North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Lake Highlands Schedules - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Lake Highlands Schedules

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lake Highlands Schedules - Page 2 Empty Re: Lake Highlands Schedules

Post by Guest 12/09/16, 12:41 pm

bwgophers wrote:
ElClassico wrote:One could ask why conflicts weren't due in say...August? Seems to me the waited around to react to all the other schedules (ECNL, JDL, etc.) So for the sake of a few teams everyone else has to wait. Oh and by the way, there's simple software that can run a league schedule in a few hours. All you need to do is give it the parameters, # of teams, # of field, available times, etc.

Is it me, or did someone just volunteer to take over scheduling duties for LH??? affraid

haha bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/09/16, 01:04 pm

skiberdad wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
ElClassico wrote:One could ask why conflicts weren't due in say...August? Seems to me the waited around to react to all the other schedules (ECNL, JDL, etc.) So for the sake of a few teams everyone else has to wait. Oh and by the way, there's simple software that can run a league schedule in a few hours. All you need to do is give it the parameters, # of teams, # of field, available times, etc.

Is it me, or did someone just volunteer to take over scheduling duties for LH??? affraid

haha bw

Heck, I've had a standing offer out there to handle seeding for Michael Brown and King TuT in exchange for 1% of the gross parking revenue from TSC on those weekends. Make it 2% and I'll go ahead and take care of scheduling for LH. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by wittymgr 12/09/16, 01:11 pm

Volunteer away! I'm sure you've got this handled...
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 12/09/16, 02:26 pm

scoregazam wrote:Any day now Lake Highlands.

Schedules are out!!!! The world will not end tomorrow. Those imbeciles at LH finally stopped playing Pokémon Go long enough to actually put in 20 minutes worth of work, since that's how long it takes to build a schedule for the three teams left in LH, right? Now that they are released, it does appear that Thanksgiving is still on a Thursday this year. I know that is a relief to myself as we can now finalize our family plans. (Please note, there may or may not be a minimal amount of sarcasm in this post.... interpret at your own risk.)

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 12/09/16, 02:34 pm

FC1 wrote:

Schedules are out!!!! The world will not end tomorrow. Those imbeciles at LH finally stopped playing Pokémon Go long enough to actually put in 20 minutes worth of work, since that's how long it takes to build a schedule for the three teams left in LH, right? Now that they are released, it does appear that Thanksgiving is still on a Thursday this year. I know that is a relief to myself as we can now finalize our family plans. (Please note, there may or may not be a minimal amount of sarcasm in this post.... interpret at your own risk.)

U13 D1 doesn't look complete - 9 team division, but only 1 team has 8 games.  The rest only have 7 (unless they are planning on finishing out the first 1/2 of the season in the spring)

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Law5 12/09/16, 02:42 pm

I'm sure it doesn't matter to all of the fine soccer parents on here, but this affects more than just teams/parents/players. I complained not just as a soccer dad, but as a soccer dad/coach/ref. A lot of assignors want your entire seasons worth of availability at the start. Don't get it in, don't get games. Or you're a fill in. Think about that while complaining about refs.
Law5
Law5
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 12/09/16, 02:52 pm

Law5 wrote:I'm sure it doesn't matter to all of the fine soccer parents on here, but this affects more than just teams/parents/players. I complained not just as a soccer dad, but as a soccer dad/coach/ref. A lot of assignors want your entire seasons worth of availability at the start. Don't get it in, don't get games. Or you're a fill in. Think about that while complaining about refs.

I agree that this does indeed have some impacts, but the complaints seem a bit much. I am sure LH wants to get these completed more than the parents want to see them. They have probably been hearing about this from every possible angle / phone call, etc. What is the point of bashing LH or Duncan Hoffman? Do we really think that they are taking this long out of spite or incompetence? I realize everyone is a Monday morning QB, and that everyone wants it and wants it now, but it is comical at times.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Law5 12/09/16, 03:03 pm

Never bashed, but folks do have a right to question what's going on. You want less bashing, be more transparent.

