North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

OK - What tournaments are teams doing? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

OK - What tournaments are teams doing?

Go down

OK - What tournaments are teams doing? Empty OK - What tournaments are teams doing?

Post by InaB 20/11/14, 08:30 am

Dad is right. We are getting very lazy on our board. Peeps, lets start a conversation here. What tournaments are teams playing in during the long break until spring games start? Anyone in the Texas Cup? Turkey Shoot? Give it up - which tourneys are you doing?

Also, which tournaments do you consider good ones?

Which tournaments are to be avoided at all costs?

Which showcase tournaments are you looking at?

geek
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

OK - What tournaments are teams doing? Empty Re: OK - What tournaments are teams doing?

Post by textigerfan 20/11/14, 08:33 am

FWFC in Texas Cup Showcase. Don't know after that...need to heal up.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

OK - What tournaments are teams doing? Empty Re: OK - What tournaments are teams doing?

Post by Guest 20/11/14, 08:57 am

Fever- Dallas Texan's Waterfall Festival this weekend. We've transitioned out of snowshoes and ice skates and have been practicing with jet ski's all week. We're gonna guest play a Fountain 39 with twin big blocks.

MLK weekend- Las Vegas, gonna start ramping up the desert warfare training soon. Anybody know where we can pick up a few low mileage camels, an M-RAP and a couple of Humvee's?

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 20/11/14, 10:21 am

Would love to do the MLK Vegas tournament. Not sure my motivation is soccer related...just a reason to go.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 20/11/14, 12:59 pm

Hey Outlaw, you might check on that new service at the airport where you get to park free as long as you allow them to rent out your car. I bet you could grab a couple and drive to Vegas! Razz
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/11/14, 12:32 pm

InaB wrote:Dad is right. We are getting very lazy on our board. Peeps, lets start a conversation here.  What tournaments are teams playing in during the long break until spring games start?  Anyone in the Texas Cup? Turkey Shoot? Give it up - which tourneys are you doing?

Also, which tournaments do you consider good ones?

Which tournaments are to be avoided at all costs?

Which showcase tournaments are you looking at?

geek
Solar Gold will be in Tulsa for Sam Shannon Showcase this weekend. After that, we are looking at some local and some travel. We are watching the weather because it could be pretty wet...hopefully not COLD AND WET-last weekend the weather was awful.

We have had some good and some bad experiences at local tourneys. Our experience at the NTFC (Aces) tournaments was always good (Thanks Dom). We have also had good experiences at the GLASA tourneys (Thanks Mike). The DIGC was cool. Quite a few of the others were hit and miss for various issues: scheduling, strength of opponents (higher and lower), fields used, etc.

One thing that I have discovered is that tournaments are hardest for a "tweener" team. If you are in D1, you go into the top bracket, no questions asked...If you are in mid-PPL, you wind up in a low bracket...or perhaps wind up fodder for the D1 teams depending on the size of the tourney. The tough seat is top of PPL through the bottom of D2. If you win, you "surprised" someone, and if you lose, you "aren't as good as you thought," but little respect either way...and as the bottleneck to promotion nears, you wind up constantly battling teams in your same situation...NTFC, FWFC, Fever, Sporting, others from middle of PPL1 up, and from mid-D2 down...Seems like we ALWAYS played SWW, Texas Lightning, and FWFC for a while...then it was FCDP, FCDE, and Sting Ferretti in EVERY tournament.

One of the reasons we are going to Tulsa is to play teams we haven't played...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 21/11/14, 12:49 pm

Understand that Dad, luckily we play all South Texas teams next week in Texas Cup Showcase. We may get torched, but at least it is different scenery. Good luck in OK.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 21/11/14, 12:56 pm

Yeah, scheduling seems to lack creativity at times and when you're an "upstart" entered in a big club sponsored tourney they seem to wanna jam you up a bit..gotta protect the brand I guess.. Wink

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/11/14, 12:57 pm

Hi Dad, I can understand your thinking on the Oklahoma tournament. Sometimes around North Texas, it is a bit like playing against a family member. You each know what you bring to the table. So, the only advantage you can bring to your team are some really good guest players. The only other differentiator is missing players. (I am not even going to discuss refs!)

It is good to see how you fare against teams from the outside world. I wish we had more teams from outside NT play in local tournaments. There are some local ones right now that barely have enough local teams playing. I have to wonder if local tournament directors think to promote their tournaments in nearby states or other Texas areas rather than just depending on local entrants. Cool
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerdad 21/11/14, 01:24 pm

Traveling out of state does not guarantee seeing new competition. You will see OK brackets loaded with TXN teams. It is just the luck of the draw.
tigerdad
tigerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/11/14, 03:45 pm

Argh! So there aren't even Oklahoma teams playing in Oklahoma? Oh, the horror! Razz
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/14, 04:12 pm

Getting ready for the big game. Had the daughter chanting the family motto all afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 25/11/14, 02:54 pm

Not that most (if any) care, but I am bored, so I will give a report from Oklahoma on the Sam Shannon...completely unbiased of course...

All the teams we played were TUSC teams-ranked 2, 5, and 6 in Oklahoma according to GotSoccer rankings, so I will call them by their moniker for designation...

TUSC Willis was their third team, now ranked #6...We played them first on Saturday and it was wet and cold. The wind was blowing and maybe 40-45 degrees. They would be an equivalent team to mid D2-D3 in LH. They were relatively physical. We beat them 2-0. It was pretty clear we were the better team, and it seems like both teams were waiting for them to make a mistake so that we could capitalize. They didn't have many attempts on goal, and with about 15 minutes left, it seemed like both teams were waiting for the whistle so that we could go get warm and dry out of the umbrella destroying gusts of cold rain.

TUSC Richardson was their #2 team, ranked #5 (they play PL with the top LH teams-(they are #10 of 11 teams-lost to all 4 NTX teams in PL this year)...the entire middle of the field from box to box and wider than the center circle was either slick mud or sticky puddles (it alternated whether the ball stuck or skipped-always the one you didn't want...). It deteriorated as the game progressed and the rain and cold became more prominent. They had one really good chance at our goal, and we had a several on theirs. Had we played in decent conditions, on a larger field (it was probably 110 x 60-very small compared to what we see), I feel like we would have been a goal or two better than them. Again, quite physical, but pretty well officiated-nothing egregious. It ended 0-0.

TUSC Umelo was their top team in the tourney. They are ranked #2 in OK, and #6 in PL (lost 1-0 to Pulp and Andro and beat Brown 1-0 and Flanagan 6-0) and clearly the best team we played. The field was surprisingly very good. The middle was a little torn up, but not a difference maker. They are fast to the ball and physical, and IMO, they were a little better than us early. We had to adjust to their speed, but it was a pretty even match overall. They had some nice chances, but we also had some. The difference in the match was one play...They took a shot from the middle-left of the top of the box. It hit the crossbar and bounced straight down. Our GK nonchalantly grabbed it...players from both teams started prepping for the punt...the linesman stood in line with the ball making NO motion with her flag. As the ball hit the ground off the punt, the ref blew the whistle and awarded a goal. He made the call from about 40 yards out, approximately halfway between the center circle and the arc at the top of the box...it shocked BOTH teams, and he actually had to blow the whistle several times to stop the girls from playing. The game ended 1-0. I am not sure how the score reflects a 2-1 game...I didn't start drinking until much later and I only saw the one disputed goal...of course, I did amuse myself by shouting "GOAL" every time the ball went out of play after that, so perhaps I confused the ref...Of course if that starts to work, I will employ it regularly...

In the grand scheme it doesn't matter. We got to play 3 new teams. We weren't trophy hunting (it was a showcase). It was just a frustrating end to a game that shouldn't have been decided by the ref. Overall, we got our games in, and though we played the hosts in three games (and there might have been a little home cooking), it was no more than what you see in a local tourney (other than the disputed goal). It sounds like it went a little better than the tourneys here with cancellations etc. I apologize for reporting that to those of you who don't really care, but just like yelling "GOAL" on any change of possession, I am mainly doing this to amuse myself...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 25/11/14, 06:07 pm

Did you have to watch a bunch of flopping? I'm really only asking that to amuse myself..haha. Oh, way to represent in Tulsa.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 25/11/14, 08:03 pm

KnKsDad wrote:Did you have to watch a bunch of flopping? I'm really only asking that to amuse myself..haha.  Oh, way to represent in Tulsa.

Didn't see much flopping, but it was cold and wet, so any flopping would have been 1) lost on the refs there, and 2) resulted in a wetter uniform for the rest of the game...there were rumors of diving, but I think that since the rain was under 2", it must have been isolated to the Tulsa Aquarium...which is pretty cool... But then I don't usually see much flopping in the games I watch. With the rain here, and the tournament status, you may have seen more flopping...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 26/11/14, 01:02 pm

dadof3 wrote:Not that most (if any) care, but I am bored, so I will give a report from Oklahoma on the Sam Shannon...completely unbiased of course...

Nice report Dad, wondered how y'all did.  We (TXL) played the same times so never got a chance to hear or see how your grils did. To expand and add my .02.... Overall, I would say it was a well run tournament/showcase. To say there was some home cooking would be on par. It was a challenge at times but like you said, no different when we are at home. For us, we went in just wanting to see how we'd stack up against the OK teams.  Glad we played them but our team really shouldnt have been in the top bracket. I think they used GotSoccer rankings only which is misleading. Not trying to take away from our team, our girls have really improved and have been extremely competitive in API but think it would have been more appropriate for them to be in the second bracket instead. Plus we were down a few due to flu and another commitment but with that all said, they pushed through well. Proud of them for that.

All the teams we played were TUSC teams-ranked 2, 5, and 6 in Oklahoma according to GotSoccer rankings, so I will call them by their moniker for designation...

TUSC Willis was their third team, now ranked #6...We played them first on Saturday and it was wet and cold.  The wind was blowing and maybe 40-45 degrees.  They would be an equivalent team to mid D2-D3 in LH.  They were relatively physical.  We beat them 2-0.  It was pretty clear we were the better team, and it seems like both teams were waiting for them to make a mistake so that we could capitalize.  They didn't have many attempts on goal, and with about 15 minutes left, it seemed like both teams were waiting for the whistle so that we could go get warm and dry out of the umbrella destroying gusts of cold rain.

TUSC Richardson was their #2 team, ranked #5 (they play PL with the top LH teams-(they are #10 of 11 teams-lost to all 4 NTX teams in PL this year)...the entire middle of the field from box to box and wider than the center circle was either slick mud or sticky puddles (it alternated whether the ball stuck or skipped-always the one you didn't want...).  It deteriorated as the game progressed and the rain and cold became more prominent.  They had one really good chance at our goal, and we had a several on theirs.  Had we played in decent conditions, on a larger field (it was probably 110 x 60-very small compared to what we see), I feel like we would have been a goal or two better than them.  Again, quite physical, but pretty well officiated-nothing egregious.  It ended 0-0.
We played them first. We were very slow out of the gate and they took advantage of it being up 2-0 at the half. We came out much stronger in the second half and we had twice as many SOG but only one connected where the couple they had connected. Despite the score, it was a much tighter game. I do recall the wind and rain being a big factor in this one. Miserable!! Almost forgot, the CR for this game and I will quote from many of our players, "that ref was high on something!" lol  He called one of the girls on the opposing team "stupid". And when someone would complain about a call/non-call, he'd tell them he'd get back to them after he saw the replay! He was an odd one!

TUSC Umelo was their top team in the tourney.  They are ranked #2 in OK, and #6 in PL (lost 1-0 to Pulp and Andro and beat Brown 1-0 and Flanagan 6-0) and clearly the best team we played.  The field was surprisingly very good.  The middle was a little torn up, but not a difference maker.  They are fast to the ball and physical, and IMO, they were a little better than us early.  We had to adjust to their speed, but it was a pretty even match overall.  They had some nice chances, but we also had some.  The difference in the match was one play...They took a shot from the middle-left of the top of the box.  It hit the crossbar and bounced straight down.  Our GK nonchalantly grabbed it...players from both teams started prepping for the punt...the linesman stood in line with the ball making NO motion with her flag.  As the ball hit the ground off the punt, the ref blew the whistle and awarded a goal.  He made the call from about 40 yards out, approximately halfway between the center circle and the arc at the top of the box...it shocked BOTH teams, and he actually had to blow the whistle several times to stop the girls from playing.  The game ended 1-0.  I am not sure how the score reflects a 2-1 game...I didn't start drinking until much later and I only saw the one disputed goal...of course, I did amuse myself by shouting "GOAL" every time the ball went out of play after that, so perhaps I confused the ref...Of course if that starts to work, I will employ it regularly...

We played this team second.  They came to play and we did not. They were definitely the faster and more physical of the three TSC teams from what we saw.  Same CR as the first game and we never understood what he was seeing in some of his calls but it was what it was. And same here...the final score was not correct, and I wasn't drinking either. Though I was I had!  We played on field 5 for this game too and it was downpouring! They called the game a few minutes early.
In the grand scheme it doesn't matter.  We got to play 3 new teams.  We weren't trophy hunting (it was a showcase).  It was just a frustrating end to a game that shouldn't have been decided by the ref.  Overall, we got our games in, and though we played the hosts in three games (and there might have been a little home cooking), it was no more than what you see in a local tourney (other than the disputed goal).  It sounds like it went a little better than the tourneys here with cancellations etc.  I apologize for reporting that to those of you who don't really care, but just like yelling "GOAL" on any change of possession, I am mainly doing this to amuse myself...

We were glad to have played all three games but as bad as the weather and field conditions were it was debatable. Agree with your comment about it didnt matter in grand scheme of things.  It was a experience for our girls to gain from (whether it was bad or good) and will help them going forward.  I did find it interesting the hear from a TSC Willis parent that they had been practicing rain or shine 3x a week just for that showcase. The TSC goal was to take the top 3.  They said when they come to Plano (PLD) and others NTX tourneys they never win so they really wanted to make sure they won on home turf.  As they should have wanted to.
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 26/11/14, 01:09 pm

I somehow missed putting in the Willis game commentary.  We played them last and on field 5 again. Nice to see the sun out but the field was literally all mud, couldnt see much grass. And the CR comment I put in for Richardson was actually this game. That guy was a nut case. The CR for Richardson was the same one we had for Umelo.  Many non-calls (hand ball in the box the AR called but the CR waived off) that were frustrating.  We played Willis pretty tight. Though it was a tie 3-3, without being biased we really outplayed them most of the game. Again we had some missed SOG opportunities.
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 26/11/14, 03:09 pm

Good to see you back on the board Mom!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 26/11/14, 05:30 pm

textigerfan wrote:Understand that Dad, luckily we play all South Texas teams next week in Texas Cup Showcase.  We may get torched, but at least it is different scenery.  Good luck in OK.

FC White will be fine, but with those STX teams, expect every 50-50 ball to be a collision. Hate to say it outloud and sound rowdy, but I've found it best to send those teams a message early or it just get worse as the match goes on.

Good Luck to all this weekend!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down