North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LH Meet the Ref Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LH Meet the Ref

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LH Meet the Ref Empty LH Meet the Ref

Post by 05girls 12/09/15, 12:42 pm

Whether you think it's a waste of time or not, have a little respect during the session. The one our team just participated in had 4 teams present. The parents of one of those teams decided it was ok to let their players/kids run wild during the meeting. There was a group of them in the back cutting up, playing on phones, etc. When that wasn't happening there was a parade up and down the stairs/in and out of the meeting room. A total distraction for everyone else, disrespectful and a complete embarrassment. All of this while the other 3 teams sat quietly and (pretended?) to pay attention. Parents -- WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!!

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LH Meet the Ref Empty Re: LH Meet the Ref

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/15, 01:54 pm

How about I was on my phone as well. It was a huge waste of time. Nothing that couldn't have been done by Internet. Nothing that I didn't know already. Basically just making excuses for bad calls. Please tell me more about how your kid was perfect.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 12/09/15, 02:15 pm

My daughter, and the 30-40 other players from 3 other teams sat quietly and respectfully, as they should have. I didn't say it wasn't a waste of time and I wasn't taking issue with anyone specifically being on their phone. Try reading the post again, specifically the part about "one group of girls from one team sitting in the back, cutting up and walking up and down the stairs and coming in and out of the room".

Always thought it wasn't up to a 10 year old to decide when and if their time was being wasted by an adult.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/09/15, 03:53 pm

Hasn't changed a bit. The low standards are great for high rates of injury.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/15, 04:29 pm

OLJW wrote:Hasn't changed a bit. The low standards are great for high rates of injury.
You have to start with a standard to achieve low standards. This doesn't qualify. I did find it funny when they said most of it was a judgment call. Not applying a law or rule.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/15, 05:29 pm

To the daycare chairperson up at the top. If 10 year olds running around bothers you, maybe the sidelines of a soccer field is not where you need to be.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 12/09/15, 05:34 pm

Sad

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceritis 12/09/15, 07:47 pm

The noise of the door thudding every time anyone went in and out was a bit distracting...however, every kid I saw, and half of the adults, were on an electronic device. Rolling Eyes bounce agree with "keeper" if kids running around bothers you so much...soccer might not be the best sport for your family. You might try golf Razz

Socceritis
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolking 12/09/15, 07:54 pm

Futbolking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/15, 07:57 pm

Socceritis wrote:The noise of the door thudding every time anyone went in and out was a bit distracting...however, every kid I saw, and half of the adults, were on an electronic device. Rolling Eyes bounce agree with "keeper" if kids running around bothers you so much...soccer might not be the best sport for your family. You might try golf Razz

Well in a way I have to agree with 05girls. It can get annoying when that happens and you really are trying to pay attention. My point in the beginning was I just didn't care about what was being said. I am sure there were parents there recording it and diligently taking notes so they could go home and have family soccer discussions about the legal way to knock a kid out. However I digress.
I myself returned emails and texts and looked up only to see the next slide. I did the time and I am now free.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 12/09/15, 08:05 pm

guess I'm off base here...apologies. Point was more why one team was acting like it was a slumber party while everyone else was doing what they were supposed to. If all 4 teams were acting the same, there would have been no point to make. But again, sounds like my observation was off.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bwildered 12/09/15, 09:52 pm

I don't think you are off base 05girils. It seemed to bother a few of that team's Moms as well, and they did deal with it. I think 05's point more was to the lack of respect to the instructor. Would you tolerate the same behavior in the classroom, if a teacher was covering a subject your child was already knowledgable in, but not the entire class?

As far as the class itself, as a first timer academy parent with little soccer knowledge, I found the class to be informative.

One question, if the ref'ing is so bad, then why do you come back? Not trying to be a d--bag, but if you are that unhappy why continue to support the league? Are there no alternatives?

bwildered
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 12/09/15, 11:01 pm

05girls wrote:Whether you think it's a waste of time or not, have a little respect during the session.  The one our team just participated in had 4 teams present.  The parents of one of those teams decided it was ok to let their players/kids run wild during the meeting.  There was a group of them in the back cutting up, playing on phones, etc.  When that wasn't happening there was a parade up and down the stairs/in and out of the meeting room.  A total distraction for everyone else, disrespectful and a complete embarrassment.  All of this while the other 3 teams sat quietly and (pretended?) to pay attention.  Parents -- WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!!

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THOSE SAME FAMILIES AT WALMART OR RESTAURANTS?

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 13/09/15, 07:51 am

KeeperCommander wrote:To the daycare chairperson up at the top. If 10 year olds running around bothers you, maybe the sidelines of a soccer field is not where you need to be.

One of the most ignorant comments posted on this board.  Ever.

Really?  If you don't like 10 year olds running around like animals in an indoor meeting, designed for parents, where adults are trying to talk, then you shouldn't go to soccer fields.  Really?!??  Last I checked, they weren't at the soccer fields.  Disrespectful kids are enabled by people like you.

You may not have wanted to listen or ask questions, but maybe others did.  But since you were bored, or the subject related to 10 year olds, or IRRESPONSIBLE parents let their kids run wild, that makes it all ok?

I knew when this post started that some idiot would show up with a moronic statement somehow defending the kids.

Perfect.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomTeeth 13/09/15, 11:31 am

Agreed. It's really a matter of common decency and respect for others. Control your kids for goodness sake.
WisdomTeeth
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by time2win 13/09/15, 12:09 pm

Ok 05Girls they surely made you angry which it should. Totally uncalled for behavior. I could guess but for those of us that weren't in attendance. Call out the team. This way we can be sure to leave not to invite them to our next birthday party.

time2win
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/09/15, 01:29 pm

time2win wrote:Ok 05Girls they surely made you angry which it should.  Totally uncalled for behavior. I could guess but for those of us that weren't in attendance. Call out the team.  This way we can be sure to leave not to invite them to our next birthday party.  
So what you want is to call out a bunch of 10 year olds by name or team name. That may very well be the most idiotic post of all time I have seen on this forum. Maybe you would like to post their address too and maybe what school they attend.
To "Sick" the fact that the league required teams to attend such a blatantly uninformative and one sided meeting was in itself classless. 10 year olds will be 10 year olds regardless of where they are. They are kids playing a GAME that most parents seem all to ready to Dribble them into adulthood. So I don't mind my kid being a kid when she gets the chance. Disrespectful absolutely not.
You want to call me out however? Go ahead and try, it would be a pleasure. It's been a couple weeks since I went at it on here with anyone. Just don't go away crying. Either way I couldn't care less what your opinion is.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by time2win 13/09/15, 01:59 pm

No Keeper commander you have it all wrong. I want to call out the parents of said group. They deserve to be recognized for their obnoxious parenting style and their continuous pompousness to believing their DDs are better than the world and should be treated as such. Amazing that soccer might actually help your DDs understand the importance of team work, hard work, winning and losing, and respect. Of course, not with you if you blatantly believe it is ok for kids to act out and disrespect the other teams, kids, and parents attending. Amazing how three other teams of 10 yr old acted fine and behaved. I guess just being "good" kids.

time2win
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolking 13/09/15, 02:22 pm

Kids will be kids and if these kids were older I would have a problem with it but it's a bunch of 10 yr olds I expect noise and I don't mind it, everyone has their opinion about this matter and subject and the fact that out of 4 teams only a couple were bothered, meand that the majority didn't find it disrespectful, so for those that are butt hurt because they think they were being disrespected, to me sound like a whiny baby , I bet your the kind of person who complains and cries about every little thing!

Futbolking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/09/15, 02:25 pm

time2win wrote:No Keeper commander you have it all wrong.  I want to call out the parents of said group.  They deserve to be recognized for their obnoxious parenting style and their continuous pompousness to believing their DDs are better than the world and should be treated as such.  Amazing that soccer might actually help your DDs understand the importance of team work, hard work, winning and losing, and respect.  Of course, not with you if you blatantly believe it is ok for kids to act out and disrespect the other teams, kids, and parents attending.  Amazing how three other teams of 10 yr old acted fine and behaved. I guess just being "good" kids.
First If you call out the team you are calling out the kids as well. Second I def said being disrespect was not good. I just dont think that what was going on at least in my meeting was disrespectful. It was kids being kids.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 13/09/15, 02:35 pm

Not interested in calling the team by name. It's clear that those who were there know who they are -- on both sides. Futbolking, I would tend to side with you but again, it was ONE TEAM out of four.

And to Keeper, that is your opinion that this was a waste of time. Remember back when they banned smoking from most public places? It was a smokers opinion I'm sure that it was ok for them to smoke inside a restaurant. The reason it was outlawed was because that opinion was then forced on everyone else. The LH official made it clear that this whole session was to "try" to provide a different one sided (as you say) perspective to try to diffuse the sidelines where parents are at a minimum yelling and at times acting out with violence towards other parents and/or refs. You may be fluent in every rule soccer has to offer but I guarantee you, most parents on the sidelined aren't, far fewer actually played the game at all.

But again, as I've said like 8 times now, being a waste of time or not was not my point. The fact that you aren't getting this on any level speaks volumes.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/09/15, 02:41 pm

Sounds to me like the guy running the meeting should've pulled a yellow card on those kids...  Oh, wait... Nevermind, this is LH, I don't think yellow is in their color wheel...

Last edited by bwgophers on 13/09/15, 03:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by time2win 13/09/15, 03:04 pm

Keeper Commander, Futbolking. Socceritis - you guys just don’t get it and never will. Your parenting styles obvious the one that let’s babies cry and cry at their table in a restaurant with no concern that you are ruining the dining experience for other patrons. Have the kids having a breakdown in the store when they don’t get what they want. The ones that are disruptive and loud in church with no consequences. Kids being kids. These kids grow up to be the obnoxious sports fan sitting in front of you at a game. The person talking loudly in the movie theater. Pull in the parking space you are already waiting for in the parking lot. See the pattern – parents that show no respect for other people, breed kids that show no respect that become parents who show no respect. Now to move on why is no one talking about the soccer games from the weekend.

time2win
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by time2win 13/09/15, 03:05 pm

What the scoop on Pulp vs Voutier? I heard Rush 1 - Solar 0. Did it just get proved out that the parents arguing about the guest player at Plano tournament and their impact came true.

time2win
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 13/09/15, 05:34 pm

bwgophers wrote:Sounds to me like the guy running the meeting should've pulled a yellow card on those kids...  Oh, wait... Nevermind, this is LH, I don't think yellow is in their color wheel...

The times are changing! One of our girls got a yellow this morning! It was fairly weak as fouls go compared to some of the other ones I've seen go uncalled, but it was a correct call. Well officiated game, wish we had more of those.
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next