North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'00 LHGCL End of Season Prediction Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'00 LHGCL End of Season Prediction

Go down

'00 LHGCL End of Season Prediction Empty '00 LHGCL End of Season Prediction

Post by Packrabbit 19/04/15, 02:44 pm

Inquiring minds want to know...
1. Who are the 2 top 2 teams in each division?
2. Who will be each division's champion?
3. Who will be relegated (although I prefer to talk about promotion)?
4. How did Club Sting's extensive weekly use of CPP this season (Parker, Ferretti--3 CPP each last weekend) affect standings in each division?

Another factor (did anyone else notice) to consider in our calculations,  is that almost all of the Club Sting's D1 & D2 teams had the least amount of matches played going into last weekend... Hence more matches available for CPP going down the stretch.

Team Name..............MP---W-L-D --Pts---To play
1) SOLAR Elite..........12.... 8-1-3 ---27--Andro, Club sting (Parker)
2) CLUB STING.........10.... 8-0-2 ---26--FC-B, Garr, Solar-P, Flanny
3) ANDROMEDA FC....11.....7-3-1 ---22--solar-pulp, flanny, Solar G
4) FC DALLAS Blue....12.....3-5-4  --13-- Parker, Flanny
5) CLUB STING..........10 ...3-4-3 ---12-- brown, Andro, FC-B, Parker

Prediction:
1-Club Sting: 33 pts
2-Solar Elite: 31 pts
3-Andro: 29 pts

Team Name ......MP ---W-L-D --Pts--to play
1) SOLAR GOLD 15 ....12-1-2 ..38--west, stang's, DTFW
2) MUSTANGS...15 ......9-2-4 ..31--FCE, SG, Aztec
3) DTN.............15 ......8-6-1 ..25--DTFW, FCP, west
4) AZTECS FC ..14 ......7-4-3 ..24--feet, west, FCE, stang's
5) CLUB STING 13 ......6-3-4 ..22-- DTFW, SG, Aztecs, Ferretti, DTN
6) CLUB STING 15 ......6-6-3  ..21-- west, feet

Prediction:
1-SG:   42 pts
2-Mustangs: 37 pts
3-Club Sting (west): 33 pts.  Too many CPP matches left.
4-DTN: 30 pts
5-Aztecs: 28 pts

Team Name .......MP --W-L-D --Pts--to play
1) FW WHITE .....15 ...12-2-1 ...37--fever, gunners, Keegan
2) FEVER............16 ...11-4-1 ...34--FW-White, Meja-N
3) SPORTING......16 ....8-4-4  ...28--Keegan, gunners
4) M'STANGS......16 ....8-5-3 ....27--royal, flash
5) GUNNERS.......15 ....8-7-0 ...24-- FW-white, flash, sporting red
6) CLUB STING...16 ....7-6-3 ... 24-- stang's, Bruno

Predictions:
1-FW-White: 41 pts
2-Fever: 38 pts
3-Red: 32 pts
4-stang's: 31 pts
5-Gunners: 31 pts
6. Royal: 28 pts

Keeper those players healthy!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'00 LHGCL End of Season Prediction Empty Re: '00 LHGCL End of Season Prediction

Post by textigerfan 20/04/15, 07:42 am

Hey Pack, us D3 folks may just not be in the know. But, how often do the D1 and D2 Sting clubs use CPP? If a lot, does everyone get a trophy/T-Shirt at the end?
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 20/04/15, 09:15 am

I think Sting p is a lock for d1 and I believe solar gold with the schedule they have remaining will hold on. I am not sure about Stings CPP usage. I do know ferretti uses them even again other sting teams which I find pretty funny! We played them 2 times and I think they had 5 ringers.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/04/15, 11:52 am

That's a good question--  Shocked do only the players who are on the roster get the champion trophy, or all of those involved during the season??

Its pretty evident the Club Sting has been habitually abusing CPP for the 2nd half of last Fall and this spring and is responsible for the vast majority of ALL '00 CPP players used this season.

Last Fall, the LH board was lambasted here (probably unfairly as well as counter-productively) for writing the rule. I think what we all failed to recognize is that if you take Club Sting out of the CPP equation, 90% of '00 abuse goes away and it's almost a non-issue.

IMO, the LH Board left the cash register unlocked, but someone still had to open it and steal the goodies. Yes, the cashier should be criticized, but not arrested for the missing cash and how the money was spent.

So is everyone so puckered-up and scared too give their own final rankings?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/15, 01:16 pm

I love this rule. Mayweather has now CPP'd Klitschko for his fight with Pacquiao. Pacquiao countered by CPPing a claymore mine. Experts are predicting a 98% casualty rate for all those seated behind Mayweather's corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 20/04/15, 02:22 pm

I'll go out on a limb, all of Wednesday's games will be rescheduled to end of season due to rain. Other than that, I really do not have much to add to Pack's assessment with regards to standings.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 20/04/15, 05:09 pm

Dear HavingFun and Pack,

I can say from my perspective that my DD played up to help Ferretti due to major injuries on that team (which happened, unfortunately on both his teams) as did two of her team mates. So if you want to consider DIII players ringers then I guess you are right. Both teams suffered heavy casualties during the fall (my DD included).

I honestly couldn't believe that both teams suffered so many injuries. If you had seen the bench you would know that there weren't piles of players sitting there. And you would have known that at least three of the players were not fresh off of an ECNL (or Barcelona) bench.

While I totally agree that clubs who use CPP just to bring up an average is not what the rule was meant for, I also think that the way Ferretti used CPP was within the spirit of the law (so to speak).

I have been hesitant to step into the fray here because everyone likes to take pot shots and point fingers, but I feel compelled to explain. I know that we haven't had much to talk about for a couple of months, so I understand the dust up (it brings everyone out).

But if you want to know exactly what has taken place then send me a private message and I will be happy to explain further.

I hope that LH either changes the rule to where only players from a lower division can be used as CPP or that it does away with it entirely for next year. I am quite sure we can find some other topic to beat into non-existence easily enough. Very Happy

Best regards (as always)
Inab
Cool
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/04/15, 07:37 pm

InaB wrote:
Dear HavingFun and Pack,

I can say from my perspective that my DD played up to help Ferretti due to major injuries on that team (which happened, unfortunately on both his teams) as did two of her team mates. So if you want to consider DIII players ringers then I guess you are right. Both teams suffered heavy casualties during the fall (my DD included).

I honestly couldn't believe that both teams suffered so many injuries. If you had seen the bench you would know that there weren't piles of players sitting there. And you would have known that at least three of the players were not fresh off of an ECNL (or Barcelona) bench.
1st, let me be very clear on this point: InaB, since you bring me cocktails in a bikini at halftime,  I wouldn't care if your team brought in the Green Bay Packers.

I've heard a lot about the injury bug from the "upper level" teams... Geez, to hear Club Sting tell it, they only got 20 healthy kids in D1 and D2... Seriously, unlike your situation, one, two or three injured girls on a roster should not justify calling  out starters from other on or above level teams. Perhaps, had those girls just been restricted to just playing for the teams they joined, their affliction would not been so severe.

11, 12 players for multiple matches is an emergency; 15, 16 available players is not.

InaB wrote:While I totally agree that clubs who use CPP just to bring up an average is not what the rule was meant for, I also think that the way Ferretti used CPP was within the spirit of the law (so to speak).

I have been hesitant to step into the fray here because everyone likes to take pot shots and point fingers, but I feel compelled to explain. I know that we haven't had much to talk about for a couple of months, so I understand the dust up (it brings everyone out).

Unfortunately, you arent the alone-- a lot of sting parents are unhappy with the way Club Sting is abusing the rule. I really think it's important they find a way to address this issue. Good players from lower level teams should have a way to move up the club ladder.

InaB wrote:
But if you want to know exactly what has taken place then send me a private message and I will be happy to explain further.
Not necessary- the bikini and cocktail was good enough for me!

InaB wrote:I hope that LH either changes the rule to where only players from a lower division can be used as CPP or that it does away with it entirely for next year. I am quite sure we can find some other topic to beat into non-existence easily enough. Very Happy

Best regards (as always)
Inab
Cool  
Agreed.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 21/04/15, 08:02 am

Inab you might be correct about lower levels for some of the players I cant tell you where they came from but they had at least 3 CPP players and 16 total. The CPP played more then the actual kids rostered. In the end it is only to win period. We have played many games with 13 or 14.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/04/15, 09:16 am

Hi Having, I can only speak to the games my DD played in, and in those, the team numbers were 13, 14, and 13. Also, our CPP players played 15-20 minutes each half and none of them started. But, hopefully next year either the rule will have been changed or removed entirely so there won't be any doubt about it at all. Cheers Cool
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 21/04/15, 09:19 am

Cool thanks for the insight inab

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/04/15, 11:33 am

You are most welcome Having! Now then, what are the bets on games making tomorrow night? I drove to Dallas this morning in and out of heavy showers and lightning - under a forecast of 20% showers. What does that say about the 50% showers showing for tomorrow? (Yikes! Shocked )
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down