North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New Division added to LHGCL? - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

New Division added to LHGCL?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Division added to LHGCL? - Page 5 Empty Re: New Division added to LHGCL?

Post by Guest 27/05/16, 12:32 pm

BigErn wrote:
Ouch 4-3-3 ...

Other than the final two paragraphs, not much at all accurate in that post.

I was actually trying to quote Crazy4Soccer's post having read it embedded in another response...

Crazy4soccer wrote:This all is very interesting reading to me because we are about to move out of state, and there are no composite teams. You either make THE ECNL team or you don't. If you don't there is the option of The NPL TEAM or the local leagues. End of story. Also everyone has to go age pure, not an option for a whole team to play up. If a player wants to play up, has to get an exception. It is encouraged to play high school and the club teams don't practice or play games during the high school season. Also get 5 weeks off in the summer and its encouraged to take a break. IMO, this seems much more reasonable then what is going on in NTX, especially since most of these kids won't play beyond high school. Is all the extra time and money spent on this, in NTX, worth it? BTW, the area we are moving to still has a high rate of success in placing kids in college programs.

The rant had a lot of good points in it too though...I couldn't run away from that one either!

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 27/05/16, 12:38 pm

gotcha 4-3-3 ...

and agreed --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 28/05/16, 06:28 pm

A slightly different view might be that the move to age Pure cut up to 50% of the open ECNL slots that might otherwise have been available from '02 up. AP '02's playing in '03 suddenly don't have the "natural" progression to ECNL, same with AP '01 and on up the chain. What to do with kids that might otherwise have found a spot but were effectively playing down without knowing it? Offer composite. It's not a bad way to handle it.

Reality check folks. NTX teams are starting to shoulder their way into higher rankings and they're starting to be more represented at National level. The intensity and the commitment make a difference. It depends on your goals but "right" is what you want it to be.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 05/06/16, 09:39 pm

peace11 wrote:Big winners with these changes are the big clubs. Everyone says it is to develop players but the truth is it is all about the money.  I predict club dues to rise substantially in the next few years.  I feel for the parents that truly can't afford soccer and their kid is not good enough to get scholarship.  

Now you're inside the tent. You can work on keeping dues down.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 05/06/16, 10:27 pm

5050Ball wrote:
peace11 wrote:Big winners with these changes are the big clubs. Everyone says it is to develop players but the truth is it is all about the money.  I predict club dues to rise substantially in the next few years.  I feel for the parents that truly can't afford soccer and their kid is not good enough to get scholarship.  

Now you're inside the tent.  You can work on keeping dues down.  

That is a lost cost. I coached for 8 yrs for free....didn't charge a red cent for coaching. In the end, the only way prices go down is if parents take action. You are the customer.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnerd 06/06/16, 01:59 pm

I am a little confused....

People are referring to this league mentioned below as NPL league???

2nd - We are proud to announce the Lake Highlands Champions League- NPL for U14-U18, an additional and alternative regional path for ANY club in our classic league that earns an invitation by way of their final division 1 standings. The Champions League will include play against the Top Clubs from TX, OK and STX. Winners of the Champions League will have the opportunity to compete for a National Championship in the Summer of 2017. Players will have the opportunity to be showcased as well as evaluated and recommended for the the id2 Olympic Development Training Program. Invitations to our top 3 finishers in Division I will be sent out very soon along with more information. Participation in the LH Champions League is in addition to regular league play and is voluntary

What is difference in this one and this other NPL that some local clubs are in...

http://nationalpremierleagues.com/SouthCentral/index_E.html

Will this league now include those club teams and then also teams from LHGCL based on standings??

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 06/06/16, 03:23 pm

sportsnerd wrote:I am a little confused....

People are referring to this league mentioned below as NPL league???

2nd - We are proud to announce the Lake Highlands Champions League- NPL for U14-U18, an additional and alternative regional path for ANY club in our classic league that earns an invitation by way of their final division 1 standings. The Champions League will include play against the Top Clubs from TX, OK and STX. Winners of the Champions League will have the opportunity to compete for a National Championship in the Summer of 2017. Players will have the opportunity to be showcased as well as evaluated and recommended for the the id2 Olympic Development Training Program. Invitations to our top 3 finishers in Division I will be sent out very soon along with more information. Participation in the LH Champions League is in addition to regular league play and is voluntary

What is difference in this one and this other NPL that some local clubs are in...

http://nationalpremierleagues.com/SouthCentral/index_E.html

Will this league now include those club teams and then also teams from LHGCL based on standings??

I heard details are possibly being worked out on merging both leagues - (NPL) South Central Premier League & new LH Champions League.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 06/06/16, 03:35 pm

If merge, would that be the proper mix of teams? I don't know, there are so many flavors now who knows what is what anymore.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 06/06/16, 03:51 pm

South Texas is currently doing a Champions League.. All LH is doing is following that model.

http://usctx.org/Standings/AgeGroupMatrix.aspx
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 06/06/16, 04:08 pm

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the changes so correct me where I'm off:

2-3 DA club teams will be formed. I would assume that these players will be drawn from existing LHGCL D1 teams. Will these players be dual rostered on LHGCL teams as well?

5 ECLN teams will consolidate talent from LHGCL teams (mostly D1).
Additional leagues (Champion, NPL, JDL) will consist of players who are also dual rostered on LHGCL teams.

Are we looking at a number of LHGCL D1 players who are dual and triple rostered?
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 06/06/16, 04:28 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the changes so correct me where I'm off:

2-3 DA club teams will be formed. I would assume that these players will be drawn from existing LHGCL D1 teams. Will these players be dual rostered on LHGCL teams as well?

Additional leagues (Champion, NPL, JDL) will consist of players who are also dual rostered on LHGCL teams.

Are we looking at a number of LHGCL D1 players who are dual and triple rostered?

Wow -- this is getting a bit wild.

So this isn't a league ... just a new division. The LH JDL division is for U11-U13 in preparation for ECNL competition (game setup, rules, procedure the same as U14+ ECNL).

The two USSF DA clubs next year will take the top 1-2% of players from everywhere in NTX (ECNL, LHGCL, etc) and roster teams in two age year groups (04s-03s, 02s-01s, etc) -- there won't be any dual rostering involved with USSF DA.

The five ECNL clubs will remain the same as they exist today, only by next year they'll have girls with at least a year of experience competing against top competition and within the spectrum of ECNL rules/procedure. That ... and the prospect of the composite product + lowering of starting age to U8 on the horizon.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 06/06/16, 08:34 pm

BigErn wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the changes so correct me where I'm off:

Wow -- this is getting a bit wild.

So this isn't a league ... just a new division.  The LH JDL division is for U11-U13 in preparation for ECNL competition (game setup, rules, procedure the same as U14+ ECNL).

The two USSF DA clubs next year will take the top 1-2% of players from everywhere in NTX (ECNL, LHGCL, etc) and roster teams in two age year groups (04s-03s, 02s-01s, etc) -- there won't be any dual rostering involved with USSF DA.

The five ECNL clubs will remain the same as they exist today, only by next year they'll have girls with at least a year of experience competing against top competition and within the spectrum of ECNL rules/procedure.  That ... and the prospect of the composite product + lowering of starting age to U8 on the horizon.

I think this is true, for most of the girls anyway, but I'm not sure JDL really does this any better than LHD1 did in year's past.  For years, the top players from LHD1, and a few from lower divisions, have attended ECNL tryouts en masse.  For years, ECNL teams have made their selections, following weeks of tryouts and cuts, and many of those teams went on to win national championships.  A few will compete to do so this year.  In the past, not playing "within the spectrum of ECNL rules/procedure" had little effect on their ability to play the game at the highest level.  If they are ready and committed to learning, they will adapt and do so quickly.

Someone else suggested that this new division is good for development.  In my limited experience, no league, or division within it, in and of itself, is either good or bad for development.  This new division provides an opportunity for good teams from big clubs to play each other, nothing more and nothing less.  I anticipate it will be no more or less developmental that an academy team playing up or against boys, if they are up for it, as several of them did, to their benefit, before select.

An earlier post suggested that this new division is merely repackaging, which, by the way, I'm not opposed to if that's what it is.  Leagues, like LH, must change to survive.  To be honest, from what I've heard, and what I know, I'm doubtful that the top ten teams in each age group will even be in this new division.

Ultimately, I don't really expect this new division to do a better job of preparing players to play ECNL.  Leagues don't do that; they can't.  As has been the case for years, that'll come down to the players themselves and the teachers of the game who truly know what they're doing.
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou 07/06/16, 08:50 am

The DA teams/ players will not be coming from LH D1.
The DA teams will be the ECNL teams from those clubs in those age brackets with new additions coming from clubs who don't get DA status. Certainly some of the ECNL players on those teams that do get DA status will be displaced.
The Composite teams will not be playing a LH D1 schedule. They will be playing the same schedule as the ECNL teams, less the out of region games and tournaments. So 18 regional games is likely it. When the ECNL teams from those clubs that go DA move into the DA spot, the composite teams plus some new players- either from displaced ECNL players or otherwise- will become the ECNL team for that club.
DA prohibits playing any other league or sport, so those girls who move into DA will not be dual rostering on ECNL nor playing high school or any other sport.
A lot of people are making this more complicated (intentionally???) than it has to be.

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 07/06/16, 09:08 am

Not intentional, just ignorance on my part. Can you explain how ECNL works? From what I've gathered it involves 5 clubs (FCD, DT, Solar, DeFeeters and Sting). 30 players are rostered and 18 dress out. That's were my knowledge ends. Composite teams consist of players #19-30? ECNL teams do not play a LHGCL schedule but do some of the players dual roster on LHGCL teams and if so what %?

I've never had a kid in ECNL or in an ECNL club but what happens at the top filters down and indirectly impacts a lot of clubs, teams and players and that is why I'm curious to understand how it works.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 07/06/16, 09:18 am

So a club that gets the DA will need to be 35-40 players deep at each birth year to fulfill the DA, ECNL, and ECNL composite teams.
(ECNL requires probably at least a roster of 16 per age group. Both the DA and Composite combine two years together, so they'd need 9 players per age group for each team, at a minimum).

I don't think any club is 40 deep at a relatively elite level right now. The end result is this is going to require even more consolidation of talent.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 07/06/16, 09:32 am

DA teams are split age groups.

U14/15
U16/17
U18/19

Max roster of 24, game day dress of 18. So in theory you could be looking at 12 and 12 of each age group.

This was all discussed in detail on the open to the public webinars US Soccer held in May on several different dates.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 07/06/16, 09:41 am

AtThePitch wrote:DA teams are split age groups.

U14/15
U16/17
U18/19

Max roster of 24, game day dress of 18. So in theory you could be looking at 12 and 12 of each age group.

This was all discussed in detail on the open to the public webinars US Soccer held in May on several different dates.

So let's say 12 DA, 18 ECNL, and 10 composite for each birth year. Need to be roughly 40 "elite" players deep to compete in DA/ECNL/Composite. Not many clubs can boast that currently.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 07/06/16, 09:47 am

Its not about what any club candle handle at this point, when DA comes you will probably see all "top" players that are interested in it go and try out regardless of current club affiliation.

Expect to only see 2 DA clubs in DFW at the initial launch.

I think DFW can easily pool 24 top players in each needed age group between 2 DA teams at those age groups

Its a trickle down effect. expect lots of change in the landscape the next 2 years, nationally, not just NTX.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 07/06/16, 10:17 am

I hear there could be as many as 4 DA bids awarded to NTX clubs. That would align with what we have on the boys side currently as well.

There is going to be a complete overhaul of coaches at these clubs that get DA. The requirements and standards are very high in regards to coaching credentials.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 07/06/16, 10:20 am

Who are the 4 DA clubs in DFW.

Solar, Texans, FCD... number 4?

There will not be 4 DA girls clubs.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 07/06/16, 10:28 am

AtThePitch wrote:Who are the 4 DA clubs in DFW.

The 4th was Andro before it was pulled due to financial issues. Originally 4 bids were awarded in NTX on the boys side. What makes you so sure that will not be the case on the girls side? Please, if you have inside info? Do share!!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2_cents_worth 07/06/16, 10:31 am

Sting?
2_cents_worth
2_cents_worth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 07/06/16, 10:34 am

thunderlipz wrote:

The 4th was Andro before it was pulled due to financial issues. Originally 4 bids were awarded in NTX on the boys side. What makes you so sure that will not be the case on the girls side? Please, if you have inside info? Do share!!

Financial reasons.. ok.

Club acceptances will be announced on a rolling basis. It was stated repeatedly the Girls DA will not mirror exactly the boys side. I thought it very dumb the reason they gave.. girls are different than boys and we dont feel they need it the same. It did not come across like it wasnt needed from the competition perspective.

As far as inside information. I dont kiss and tell. sorry
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 07/06/16, 12:15 pm

AtThePitch wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:

Financial reasons.. ok.  

Club acceptances will be announced on a rolling basis.  It was stated repeatedly the Girls DA will not mirror exactly the boys side.  I thought it very dumb the reason they gave.. girls are different than boys and we dont feel they need it the same.  It did not come across like it wasnt needed from the competition perspective.  

As far as inside information.  I dont kiss and tell. sorry
This is interesting. I think we can all assume FCD is a lock for one DA spot. Who would the other club be? Assuming there are only two bids awarded initially? What club is the front runner and Why? Solar, Texans, or Sting?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 07/06/16, 12:20 pm

I think this time wasted on what will amount to a very small number of kids.

This will be a hard decision to make for most. It was stated that at initial roll out the girls currently in high school would be allowed to grandfather and finish playing high school, but that by either 2019 or 2020, i cant recall which it was it would be hard and firm rule. DA soccer is the only sport they play or are involved in.

For the kid shooting for national team, ok. but for anyone else... why... to be a pro womens soccer player. yeah right....
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 07/06/16, 12:22 pm

AtThePitch wrote:I think this time wasted on what will amount to a very small number of kids.

This will be a hard decision to make for most.  It was stated that at initial roll out the girls currently in high school would be allowed to grandfather and finish playing high school, but that by either 2019 or 2020, i cant recall which it was it would be hard and firm rule.  DA soccer is the only sport they play or are involved in.

For the kid shooting for national team, ok. but for anyone else... why... to be a pro womens soccer player. yeah right....
Yeah but those pro soccer ladies make a LOT of money Laughing
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next