North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Yellow Cards Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Yellow Cards

Go down

Yellow Cards Empty Yellow Cards

Post by db10 14/08/16, 07:27 pm

So my DD's team played today and their opponents were giving 2 yellow cards (at least 4 deserved) so I was wondering...what is the most number of cards you've seen in a game and what age group? This was U14.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Yellow Cards Empty Re: Yellow Cards

Post by Zizou 14/08/16, 09:22 pm

Two is the most I've seen

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 14/08/16, 09:26 pm

Was it an OK team?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 14/08/16, 09:45 pm

7 yellow cards, one LH game....
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 14/08/16, 09:48 pm

SD69 wrote:Was it an OK team?

Yes. Don't want to call a group of 12 and 13 year olds dirty but if the 10 yard open field tackle with not intention to play the ball fits...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 14/08/16, 09:49 pm

Type 1 left-footer wrote:7 yellow cards, one LH game....

Shocked what age group?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 14/08/16, 09:51 pm

three years ago, u15
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 15/08/16, 07:16 am

I saw this team play. Arms around the waste from behind football style tackles with no attempt to play the ball. Two fisted shirt pulling throughout the game. Trips. CR rarely called fouls, much less cards.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 15/08/16, 07:18 am

db10 wrote:

Yes. Don't want to call a group of 12 and 13 year olds dirty but if the 10 yard open field tackle with not intention to play the ball fits...
Girls are just following the lead from their coach and parents. Sad really, because there were some players on that team that were pretty good.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 15/08/16, 09:13 am

In 4 years of Academy... 1 yellow... I've seen more broken bones than yellow cards.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 15/08/16, 10:15 am

Not enough!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 15/08/16, 10:31 am

SD69 wrote:
db10 wrote:

Girls are just following the lead from their coach and parents. Sad really, because there were some players on that team that were pretty good.

Absolutely from the coach...in fact I do recall a Cobra Kai cheer or two.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 15/08/16, 11:19 am

I think I did hear this once..
Yellow Cards 34e2dca5f6967bad622a8e8f4409fa0f04329b4cf7a74b810285e2dd2537350c
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba 15/08/16, 03:22 pm

db10 wrote: so I was wondering...what is the most number of cards you've seen in a game and what age group? This was U14.

2 yellows at U14 is a bit unusual. But, there has been a push for more cautions to be issued and less paperwork for the ref

I saw 8 yellows in a LHGCL U17 D2 game last year...I assume that's a record.
Koba
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost04Dad 15/08/16, 04:24 pm

2 yellows for the whole tournament?
2 yellows in a game?

Seems a lot for a U14 game either way.

Lost04Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 15/08/16, 07:45 pm

Lost04Dad wrote:2 yellows for the whole tournament?  
2 yellows in a game?

Seems a lot for a U14 game either way.  

2 in the game, and like I said there should have been more. Elbows to head were totally ignored as well as feet being stomped on.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 22/08/16, 08:42 am

The card system is much improved this year so expect the games to get called tighter. Less/no paperwork.

NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/08/16, 09:26 am

There was no paperwork required for yellow cards last year either.  Simply noted on the game card.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Law5 22/08/16, 09:40 am

Once gave 17 in a HS boys JV match. Every one earned.
Law5
Law5
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 23/08/16, 02:13 pm

3 years in rec, 2 years in academy and tons of tourneys, I have never seen a yellow card issued. One game in rec at PSA that I coached prior to going academy, we played a team that whoever won the game would be the bracket winner. The team grabbed tackled from behind, shirt grabbed, tripped the whole game and not even a foul called. Finally, one of our forwards beats a defender down the line and the defender reaches back and pulls her down by her pony tail. Ball goes out, its a turnover!! I had enough and stopped the game, and told the 15 year old girl ref that we were walking off if she didn't talk to the opposing teams coach. She stopped the game and made the coach huddle with his team of 7-8 year olds to tell them to quit grabbing. He spoke to them in Spanish and I don't think he thought I spoke Spanish fluently, because he told them good job continue to stop play just don't grab so much. Don't let them score no matter what in Spanish. The game continued and was rough but better. We lost 3-1. They were very happy. After the game, I walked up to the coach congratulated him and in perfect Spanish told him I would see him at the inquiry and that I heard every thing he told his team. Needless to say, he looked a little pale. I created a letter laying all this out and got my parents to give their version. Set-up the inquiry and went to the meeting. Basically, what I got were bobble heads telling me I was right, but that they tell their refs to not call fouls because they don't want to stifle the girls aggressiveness at a young age. WHAT??!! The referee commissioner at the time, was one of the most condescending, self righteous, pompous person I had ever seen in a position like that. He has been fired since then. The opposing coach just said he was sorry and that they really wanted to win the bracket even though all they got was a participation trophy just like we got!! Crazy Huh!

But at the end of the meeting, I walked out and realized that I had wasted my time, the opposing coaches time, the grievance committees time!!

Until that changes, the game will always be too physical. Fine line I know, but some infractions need to be called.

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopesolo1 23/08/16, 10:54 pm

Sad but true on the physicality and thanks for sharing your experience.
I have seen coaches teach the kids body checks and parents cheer football safety plays that are a definite yellow cards in soccer.  It only hurts the parents in their rear if their kids are on the receiving end. Parents are responsible for such rubbish as much as coaches.  When you get older , if you don't know how to play clean defense ,  the same kids will hurt their teams.

