North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Lakedad 20/07/15, 03:41 pm

From LH:

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 14d93410

Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by unknowingmom 20/07/15, 03:56 pm

We know the brackets the qustion is what numbers go in the brackets and u and keeper 05 have different ideas. Me myself i think keeper05s look better otherwise with yours 25 and 26 have less of a chance to make it to next week since they have to play both top teams. I would think they would reserve that for 45 and 46
unknowingmom
unknowingmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2363
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Guest 20/07/15, 04:25 pm

It's 25 & 26 in brackets A & B. Their reward for having to play both #1 & #2 in week 1 is that they are guaranteed a spot in week 2.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by unknowingmom 20/07/15, 04:37 pm

Is that official
unknowingmom
unknowingmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2363
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Guest 20/07/15, 04:41 pm

I've learned that nothing is official with LHGCL until it is published, but I got that information from what I consider to be a highly reliable source, and the format description published today is consistent with what I was told.

LHGCL was tossing around some other potential crossover options, but this was deemed the most fair and palatable.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Dec2020 20/07/15, 04:42 pm

Is playing in bracket A or B worth the consolation award? Can't decide if it's a good thing or not.

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 2516
Join date : 2015-01-16

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by SD69 20/07/15, 04:49 pm

IDK, has the third seed ever won their bracket. If not then I would say it is worth the consolation award.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4723
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by SJP 20/07/15, 04:49 pm

Dec2020 wrote:Is playing in bracket A or B worth the consolation award? Can't decide if it's a good thing or not.

If you're 25 or 26, realistically, you're not likely qualifying week one anyway. If the stars are all in alignment, and the ball bounces your way, great you're in. But if that doesn't happen and you're "guaranteed" a spot next week, where half of the returning teams have a shot, yeah...I like my chances...

SJP
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 2815
Join date : 2014-02-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by unknowingmom 20/07/15, 05:29 pm

Ok now i got it since the bottom 2 4th place teams are being eliminated and division A and B dont have 4 teams they all go to week 2. That makes sense why didn't yall say that in the first place.
unknowingmom
unknowingmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2363
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Dumbdumb 20/07/15, 06:52 pm

I would have to say that this won't stick with LH on them using the fbr. Who wants to bet some Ruth chris on this fact? Not how two teams don't win a game and would still be in top 20.

Dumbdumb
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2304
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Guest 20/07/15, 07:47 pm

Dumbdumb wrote:I would have to say that this won't stick with LH on them using the fbr.  Who wants to bet some Ruth chris on this fact?  Not how two teams don't win a game and would still be in top 20.

My prediction is that seeds 1-10 will be pretty close to FBR, but there's going to be at least a couple fairly large discrepancies in 11-25 this year.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by SuperKarateChop 20/07/15, 07:52 pm

Ah yes.... those rankings are starting to reflect the inability to pull in guest players anymore.

SuperKarateChop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 2465
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by douchebag 20/07/15, 08:27 pm

Here is my rankings based on standings and leagues and number of leagues played in. So if you played in two leagues at the highest level, you auto rank up. Example, a team plays in Gold and Platinum vs a team that played just in Platinum would rank higher. Just my view from numbers I see. I really think it should only be calculated on points from June and July this time around due to the mother nature season we had this past Spring.

Again, just a math game in these standings.

1. LFCA Elite
2. Texans South
3. FWFC White
4. Sting Black
5. D’Feeters
6. Solar Red
7. Rush
8. FCD Elite
9. FCD Premier
10. Solar East
11. Sting North Blue
12. Sting Central Sanchez
13. Sting West West
14. Sting East
15. Sting Central Parsons
16. Fever Penn
17. Texans 05
18. Mustangs
19. Sting Dallas Blue
20. Athletic Dallas
21. NTFC Black
22. LFCA Shankly
23. Dallas Kicks
24. FCD White
25. LFCA Fowler
26. Sting Shepard
27. FCD Blue
28. Texans Red
29. Andromeda Red
30. FCD North White
31. NTFC Green
32. Andromeda 05
33. LFCA McManaman
34. Arsenal
35. Texans South Lott
36. FCD East
37. FCD North Blue
38. FCD North Red
39. Sao Paolo FC
40. FCD North Black
41. FC Divas Victoria
42. Andromeda West
43. Sting West Bean
44. Celtic McCall
45. Warriors
46. Andromeda Blue

douchebag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 2344
Join date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by PurplePonyPower 20/07/15, 08:34 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about being #1. Last year's 04 #1 blew up this summer. It's really no big deal.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 2904
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Dumbdumb 20/07/15, 08:39 pm

That looks pretty close on how I would do it??? What are you thinking? Did you see any results from this weekend? How many teams played with guest players? True results were this weekend of all weekends.

