North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

QT Musings Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

QT Musings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

QT Musings Empty QT Musings

Post by allhatnocattle 29/07/15, 03:33 pm

If Mansfield Revolution uses only 13 players, it hurts them more than it helps them. If your team isn't giving 15 players significant playing time (33% of total minutes), then you're doing your best players a disservice. Heat or no heat. In my opinion, the flap about whether they cheated is irrelevant (despite the fact that it's against the rule which is more protection to the starting 11 than anything else).

All games are subject to water breaks in each half, so there's no sense in complaining about it. Although I do believe they should be 35 minute halves since we're going to 40 a month from now.
It forces a sense of urgency on every team to score early and often. Those teams that can do it have the advantage. Those who can't, hunker down and play defense.

The GotSoccer rankings and points allocation has significant inconsistency. A team winning King Tut was awarded the same # of points as a team winning one of the three LHGCL divisions for the entire season. King Tut is a great QT warm-up, but it's filled with teams who are getting their act together. Awarding nearly 3,000 points for winning it shows little attention to the grand scheme of things for an event meant to get teams ready to qualify and not much else.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

QT Musings Empty Re: QT Musings

Post by knowssoccerstuff 29/07/15, 03:59 pm

allhatnocattle wrote:If Mansfield Revolution uses only 13 players, it hurts them more than it helps them.  If your team isn't giving 15 players significant playing time (33% of total minutes), then you're doing your best players a disservice.  Heat or no heat.  In my opinion, the flap about whether they cheated is irrelevant (despite the fact that it's against the rule which is more protection to the starting 11 than anything else).

How is that a disservice? I doubt they intentionally are holding their team to less than 14. Wouldn't it be more a disservice to not enter them in the LHQT where they obviously belong?

I'm sure they are going to have a true 14th by the time the season starts wherever they end up playing.

knowssoccerstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoogleSoccer 29/07/15, 03:59 pm

It's a technicality, no doubt brought on by a team that didn't make it to round 2.

I would hope they have 14 players are add one before the season starts.

But they should be allowed to continue.

GoogleSoccer
GoogleSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

QT Musings Empty Got Soccer points

Post by soccermomlove 29/07/15, 04:14 pm

I have to agree somewhat on the Got Soccer points. I mean, that same team that won King Tut also won the Presidents Cup, Arlington D1, the Colorado Real Cup, the Texas Lightning Cup and Michael Brown (just since January), and I noticed they were awarded measley points for those wins (they were awarded only 47 points for winning Arlington D1, but the team who won 2nd place in Arlington D1, was awarded 586 points). How does that make any sense? I guess it all comes out in the wash.

soccermomlove
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Y-C-L-O-N-E 29/07/15, 08:44 pm

flight value.

C-Y-C-L-O-N-E
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankXP 30/07/15, 08:21 am

allhatnocattle wrote:If Mansfield Revolution uses only 13 players, it hurts them more than it helps them.  If your team isn't giving 15 players significant playing time (33% of total minutes), then you're doing your best players a disservice.  Heat or no heat.  In my opinion, the flap about whether they cheated is irrelevant (despite the fact that it's against the rule which is more protection to the starting 11 than anything else).

Maybe this team had one girl on Vacation.  That happens all the time.  confused confused
TankXP
TankXP
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 30/07/15, 08:34 am

I have always presumed the reason behind the rule is that LH wanted to insure that any team accepted in the league would be a viable competitor for the duration. That means having an adequate roster size to deal with the inevitable injuries and conflicts. It also means being able to play with the same girls who qualified. You shouldn't be able to stack a roster to get through QT and then move them around and substitute different players to backfill. It comes down to what kind of team gets accepted.
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoogleSoccer 30/07/15, 09:54 am

Let it go
GoogleSoccer
GoogleSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoogleSoccer 30/07/15, 10:44 am

As of Aug 1, the teams are U15 and should be playing 35 minute halves.

I bet the games are done 30 minutes this weekend.
GoogleSoccer
GoogleSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 30/07/15, 10:56 am

Oh boy the fun that won't ever stop.
Got soccer points give a discount of 20% depending on flight value it is a weird math formula that seems to work to get the got soccer rankings sorted out. Now someone does raise an interesting question. However, I would think a team that qualifies with 10,11,12,13 or 14 is much more deserving then a team that gets a club bye. I understand the club bye system but and why it is in place. But if they can get in at least it was solved on the field.

To an outside observer who had the most to gain if this rumour was true. I don't think it was the result of a team that didn't get in ( Again if they didn't get in my team would have been playing this weekend) The argument seems to have the tone of something personal. So goes deeper then a team that didn't go in. Since it's a personal issue no matter what anyone says there is no way to find harmony on this issue. Since it is a personal issue I don't think it's easily "let go" I would hope folks could let it go. What I won't let go is the overall softening of folks. The water breaks when not needed the inability (i.e. 75 degrees and no sun) I am also not so sure if I support or don't support the water breaks in 100 degrees either. I think it has to do with lawsuits but I can at least understand the 100 degree ones but think having water spread throughout the field where kids could stop and get a drink might make more sense. I just think think about things like the future Marathon runners in the state. Well we want you to run a Marathon but every 15 minutes your going to take a 5 minute break so you don't get to hot or tired because it's a little too hot in the earlier events so we have to do it in the later events. I know this is an extreme example, but I think the elements is part of the game training your body to survive through it is also part of the game. Maybe I am too old school. Oh well
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 30/07/15, 10:57 am

GoogleSoccer wrote:As of Aug 1, the teams are U15 and should be playing 35 minute halves.

40 minute halves.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knowssoccerstuff 30/07/15, 11:30 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
GoogleSoccer wrote:As of Aug 1, the teams are U15 and should be playing 35 minute halves.