I merely pointed out that refs come into play here, too. So remember that when good refs are working other places, or not at all, rather than for LH, as there could be multiple reasons.
Law5
Law5
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/16, 03:08 pm

FC1 must be the scheduler.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 12/09/16, 03:18 pm

Law5 wrote:Never bashed, but folks do have a right to question what's going on. You want less bashing, be more transparent.

Get Soapboxmom to sue for 100k, that should fix it. Laughing

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 12/09/16, 03:25 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:FC1 must be the scheduler.

Yes, you figured it out. Kudos to you. Or maybe my old user ID could not have the PW reset as I no longer have access to that email. One of the two. I like your option better. Does this mean I should be expecting a paycheck from LH and a tip from you?

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/16, 03:26 pm

FC1 wrote:

Yes, you figured it out. Kudos to you. Or maybe my old user ID could not have the PW reset as I no longer have access to that email. One of the two. I like your option better. Does this mean I should be expecting a paycheck from LH and a tip from you?
Tip from me: Stop being the LH scheduler.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 12/09/16, 03:33 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
FC1 wrote:

Now you tell me. Where was that sound advice when I applied for the job?

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/16, 03:45 pm

FC1 wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
FC1 wrote:

Now you tell me. Where was that sound advice when I applied for the job?
Have been called scum before. Probably best you don't take my advice.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 14/09/16, 05:06 pm

FC1 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to do as you were asked, for a position you volunteered for.   (Please note, there may or may not be a minimal amount of sarcasm). You are correct Thanksgiving is still on Thursday. Obviously that is the only weekend plans YOU have. Boring for you I guess. If the only week you worry about from Aug to Nov is Thanksgiving, and you have/or had nothing else planned, getting that schedule out a little sooner shouldn't have been a problem. scratch  (Again, Please note, there may or may not be a minimal amount of sarcasm). Your job is not wanted by many I am sure.  And yes we do appreciate your work (even if it takes forever lol!) and how ACCOUNTABLE your are. cheers Now the rest of us with other kids playing sports, or trips planned, or work schedules, can work our schedules out. Thanks again,
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 14/09/16, 07:32 pm

I am not sure if you really think I am associated with LH or you are just being comical. I hope it is the latter. In case it is the former, I am in no way associated with LH. I am just as critical as most, in some cases maybe more so. However, I do think the complaining got out of hand this year. No one wants to schedule that many teams. Instead of complaining anonymously about Duncan and his team, people could have volunteered to go up there and assist him. I am guessing no one offered to help.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/09/16, 08:15 pm

FC1 wrote:I am not sure if you really think I am associated with LH or you are just being comical. I hope it is the latter. In case it is the former, I am in no way associated with LH. I am just as critical as most, in some cases maybe more so. However, I do think the complaining got out of hand this year. No one wants to schedule that many teams. Instead of complaining anonymously  about Duncan and his team, people could have volunteered to go up there and assist him. I am guessing no one offered to help.
You don't really think people are serious about this do you? It does make for good forum banter though. All fun and games. But really though, thanks for getting the schedule out!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/09/16, 10:10 pm

FC1 wrote:I am not sure if you really think I am associated with LH or you are just being comical. I hope it is the latter. In case it is the former, I am in no way associated with LH. I am just as critical as most, in some cases maybe more so. However, I do think the complaining got out of hand this year. No one wants to schedule that many teams. Instead of complaining anonymously  about Duncan and his team, people could have volunteered to go up there and assist him. I am guessing no one offered to help.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 15/09/16, 01:18 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
You don't really think people are serious about this do you?  It does make for good forum banter though. All fun and games. But really though, thanks for getting the schedule out!

You're welcome. Or I'll phrase it like most people on this ol interwebs forum.... your welcome.

Sincerely,
Huncan Doffman.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/09/16, 10:23 am

FC1 wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
You don't really think people are serious about this do you?  It does make for good forum banter though. All fun and games. But really though, thanks for getting the schedule out!

You're welcome. Or I'll phrase it like most people on this ol interwebs forum.... your welcome.

Sincerely,
Huncan Doffman.
Ok nobody thinks you are the scheduler anymore. The new rumor is you are actually
SoapBoxMom.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2