FierceLightning wrote:3 years in rec, 2 years in academy and tons of tourneys, I have never seen a yellow card issued. One game in rec at PSA that I coached prior to going academy, we played a team that whoever won the game would be the bracket winner. The team grabbed tackled from behind, shirt grabbed, tripped the whole game and not even a foul called. Finally, one of our forwards beats a defender down the line and the defender reaches back and pulls her down by her pony tail. Ball goes out, its a turnover!! I had enough and stopped the game, and told the 15 year old girl ref that we were walking off if she didn't talk to the opposing teams coach. She stopped the game and made the coach huddle with his team of 7-8 year olds to tell them to quit grabbing. He spoke to them in Spanish and I don't think he thought I spoke Spanish fluently, because he told them good job continue to stop play just don't grab so much. Don't let them score no matter what in Spanish. The game continued and was rough but better. We lost 3-1. They were very happy. After the game, I walked up to the coach congratulated him and in perfect Spanish told him I would see him at the inquiry and that I heard every thing he told his team. Needless to say, he looked a little pale. I created a letter laying all this out and got my parents to give their version. Set-up the inquiry and went to the meeting. Basically, what I got were bobble heads telling me I was right, but that they tell their refs to not call fouls because they don't want to stifle the girls aggressiveness at a young age. WHAT??!! The referee commissioner at the time, was one of the most condescending, self righteous, pompous person I had ever seen in a position like that. He has been fired since then. The opposing coach just said he was sorry and that they really wanted to win the bracket even though all they got was a participation trophy just like we got!! Crazy Huh!

But at the end of the meeting, I walked out and realized that I had wasted my time, the opposing coaches time, the grievance committees time!!

Until that changes, the game will always be too physical. Fine line I know, but some infractions need to be called.

Hopesolo1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 23/08/16, 11:55 pm

FierceLightning wrote:3 years in rec, 2 years in academy and tons of tourneys, I have never seen a yellow card issued. One game in rec at PSA that I coached prior to going academy, we played a team that whoever won the game would be the bracket winner. The team grabbed tackled from behind, shirt grabbed, tripped the whole game and not even a foul called. Finally, one of our forwards beats a defender down the line and the defender reaches back and pulls her down by her pony tail. Ball goes out, its a turnover!! I had enough and stopped the game, and told the 15 year old girl ref that we were walking off if she didn't talk to the opposing teams coach. She stopped the game and made the coach huddle with his team of 7-8 year olds to tell them to quit grabbing. He spoke to them in Spanish and I don't think he thought I spoke Spanish fluently, because he told them good job continue to stop play just don't grab so much. Don't let them score no matter what in Spanish. The game continued and was rough but better. We lost 3-1. They were very happy. After the game, I walked up to the coach congratulated him and in perfect Spanish told him I would see him at the inquiry and that I heard every thing he told his team. Needless to say, he looked a little pale. I created a letter laying all this out and got my parents to give their version. Set-up the inquiry and went to the meeting. Basically, what I got were bobble heads telling me I was right, but that they tell their refs to not call fouls because they don't want to stifle the girls aggressiveness at a young age. WHAT??!! The referee commissioner at the time, was one of the most condescending, self righteous, pompous person I had ever seen in a position like that. He has been fired since then. The opposing coach just said he was sorry and that they really wanted to win the bracket even though all they got was a participation trophy just like we got!! Crazy Huh!

I agree that you wasted the other coaches time as well as the time of the grievance committee but I don't think you wasted your own time. If everyone did what you did then the price for committees that allow this and coaches that promote this is their wasted time.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 24/08/16, 09:28 am

I agree more yellow cards should be given. Unfortunately, many of us do not understand the intent of a yellow card. They are not a punishment for a foul committed. Think about it, what punishment does the player get from the yellow card? A free kick just like any other foul.

One reason we may not see many yellow cards is because we make a much bigger deal out of them than we should. We have created a stigma that players should be punished by being shown a yellow. Referees should be using the yellow card freely and it should not be viewed so negatively. Players should be taught to play hard, understand what it means to be cautioned, and how to adjust their play when they are sitting on a yellow. This would entice coaches to teach the game, or risk losing their star player for a couple of matches should he/she pick up a second yellow card.

We may never get this right in North Texas but hey my kid's team beat your kid's team to win the 87th Primetime/U90C tournament this year. We are going to also play our team in the ABC/XYZ league to which you are not invited but if you would like I can talk to our coach and see if he has an interest in having you come to tryouts next year even though he has asked me 100 times to reach out to you.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 24/08/16, 06:09 pm

A yellow card is both a punishment and a warning but would need to be followed by a red to have any teeth.

What is being missed in all these conversations is the intent of the player. The ref is supposed to judge if the player and act in question were:

Careless = foul
Reckless = caution / yellow
Excessive = removal from the game / red

So the girl that's "learning to be aggressive" by running around elbowing heads should be removed from the game. Is it her fault? Maybe not at 7 but by 12 or 13 yes. But so is the coach and he or she should face some form of disciplinary action for allowing that type of play to continue. We sit around claiming the girls are just being aggressive or physical when in reality their being thugs and probably preventing others from using or developing skills.

And don't give me the BS about having to be physical because it's a physical game. If that was the case the best players in the world would be brutes.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/08/16, 06:47 pm

ElClassico wrote:
And don't give me the BS about having to be physical because it's a physical game. If that was the case the best players in the world would be brutes.

Except for the fact that 3 of the past 4 years, the FIFA Women's Player of the Year would fit into that category...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down