40 minute halves.  

Is this confirmed?

Hopefully someone tells the refs. Otherwise the Lone Gunmen will have a field day.

knowssoccerstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 30/07/15, 11:47 am

knowssoccerstuff wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:

40 minute halves.  

Is this confirmed?

Hopefully someone tells the refs.  Otherwise the Lone Gunmen will have a field day.

30 minutes for the weekend.

40 minutes for the league.

Wouldn't want to start any more confusion then the board has already experienced.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 30/07/15, 11:48 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
knowssoccerstuff wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:

40 minute halves.  

Is this confirmed?

Hopefully someone tells the refs.  Otherwise the Lone Gunmen will have a field day.

30 minutes for the weekend.

40 minutes for the league.  

Wouldn't want to start any more confusion then the board has already experienced.

I can't see them changing the rule mid stream of a tourney. We were entered as U14's yes the date changed August 1st. However, I doubt they would change it or dang that would create another field day for the board.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 30/07/15, 11:56 am

Marvelousmar wrote:...  What I won't let go is the overall softening of folks.  The water breaks when not needed the inability (i.e. 75 degrees and no sun)  I am also not so sure if I support or don't support the water breaks in 100 degrees either.  I think it has to do with lawsuits but I can at least understand the 100 degree ones but think having water spread throughout the field where kids could stop and get a drink might make more sense.

Don't teams have subs? Unlimited subbing even in LH right? I hate the water break rule, breaks up the flow of the game, resets any advantage a better conditioned team may have had, allows a coach to reset anything that may have gone wrong, devalues the work a better conditioned athlete has put in to gain a competitive advantage. If a player needs water, they can sub out, or walk over to the sidelines during a game and rehydrate.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoogleSoccer 30/07/15, 12:37 pm

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0059/1404/2015-LHGCL-QT-Rules-revised.pdf
GoogleSoccer
GoogleSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankXP 30/07/15, 01:13 pm

Tiki-taka wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:...  What I won't let go is the overall softening of folks.  The water breaks when not needed the inability (i.e. 75 degrees and no sun)  I am also not so sure if I support or don't support the water breaks in 100 degrees either.  I think it has to do with lawsuits but I can at least understand the 100 degree ones but think having water spread throughout the field where kids could stop and get a drink might make more sense.

Don't teams have subs?  Unlimited subbing even in LH right?  I hate the water break rule, breaks up the flow of the game, resets any advantage a better conditioned team may have had, allows a coach to reset anything that may have gone wrong, devalues the work a better conditioned athlete has put in to gain a competitive advantage.  If a player needs water, they can sub out, or walk over to the sidelines during a game and rehydrate.  

Most of the girls agree.  A water break when the sun is down isn't necessary.  My DD hates the water breaks even in 100 degree weather (her entire team would rather play through).  They are conditioned for that, and have subs if needed.  Just my 2 cents... geek
TankXP
TankXP
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Hamster 30/07/15, 01:24 pm

U15 competitive teams should roster at least 15 or more players.  Reasoning:

1) More injuries in High School aged/sized players
2) School commitments increase
3) Boyfriends (like it or not)

A team heading to LHGC with 13 on the roster WILL play short handed (less than 11 on the field) at some point this season.  

Guaranteed.
Mia Hamster
Mia Hamster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 30/07/15, 01:43 pm

Mia Hamster wrote:

A team heading to LHGC with 13 on the roster WILL play short handed (less than 11 on the field) at some point this season.  

a team with 13 on official roster can't play LHGCL at all by rule.......................guaranteed.  must have 14 or more players listed on official roster as has been pointed out about 100 times on about 3 different threads this past week.  how many of those 14 or more they decide to play with.....................that's up to them..................................so who cares.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnerd 30/07/15, 02:31 pm

I was told on many occasions that if a tournament has water breaks for the heat then every game in that tournament must have a water break, even the games first thing in the morning or at night...

I don't blame LH for having them as all it takes is one kid passing out on the field and everyone would be screaming why don't they let them get some water... its a by-product of our over litigious society that they have to CYA.

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knowssoccerstuff 30/07/15, 04:13 pm

sportsnerd wrote:I was told on many occasions that if a tournament has water breaks for the heat then every game in that tournament must have a water break, even the games first thing in the morning or at night...

I don't blame LH for having them as all it takes is one kid passing out on the field and everyone would be screaming why don't they let them get some water... its a by-product of our over litigious society that they have to CYA.

I understand why they have the water breaks but with 30 minute halves, they could at least stop the clock.

At some point, a team with a 1 point lead is going to take the extra minute or two to get back on the field.

knowssoccerstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 30/07/15, 04:22 pm

Mia Hamster's point above was what I was trying to say in the original thread post yesterday. The boyfriend part is the scariest though.

Separately, watching games for several years leads me to believe water breaks don't play a role in game results.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knowssoccerstuff 30/07/15, 04:34 pm

allhatnocattle wrote:

Separately, watching games for several years leads me to believe water breaks don't play a role in game results.  

I'd agree if you add the qualifier, "most". Doesn't play a role in most games. But shortening a 60 minute game by 10 minutes most certainly affects some games. Theoretically, it would seem to favor the weaker team as their field disadvantage is shortened time wise. But I suppose it changes dramatically once the first goal is scored.

knowssoccerstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/15, 04:41 pm

Best excuses ever for losing a game...

- We lost because our team was affected by the long grass more than the other team*
- We lost because the other team brought in a player from a younger age group
- We lost because we were forced to take a water break

Please feel free to add...

* (actually, soccertalker's DD's team won the game and tournament, and he was using the long grass as the excuse for why his DD's team didn't win by a larger margin than they did... but you get my point Wink  )

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 30/07/15, 04:47 pm

We lost because the other team only had 13 players.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum