess a soccer mum shouldn't claim she's on a diet when Her waist can't prove it?...just saying,.what?

Applauds...great episode!

Puck78
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 2634
Join date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by AKeepersMomma 25/09/14, 02:17 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:
Borussia wrote:The 07 parents think the black jersey actually does something magical. Haha the 05 and 06 parents don't. Haha

No black jersey's...  Still trying to find those magical headbands first! Laughing

All the Red, Gold, Blue, Navy, Royal, and White (etc.) teams are all crying on their waffles right now.

HA HAA HAAAAA That made me laugh!! Crying on their waffles !!! I am totally stealing that.

__________________________________________________
For the Love of the Game
AKeepersMomma
AKeepersMomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 87
Points : 2937
Join date : 2014-01-30
Location : Dallas, TX

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Academydad05 29/09/14, 10:12 pm

Bwgophers do you include sdl scores in your rankings? I saw you ask a few weeks ago and someone sent them so was curious if those results are counted in your rankings.

Academydad05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 2621
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Guest 29/09/14, 11:29 pm

Academydad05 wrote:Bwgophers do you include sdl scores in your rankings?  I saw you ask a few weeks ago and someone sent them so was curious if those results are counted in your rankings.

If someone can get the scores to me, I'd be happy to include the SDL teams in the FBR.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Academydad05 30/09/14, 12:04 am

Ok. I will try and locate all and get to you soon.

Academydad05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 2621
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

'05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14 Empty Re: '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 09-23-14

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum