North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Megan Rampinoe - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Megan Rampinoe

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Megan Rampinoe - Page 2 Empty Re: Megan Rampinoe

Post by soccerjack 16/09/16, 05:39 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:Me and mine stand, but I could care less about what others choose to do.

I do find this situation a bit odd.  Is there anything more lesbian than the USWNT? Softball, maybe.

USLNT. Lol

I thought I would catch more heat for this.

SCOTUS legalized gay marriage in late June 2015. In July 2015, the very first thing we saw on tv after the world cup win was Abby Wambach kissing her wife. There's definitely discrimination out there, but lesbian soccer players, specifically aging ones, don't have much to complain about.

The softball comment was the best.

soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 16/09/16, 10:49 pm

Sigh - Mohammed Ali - Refused to be drafted. People in Sports standing up for what they believe (which is making a better America - at least in their terms) is just another thing I love about this country.

It's better but I think it's got a bit to go and it's great that the people here and with a lot to lose are willing to stand up and say that.

Change makes people angry and sitting quietly in the back where you belong doesn't seem to drive it. Hmmmm. Anger can be quiet and understated and it can be expressed by moving up to the front where you don't belong. In my very personal opinion that's courage.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay 17/09/16, 12:40 am

Sigh...Megan is truly courageous. Risking all those sponsorships. What could be braver? Maybe some people are a little uncomfortable using the cause de jour as an excuse to disrespect the flag.
setplay
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 17/09/16, 09:55 am

So she's risking her livelihood, reputation and guaranteeing angry reaction up to and including threats to her and her family. She's stepping out and making herself a target for something she believes in. I very much doubt she started with a desire to disrespect the flag and then tried to find an excuse to do it.

She's using a very risky act in this society to make a statement we are all now paying attention to in a way that will almost certainly cost her money and will make life tougher for her and those around her.

By all means question the act, you should but I think the motive is valid. I wouldn't personally do what she is doing but I can see that she is representing America, just the bit of it that wants to change things and wants to get our attention and shake us up. That's what I like. I might ask if there is a better way to do it that doesn't upset so many folks but the answer might be no there isn't.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay 17/09/16, 10:50 am

It is the manner of the "protest". She should have the same 1st amendment protection as Hope Solo. Just kidding. It's just a question of common sense. As professional athletes they all get plenty of camera time. The kneeling for a club or city team is between the particular team/community and the player. There is a huge difference in protesting while wearing the national team jersey. She then represents US Soccer which is all of us. If I'm not mistaken they are paid to play for team USA. Doesn't accepting money to represent something you don't believe in kinda sound hypocritical?
setplay
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/09/16, 11:20 am

Rapinoe has every right to do what she did.

We have every right to be angered about it and voice our displeasure with her.

Jill Ellis has every right to not play her, or even not put her on the active roster for any games going forward.

US Soccer has every right to not renew her contract when it expires, and they may even be within their rights to terminate her current contract (not sure what legalities come into play there).

If Jill Ellis and/or US Soccer do not wish to take any action against Rapinoe for her actions, you and I have every right to declare our distaste for their lack of action, both through our voices and words, but more impactfully through our wallets by refusing to buy tickets to USWNT games, by refusing to purchase USWNT merchandise, by refusing to watch USWNT games on TV, and refusing to economically support any of the USWNT sponsors.

Every one of these is a choice, and the freedom for each and every one of us to make those choices, is what sets the USA apart in it's greatness, and is what our military and first responders put their lives on the line to protect each and every day.  

I sincerely thank them for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 17/09/16, 12:37 pm

Maybe another approach could have been to get into these communities and use her position with the national team to promote equality, fair play, and belief in all human kind. Proactive rather than reactive. Make her statement through being active in community to promote her ideas. Using her national platform to kneel during the anthem ,already being involved, increasing awareness we can make change by getting involved with community as athletes.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/09/16, 02:59 pm

Don't bite the hand that feeds you Megan.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/09/16, 11:37 pm

it is within everyones right to do everything you said and also within the national teams right (if its in their contract agreement) to punish her for it However, demanding COMPLIANCE doesn't change anything it just makes You feel more comfortable. They have said that your fellow americans are having these issues and the message back has been anger and indifference. And Will we apparently love the military and first responders so much it is our elected officials in congress who stood up and fought to deny them help when they got sick for responding at 9/11. It is our officials who make it nearly impossible for returning soldiers to get the help they need. And it is us who stand silently by and do nothing while we profess our love for them.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2