North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LH D1 Final Bye Race  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LH D1 Final Bye Race

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who gets the final three Byes - choose three

LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_lcap35%LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_lcap35%LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_lcap10%LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_lcap20%LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_lcap0%LH D1 Final Bye Race  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

LH D1 Final Bye Race  Empty LH D1 Final Bye Race

Post by Tiki-taka 12/04/16, 12:32 pm

Trying to get away from the bathroom talk,  any predictions on how D1 ends up?  Looks like Places 1-3 are set.  5 and 6 could still be in question.
Texas Spirit (24 pts.)looks like they have 4th place locked but they have to win one game or tie their remaining two to keep it, in the event Texans Black wins their game.  (Spirit wins tie breaker due to head to head win)
Texans Black (23 pts.) are in the driver seat for 5th with only one game left,  mathematically I believe they are locked in for top six.
Texans White (19 pts.) has one game left against Kicks Gold and can Max out at 22, will it be enough for the 6th slot?
Texans Dallas (19 pts.) has two more games against Kicks and Sting North.  Two wins and they are fifth, a win and a tie they have 23 pts and win 5th place due to goal differential, I believe.  Both teams (Texans and Texans Black) tied each other in league play.  Two ties and they could be out depending on Texans Whites results.  

If all teams lose their remaining games, then the standings are as they are today.   Lots still to play for.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LH D1 Final Bye Race  Empty Re: LH D1 Final Bye Race

Post by Tiki-taka 21/04/16, 09:29 am

After Tuesday's two games results,  the fourth bye was wrapped up with Texas Spirit's win over Sting.   Texas Spirit can jump to third with a win in their final game against D'Feeters.  D'Feeters are playing for a higher seeding in the play off tournament.  

Texans Dallas keeps the final bye race interesting with their 3-1 win over Sting North.   If Texans Dallas ties or beats Kicks SC, they wrap up a bye in either fifth or sixth depending on the result of Texans Black last game against Andromeda.   But, if Texans Dallas does not come away with any points, they could end up in a tie with Texans White depending on Texans White winning their last game against Kicks Gold.  Texans White holds the tie breaker with the head to head win against Texans Dallas.

Texans Black has earned the Bye based on their current points.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 25/04/16, 08:31 am

Texans Dallas took care of business against Kicks SC, currently standing fifth in standings with no games left. Texans Black must win their last game to jump ahead of Texans Dallas in fifth place. All six byes have now been claimed.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 25/04/16, 01:52 pm

Tiki-taka wrote:Texans Dallas took care of business against Kicks SC, currently standing fifth in standings with no games left.   Texans Black must win their last game to jump ahead of Texans Dallas in fifth place.    All six byes have now been claimed.  
Texans Dallas did take care of business - no way I was betting on them winning both of those games. Can they take the 5th spot? Crazier things have happened.

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 25/04/16, 02:21 pm

justpeachy wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:Texans Dallas took care of business against Kicks SC, currently standing fifth in standings with no games left.   Texans Black must win their last game to jump ahead of Texans Dallas in fifth place.    All six byes have now been claimed.  
Texans Dallas did take care of business - no way I was betting on them winning both of those games. Can they take the 5th spot?  Crazier things have happened.

Patches
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 25/04/16, 02:37 pm

[/quote]

Patches[/quote]

Noted. I figured it had to be something along those lines.

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 25/04/16, 03:29 pm

Patches

Noted.   I figured it had to be something along those lines.

Implying use of ECNL players I assume?  Can only use 1 CPP in final 3 games (would have minimal impact and most of the active 01 ECNL players are no longer dual rostered across all teams) and believe that roster only has 1 dual-rostered player who hasn't been active with the D1 team (plays ECNL only).  They do have a couple former ECNL players from last year though.  

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 25/04/16, 03:53 pm

There were two in our game. But Scott micromanaged that team into playing with desperation (to avoid the playoffs) and the team responded very well in the last two games.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 25/04/16, 04:44 pm

Just a side note: the loss by Kicks to Texans Dallas probably cost Kicks first place in LH D1. Both Solar and Kicks have one game left, but if they both win Solar wins the league.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 25/04/16, 06:26 pm

The loss to Texans Dallas can't cost Kicks something they didn't have...Solar has been in 1st place for the majority of the season and has not lost a game all season. Both meetings of the 2 teams ended in 1-1 ties with all players present on current roster for both matches. At the end of the day, the team with the most points wins! Good luck to all in the remaining games left!

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks 26/04/16, 08:06 am

Unless there are a few surprising results out of D1, the playoff brackets look like this (I think)-

DT FTW/D'Feeters/DT White/Frisco Fusion

Sting East Gray/DT Red North/FCD Premier/Sting Dallas/Ayses or Jazz or Andro Blue

donovansucks
donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 26/04/16, 08:10 am

donovansucks wrote:Unless there are a few surprising results out of D1, the playoff brackets look like this (I think)-

Sting East Gray/DT Red North/FCD Premier/Sting Dallas/Ayses or Jazz or Andro Blue

One of those teams in the second group is breaking up, not even sure they'll participate in the playoffs.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AmazonDad 26/04/16, 09:09 am

I've heard of several teams of ECNL clubs not playing LHGCL next year. Forming their own league of 6 teams and just playing showcases.
AmazonDad
AmazonDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.warriorsunited.com

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 26/04/16, 12:24 pm

allhatnocattle wrote:
donovansucks wrote:Unless there are a few surprising results out of D1, the playoff brackets look like this (I think)-

One of those teams in the second group is breaking up, not even sure they'll participate in the playoffs.
Which team? which team?

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 26/04/16, 12:37 pm

justpeachy wrote:
allhatnocattle wrote:

Which team? which team?

Things wouldn't be just peachy anymore if I divulged that.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LH D1 Final Bye Race  Empty Sensitive Much

Post by Tiki-taka 26/04/16, 12:56 pm

meriusrex wrote:The loss to Texans Dallas can't cost Kicks something they didn't have...Solar has been in 1st place for the majority of the season and has not lost a game all season. Both meetings of the 2 teams ended in 1-1 ties with all players present on current roster for both matches. At the end of the day, the team with the most points wins! Good luck to all in the remaining games left!

Congratulations to Solar for wrapping up the LH D1 Season in first place. They in fact had the most points at the end of the season.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico_Passe 27/04/16, 09:28 pm

AmazonDad wrote:I've heard of several teams of ECNL clubs not playing LHGCL next year. Forming their own league of 6 teams and just playing showcases.

Wow, what a concept! Ditch LH?! It's a thought. Elite baseball teams only play showcase tournaments, no league. Won't there come a point where these 6 will have a few roster spots to fill possibly and this would be a valid piece of info for a prospective player and her family.
Rico_Passe
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/04/16, 09:32 pm

Rico_Passe wrote:
AmazonDad wrote:I've heard of several teams of ECNL clubs not playing LHGCL next year. Forming their own league of 6 teams and just playing showcases.

Wow, what a concept! Ditch LH?!  It's a thought. Elite baseball teams only play showcase tournaments, no league. Won't there come a point where these 6 will have a few roster spots to fill possibly and this would be a valid piece of info for a prospective player and her family.

I dunno. Dontcha think skipping LHGCL is a pretty big risk given all of the College Coaches that regularly show up on the sidelines at those games? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico_Passe 27/04/16, 09:37 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Rico_Passe wrote:

Wow, what a concept! Ditch LH?!  It's a thought. Elite baseball teams only play showcase tournaments, no league. Won't there come a point where these 6 will have a few roster spots to fill possibly and this would be a valid piece of info for a prospective player and her family.

I dunno.  Dontcha think skipping LHGCL is a pretty big risk given all of the College Coaches that regularly show up on the sidelines at those games? Suspect

lol!
Rico_Passe
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by setrimacoky 30/04/16, 08:36 pm

Is this an existential threat to Lake Highlands?

setrimacoky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AmazonDad 01/05/16, 12:11 pm

setrimacoky wrote:
yes, for High School age teams
AmazonDad
AmazonDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.warriorsunited.com

Back to top Go down

Post by setrimacoky 01/05/16, 08:40 pm

AmazonDad wrote:
setrimacoky wrote:
So....the ECNL club teams will play in both ECNL and some sort of Academy/Premier league....traveling and not play in a local league? Or is this new super hybrid local? Are there enough parents to support both ECNL and Academy? What is the motivation? Is it distilling talent/Money for the clubs? At some point you have to wonder...Are these new leagues just more of a reflection of wealthy parents willing to part with more money or is it actually more talent? Not playing the money card here, just wondering if this idea actually distills the talent or does it distill the wealth?

setrimacoky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

LH D1 Final Bye Race  Empty LH-D1 Standings

Post by bigtuna 05/05/16, 07:18 am

Nice win last night by Texas Spirit over D’Feeters to move into 3rd in the final LH-D1 standings. They might be the team to watch Saturday in the State Cup.    

LH-D1 Standings:
1. SOLAR CHELSEA 01G RED - PL  
2. DALLAS KICKS SC 01 - PL  
3. TEXAS SPIRIT NORTH 01 - PL

bigtuna
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 05/05/16, 07:37 am

setrimacoky wrote:
AmazonDad wrote:
setrimacoky wrote:
So....the ECNL club teams will play in both ECNL and some sort of Academy/Premier league....traveling and not play in a local league? Or is this new super hybrid local? Are there enough parents to support both ECNL and Academy? What is the motivation? Is it distilling talent/Money for the clubs? At some point you have to wonder...Are these new leagues just more of a reflection of wealthy parents willing to part with more money or is it actually more talent? Not playing the money card here, just wondering if this idea actually distills the talent or does it distill the wealth?

What they did in Socal...

http://www.elitegirlssoccerleague.com/
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/05/16, 07:50 am

setrimacoky wrote:
AmazonDad wrote:
setrimacoky wrote:

I think you're not quite getting the concept.

We are essentially talking about the ECNL club "B" teams here, or what are currently, their LHGCL D1 teams. The current ECNL, and any future DA teams, aren't affected by this. They will go on with business as usually.

Basically, this is the ECNL clubs forming their own 2nd tier league for their #2 teams to play in, which, I would guess, would be sans much of the roster restriction and promotion/relegation rules currently in place in LHGCL. Basically, the league would amount to a bunch of friendlies against (hopefully) reasonably solid competition, to keep the kids sharp, with the teams focused on playing a larger number of showcase events to get the players exposure to college coaches.

Frankly, as a parent of HS kids who are looking to play sports in college, I can see where this is an attractive option. It's a model closer to what happens in other sports like baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, where league play is either inconsequential or non-existent, and the real focus is on tournaments and college showcases.

Now, if these "B" teams are going to focus on National showcases where significant travel $$ are going to be spent, you'd need to ask yourself as a parent if it was really worth it, because the kids currently playing for the level of teams below ECNL, generally aren't big D1 caliber. However, if the team is going to focus on more regional showcases within driving distance (TX/OK/LA/AK, etc.), with the occasional showcase outside of the region, where the smaller D1/D2/NAIA schools will be scouting, and are the more likely destinations for the caliber of players on these teams, I could see where it would be an attractive option for those kids with the goal of playing college soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next