Dumbdumb
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2304
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Dumbdumb 20/07/15, 08:43 pm

Bwgophers I appreciate your work and think your right. 1-10 is pretty locked. 11-25 will have drastic movement. I can appreciate you honesty on it.

Dumbdumb
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2304
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Looking04 20/07/15, 09:08 pm

douchebag wrote:Here is my rankings based on standings and leagues and number of leagues played in. So if you played in two leagues at the highest level, you auto rank up. Example, a team plays in Gold and Platinum vs a team that played just in Platinum would rank higher. Just my view from numbers I see. I really think it should only be calculated on points from June and July this time around due to the mother nature season we had this past Spring.

Again, just a math game in these standings.

1. LFCA Elite
2. Texans South
3. FWFC White
4. Sting Black
5. D’Feeters
6. Solar Red
7. Rush
8. FCD Elite
9. FCD Premier
10. Solar East
11. Sting North Blue
12. Sting Central Sanchez
13. Sting West West
14. Sting East
15. Sting Central Parsons
16. Fever Penn
17. Texans 05
18. Mustangs
19. Sting Dallas Blue
20. Athletic Dallas
21. NTFC Black
22. LFCA Shankly
23. Dallas Kicks
24. FCD White
25. LFCA Fowler
26. Sting Shepard
27. FCD Blue
28. Texans Red
29. Andromeda Red
30. FCD North White
31. NTFC Green
32. Andromeda 05
33. LFCA McManaman
34. Arsenal
35. Texans South Lott
36. FCD East
37. FCD North Blue
38. FCD North Red
39. Sao Paolo FC
40. FCD North Black
41. FC Divas Victoria
42. Andromeda West
43. Sting West Bean
44. Celtic McCall
45. Warriors
46. Andromeda Blue


So, what you are saying is if you played in the highest league last year, and got the snot kicked out of you every weekend, you "level up" for that?  That is the same logic that some idiot coach would use to place his team in the highest league - just so people like you will say "he must be good playing in that league".  Never mind the fact that his team got it handed to them every weekend, and they didn't win their Tut bracket against teams well below them in your above ranking.  But hey, they played in the highest league.

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2641
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Guest 20/07/15, 09:11 pm

Dumbdumb wrote:Bwgophers I appreciate your work and think your right.  1-10 is pretty locked.   11-25 will have drastic movement.   I can appreciate you honesty on it.

Don't know if I agree on "drastic" movement. I think 11-15 are the correct group of teams, but I'd be surprised if both NTFC Black and Sting North Blue get #1 bracket seeds. If I had to put my own money on it, I'd say Sting East and Fever would get the 11/12 seeds (not necessarily in that order).

Based on TuT results, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sting Parsons a few spots lower than FBR, and Sting Dallas Blue and FCD North White both with top 20 seeds (although my gut tells me that one or both of Sting Dallas Blue and FCD NW will NOT make D1). Beyond that, I don't see too much "drastic" difference.

Athletic is one that is interesting to me. They were a pretty strong team all Spring, but definitely stumbled in TuT. However, LHGCL has some recent history with independents getting seeded higher than most expected. It wouldn't shock me to see them seeded in the top 20.

My guess is that you'll see several seeding differences of 2-3 spots between LHGCL/FBR in 11-25, with 2-3 teams having seeding differences >5 spots. Once you get past 25, I think the seeding will be fairly consistent again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by douchebag 20/07/15, 09:20 pm

jibjab2 wrote:
douchebag wrote:Here is my rankings based on standings and leagues and number of leagues played in. So if you played in two leagues at the highest level, you auto rank up. Example, a team plays in Gold and Platinum vs a team that played just in Platinum would rank higher. Just my view from numbers I see. I really think it should only be calculated on points from June and July this time around due to the mother nature season we had this past Spring.

Again, just a math game in these standings.

1. LFCA Elite
2. Texans South
3. FWFC White
4. Sting Black
5. D’Feeters
6. Solar Red
7. Rush
8. FCD Elite
9. FCD Premier
10. Solar East
11. Sting North Blue
12. Sting Central Sanchez
13. Sting West West
14. Sting East
15. Sting Central Parsons
16. Fever Penn
17. Texans 05
18. Mustangs
19. Sting Dallas Blue
20. Athletic Dallas
21. NTFC Black
22. LFCA Shankly
23. Dallas Kicks
24. FCD White
25. LFCA Fowler
26. Sting Shepard
27. FCD Blue
28. Texans Red
29. Andromeda Red
30. FCD North White
31. NTFC Green
32. Andromeda 05
33. LFCA McManaman
34. Arsenal
35. Texans South Lott
36. FCD East
37. FCD North Blue
38. FCD North Red
39. Sao Paolo FC
40. FCD North Black
41. FC Divas Victoria
42. Andromeda West
43. Sting West Bean
44. Celtic McCall
45. Warriors
46. Andromeda Blue


So, what you are saying is if you played in the highest league last year, and got the snot kicked out of you every weekend, you "level up" for that?  That is the same logic that some idiot coach would use to place his team in the highest league - just so people like you will say "he must be good playing in that league".  Never mind the fact that his team got it handed to them every weekend, and they didn't win their Tut bracket against teams well below them in your above ranking.  But hey, they played in the highest league.

JibJab2, are you pissed off or feel like you are getting it on you? My number one DoucheBag Fan!!! Where is your other Ant Army Buddies. I am sure they are not far behind my love. This is nothing against Gopher, he understands where I am coming from. It is only numbers you moron as I stated. Why so serious! The Spring Season was nothing but canceled games and tournaments, but maybe you were too busy carrying around all of those medals around your neck your kid won. People like you make this miserable for everyone. Thank God my girl graduated two years ago. I thought the boys side was bad, bunch of cry baby dads living the dream through their kids. Get a life JibJab2. Here is your medal if your ego can hold it up. flower

douchebag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 2344
Join date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Looking04 20/07/15, 09:31 pm

Oh, nothing against gopher - he does a fantastic job.  Just those coaches who think that they will get some "love" from people like you for playing in a "premier league" and getting the $hit kicked out of them every weekend, instead of playing them in a league where they could really develop.

So maybe instead of giving a coach an auto rank up for bad judgement or incompetence, maybe he should get called out for just playing the ranking game.

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2641
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Dumbdumb 20/07/15, 09:31 pm

Bwgopher only thing about the athletic Dallas team which sucks is that he lost four players a week before signing day to scarfone. That's what happened to them. Friends of the coach for many years because they got free rides with sting and athletic coach couldn't give that to them.

Dumbdumb
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2304
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by KeeperCommander 20/07/15, 09:48 pm

Scarfone did not do very well with those newly signed Athletic Dallas players.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4649
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by douchebag 20/07/15, 09:49 pm

jibjab2 wrote:Oh, nothing against gopher - he does a fantastic job.  Just those coaches who think that they will get some "love" from people like you for playing in a "premier league" and getting the $hit kicked out of them every weekend, instead of playing them in a league where they could really develop.

So maybe instead of giving a coach an auto rank up for bad judgement or incompetence, maybe he should get called out for just playing the ranking game.
flower flower flower

douchebag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 2344
Join date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by douchebag 20/07/15, 10:07 pm

JibJab2 is a gamer

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/44149603

douchebag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 2344
Join date : 2015-06-15

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by nortexmaker 20/07/15, 10:34 pm

The last-minute 'defections' to other teams was not an isolated issue to Athletic Dallas.  Many teams got the unexpected text or call t-minus 24 hours or less from signing day.  A lot of parents holding out/ransoming for scholarships, etc.  And, the usual hardcore recruiter coaches (you know who they are) promised whatever it took to get the kid.

Some rosters changed significantly from June to July.  Feb to July even moreso.

My only issue with Tut is LH officials only watched 1 game max per team and that is not a significant enough sampling.  I browsed a number of games this past weekend and I almost never saw a LH official there...maybe they were camouflaged in?  Hopefully, their subjective impressions did not weigh in too heavily to the seeding.
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2493
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Dumbdumb 20/07/15, 10:42 pm

LH visited everyone at least two games. They didn't necessarily jump out and say I am here. I did see them out at games that I watched. One was visible to everyone and one was hidden under cover from everyone. Understand they got bothered with questions if they were spotted. This isn't a easy job to do. If you have knowledge of the top 25 teams then you know top 10 is pretty good. 11-25 anybody can beat anybody any day!

Dumbdumb
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2304
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Pre-QT '05 Girls FBR Rankings - 07-20-15

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum